• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

SundaySounds said:
It comes out for consoles tomorrow, and PC comes out next monday.
Kind of confused about this because my amazon order says that the pc version comes out tomorrow. And I will receive it by Friday. Probably a mistake on their part.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
People don't actually play games for the story, do they?

Mr. Snrub said:
Christ, the chuckleheads over at the viral thread are driving me nuts. So many of them calling Borderlands a bad game, even BEFORE all the good reviews game out.

That thread is GAF idiocy at its finest. I really haven't seen anything as sad since The Great GTA 4 Backlash of '08.

I feel for Gearbox...

mackloon

Neo Member
Hawkian said:
EDIT: I doubt the merc pack is worth it. They're level 10 or under guns, and half of the excitement in this game is finding weapons that are unique to your experience.
some of them do look pretty cool

That was my thought on this one too....

Mr. Snrub said:
Christ, the chuckleheads over at the viral thread are driving me nuts. So many of them calling Borderlands a bad game, even BEFORE all the good reviews game out.

I made a tangential assertion based on the impression I got from other posters in the thread. It was a mistake, I took it back, and I am trying to move on with my life. =(

Now lets all hate on the other naysayers

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
People (I) play SOME games (Longest Journey) for the story, just not this one (applesauce).

EDIT: Cajun, very humble. You are good people.

TheRagnCajun said:
I made an assertion based on the impression I got from other posters in the thread. It was a mistake, I took it back, and I am trying to move on with my life. =(
Its gonna be ok man. Some times you are the troll and some times you are the trolled.

edit for grammar

The only story in games I like are the ones you make up for yourself, like I do when I play Katamari. Or Princess Maker.

Cant0na said:
oh, so regenerating health isnt class specific, just what you equip. good

I was planing to play as a sniper, but thought his class didnt allow regen. so decided to go soldier.......guess im doing sniper after all

Only Soldier and Lilith can actively regenerate shields, but all can refresh them halo-style by hiding behind cover for a while. I'm pretty sure all the classes have some way to restore health, though.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't see an answer in the OPs FAQ.

Do the weapons have different models depending on the rarity of the weapon, or are there unique weapons with cool looking models? For example, can I find a legendary shotgun that looks really unique compared to other shottys?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No weapon breaks, jams, or deterioration (weapons do have different recoil and accuracy).

Yes unique, named guns with unique model/skins.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Hawkian said:
No weapon breaks, jams, or deterioration (weapons do have different recoil and accuracy).

Awesome to both of these. I'm really trying not to spend money right now, but this game is really tempting me.

Hawkian said:

YESSSSSS

HIGH FIVE!

K.Jack said:
I think I'll buy this, but solely for the SP experience.

Mistake?

I feel compelled to ask.... Why?
You're talking with bunches of Gaffers who would love to play with you on whatever system you want. Don't be so anti-social!

Also, I really don't think that the single player alone is worth 50 bones.

newsguy

Played this with 2 buddies last night. We got about 3 hours in and and realized this game is no joke. When someone in your group is a higher level, enemies get really tough to take down. Headshots and dismemberment are all very fun.

Raelson

K.Jack said:
I think I'll buy this, but solely for the SP experience.

Mistake?
No, I'm having extremely fun playing SP.
Almost as fun as when I was playing split-screen.

I'd also like to give out a warning to people. The game saves very often and if you're not paying attention and you quit the game while it saves, your savefile WILL get corrupted.
Happened to my game and i had to start over.

Raelson said:
No, I'm having extremely fun playing SP.
Almost as fun as when I was playing split-screen.

I'd also like to give out a warning to people. The game saves very often and if you're not paying attention and you quit the game while it saves, your savefile WILL get corrupted.
Happened to my game and i had to start over.

You can't turn off autosave?

TheRagnCajun said:
I made a tangential assertion based on the impression I got from other posters in the thread. It was a mistake, I took it back, and I am trying to move on with my life. =(

Now lets all hate on the other naysayers

Haha, appreciate the accountability! Hopefully you'll give the game a try soon!

Hate hate hate
Modern Warfare 2
2i8adk6.jpg

Anyone else read IGN's review and think their 8.8 overall score was a bit low in comparison to the text?

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating there seems to be an inconsistency. All 3 pages of the review seemed absolutely glowing. If you had someone only read the text and try to guess what the score would've been, I bet it would've been higher than 8.8.

Red

AHappyPanda said:
Anyone else read IGN's review and think their 8.8 overall score was a bit low in comparison to the text?

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating there seems to be an inconsistency. All 3 pages of the review seemed absolutely glowing. If you had someone only read the text and try to guess what the score would've been, I bet it would've been higher than 8.8.
If only Zelda fans could be this civil.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SundaySounds said:
what are you talking about? It's 45 bucks on steam.

Put together a four pack. Took me less than 24 hours on GAF, I know two sets of four that got one together in under 2 hours. Post in the coop thread (throw your SN down there too while you're at it).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18085378#post18085378

HoRNS456 said:
I am 10 - 12 hours into the game and I love it. FR me, HoRNS456 if anyone wants to play.

What platform? Regardless, post in the coop thread (same link above). Come tomorrow I'm sure you'll have tons of loot pals.

And I will be bitterly, bitterly waiting a week

hulot

Uncharted, Demon's Souls, and Steam/GOG deals this month. Can my budget afford another game? Help me.
Command me

ravien56

I think Giant Bombs review was spot on. Also, can anyone give me the pros and cons of each class? I really have no idea what to choose. At this point I'm thinking sprier, but only because it's a female character.

hulot said:
Uncharted, Demon's Souls, and Steam/GOG deals this month. Can my budget afford another game? Help me.
Command me
Find a 4 pack for 33bux on steam its hard to resist it at that price. You'd be a fool to pass it up!

Edit for ps3 question. Sadly no ps3 4 pack.

Top Bottom