• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

methos75

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
He's probably boycotting it because of what Gearbox was able to do with the Unreal Engine making it look a whole lot better than Too Human.

I still love Too Human, but I do want Borderlands

Teknoman said:
:lol I want to use Mouse+Keyboard...but then I just found out 360 wired controllers rumble function works with PC games too...
What we need for PC FPS gaming is a rumbling mouse and keyboard. People have been wanting this for years, but nobody that I can think of has made it real.

Hellsing321 said:
So it looks like you can do Horizontal Split-screen according tot hat feed.

Yeah, thank God, I was gonna feel sorry for you guys. Did GT miss that? They only showed the vertical split screen and said that the menus didn't fit.

netguy503

Darn,

You qouted me before I could edit.

For the new page..

this is a WAY better quality feed of the game for you guys to check out. Seriously, I don't know what HD capture card he is using but the game looks hot on it. Check it out if your interested.

http://www.justin.tv/s1ayer

I'm probably going with the 360 version, glad to see the impressions are positive so far.

What bothers me most about PC games isn't the digital movement controls (although I'll admit I don't like it) but the inconsistent framerates. It seems like most modern games suffer from stuttering whenever lots of action is going on that requires you to either tune down the settings overall or just deal with dropping frames and tearing whenever you actually have anything going on. I just like the consistent design of *most* console games for that reason for high action games.

That and my laptop doesn't output to my TV Properly and about 15% of the picture gets cut off, not to mention the issue of getting sound to my reciever with no optical out, and that wireless on windows vista is awful and constantly stutters when I play any online game.

Man, PC gaming is fun!

Note: i love pc gaming, when it's good. I can only play L4D on PC now.

I grew up on TF2 360 though.. and actually kinda prefer it? (That's what 200 hours of a game with consistent friends will do) So just disregard this if it makes you mad. I'm absolutely nuts.

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, thank God, I was gonna feel sorry for you guys. Did GT miss that? They only showed the vertical split screen and said that the menus didn't fit.
They still don't. :lol

They just fit better than on vertical.

Mr. Snrub said:
I thought there was no choice of split screen type, only auto-split depending on HD or SD televisions.

netguy503

Unregistered007 said:
are people getting banned from xbox live for playing this and forza early ?

midnight releases. It's not early and it's fair game for them to do what they want with their bought copies of the game.

Mr. Snrub said:
How the hell does that work? Forgive my ignorance, PC gamer mostly.
I have the steamed version, but anyway,

Widescreen = Vert
Standard = Hor

I guess they detect it from the machine settings. Maybe you can override, but you bought your HDTV for widescreen.

source? overheard it on one of the streams for X360. I hope I'm wrong.

I think you only get banned if you're not playing a retail copy and don't work at Gearbox.

:lol

I have two people on my friends list with 70k ish gamerscores that just recently sent out "oh i am changing gamertags" messages like no big deal :lol

These were the guys playing EVERYTHING early. Seems they're catching more people now that do that.

ThaiGrocer said:
I have the steamed version, but anyway,

Widescreen = Vert
Standard = Hor

I guess they detect it from the machine settings. Maybe you can override, but you bought your HDTV for widescreen.

source? overheard it on one of the streams for X360. I hope I'm wrong.

So are you saying I can't choose horizontal if I'm on a widescreen tv? There's no option to switch.

IcebergSlim3000 said:
So are you saying I can't choose horizontal if I'm on a widescreen tv? There's no option to switch.
Yes, that's what I heard on a stream while cleaning my room. I very much hope I'm wrong for you console brethren... and sistren. Please do confirm tomorrow!

Artadius

Mercenary guns from the preorder pack require level 3, so yeah they're beginning guns, but you still need to level up a couple of times to use them. They're decent.

You start with two of them probably determined by your class. I started a Brick character and he's got a green shotgun and a white repeater from the pack.

ThaiGrocer said:
Yes, that's what I heard on a stream while cleaning my room. I very much hope I'm wrong for you console brethren... and sistren. Please do confirm tomorrow!
I, and many other people, will throw a shit fit if that's the case.

Teknoman

Victrix said:

Foghorn_Leghorn2.jpg

Boy, I say, boy that's a mighty fine stream there.

poweld

So I just put in about 45 minutes with my roommate. I'd say the only complaint I have right now is that the mobs seems a little spread thin.

Otherwise, I'm excited for some more tomorrow :)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just got through playing a 2 coop for the past 2 hours :lol

really enjoying it, I'm hating I have no bank and I still haven't been able to upgrade my carrying size and I'm lvl 13 or so.

Unicorn

g35twinturbo said:

really enjoying it, I'm hating I have no bank and I still haven't been able to upgrade my carrying size and I'm lvl 13 or so.
13 in 2 hours.... YEESH!

Swag

g35twinturbo said:

13 in 2 hours wut? :lol

I thought in most reviews people were topping off around 34~35 after 22 or so hours? Does the experience hit a real grindy curve towards the later levels?

Unicorn

Sebulon3k said:
13 in 2 hours wut? :lol

I thought in most reviews people were topping off around 34~35 after 22 or so hours? Does the experience hit a real grindy curve towards the later levels?
I sure hope so. So I can at least use a sweet gun for more than 30 seconds.

Eric WK

Couple hours in, level ten. This game is fantastic. It feels a lot like Warcraft questing - round up all of the quests you can find, go to a zone and complete them all, return to town and turn them all in.

The pace of loot upgrades has been just right. I'm not constantly switching out my weapon, but every half hour or so I've found or earned something awesome.

Top Bottom