• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Aptos said:
The guide says that class mod +skills can boost your skills above 5/5, a dev is quoted as saying some people achieved 10/5, lol. However, you need at least 1/5 in a skill to get the +skill bonus.
Thanks for the answer.

Zzoram

On solo it says the difficulty is "normal". Does that mean there are other difficulties? Or does that only change when you play co-op?

Aptos

Loudninja said:
So at level 50 you can still get better guns?
Short answer: yes.

Long Answer: semi-random weapon generation means you could almost always find a slightly better gun.

What I've found really enjoyable is how each weapon manufacturer has different qualities/bonuses that they favor. I'm loving Hyperion's accuracy and low recoil.

Loudninja

Aptos said:
Short answer: yes.

Long Answer: semi-random weapon generation means you could almost always find a slightly better gun.

What I've found really enjoyable is how each weapon manufacturer has different qualities/bonuses that they favor. I'm loving Hyperion's accuracy and low recoil.

Thats great thanks for the answer :)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
K i posted in the online thread but ill double up on here. Me and my buddies only need 1 more guy to go in with us for the Steam 4 pack. Anyone interested?

WEGGLES

Man oh man. Ploughed through this game. Already beat it once. Started 2nd playthru and it's 1000X better. Though, going thru this one cave was one hell of a hassle.

Excellent game though. Loads of fun with buddies.

Insaniac said:
the lag can really make headshotting unbearable, but split screen is great (except for the damn menus)
Well there's the fact that your bullets tend to take longer to reach the target than they should, so you rally have to lead them too.

WEGGLES said:
Man oh man. Ploughed through this game. Already beat it once. Started 2nd playthru and it's 1000X better. Though, going thru this one cave was one hell of a hassle.

How long was your first play through?

bathala

Banned
finally got the game.

claptrap can be annoying. saying the same thing over and over. look at I'm dancing AUGH!

the vehicle controls take time to get used to. trying to fishtail it like a warthog.

died couple times fighting 3 lvls above me. I like the challenge. so far, I'm enjoying it.

Aptos

Firestorm said:
So for those who have played Lilith, does her skill that increases fire rate increase the rate you melee at?

Not 100% sure, but I don't think so, I don't think there is any modifier for melee speed.

WEGGLES said:

What lvl were you when you beat it the first time?

Blizzard

Banned
I doubt the phase strike thing will be fixed by the 26th since people are already downloading the game and they'd have to have another patch ready for people to download, but who knows.

According to http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/status/5073405343 they won' tbe unlocking any PC versions after all, despite broken street dates. 92% complete preloading anyway...hopefully Gearbox shows us good PC support and fixes bugs that may crop up quickly. :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Got 4 people to go in for the four pack. :D Borderlands for $33.74? Sold. Hopefully Gearbox gives the game its utmost support for a long time. I would say it is in their best interests to do so. Dropping support after some time will have people doubting the company in the future.

Dilemma. I just finished writing an essay, and it's 4 o'clock. I have to get up at 8:30 for class. Not sure if I should stay up and play Borderlands or just take the 4 hours of sleep. Tough call indeed. I feel like I'll probably feel more tired with only 4 hours sleep than I would with none at all.

Blizzard

Banned
100% preloaded. And looking through those directories...SO many resource files etc. from the Unreal Editor, left in there. I'm going to be heartbroken when it unlocks and I find out they actually did lock people out from running it. ;_;

Magnus_Bulla said:
Dilemma. I just finished writing an essay, and it's 4 o'clock. I have to get up at 8:30 for class. Not sure if I should stay up and play Borderlands or just take the 4 hours of sleep. Tough call indeed. I feel like I'll probably feel more tired with only 4 hours sleep than I would with none at all.

Keep telling yourself that.

I'm the same way

Speevy

Banned
Magnus_Bulla said:

Do whatever you like, but make sure you don't do something stupid like fail to proofread your essay.

Firestorm

Magnus_Bulla said:
Er, 4 hours is better than none. You will not believe how bad no sleep is compared to even 1 hour.

Insaniac said:
okay i can't find the last piece of lucky's revolver the barrel it's driving me nuts
That part was annoying, but they're all right there, a couple of them are really hard to see.

I absolutely hated that
Mad Mel
fight, but I was doing it solo. I think that's one part where you really need somebody else manning the gun.

Alex

Why dont they just unlock the game? I dont see what theyre acomplishing by not. They gotta have a reason.

Sucks that some people dropped the cash on the game and its a coaster till the 26th

Blizzard

Banned
Alex said:
Why dont they just unlock the game? I dont see what theyre acomplishing by not. They gotta have a reason.

Sucks that some people dropped the cash on the game and its a coaster till the 26th
Say hello to every preorder ever, and anyone who has preloaded a Steam game. :p I don't really see what they get by waiting either (since I'd LOVE to play this weekend), but I guess the bad side is that there could be some sort of PC server etc. issues...and if they release due to popular demand before it's ready, then it could get tons of complaints and people would say they should have made sure it was working before releasing it, etc.

Alex

Blizzard said:
Say hello to every preorder ever, and anyone who has preloaded a Steam game. :p

I know, but it always confuses me. I never understand any of this video game industry shit.

Anyhow. If anyone else needs in on a 4 pack, we just need one guy.

Takuhi

God's Beard said:
What does a Skag egg do? I picked one up, but it's not in my inventory or anything.

Skag Eggs are just money, I think. They're like the Marcus Bobbleheads, but worth a lot more.

Sephon

I think I'm going insane. Since I live in Europe the game is released today, but my order is still processing. So I can't tell if I'll have it today or not (it's been saying "processing" for the last 3 days)

So now I'm wondering if I should run to the store and pick it up (if there's any left) and then sit there with two goddamn copies... and try to get rid of one to some sucker ;)

Blizzard said:
I doubt the phase strike thing will be fixed by the 26th since people are already downloading the game and they'd have to have another patch ready for people to download, but who knows.

According to http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/status/5073405343 they won' tbe unlocking any PC versions after all, despite broken street dates. 92% complete preloading anyway...hopefully Gearbox shows us good PC support and fixes bugs that may crop up quickly. :)

Uhh.. way to fail? That was posted 15 hrs ago.. The community managers at Take 2 and Gearbox posted they were looking into all the stuff this afternoon like 8 hrs ago.. So yea they are checking into it. They just posted at midnight saying nothing this evening yet but will keep us informed early tomorrow morning

Anyways..

Got my Hunter to lvl 18.. This game is kinda hard.. Ive only played Solo for now mainly because I don't want to be rushed with others in co-op and want to do every little bit before moving on. I'm a freak like that. I've died a ton. Sniper Rifles seem pretty shitty.. Yea they are great at a range to get those headshots and stuff but man they don't seem to push a ton of dmg.

Oddly enough my preferred weapons are a lvl 5 (Yes 13 lvls ago) fire pistol (not the one from Nine Toes). It seems to freaking rip through Skags and guys really well and shoots hella fast.

My other weapon is an exploding shotgun :) Its so awesome.. 7 shells and they all explode.. Great against close quarter skag fights.

So far my toughest battles have been the
2 Skag Brothers (Fire and Thunder one)
I forgot their names.. I died a ton of times and couldn't split em up so I just fought both at the same time running back and forth in a long pathway lol... and the
big psycho steroid thing to get the Mine Key
He was tough because he threw bombs and it chain reacted the barrels all over the place which nearly destroyed me. I haven't gotten farther then that. It took me 30 mins to get through that area to get to him..

Then again.. I never play FPS games (This may be one of my first or so that I really put more then a few hrs in on a console). It probably has to do with my horrible aim but.. I'm still having a blast which is impressive since I never get into FPS games.

EDIT: Oh and my hawk is fucking awesome now. He has fire abilities thanks to that item I got which added an elemental property to him.. He is hitting for like 1.5k now.

Blizzard

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Uhh.. way to fail? That was posted 15 hrs ago.. The community managers at Take 2 and Gearbox posted they were looking into all the stuff this afternoon like 8 hrs ago.. So yea they are checking into it. They just posted at midnight saying nothing this evening yet but will keep us informed early tomorrow morning
I meant no offense. I didn't realize that one post was 15 hours ago, thanks for pointing that out. I just don't imagine a large scale CLIENT SIDE PC patch would happen in a 2-4 day period over a weekend, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. I say client side because I'm guessing changing how phase walk works and does damage would involve changing code in the game itself, and I don't know how easy or cheap it is for people to do quick/regular Steam updates. Obviously Valve does them a lot with TF2, but since they're Valve they get them for free I imagine. :p

bjaelke

TurtleSnatcher: Get a shotgun for close combat. I found one with the red text "Ride the wave". It shots out several plasma(?) waves making it good against 2 or more enemies. That way you can run backwards while shooting those Skag bastards.

bjaelke said:
TurtleSnatcher: Get a shotgun for close combat. I found one with the red text "Ride the wave". It shots out several plasma(?) waves making it good against 2 or more enemies. That way you can run backwards while shooting those Skag bastards.

I have a shotgun..

It uses exploding ammo and causes small explosions like gernades.. much better then weapons like TD's Wave and stuff I personally think.

I want an acid gun :( Those I bet would be awesome.

Xevren

Yea corrosive weapons are the shit :p

I can't ever seem to find a shotgun with decent stats and elements attached though, found an awesome SMG though with high attack and 4x explosive on it which is pretty insane.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man reading this is torture...

b3pwkg.jpg

It taunnttssss meeeeee.

Blizzard

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
I keep restarting steam in hopes that it'll be released early or something =/
I...I did that once like 10 minutes ago. :lol

Here's what we have to look forward to though. GearBox will decide at 4:30 p.m. (ValveTime) that they will turn on the retail SecuROM activation server. They'll send an email to Valve telling THEM to activate it, but since it's a Friday afternoon Valve will have all gone out for the night, and only the retail people will be able to play over the weekend. It'll be marrrrvelous. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gah, hopefully Amazon does release date shipping.

At least you guys will save me all your low level awesome guns right? :lol

Top Bottom