• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

kai3345

Banned
Does anyone still play this? I've been dying to play this again but my buddy that I co-op with quit and I refuse to play the game single player.

360 here and soon to maybe be PC player too

mauaus said:
is the online component still healthy on ps3?
I still see people playing it from time to time though I haven't played it in a while. Are you thinking of playing for the first time, or returning to the game? Hit me up on PSN if you want, we can play some co-op if you want.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Genesis Knight said:
The DLC on-disc GOTY edition is $19.99 at Amazon, new.

Does single player really suck that bad?
I found it enjoyable on some level (did the DLCs alone because none of my friends picked them up). It can get a bit tiresome though.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Genesis Knight said:

It's also available on Amazon.ca for $19.00 CDN. :)

I loved the singleplayer, rented it for a few weeks last year and half-maxed one character. I'm going to pick up this GOTY edition one of these days.

bubnbob

Banned
ultron87 said:
Is there any reason to not install all the DLC off the GOTY disc right away?

Lack of HDD space? All the DLC isnt merged in the main game, its selectable from a teleporter so you can go whenever you want. So you can do main game -> DLCs

woolley

I'm having a lot of fun with this game after playing it most of the weekend. I have no idea how far into the game I'm in or where I even am in the world but I'm just having a great time walking around blowing people's heads off. And I love just randomly getting an awesome weapon randomly weather it be from a box or just coming out a pile of trash.

I regret that I kinda regret that I didn't get the game earlier so that I would be able to find people to do co-op with.

bengraven

Genesis Knight said:

Whaaaaat? My first two playthroughs were single player and it was awesome. Sometimes it's hard to find a decent companion in that game.

Abylim

I'm about to reinstall, lost all my stuff when my ps3 died.

I bought the GotY, with all dlc. If anyone is down for playing around, I have a 40ish soldier, on his second run, or a 17 hunter.

PSN is Abylim.

Massa

Massa said:
So it looks like they re-released the GOTY edition with the content on disc (at least on PS3). Does it still say on the box that the content is in a voucher, even though it's on the disc?

If you own either of these GOTY versions on PS3 (US version) could you pretty please post the sku number that is on the spine of the disc (similar to BLUS-30386)?

Thanks!

Anyone, please?

bubnbob

Banned
Massa said:
Anyone, please?

The difference between the two is on the box as a bulletpoint.

Voucher version says: "All 4 DLC on TOKENS" (to that effect)

Disc version says: "All 4 DLC Add-Ons" (with no mention of Token)

Can't help with the SKU sorry.

Massa

Thanks for the replies! I'll check with my retailer which version they have in stock (can't buy from Amazon, unfortunately).

Rikyfree

bj00rn_ said:
Nice try.. But no dice. One of the best games this generation.
I second this guy. Holy shit, I have to pace myself playing this game. I rarely get utterly addicted to games. I was with CoD4, Uncharted 2. And then this thing comes along and I'm having a hard time just going to do my work for classes. This game has the potential to utterly fuck my life up. I say that with a huge smile on my face. I love this game. I love KZ3, but this game is the best game of my 2011 so far. Ooo, I feel like playing it now, but I'm gonna say no and go to bed. If any want to play online, hit me up on PSN. PSN ID is Qlaahrqueh!

I picked this up on 360 the other day, got to about lvl 17 or so. The style of the game is great, the Zoolander style freeze frame intros for each main character you meet are awesome.

I'm playing soldier, it says his main focus is shotgun/rifle. I found a pretty beast pistol and SMG, they seemed to work fine. When it says his main focus is shotgun/rifle, is that because all his talents boost those two guns?

benjipwns

Banned
nismogrendel said:
I'm playing soldier, it says his main focus is shotgun/rifle. I found a pretty beast pistol and SMG, they seemed to work fine. When it says his main focus is shotgun/rifle, is that because all his talents boost those two guns?
You don't need to stick to the class focus, indeed you may not want to. A shotgun can be valuable for a Siren or Hunter in the proper situations. If a pistol or SMG is working for you better than anything else you can find, roll with it.

pringles

Genesis Knight said:
Are you joking? I wasn't 'trying' anything. Haven't really paid attention to this game but I thought I heard it was boring by yourself.
I'm lvl 55 and have played maybe 95% of the time in single-player. It can get a get a bit tedious and repetitive at times, but at the same time it's addictive as hell.

Co-op is obviously a lot of fun too but I like being able to take my time and when you play with others you usually end up rushing. Also if you're a group where everyone isn't the same level there are obvious balance issues, where certain enemies are really easy for one player but insanely hard for others (even if you're within 2-3 lvls of eachother).

Sarcasm

Genesis Knight said:
Are you joking? I wasn't 'trying' anything. Haven't really paid attention to this game but I thought I heard it was boring by yourself.

To me BL is what D2 was to me.

Great fun solo, awesomely fun multi.

(I guess it also helps that my wife watches and is basically a spotter/cheer/shouter)

I have a question. I used to have the disc version of borderlands but now I just got the download version and all the DLC. I've been reading that my saves should be working but it can't find any of my saves or my level 50 character. I REALLY don't want to rebuild from lvl 1. Is this a known issue? did I just read bad information? Am I screwed?

Game of the Year Editions seems to be on sale for $20 bucks just about everywhere so I think I'm finally going to jump in.

Don't want to start a flame war (think it's too late for that anyway), but is their a superior version? I remember hearing the PS3 version being a little buggy when they first launched. Has that been patched or is the 360 version still the definitive version?

Lothars

CartridgeBlower said:
Game of the Year Editions seems to be on sale for $20 bucks just about everywhere so I think I'm finally going to jump in.

Don't want to start a flame war (think it's too late for that anyway), but is their a superior version? I remember hearing the PS3 version being a little buggy when they first launched. Has that been patched or is the 360 version still the definitive version?

I don't think you can go wrong for either version, it's just depending if you have friends on one version or the other.

Yopis

CartridgeBlower said:

Just got this the other day game freezes my 60 gig and chat is spotty on ps3 version. Both problems never got fixes check the official forums for the game. Game is a lot of fun when it works.

snackattack

Neo Member
pringles said:
Also if you're a group where everyone isn't the same level there are obvious balance issues, where certain enemies are really easy for one player but insanely hard for others (even if you're within 2-3 lvls of eachother).

It's hard to balance a game with an infinite variety of guns, eh?

sun-drop

just sucks how you can spend 30mins on a mission ..and then some prick yr playi ng with swoops in and steals yr loot. rewards shud be more co-op friendly

Meier

Just started playing this the other day after picking up the GOTY edition for $20 on Amazon. Holy shit, it's awesome! I am at level 20 now and picked Mordecai although in retrospect I may not have due to the fact the sniper rifle being sort of hit or miss.. interested to see how it will be when I cap it (not sure how high the weapon levels go.. think it's at 7 for me).

Only played SP so far personally.

SixStringPsycho said:
Got the GotY edition for PS3 and had a download token for Duke Nukem Forever. Do all of them have it?

I think there are two GOTY editions. One with DLC token and the other with DLC on disc. I guess yours is the second one and i think all of the newer GOTY editions have code for DNF. Was there a sticker on the box or anything like that? Does it says that when you can download the demo?

valentine71 said:
I think there are two GOTY editions. One with DLC token and the other with DLC on disc. I guess yours is the second one and i think all of the newer GOTY editions have code for DNF. Was there a sticker on the box or anything like that? Does it says that when you can download the demo?
No sticker or logo mentioning Duke Nukem Voucher. Also I registered the code online and theres no demo yet nor a release date. Some wallpapers and concept art up for grabs but thats it. Played BL and its a great game. Like it more than fallout IMO. But Im kinda more excited for Dukes demo.

kurahadol

Seeing as all the DLC is now on sale, how is the Claptrap DLC? I have the other 3, and still haven't got around to playing through them, should I bother with the claptrap one?

-NeoTB1-

I couldn't resist, so I got it on the Steam sale. I own the regular 360 version, but this was worth it if only for the DLC. Plus, it's a good excuse to hook up with some of my PC gamer friends.

ScrubJay

Got this about a week ago during the Gamestop sale. Can't believe I ever got rid of this, it's addictive as hell. I played through Dr Ned's island and started on Knoxx last night. One thing I forgot was the little humorous quirks, sure everyone plays this game to grind and get loot but I don't think it'd be the same without beer helmet zombies and Scooters ridiculous accent.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I'm enjoying playing this on PC. That's a damn good price.

I just need to look up that FoV fix. That and the HUD make me feel pretty claustrophobic.

JdFoX187

Banned
Assholes need to put the DLC on sale again on Xbox LIVE. A friend and I have played through the game twice and hit the first two DLC packs. I really want to try General Knoxx and Claptrap Revolution.

woolley

JdFoX187 said:
Assholes need to put the DLC on sale again on Xbox LIVE. A friend and I have played through the game twice and hit the first two DLC packs. I really want to try General Knoxx and Claptrap Revolution.
Your not really missing much...I found the first two DLC's to be way more fun and worth the time to get through. The only thing that I found good with the last two DLC's is that they raise the lvl cap.

Rikyfree

I am so addicted to this game. All the DLC's are great! Just need some people to play with online. I wish I could own my own little claptrap.

Top Bottom