• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

poweld

TurtleSnatcher said:
Uhh.. thats what I said.. hence my last line.. "It only takes 1 piece of ammo" as opposed to the x4 that most people would assume
I wasn't saying you were wrong, I just wasn't sure which conclusion you came to, so I thought I'd explain in my own words and see if we agreed. We do!

Anerythristic said:
What? I don't remember how to spell it.
I'm not sure... you spelled it correctly. Not like you pulled a 'lysdexia'.

TheFallen

elrechazao said:
I'm wondering if that multiplies my gun crazy skill (chance to fire two shots). Probably not, since it's not a "chance to fire double the amount of shots". But that would be awesome if my 7 shot pistol actually had a chance to shoot 14 shots :D

The thing I wonder is, how would a new player know what this means. It doesn't explain in game or in the manual.
It is a factor in gun crazy, definitely. I will try to explain it the best I can. Ie.

Take this weapon for example:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Frostywolf1/BL3.jpg

This revolver has 2 shots per clip. However, it does 117 damage x7. That means every shot your bullet will shatter into 7 and if all hit the target, it will do 117x7 = 819 damage (varies by accuracy and damage from weapon proficiency). With the Gun Crazy skill, you have a chance to shoot a second bullet at the same time. This essentially is doubling the damage of the first shot (1,638). So that means the revolver can (if you're lucky), 2 shots for 1,638 each.

I'm not 100% positive on this part, but the -damage part is already factored into the damage number itself on the item card.

TheFallen said:
This isn't like Oblivion at all. You need to think of this more like World of Warcraft or a similar MMO. You're in a zone (Arid Badlands) right now and all of the missions are catered to your level range 1-20. In the Arid Badlands there are dungeons (Skag Gulley, the Mine, etc). Once you've done all the plot missions in the Arid Badlands zone, you will be leaving to another zone. This will continue till the end of the game.

It's actually bigger than Oblivion when you consider all the different zones and dungeons. Rust Commons East and West are pretty massive on their own.

Thanks that really put it into perspective for me.

Also what is the order of rarity/color?

poweld

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Thanks that really put it into perspective for me.

Also what is the order of rarity/color?
Really? This was answered many times, including just a few dozen posts ago. This is the worst thread for repeated questions..

Played the shit out of this last night. Loved the production values and the presentation.

One thing: the PS3 version seems pretty glitchy. Jerky frame-rate at times, and yes, fucking screen-tearing on occasion. Fix this shit Pitchford!

TheFallen said:
If someone is a loot whore, please mention them in the Borderlands co-op thread so we can remove them from the list. That's kind of the point. You're supposed to play with GAFers so you don't get stuck with PUGs who are dicks.

The player I was speaking of was NightHawk17 I played for an hour and a half with him and some other person and they did indeed loot like shit IMO. I would be willing to read an explanation.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I got the game, and got up to lvl 7, enjoying myself slowly.

Taking in the atmosphere, and searching for trinkets, so if anyone needs a healer on their team you got me, will be on by 6pm EST today, will be playing throught the weekend

I got 1 orange Pistol, its shoots in bursts, 24 bullet capacity, but the amazing thing about it is the mod that reads 'it burns flesh".

Holy hell, it is awesome, 5-6 bullets connect on an fleshy enemy, they flame up ike the human torch, and start losing HP points quickly, I see 1 1 1 1 1 1 all over the place.

It's a keeper, saved my ass too many times in skag alley, when they team up

Gonna play Soldier almost RDM style from FFXI, be a very good healer/team medic, and an ok killer, but have my skill points to help out the team in the long run.

Quick ?

I'm up to Bonehead mission, and I'm stuck as a lvl 7, I have a sniper orange that does 93 damage, but I Crit headshot bone 3 times in a row, and he loses all his shield energy, but his health never depletes, am I doing something wrong?

Im on the PS3 btw, PSN: GraveRobberX, if someone wants to start a new group, I can re-roll

grumble

GraveRobberX said:

Taking in the atmosphere, and searching for trinkets, so if anyone needs a healer on their team you got me, will be on by 6pm EST today, will be playing throught the weekend

I got 1 orange Pistol, its shoots in bursts, 24 bullet capacity, but the amazing thing about it is the mod that reads 'it burns flesh".

Holy hell, it is awesome, 5-6 bullets connect on an fleshy enemy, they flame up ike the human torch, and start losing HP points quickly, I see 1 1 1 1 1 1 all over the place.

Gonna play Soldier almost RDM style from FFXI, be a very good healer/team medic, and an ok killer, but have my skill points to help out the team in the long run.

Quick ?

I'm up to Bonehead mission, and I'm stuck as a lvl 7, I have a sniper orange that does 93 damage, but I Crit headshot bone 3 times in a row, and he loses all his shield energy, but his health never depletes, am I doing something wrong?

Im on the PS3 btw, PSN: GraveRobberX, if someone wants to start a new group, I can re-roll

you have two orange guns already at level 7?!

you're good luck, I'll play with you (or anyone else, add me to whatever list there is). PSN: gordonrumble

I'll reroll as whatever non-soldier character anyone feels like. I've already got a soldier to level 30. Maybe a siren or a hunter?

Olivero said:
Borderlands is quickly becoming my game of the year. Can't wait to see what they do with DLC.
Zombies!

60294.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95535-First-Borderlands-DLC-Expansion-Detailed

GraveRobberX said:

Quick ?

Your confusing your colors..

That pistol isn't an orange .. I believe you have the one that drops from Nine Toes - That one has orange text in the description but the name of the gun has to be orange.. and glow orange when thrown on the ground..

I think you have a blue.. Its called "The Clipper" right?

TheFallen

Anerythristic said:
The player I was speaking of was NightHawk17 I played for an hour and a half with him and some other person and they did indeed loot like shit IMO. I would be willing to read an explanation.
Copy this over to the co-op thread in the online forum. If no explanation is made, we can just toss him from the list.

poweld

TurtleSnatcher said:
Your confusing your colors..

That pistol isn't an orange .. I believe you have the one that drops from Nine Toes - That one has orange text in the description but the name of the gun has to be orange.. and glow orange when thrown on the ground..

I think you have a blue.. Its called "The Clipper" right?
I see another way he could be confused: the color of the gun. Clipper IS orange in color. The color of the weapon itself is irrelevant.

When determining loot rarity, we're talking about the color of the NAME of the gun.

GraveRobberX

I'll play with ya grumble, I work for a medical billing/software company, so weekdays are shit to me, get home by 7-7:30 est and get only 2-3 hours of playtime, but weekends is when I do most of my playtime

One thing is, you have to be a little adventurous, it got me those guns

I learned a good lesson also, if your back pack is almost full, dont open any big crates especially the greem ammo 1's or the red weapons one,

Go back sell off everything, then open, because I sacrificed an awesome shotty with my bonhead play
I opened a red weapons crate, got full, ran to sell off the old guns, came back, box was empty...womp womp

The MMO side of me wants a little more details added into the game, hopefully Borderlands 2 can add that in.

Hoping for synths/crafting in B2, have enemies drop furs/tusks/skins and make your uber weapons more uber =D, hopefully add extra mods to your weapons and other shits

God this game + demons souls is killing all my playing time, god damn it feels good to hav good games in my PS3, and will be playing them non-stop.

GraveRobberX

poweld said:
I see another way he could be confused: the color of the gun. Clipper IS orange in color. The color of the weapon itself is irrelevant.

When determining loot rarity, we're talking about the color of the NAME of the gun.

Oh that's how it is, damn I'm sorry, I misunderstood then, my bad

I was like woo-hoo, got me some rares :D, oh wells, I'm still enjoying the shit out of the game

Thanks for correcting me, will be looking at this game with a new sense now

1 thing this game does right is the great feeling you get when you 1 shot a baddie and blow his skull off with a shotty, close range, with the word Crit! in red poping up, and the blood splatter going everywhere

GraveRobberX said:

I was like woo-hoo, got me some rares :D, oh wells, I'm still enjoying the shit out of the game

1 thing this game does right is the great feeling you get when you 1 shot a baddie and blow his skull off with a shotty, close range, with the word Crit! in red poping up, and the blood splatter going everywhere

The weapons also feel heavy and have great feedback. The screams when they are burning or being electrocuted rocks.

I think the best death though has to be electrictiy when the flesh melts off their face and only their skull is exposed and pops off.. :lol

TheFallen said:
Just make sure to play with friends or GAF groups. Most of the GAF groups I've put together have been excellent. A lot of people on the list don't want to play co-op though, which is silly, you guys shouldn't have added yourselves.
I've turned down a few requests because I was already in a full party. :/

Anyone have tips for putting together a versatile co-op build for a Soldier? I just hit lvl 16 and already maxed out First Aid and Cauterize. I was thinking of doing a few skills on the Infantry tree next to unlock Refire sooner or later. Gotta reduce that cooldown timer on my turret. Any suggestions? Impact? Sentry?

poweld

GraveRobberX said:

No worries, man. The Clipper is badass early on! I have yet to find an orange item yet myself, at level 27. Blues are pretty common, but purples are fairly rare- only had a handful drop for me.

TurtleSnatcher said:
The weapons also feel heavy and have great feedback. The screams when they are burning or being electrocuted rocks.

I think the best death though has to be electrictiy when the flesh melts off their face and only their skull is exposed and pops off.. :lol
A-GREED

I just unlocked the ability to equip a third weapon. The menu says its assigned to left on the d-pad but I can only switch to it when I press right.

Wallach

Jamesfrom818 said:
I just unlocked the ability to equip a third weapon. The menu says its assigned to left on the d-pad but I can only switch to it when I press right.

Yeah, it's a known bug. It doesn't always occur, I've personally never seen it happen. I'm not sure if there's a workaround for it, maybe look through the Gearbox forums?

Deunnero

Dunlop said:
yeah but in Canada, I think stores are holding back stock until the Walmart special ends

FutureShop and BestBuy have been matching, and issuing rainchecks for it at $39.96.

Indrew said:
Phone the microplay on Merivale Rd. I got it two days ago there and they had a few copies left. Every EB I phoned was sold out, along with futureshop and bestbuy.

Thanks, but I got my gf to go to WalMart on launch day ... she got copy #9 of 100 apparently.

I have a friend who decided (after reading "real" reviews from folks on various boards) to get the game ... late. And now he's pissed he can't co-op this weekend ... what a fool.

K' Dash

GraveRobberX said:

I tried to do Bonehead when I was level 8 and my friend and I got creamed, went to do a couple of missions returned at level 11 and kicked his sorry ass.

Wallach

K' Dash said:
I tried to do Bonehead when I was level 8 and my friend and I got creamed, went to do a couple of missions returned at level 11 and kicked his sorry ass.

Levels make a huge difference in this game. You really don't often want to mess with enemies 3+ above your own level most of the time. If it's a named enemy (or a Badass variant) just get the hell out and save your ammo, because you're probably in the wrong area.

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Well of anyone hasn't decided yet or is still on the fence... I have some impressions. I finally received mine yesterday and spent the better part of 8 hours ignoring my wife... Started a soldier for solo play. I haven’t played much multiplayer, but you get a very strong vibe that’s it’s the games intention to have multiple people playing , and in certain areas its more apparent than others. Without the scorpio turret my death count would have escalated dramatically...

The Good:

The guns [obviously]. My god the loot piñata effect is glorious. Finding colored weapons is amazing. Technically all the weapons are different. But in a way they are all very similar. I have been through 15 different fire elemental SMG’s, that all did roughly the same damage, had varying clip sizes [also fairly similar], and varying degrees of melee damage, which is nice because you can tailor which one you carry to your character [I opted for the %100 increase in melee damage, which luckily had a scope as well]. The trade off factor is really good [thank god for pause], “do I want increased clip size lower damage? Higher damage, no scope? Higher melee, but two shot clip?” Everything is a tradeoff. There is a lot of pausing, checking out the gun you just picked up, trying to figure out if you need the extra 3 damage, emptying out inventory of lower priced guns to accommodate. And its maddening to find a spectacular weapon to realize it fires two shots before needing a reload. The proficiencies is also another amazing feature, and another tactical decision making game pauser, “do I use my Proficiency 4 SMG and wipe shit out, or do I try to use a proficiency 1 sniper to try and level it up?”. All in all, this combination is very compelling, and may make or break certain fights, either way [in solo] you will be pausing and spending a lot of time in your inventory screen.

Grenades It’s not a shooter without grenades. And they are fun. So far I’ve found roughly 4 types, and unfortunately the vending machine has been offering the same one over and over. Currently equipped are the transfusion [which I have also looted the most of, actually seems to be all that drops anymore]. Great in a bind, and probably the only one you can throw at your feet and not get hurt from. But overall grenades are very situational, and another tactical decision to make before a fight.

Other Equipment Shield are done well. The variety is solid. And again this is another tactical decision. I opted for the health recovery, freeing up inventory space from carrying health. But this is another way to build a character towards your strengths and play type. Artifacts, basically add elemental damage to abilities, but are nice to find, and may just help you edge out a fight or two, I tend to lean towards fire cause its hilarious. Haven't found any class mods yet.

Its challenging if you're up for it you can take on enemies two levels above you if you dare, they obviously hit harder, and are more accurate, but definitely give you a greater sense of accomplishment [and they take longer to kill]. But in the same respects, if you keep everything at level it doesn't necessarily feel too easy. Anything below that you can basically just run in and stand in the center and destroy everyone before your shield depletes. Rinse, repeat.

Quests Are pretty funny if you pay attention to the text/speeches and don't just follow the markers. They do a really good job at leading you to places you might not otherwise have ventured, which ultimately leads to some pretty hairy situations [duel badass fire skags two levels above me, yes please?!], and of course piles of loot. They definitely fall in line with the RPG gather/kill/errand quests. But has a decent enough mix of boss/mini-boss fights and quests to unlock certain features to stay just beyond boring. The claptrap missions are clever, and I find myself scouring for those little blue bastards everywhere I go, and the bigger backpack comes in handy.

The audio/Vice acting pretty solid all around, sets the pacing for the fights, adds just enough comic relief without being annoying, and seems appropriate given the setting. [my favorite line: "Critical Bitch!"]. With that said, some of the characters seem to have only one dialog option past a certain point, at least TK says the same thing every time I go by his place, and apparently I smell like a skag.

The Shooting This is more both good and bad. The shooting feels a lot like call of duty [also the running, only with infinite stamina]. The guns shoot like I would think they should. Accuracy from range is appropriate per weapon type. Stability and kick feel solid. But I’m definitely feeling like some shots just plain don’t register. I’m trained on a bandits forehead, torso, leg whatever, pull the trigger… nothing… but now they’re shooting back. This doesn’t happen all the time, but its frequent enough to be an annoyance, and it doesn’t happen at closer range. My thought is maybe there is some kind of math for bullet travel we just aren’t aware of. The little touches are nice, like the depth of field when using iron sights.

Skill points Its funny but for an RPG hybrid, I find myself fighting so intensely that I forget to spend my points. The skills aren’t bad, and the effects can definitely be felt during long fights. But a lot of the really intriguing skills are geared towards co-operative play [not all, but group play is where the benefit can be more greatly felt].

The Bad

The vehicles Really turned out to be a disappointment. They drive like a cross between a warthog and the ever-popular Mako from Mass Effect [in that you can bounce down a mountain and somehow land on your wheels, although I have managed to get it stuck in a couple places, and having to run all the way back to town. So far, I haven't really found a good reason to get in a vehicle besides getting from point a to point b faster. "Assaulting" a camp feels lack luster as the machine gun feels worthless and the rocket launcher isn't much better [8 shots to take out a level 15], running people over is fun the first couple of times till you realize you're only getting 1xp, so I find myself often jumping out just to gun some guys down the hopping back in. pretty sure they stripped the “10,000 vehicle parts in the game” before launch, or if it is in there, you can’t tell at all.

The AI I know this has been a big complaint. And although not as rampant as I thought, it can be a problem. Sitting just out of agro range and picking off badass skags, just shouldn’t be possible. I’ve had bandits blow themselves up with poorly place grenades. Somehow certain bandits can see me through rocks and arc axes [or whatever they throw] over them to hit me in the head. The skag fights become predictable, turning into a dance of jumping characters, skags and dead bodies… but on the other hand, some AI just seems godly at my level, snipers in particular. All in all, it’s a wild roller coaster from fast aggressive psychos, and midgets wielding shotguns, to impossible shield depleting sniper shots, to a camp of guys stuck on rocks and ramps. This is also greatly disappointing if it happens during a boss fight, which feels cheap, but I'll take the loot anyway i can get it.

Conclusion

Solo play is lonely. My recommendation, if you’re going to play solo, rent it, when the DLC comes out, rent it again, or get it on the cheap. For multiplayer [even if you just have 1 friend to co-op with], buy it. Either way, if you enjoy loot, and all the character planning that comes with it, you won’t be disappointed. Even as a stand alone shooter this would be a solid game, so the addition of RPG elements is just icing on the proverbial cake.

Edit: forgot the art style, its pretty amazing in motion.

I need a new SMG for my Siren. I've been using the same one since level 5 or something and I'm level 16 now. I hate using the iron sights on it but I'm loving the fire effect. I think thats the only reason its still somewhat effective against level 14 enemies.

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like no one posted this yet, so have some expected news, PC gamers:

Gearbox forums said:
Hey guys,

Yesterday we learned that a fraction of the PC copies of Borderlands were accidentally sold to consumers in some countries but that gamers could not activate their copies yet. Since we learned of this problem, we have been looking into the issue to find the best possible solution for everyone.

I'm going to be completely honest with you guys right now. It is not possible for us to move the planned release date of the game forward. We could not possibly get the games into stores worldwide and out for digital distribution any earlier than planned. Less than 1% of all copies were sold, and if we unlocked the game today, illegal versions would most likely appear on torrents by the evening. I am sure all of you want our PC launch to be as successful as possible, and we simply won't be able to manage that any earlier than already planned.

I want to apologize for those of you who have gotten the game ahead of our release date, and ask for your patience and understanding. The game will be ready in the US and Canada at midnight eastern standard time on Monday, October 26th, and internationally by Friday, October 30th.

-Elizabeth
The one thing I don't yet know is whether midnight EST means after SUNDAY night (isn't midnight then technically Monday?), or midnight Monday night (which would suck since I'd have to play midweek). Also Steam claims it will unlock at like 3 p.m. EST on Monday, which would be either before or after the time mentioned above.

On the plus side, Borderlands PC on Steam looks like it's outselling Left 4 Dead 2, at least at the moment.

Question: Is there a way to stop the game automatically switching to (and hotspot assigning) new weapons that you pick up? It's getting a tiny bit annoying when I've got my flamey SMG going and they suddenly decide that, because I hastily jabbed X in the middle of a fight, I would rather use an old sniper rifle in this close-range battle.

K' Dash

Wallach said:
Levels make a huge difference in this game. You really don't often want to mess with enemies 3+ above your own level most of the time. If it's a named enemy (or a Badass variant) just get the hell out and save your ammo, because you're probably in the wrong area.

Yeah I learned that the hard way, but there's always mission on levels =< than yours, do some grinding and pass the upper level missions.

whatevermort said:
Question: Is there a way to stop the game automatically switching to (and hotspot assigning) new weapons that you pick up? It's getting a tiny bit annoying when I've got my flamey SMG going and they suddenly decide that, because I hastily jabbed X in the middle of a fight, I would rather use an old sniper rifle in this close-range battle.

I think you have to just TAP X (360) to pick up the weapon and HOLD X to replace the one you're using, seems to work for me everytime.

Raide

Just got my first low level purple and the addiction to Borderlands has only just begun. I just love this damn game. Had a 2 player split co-op earlier and the computer was throwing some Badass Skags at us at lvl 8. :lol

Sooo Awesome.

Raide said:
Just got my first low level purple and the addiction to Borderlands has only just begun. I just love this damn game. Had a 2 player split co-op earlier and the computer was throwing some Badass Skags at us at lvl 8. :lol

Sooo Awesome.
The elemental bad ass ones are crazy.. they have nova attacks depending on their element and they hurt like all heck.

K' Dash

Raide said:

Sooo Awesome.

I got a purple SMG, but the weapons I had equiped were better so I sold it, what is the importance of rarity?, I can't keep'em cause they use precious space on my backpack that can be used for stronger weapons, I suppose that if they really are important or can be tuned I can buy them back, if not, I don't see the point...

K' Dash said:
I got a purple SMG, but the weapons I had equiped were better so I sold it, what is the importance of rarity?, I can't keep'em cause they use precious space on my backpack that can be used for stronger weapons, I suppose that if they really are important or can be tuned I can buy them back, if not, I don't see the point...
Rare weapons normally have more affects or better mods attached to them. Sometimes they are weaker but may have better advantages elsewehre.. Not always is a rarer weapon better then something you may find specially when you find something later on with a higher lvl req.

Philthy

Originally Posted by Gearbox forums said:
Hey guys,

Yesterday we learned that a fraction of the PC copies of Borderlands were accidentally sold to consumers in some countries but that gamers could not activate their copies yet. Since we learned of this problem, we have been looking into the issue to find the best possible solution for everyone.

I'm going to be completely honest with you guys right now. It is not possible for us to move the planned release date of the game forward. We could not possibly get the games into stores worldwide and out for digital distribution any earlier than planned. Less than 1% of all copies were sold, and if we unlocked the game today, illegal versions would most likely appear on torrents by the evening. I am sure all of you want our PC launch to be as successful as possible, and we simply won't be able to manage that any earlier than already planned.

I want to apologize for those of you who have gotten the game ahead of our release date, and ask for your patience and understanding. The game will be ready in the US and Canada at midnight eastern standard time on Monday, October 26th, and internationally by Friday, October 30th.

-Elizabeth

Randy Pitchford at Gearbox in interview at MPC said:
Then there’s the DRM issue, which makes us even more skeptical of retail sales. DRM has been handled terribly for so many years. For example, false negatives are a disaster for everyone. I’d much rather have a false positive, and allow thieves to play, than prevent a paying customer from playing my game. The industry has destroyed a lot of good will with DRM problems.

Nice one.

One thing about looting, if I was playing with a random GAFfer, I would probably grab most guns I see, then sort it all out when we return to the town afterwards. Although I would probably say something like "Oh shiny sniper rifle here!" when I found something.

And why the hell do I have to bother picking up monies, should be auto collect. Should be an option for the same on ammo too.

Blizzard

Banned
I just realized, consoles have an advantage in one respect. :( You can't use splitscreen to make easy mule characters to hold extra items on PC, unless someone figures out how to enable splitscreen on the PC like kinda happened with Left 4 Dead.

Philthy said:
Nice one.
To be fair, this isn't a false positive, and Steam is locking everyone out regardless. :p It's more an issue of "Hey you signed up to play the game on X release date, and we require online activation." I will be amused if it stops it from being pirated until Monday though.

*edit* Also, glancing at the Steam forum (always a good source for idiotic comments), people are complaining that the SecuROM stuff doesn't have a CD key in the box, so everyone will be pirating and playing it online with no dedicated servers and CD key checks etc.

Of course, there is also a quote on the Steam forum saying that there's a hidden electronic CD key used for activation etc. At any rate, I'm just glad if they're not using super-restrictive DRM, and glad if it works on Steam. If I had the retail version at least I could potentially look through the resource etc. files though. :(

ahimothZero

Neo Member
PedroLumpy said:
And why the hell do I have to bother picking up monies, should be auto collect. Should be an option for the same on ammo too.

That's actually a really good point... especially cause even in multiplayer its split... so its not like we would ever leave it lying on the ground...

RS4-

Found my first alien gun and triple rocket launcher!

549 dmg + x4 incendiary launcher
or
269 x3 + 77% fire rate launcher

GAF, help me decide :lol

edit - btw, I have that "and they'll be two friends gamed with fame" achievement if anyone is looking for it.

K' Dash

TurtleSnatcher said:
Rare weapons normally have more affects or better mods attached to them. Sometimes they are weaker but may have better advantages elsewehre.. Not always is a rarer weapon better then something you may find specially when you find something later on with a higher lvl req.

Oh, ok, the only rare that I've used was a pistol (Orange) that shots fire bullets, very powerful and I found it jus about 1 hour after beginning the game :D after that I've found some very weak purple...

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Philthy said:
Nice one.

I don't think he's being hypocritical - I'm sure he would be more lenient if he could. But 2K and the retail stores would flip if they unlocked the downloaded copies before the street date. Can't say that I blame them.

K' Dash said:
Oh, ok, the only rare that I've used was a pistol (Orange) that shots fire bullets, very powerful and I found it jus about 1 hour after beginning the game :D after that I've found some very weak purple...
That pistol is blue not orange.. Look at the color of the font on the weapon name.. those are the color classes.. not the actual color of the pistol. Also it being a boss drop item and from his drop tables - its probably why its a bit more powerful then a random purple.

I'm at level 18 Hunter now... the game is starting to feel monotonous - especially the sidequests - but I can't put it down, I dunno.

The bird seems pretty useless except for helping take down badasses, but even then it's a crap shoot about which enemy it decides to go after. Recharge rate on it is too slow even fully upgraded. Most of the time I forget to even use it.

I'm not sure I'll have the attention span to get platinum on this one. Overall I don't think I'd be completely thrilled if I had spent MSRP of $70+tax on it, but for the $40 I'm happy enough.

I still haven't tried playing co-op or anything. I feel like getting as far into the campaign as my sanity will allow before bothering for some reason.

I am also hating the lack of a storage locker/home space like FO3 had to stash all of my junk... I hate selling/dropping all of my collectors items. Any loot game needs an infinite stash space...

Also - the game needs to give better feedback about sniper rifle range. I hate having something in my crosshairs and then it simply doesn't reach until I take a few steps forward or something. Sniper rifle seems only good to get a few pot shots off before things just rush you and then back to the shotgun. Even high powered pistols seem kind of useless at this point in the game compared to just using a shotgun. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Bonus bitch: Enemy AI in the game seems completely retarded after coming directly from Uncharted 2.

EekTheKat

Picked up a gun last night that literally melts faces :lol It's a
alien
shotgun that apparently
shoots energy pellets that seemingly randomly procs a bolt of lightning that would melt off the face of the target. Infinite ammo but it can only shoot 3x (at a low weapon skill) before having to recharge.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I'm at level 18 Hunter now... the game is starting to feel monotonous - especially the sidequests - but I can't put it down, I dunno.

The bird seems pretty useless except for helping take down badasses, but even then it's a crap shoot about which enemy it decides to go after. Recharge rate on it is too slow even fully upgraded. Most of the time I forget to even use it.

I'm not sure I'll have the attention span to get platinum on this one. Overall I don't think I'd be completely thrilled if I had spent MSRP of $70+tax on it, but for the $40 I'm happy enough.

I still haven't tried playing co-op or anything. I feel like getting as far into the campaign as my sanity will allow before bothering for some reason.

I am also hating the lack of a storage locker/home space like FO3 had to stash all of my junk... I hate selling/dropping all of my collectors items. Any loot game needs an infinite stash space...

Also - the game needs to give better feedback about sniper rifle range. I hate having something in my crosshairs and then it simply doesn't reach until I take a few steps forward or something. Sniper rifle seems only good to get a few pot shots off before things just rush you and then back to the shotgun. Even high powered pistols seem kind of useless at this point in the game compared to just using a shotgun. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

The last talent skill on the bloodhawk allows for it to hit many targets on each throw out.. It becomes insanely good later on with its ability to deal single target dmg and heal you with each hit.. while hitting multiple times each send out.

Top Bottom