• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

TheFallen

Poor s1ayer just got obliterated by a "Roid Rage Psycho" (looks like one of those Titans in Batman). Lack of difficulty / bad ai my ass.

edit: The boss glitched this time. Got stuck, so he was able to kill easily. Meh.

Rokk

Neo Member
Watching the slayer stream now, it looks like the boss he's fighting is bugged out :/. Just standing still and taking shots.

Artadius

Heh, yup, what does this tell us?

If you suck, just keep trying until you finally die in a spot which will leave the boss glitched into the geometry. Question is, will you be a bad enough player to need to take advantage of the cheese to get past the boss. Guess that says what type of player that one guy is from the podcast recently complaining about AI.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TheFallen said:
Poor s1ayer just got obliterated by a "Roid Rage Psycho" (looks like one of those Titans in Batman). Lack of difficulty / bad ai my ass.

edit: The boss glitched this time. Got stuck, so he was able to kill easily. Meh.
When Brandon was fighting some bandits his level earlier they kept ducking behind cover all the time and he could barely hand any headshots on them, so I'm not really worried.

I think I've finally decided I will be Roland* Maybe Mordecai. Agh.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01000000005505555550005

Rahk

I am glad that I am unable to watch the streams without them pausing every few seconds, otherwise I'd be doing nothing else and have the game spoiled for me.

I'm curious to see exactly how long it takes this stream guy to finish the game.

Artadius said:
Heh, yup, what does this tell us?

If you suck, just keep trying until you finally die in a spot which will leave the boss glitched into the geometry. Question is, will you be a bad enough player to need to take advantage of the cheese to get past the boss. Guess that says what type of player that one guy is from the podcast recently complaining about AI.

Definitely a communist. Damn communists.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Which boss was it that glitched out? Unless it's a later one than I'm likely to have seen. And was it a visual glitch or just caught on terrain?

Xabora

ZealousD said:
I'd take those points out of fast hands and put them into swipe. More money means you can more easily afford the cool weapons that come on sale.
I edited it rather quick once I saw my mistake.

Xabora

Tokubetsu said:
The Mordecai build I was thinking of is exactly the same except instead of 5/5 Bird of Prey, I went with Relentless instead.
Hey, you can't beat multiable stuns. And stuns will help more than just blasting them. :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Xabora said:
I edited it rather quick once I saw my mistake.

Out for Blood has its uses, though. Experience with RPGs tells me that having a means to regenerate health more quickly means you cut down time between encounters. Not having to stop and rest is a HUGE for farming.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Xabora said:
Hey, you can't beat multiable stuns. And stuns will help more than just blasting them. :p
It's not stun, just 'daze'. I'd much rather take the health bonus or 40% reload speed.

Xabora

ZealousD said:
Out for Blood has its uses, though. Experience with RPGs tells me that having a means to regenerate health more quickly means you cut down time between encounters. Not having to stop and rest is a HUGE for farming.
True, but stocking on health stuff would help considering the amount of crap you get.
Another variation: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/#11000000055050555500550
Hazaro said:
It's not stun, just 'daze'. I'd much rather take the health bonus or 40% reload speed.
Good point. :p

Rokk

Neo Member
Hawkian said:
Which boss was it that glitched out? Unless it's a later one than I'm likely to have seen. And was it a visual glitch or just caught on terrain?

It was the Roid Rage Psycho guy, I'm not sure if it was a boss boss or just a mini boss, I didn't watch much of the stream. And it was caught on terrain I'm pretty sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm rolling a Siren for my second char! Promise! Just can't think that far ahead! Too busy thinking of ways to skip the next ten days :p

These streams led me on a pointless 4 hour trip searching for the coveted "broken street date". I knew it would be a fruitless journey. Ended up picking up 6 games via the b2g1 toys r us deal. So I have more to throw on the backlog. The joys of being an addict. Come on Tuesday!!

spazzfish

Xevren said:
Screw you guys and your lack of Lilith love :mad:

Thats who I want to play, but i'm not so impressed with her skill tree. I think i'm going to have to play it first to see how some of these skills work out because a few seem a bit pointless.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
spazzfish said:
Thats who I want to play, but i'm not so impressed with her skill tree. I think i'm going to have to play it first to see how some of these skills work out because a few seem a bit pointless.
You get super speed (during phase walk and 50% run speed) and if you combine that with 7% regen while in phase walk every 16 seconds... That's pretty potent.

TheFallen

spazzfish said:
The daze skills are a little less desirable, but most of what she has is pretty good. Some good builds there. What's not to like?

spazzfish

TheFallen said:
The daze skills are a little less desirable, but most of what she has is pretty good. Some good builds there. What's not to like?

The elemental tree doesn't excite me at all, nor the daze skills. Looking at the tree it looks like what's effective is shooting off a few pistol rounds then phase walking behind to finish off with a big melee hit.
Just from description and not seeing anything in action this is the kind of build i'd be looking at:

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21521250050100005105535

TheFallen

spazzfish said:
The elemental tree doesn't excite me at all, nor the daze skills. Looking at the tree it looks like what's effective is shooting off a few pistol rounds then phase walking behind to finish off with a big melee hit.
Just from description and not seeing anything in action this is the kind of build i'd be looking at:

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21521250050100005105535
Elemental is a great tree. How can you turn down Quicksilver (increased fire rate), Radiance (Shock Damage aura while Phasewalking), and Phoenix (ammo retention and a Fire damage aura). Venom (Melee Corrosive damage) is mostly beneficial if you're stacking her Assassin skills: Phase Strike, Hit & Run. Very powerful combo.

Edit: Also, she has no weapon specializations, so you have the freedom to use anything you want. I don't see why you'd think you'd be forced to use pistols. Nor melee hits from behind.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
"ps plz tell your mom to change her lipstick to something other than red
my dick looks like a large chilli"

Quite possibly the best YouTube comment of all time.

Not bad, but it doesn't compare to a comment QVT and I have deemed the pound-for-pound Best YouTube Comment of All Time. It was in response to a KRS-One video. Someone cast aspersions on his talent and went on to say that his nose made him look like a cuckold, amongst other things. Of course, that description doesn't do the comment justice, but I'll have to look for it later.

xbhaskarx

BenjaminBirdie said:
"ps plz tell your mom to change her lipstick to something other than red
my dick looks like a large chilli"

Quite possibly the best YouTube comment of all time.

That's like being the tallest midget.

Sebulon3k said:
Haha the Smack and the Knife killed me :lol

The best part is when he shushes the guy as he's choking him with the controller.

spazzfish

TheFallen said:
Elemental is a great tree. How can you turn down Quicksilver (increased fire rate), Radiance (Shock Damage aura while Phasewalking), and Phoenix (ammo retention and a Fire damage aura). Venom (Melee Corrosive damage) is mostly beneficial if you're stacking her Assassin skills: Phase Strike, Hit & Run. Very powerful combo.

Edit: Also, she has no weapon specializations, so you have the freedom to use anything you want. I don't see why you'd think you'd be forced to use pistols. Nor melee hits from behind.

Quicksilver is great but the rest on the elemental tree i'd leave. I just think the other skills available would be much more productive for damage output and survivability.

Kosma

Banned
A friend of mine is playing a pirated 360 copy already while I have to wait another 13 days for the game to unlock on Steam.

:_(

Shoogoo

Kosma said:
A friend of mine is playing a pirated 360 copy already while I have to wait another 13 days for the game to unlock on Steam.

:_(

your friend is an ass and I want to punch him in teh balls

MMaRsu

Teamxbox forums are filled with retards :lol

Originally Posted by hammerclaw View Post
39.99, huh? I thought the game was going to suck, when they decided to cell shade over mediocre graphics. Now I know for sure.

Top Bottom