• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Aptos

I'm enjoying this game solo more and more.

All my buddies I've played with spend an inordinate amount of time sitting in their skill tree menu and vendor windows after every time I fast travel. It was getting on my nerves last night while I was questing between
Rust Commons West, RC East, and New Heaven.
After fast traveling, they would run up to the vendors and I'd have to wait a minute extra each time for them do whatever the hell they were doing, then I'd fast travel again and they'd do the exact same thing!

Co-op definitely slows you down in this game, and I've actually found all my best weapons playing solo. I think I'm gonna keep going solo until 50...

ghostmind

TurtleSnatcher said:
I have a feeling they will be lifting this over all the DLC they release..

Now I'm even more excited for the Zombie DLC.. Looks so good.

Yeah - that Zombie DLC looks hot - can't wait to punch Frankensteins in the face.

Chrange

Banned
grumble said:
What I did was get them both very angry with me so they'd start chasing me. Then I ran them into a nearby bandit camp, where the bandits and the skags started to shoot each other. I sat off to the one side and unloaded clips into the monsters' backsides until they died. I only got hit a couple of times.

But yeah, this game is very level dependent. If I go to an area and shoot people, I'll find that my weapons are doing shit damage, but I level up twice and go back and I'm crushing people with huge damage.

He hee, my combat rifle's doing over 1k a three shot burst, and I'm only level 25!

I was heading back from a mission and had zero ammo left when I hit those two.

I kept using Bloodwing on the fire spewing one, hitting him with my melee attack every so often and running for it around a big rock whenever he'd start the fire attack. Occasionally killing smaller enemies would give me ammo for a few shots, but the majority of damage was done by Bloodwing. Once the fire one died, it gave me enough ammo to kill the other - which did almost no damage to me with it's attack. It took it four or five shots to even get my shield down.

grumble

ghostmind said:
Yeah - that Zombie DLC looks hot - can't wait to punch Frankensteins in the face.

I do kind of hope that they have a more diablo 2 style new game + progression though. I know they have this up to a point, but capping your level half way through the new game + makes continuing kind of pointless.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I have a feeling they will be lifting this over all the DLC they release..

Now I'm even more excited for the Zombie DLC.. Looks so good.

Zombie DLC????

Where??????

EDIT*** Just noticed it's with Dr. Ned.

Well I can't wait to see some screens/vids of this gametype

Blizzard

Banned
wxRes and wxRC are the directories that hold resource files for the Unreal Editor. Mirror's Edge didn't come with them, and we added them by using the Unreal Tournament 3 files. America's Army 3 came with them (I forget if the AA3 editor actually works though)...it seems weird they would include them if the editor is totally disabled, but I still can't imagine they would leave it possible for people to run the editor in a game like this. :)

Philthy

StUnNeR H2K said:
I see some people complaining about ammo drops, but I played 4-player co-op last night with two soldiers in the group and it was never a problem since ammo regens when standing in the turret circle and they both had the artifact that regens ammo just for being in a group with them.

I was playing with 3 soldiers and ammo was a huge issue. Their turrets appeared to heal. If they did regen my ammo, I was going through it faster than they could regen it.

I got the last copy at K-mart (decided to use my gift card and canceled my amazon order). This Kmart is very old (been around since I was knee high) and hardly sees any foot traffic. I was the only customer that I saw in the whole place. I'm suprised they haven't tore it down yet.

Anyways, I can't believe that K-mart sold out 2 days after release. I only go there for clearance games on ocassion and I'm usually either the only person there or I see maybe one other customer tops.

FinKL

lol at the
Leeroy Jenkins 93.4% chance of survival reference from claptrap
saw it in the live stream today. Man, publishers that take pop culture lol's should get extra props. Scribblenauts also comes to mind

Shoogoo said:
Don't show the game to your friends, they may hi-jack your xbox

dammit

Yeah. I had a buddy watching me start my 2nd character.........

he said just the intro video alone hooked him enough to buy the game. LOL:lol

Does the sound drop out for anyone else on the PS3 version> I get sound hitches, and game hitches too. It doesn't sound like everyone is experiencing this stuff. Like, when the birds came out there was all sorts of audio skipping/stutter.

I am using a 1080p TV with surround. I'm not sure if either of these are taxing the performance. The surround might be at fault for the hitching and audio mix issues.

desertdroog said:
Bought this game due to the testimonials here on GAF.

FPS + Loot Whoring + skill trees + char leveling....? And it works? With coop?

Damn..stayed up to 2 am last night playing this. Not something I do during the work week. I think I spend most of my time in the menu looking at weapon comparisons more than playing.

Heh..and I'm only level 7 soldier right now.

This sucks, because I just started Batman AA after Beating Uncharted 2...and Deadspace is still in the shrink wrap because I lost time playing Fallout 3.

You have so many happy moments ahead of you! I wish I could play Batman AA and Dead Space again for the first time. Such excellent single-player experiences.

Loudninja

Class_A_Ninja said:
Does the sound drop out for anyone else on the PS3 version> I get sound hitches, and game hitches too. It doesn't sound like everyone is experiencing this stuff. Like, when the birds came out there was all sorts of audio skipping/stutter.

I am using a 1080p TV with surround. I'm not sure if either of these are taxing the performance. The surround might be at fault for the hitching and audio mix issues.

They already looking into that.

greendublin said:
Nah, the competitive online is too hardcore for my palette. I will play the single-player as I did with COD4 but not in a rush to do so.

Exactly the same for me. One of the reasons I bought Borderlands.

Edit - I am in love with the Revolvers that use Revolver rounds but work almost like a shotgun. They only have a capacity of two but that is all they need. :D

Shoogoo

Anerythristic said:
Exactly the same for me. One of the reasons I bought Borderlands.

Edit - I am in love with the Revolvers that use Revolver rounds but work almost like a shotgun. They only have a capacity of two but that is all they need. :D

I have a shotgun with only 2 rounds that does explosive damage, it's slow as hell to reload but man I love it

Baker

Banned
Shoogoo said:
I have a shotgun with only 2 rounds that does explosive damage, it's slow as hell to reload but man I love it
The third sniper rifle I had only housed three bullets and I hated it. The one I have now is nine. :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Getting this today. :D
For a change of pace, I might get the 360 version but we'll see....
I'll be joining you doods soon either way.

JoeFu

Banned
Found this smg with 4x flame. Sledge went down soo quickly with it. This game is so awesome. Also found a shotgun that shoots rockets :D

AwRy108

grumble said:
I do kind of hope that they have a more diablo 2 style new game + progression though. I know they have this up to a point, but capping your level half way through the new game + makes continuing kind of pointless.

Totally agreed. I'm sure that now Bethesda has set the example, Gearbox will be charging us to raise the level cap... ...and rightfully so, 'cause I've already mentally pre-ordered it. Damn addicting game...

Ohhh yes, on Tuesday I had a 2-man crew for co-op, last night we got a friend to rent it and had a 3-man crew, got another friend who is buying it today and the 4-man crew is complete! Nobody seems to want to be the siren :p but we have one of each class so far which makes ammo issues pretty null.

Shoogoo said:

I got an orange/legendary Sniper Rifle that uses explosive rounds, it's crit makes the enemy completley explode :D:lol

It's reload animation is so slow it's comical, it would be like me in real life trying to change the cartridge.

Deepack said:
My god. The framerate can be downright horrible at times. It really hampers the fun I'm having.

Playing on PS3 here.

People have been talking about framerate issues on PS3 for days. I have only had minor slowdown during 3 or 4 man co-op and none at all during solo play. When do you run into these issues?

Denzar

Anerythristic said:
People have been talking about framerate issues on PS3 for days. I have only had minor slowdown during 3 or 4 man co-op and none at all during solo play. When do you run into these issues?

When playing co-op it seldom runs at a smooth clip. When playing solo it drops when like 4 or more skags are on screen and close to me.

AwRy108

Anerythristic said:
People have been talking about framerate issues on PS3 for days. I have only had minor slowdown during 3 or 4 man co-op and none at all during solo play.

Agreed. I've never had any significant frame drops that have hampered the fun, and this is coming from someone who is used to playing on high-end gaming PC's.

Sometimes I wonder if people are being too picky.

SIDE NOTE: I remember when a friend of mine couldn't see the majesty in Shadow of the Colossus b/c the framerate wasn't steady. *SIGH* Foolish, foolish people.

Denzar

AwRy108 said:
Agreed. I've never had any significant frame drops that have hampered the fun, and this is coming from someone who is used to playing on high-end gaming PC's.

Sometimes I wonder if people are being too picky.

SIDE NOTE: I remember when a friend of mine couldn't see the majesty in Shadow of the Colossus b/c the framerate wasn't steady. *SIGH* Foolish, foolish people.

Trust me dude, I'm rareley bothered by a dropping framerate. I just don't care. But in Borderlands it's been so bad that it hampered me from aiming, shooting and moving, and that's when it gets annoying.

I'm still playing the game (a lot) and enjoying it.

eXistor

I'm really enjoying the game a lot and I honestly can't really think of any major things wrong with it. However this is definitely one game where I feel it could have been more. It's all very adequately done, but I feel no area really excels. Again, not really knocking the game as I love it, but something is missing...somewhere.

Deepack said:
Trust me dude, I'm rareley bothered by a dropping framerate. I just don't care. But in Borderlands it's been so bad that it hampered me from aiming, shooting and moving, and that's when it gets annoying.

Where are you getting these drastic drops?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Are there any tricks to getting into the Multiplayer Game List without your Ps3 freezing up? Seems like half the time, my Ps3 freezes up for 30sec-1min, then it loads with no problem, the other half of the time it freezes up indefinitely. By 'freeze' I mean, the game's music is still playing, but the little annoying ass robot in the back stops beboxing or whatever, and even loading my XMB won't happen (and if it does happen, it's because the 30sec-1min are up and everything is good).

Should I delete my cache and try again? Or is this in the same vein as the friends list issues?

Lebron

Fuck Mad Mel, I wasted nearly 12k on that fucker(kept dying). All to be told the way to kill him without taking damage by my friend, what the hell. :lol

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Great fun using Brick with Rocket Launcher,Shotgun and good Ol' fists.

Baker said:
The third sniper rifle I had only housed three bullets and I hated it. The one I have now is nine. :D

Is that the one you picked up on the way to kill
Nine Toes (Three Balls)
? I realized while I was shooting that 3-round job at him that the rifle was a POS.

The ramp-up speed on this game is pretty brutal. I ventured out of town without a shield early on and was mauled within seconds. I dared attack the boneheads and got slaughtered over and over and over again. At least it's got that going for it... it's not too easy.

AwRy108

Deepack said:

Hmmm, I plan on playing a lot of co-op over the coming weeks, so I'll be on the lookout for this. I sure hope it doesn't happen as drastically to me as it does to you; but seeing as we're both playing on the PS3, I'm a bit nervous.

If I find out that the PS3's framerate ends up being terrible during busy co-op play, I'll be putting mine on ebay and getting the PC version.

Blizzard

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
I'm kind of feeling disapointed i got it for the pc. With everyone already playing it and loving it.
Disappointed because no one will like it for the PC? :p I'll be playing! I can trade you a shiny pistol or something.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Anyone want to get some 4 player 360 action going? I'm level 20.

I will at 6:30 CST.... if you are still around.

I have a level 19 soldier and a level 18 Brick.

Think I am goign to continue with Brick tonight as I need to get him some better guns.

BuddyC said:
Cage the Elephant. "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked."

Werd.

It's actually my ring tone on my phone! LOL

Top Bottom