• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

VaLiancY

I need this game NOW!

1255694920685.png

Haunted

Kosma said:
A friend of mine is playing a pirated 360 copy already while I have to wait another 13 days for the game to unlock on Steam.

:_(
Talk him into getting a GAF account so we can get him banned from GAF.

Mikey Jr.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Apparently got a 86% from PCGamer UK.

Highest score from PC Gamer UK has been a 96 - Half Life 2 & Civ 2.

Do you know of any other games that got around an 86%? Just wanna know what their definition of an 86 is.

Shoogoo

Anybody's watching Brandouche right now? He went through the control options but couldn't see wether there was legacy or not. Anybody?

edit: nevermind, it's offline and he's playing yesterday's feed

Shoogoo said:
Anybody's watching Brandouche right now? He went through the control options but couldn't see wether there was legacy or not. Anybody?

edit: nevermind, it's offline and he's playing yesterday's feed

Numbartist has a good feed going. No cheesy commentary. Just straight up carnage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mikey Jr. said:
Do you know of any other games that got around an 86%? Just wanna know what their definition of an 86 is.

Fallout 3: 90%
Mirror's Edge: 80%
Left 4 Dead: 88%
Crysis Warhead: 84%

Zertez

You need to mute most of the feeds or not bother to read the chat. I corrected some guy in S1ayer chat who said Borderlands wasnt designed on the PC. I provided a link with Randy Pitchford stating the pc was the games development platform and got banned. :lol I guess logic isnt allowed in the channel :lol

Shoogoo

Zertez said:
You need to mute most of the feeds or not bother to read the chat. I corrected some guy in S1ayer chat who said Borderlands wasnt designed on the PC. I provided a link with Randy Pitchford stating the pc was the games development platform and got banned. :lol I guess logic isnt allowed in the channel :lol

no links allowed I think

Zertez said:
Was randy saying this to a PC based magazine or site?

Zertez

Shoogoo said:
no links allowed I think
Several links were already posted and they did not get ban, so I thought it was ok. No biggie, I still got to watch the feed except with no chat. It was a link to an interview for Maximumpc site.

Shoogoo

yeah honestly I wouldn't mind being banned from the getgo

if they're not console waring they'll just ask stupid question like "is it better than fallout derp"

HAY IS THIS THE XBOX VRESION?

how did u get it?

show us UR CLASS MOD

R u pirating lol

OMG KILL

is this game fun????

Do u like this game?

The chat is so annoying in these streams, they should disable everyone but the devs who were in there :D

After watching these feeds, I moved some points around to make Roland a little more practical.

Passive abilities:
+60% magazine size
+15% weapon damage

Active abilities(activates when killing an enemy):
+30% fire rate
+75% recoil reduction
+04% shield restoration per second
+03% grenade damage
+02 grenades generated per minute

Turret abilities:
+35% damage
+05 shots fired per burst
+05 ammo regeneration rate for nearby players
+05% health regeneration per second for nearby players
Rocket fired every 8 seconds
No cooldown period(holy shit)

Larger clips + faster, stronger bullets + low recoil + health/shields/ammo regen FTW

It's possible to have assault rifles with over 200% clip size and no recoil, but I felt that there were better ways to spend points. The main thing is that the turret, although a powerful tool, is best used as a tool, not the main way to kill.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
God's Beard said:
best used as a tool, not the main way to kill.

With a missile fired every 8 seconds, you might have trouble not killing things :lol Can you actually have it fire them faster than that or is that maxed?

Shoogoo

Hawkian said:
With a missile fired every 8 seconds, you might have trouble not killing things :lol Can you actually have it fire them faster than that or is that maxed?

You can lower it at 4s iirc

Hawkian said:
It's level 1, actually. I figured that by the time the first missile fires, my turret placement will have already served a good portion of its purpose. Unless no cooldown means I can redrop before the timer runs out, there's no point in having more missiles come out. With the way enemies and levels are laid out, the turret won't always have things to shoot at, so it's better to make Roland a more efficient killer as well.

The main difference between our classes is that all of Roland's best skills are tier 1/2, but Mordecai's best skill(multiple hawk), is tier 4. that means that until you're level 20 minimum(which took that guy what, 15 hours?), the hawk is only moderately more useful than shooting.

Shoogoo

God's Beard said:
After watching these feeds, I moved some points around to make Roland a little more practical.

Passive abilities:
+60% magazine size
+15% weapon damage

Active abilities(activates when killing an enemy):
+30% fire rate
+75% recoil reduction
+04% shield restoration per second
+03% grenade damage
+02 grenades generated per minute

Turret abilities:
+35% damage
+05 shots fired per burst
+05 ammo regeneration rate for nearby players
+05% health regeneration per second for nearby players
Rocket fired every 8 seconds
No cooldown period(holy shit)

Larger clips + faster, stronger bullets + low recoil + health/shields/ammo regen FTW

It's possible to have assault rifles with over 200% clip size and no recoil, but I felt that there were better ways to spend points. The main thing is that the turret, although a powerful tool, is best used as a tool, not the main way to kill.

I'd put at least one point in supply drop as ammunitions seems to be somewhat problematic. But if Stockpile does the job then yep, drop it

Shoogoo said:
I'd put at least one point in supply drop as ammunitions seems to be somewhat problematic. But if Stockpile does the job then yep, drop it

You'd think so, with the fast fire rate and large magazines. The interesting thing is that I'll actually be using less ammo than other classes due to the 15% damage increase, less recoil and the weapon types I'll be using. Ammo would only become a problem with low accuracy weapons like hawkian's.

FinKL

Just went to gamestop to read the strategy book. Omg the gun catalog is HUGE. Didn't want to spoil the story and I knew everything about specs. The guide's dissection of how a gun is made is amazing (think every part can be randomized from magazine size, scope, to even stock. One thing I did read that is of interest is different weapon categories have different elemental proc %. Snipers and combat rifles have a higher proc % the longer you wait between shots (think first shots in a firefight will be best chance for a proc) and automatic weaps (smg and repeat pistol) each have a small proc % independent of everything else. Also, the guide mentioned EXPLOSIVE as an elemental mod, but I'm not sure if this is strickly for rockets only. If explosive is a mod other than rockets, hello high rate of fire, high proc , PBAoE Phoenix SMG siren :D

Alex

I just push pop out and shut the main window when I watch a stream. Turns the video into it's own little window with no "HEY YO IS DIS LIEK CALL OF DUTY".

Jayge

quetz67 said:
Got an 8.3 (second opinion 8.7) from PS3M, a german PS3 magazine.

Shot posted again just for pure awesomeness:

*awesome picture*

Man, am I the only one who misses Mord's kilt?

Top Bottom