• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Puck

Banned
are there any extremely difficult quests that require you to play co op to get extremely good/rare loot? sorta like dungeons i guess. how does co op work, is it just pumping everyone into a single player world?

Rahk

Puck said:
are there any extremely difficult quests that require you to play co op to get extremely good/rare loot? sorta like dungeons i guess. how does co op work, is it just pumping everyone into a single player world?
According to the Giant Bomb quick look, enemies are scaled in numbers based on the number of players in the game. I believe I've read somewhere that enemies also scale in difficulty, but the quick look seems to contradict that. Maybe it scales both. The world is still the same as the single player world though.

Not sure about co-op only dungeons though. I'm guessing all areas will be completable in single player, they'll just be scaled more difficult in co-op. Considering their influences, I'm sure there will be really difficult areas to grind for rare loot.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Holy shit. I didn't even know this game existed. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Where the hell does this come from? So good. If I only play as Lilith, will I miss anything story related? Because I only want to play as her. Fuck the other dudes.

This looks so damn awesome.

Smash88

Banned
I just watched the games ending on that justintv slayer stream and all I have to say is
O M F G!

SPOILER:

The ending was lame, people went ape shit in chat saying not to buy the game it is a waste of money. The ending truly was some cliched garbage. Ended on saying I am watching you that door won't open for another 200 years, but you get a fortune for it. What a lame ending. :lol

Rahk

TheCardPlayer said:
If I only play as Lilith, will I miss anything story related? Because I only want to play as her. Fuck the other dudes.
There's a story?

Seriously though. From what I can tell, the story takes a very minor role and I don't believe there will be anything character specific.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Rahk said:
There's a story?

Seriously though. From what I can tell, the story takes a very minor role and I don't believe there will be anything character specific.

Good. I didn't want to be forced to play as some bland dudes, just to get the complete story. :lol

spazzfish

Ok here is a question for those that have played the game. Does the geometry of the world/levels stay the same or does it work like diablo 2 where the areas will change each time you play?

Shoogoo

spazzfish said:
Ok here is a question for those that have played the game. Does the geometry of the world/levels stay the same or does it work like diablo 2 where the areas will change each time you play?

:lol I'm not sure you realize what you're asking for :)

spazzfish

Shoogoo said:
:lol I'm not sure you realize what you're asking for :)

When you play diablo2 the levels even though keeping consistent look change in layout every time you play. Stops things getting so repetitive. I was just hoping this game would do something similar.
Imagine a random dungeon creating system that's what i'm asking for.

Shoogoo

spazzfish said:
When you play diablo2 the levels even though keeping consistent look change in layout every time you play. Stops things getting so repetitive. I was just hoping this game would do something similar.
Imagine a random dungeon creating system that's what i'm asking for.

I know exactly how the levels in D2 work. It would be awesome, don't get me wrong. But we shall wait another couple of years before seeing that.

TheFallen

It amazes me how much misinformation is in the Invisible Walls video/podcast. They even say the Fight for Your Life mechanic gives you all of your health back. Take everything they say with caution.

Ardorx

Banned
MMaRsu said:
You don't get banned for playing legit games early.

I was told differently. Someone I used to work with told me he was banned for 2 weeks playing a legitimate copy of Mass Effect. It would have been permanent if he didn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops like sending them proof of purchase.

MMaRsu

Ardorx said:
I was told differently. Someone I used to work with told me he was banned for 2 weeks playing a legitimate copy of Mass Effect. It would have been permanent if he didn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops like sending them proof of purchase.

Never heard of such a thing and have had games early a bunch of times :p.

Eric WK

Ardorx said:

It's been made clear by Microsoft regarding Forza 3/Borderlands that anybody playing a legitimate copy has nothing to worry about. They're only banning people who pirated either game.

And MMaRsu, your thread sucks.

MMaRsu

Eric WK said:
It's been made clear by Microsoft regarding Forza 3/Borderlands that anybody playing a legitimate copy has nothing to worry about. They're only banning people who pirated either game.

Hey sorry man. I know I'll love MW2 and I'll try to get it asap. But I just don't think they deserve my money.

This game will last me for quite some time though.

eznark

Banned
"If you have a receipt you have nothing to worry about"

Sure I'm guessing it's a pain in the ass. I'm guessing the only way to implement it is to ban first and request a scanned receipt later, but no one who bought it early is going to get banned.

Eric WK

MMaRsu said:
Hey sorry man. I know I'll love MW2 and I'll try to get it asap. But I just don't think they deserve my money.

Did you go out of your way to buy the dozen Activision games you have achievements for secondhand too? Or do you only "boycott" the one thing they've gotten right?

Tokubetsu

MMaRsu said:

No one's more butthurt than me but you gotta miss out dude. Back on topic. Bkajdhjad Why can't they push up the pc release? =/

sh4mike

Ardorx said:
The gun with the bullets that bounce enemies up into the air might be the best thing ever.
Vid link?

We're not talking about the gun with bullets bouncing along the ground; we're talking about a straight shot that, when it hits the enemy, it pops them up (for potential air combos)?

Eric WK said:

They said "keep your receipt" in that same statement. Which makes it obvious, and has been confirmed by multiple people now, that they ban you, then let you prove they shouldn't have after the fact by showing proof of purchase.

Jayge

CrazedArabMan said:
I'm probably the only one who actually enjoys this stream, the commentary is pretty funny and it livens up the mood to, plus he isn't that bad, he's just not really good.
No way man, I love Brandon. I'm just pissed because I may refer to loot as CANDAY for the rest of my life now :lol

Caaaaandyyyy!!!

Before this weekend, I had seen barely any media on the game and never gave a thought about it.

I am now going to buy it, looks great!!

FinKL

I just added the Borderlands shortcut from Steam to my desktop. Thought about teasing you guys with a screenshot, but I know everyone would have went G-unit crazy :p

Also, I may have spots open for the 4pack on Steam I'll let you all know as release draws nearer (like Sunday of next week)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey snug or Phthisis, if you're reading this and feel like sating my curiosity, I was wondering if you could give a brief line about what sets the different manufacturers apart that you've encountered, what their guns tend to look like and such. I've been pretty curious about this since I heard Randy say Jakobs uses wood in all its stocks.

Top Bottom