• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

God's Beard said:
This is an interesting way for the devs to counter the negative hype that's been building up over the last couple weeks. The average person shares a good experience with 4-7 other people. With the internet, the number of people reached could be exponentially higher. Positively influencing 500-1000 concurrent viewers for very little effort probably has a much better result than prohibitive advertising campaigns or even reviews. It's a really powerful technique for stirring up buzz. I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped out the game early hoping the street date would get broken.

Yea makes me wonder why devs dont hand out some games early to streamers. (maybe some do) Reviews, Previews, Trailers, do NOTHING for me anymore. I need to see the gameplay before deciding if I'm buying a game and I can't see most games until they are out and being streamed. This stream just gets me so excited I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Artadius

SailorDaravon said:
FYI, Borderlands was NOT reviewed in the new GI, looking at my copy now.

Damn. Thanks for the heads up. That's disappointing to say the least. They won't have their review in magazine until a month from now. Kind of missing the boat there.

Artadius said:
Damn. Thanks for the heads up. That's disappointing to say the least. They won't have their review in magazine until a month from now. Kind of missing the boat there.
they will probably throw it online prior.

"Based on your current level and equipment, I predict you will have a 94.3% chance of finding an unfortunate death experience."

oh shit skagzilla coming up!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Vercingetorix said:
Diablo had difficulty levels, Hell and Nightmare and all that stuff.

I don't think that's what he was talking about? More like Easy, Nomal, Hard? Borderlands has New Game+, which is basically what Diablo did.

Vercingetorix said:
You are really reaching here. That's not the same as scalable difficulty. Diablo had scalable difficulty, Borderlands doesn't.

Playing through New Game + with the enemies scaled to your level isn't necessarily any harder than it was in the first game because you've obviously levelled up at the same rate as the enemies.

Mass Effect for example has New Game + and scalable difficulty, which is in itself proof that they're not the same thing.

Diablo didn't have scalable difficulty, it just goofed around with resistances.

Median

Uggggghhhh this stream is making me happy in the pants region for this game. Hopefully I can find an EB actually breaking the street date here.

Anybody know what the recommended system specs for the PC version are? I know theres system specs on steam, but its just one set. Can't tell if thats the minimum or the recommended. I hope its the recommended though =\

purg3

slept with Malkin
Dark Stalkers said:
lol at him using electricity on a ground pokemon

:lol that was awesome

Mr. Snrub said:
What? Why?

don't know, but looks like there are a couple of devs in there now. stupid stream is ruining the game for me, but i can't stop watching. looks so good.

Red

Ehhh the AI pattern for skagzilla was decent enough, but that battle dragged on for so long. Again, seems like the only thing I'm not looking forward to is the boss fights.

Syril

Those shields were regenerating awfully fast. It looked like he was in more danger from running out of ammo than actually being threatened by that boss.

purg3 said:
don't know, but looks like there are a couple of devs in there now. stupid stream is ruining the game for me, but i can't stop watching. looks so good.

There were 4 of them a few hours ago, they are coming and going.

Crunched said:
Ehhh the AI pattern for skagzilla was decent enough, but that battle dragged on for so long.

He kept shooting it on its armored face, rather than in the legs, and when he finally did he realized that the legs were taking about triple the damage. Of course this was after he had used up most of his ammo :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
God's Beard said:
We all know what our millenium hawkian is gonna be using now.

edit: ok, steam blackout from now on.
I'm out too. Skagzilla fight could of been done so much better. If he had used the shotty it would of been over 5 times as quick.

Rahk

Have they talked about Borderlands at length on any of the recent Giant Bombcasts?

I stopped listening a while back, but I'll give it another go to hear some Borderlands impressions.

Rahk said:
Have they talked about Borderlands at length on any of the recent Giant Bombcasts?

I stopped listening a while back, but I'll give it another go to hear some Borderlands impressions.

next bombcast will feature discussion of borderlands, per this week's cast.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rahk said:
Seen it. While it shows of the gameplay and features, they don't give their impressions or anything.
Thanks.
I felt how they talked about it conveyed impressions pretty well.
Probably they will have a review up soon too.

Syril

It looks about how I was expecting based on everything I had heard before. I'm not really in the mood for an FPS/Diablo type, but I'll be sure to look into it when I am.

God's Beard said:
double-scoped auto shotgun.

With two iron sights.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AGH couldn't resist. The siren stream is SO MUCH BETTER. Barely any commentary, just badass gameplay. This is nuts :'( Somebody get some dirt on Valve's execs so we can get them to unlock it sooner.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
double-scoped auto shotgun.

With two iron sights.

No, no, no, it has to be a PISTOL shotgun! For my skills!

Okay you got me I really fucking want that too. 4 equippable weapons = best design decision ever btw

EDIT: I saw that too and they definitely should NOT "fix" it. That was hilariawesome :lol

Edit again: btw... "millennium hawkian?" Two talons up :lol :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, just saw some indoor areas (was wondering if there actually were any) and
some enemies like HL2 headcrabs/alien facehuggers
. My hype level has reached critical mass and I must now ban myself from consuming any more borderlands material (well.. maybe except DLC info if it is released) until the game comes out.

Top Bottom