• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Blizzard

Banned
LQX said:
Will Steam version of Borderlands also use the Securerom DRM?
Nope, only Steam DRM. And the retail version only uses it for online activation with no install limits I -think-. There may also be some sort of hidden CD key...dunno about diskless play.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Borderlands, so far, is everything I was hoping Fallout 3 would be. Sometimes I stop using my guns because I think I'm using their lifespan up like in F3. :lol

It's not incredibly exciting, yet I can't wait to play more. I'm only in the first three hours and I hear it picks up big time, so I'm psyched. :D

LQX

Blizzard said:
Nope, only Steam DRM. And the retail version only uses it for online activation with no install limits I -think-. There may also be some sort of hidden CD key...dunno about diskless play.
Thanks.

Alex

I said it last page, I'll drop it again in case anyone is interested: we need one more person for our four pack on Steam. If anyone is a last minute-er like us, drop me a PM.

Oh my wow. Got some revolvers going, one causes SHOCK EXPLOSIONS.

Hell to the YES.

Mordecai only seems to have Pistol skills. Does revolvers count? I really want to play through every character ust to see the crazy different gun bonuses....

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh my wow. Got some revolvers going, one causes SHOCK EXPLOSIONS.

Hell to the YES.

Mordecai only seems to have Pistol skills. Does revolvers count? I really want to play through every character ust to see the crazy different gun bonuses....

yes revolvers count

Burger

If anyone wants me to join their game for some CO-OP fun, message me on Xbox Live.

Level 24 Rifleman

Tag: Tanner Effect

Aptos

Wow, I just gotta say Playthrough 2 made an already fantastic game even more fantastic! You actually have to understand elemental weaknesses of the enemies, and use that against them. Example:
The bigger, armored, skags are really weak to corrosive damage, so much so that it's beneficial to use a gun with weaker damage as long as it corrodes.

Kingbrave

I just hit level 13. Fun game.

At first, I just wanted something to tide me over till Modern Warfare 2. I think this will last a lot longer. So thanks for the recommendations.

TheFallen

Aptos said:
Wow, I just gotta say Playthrough 2 made an already fantastic game even more fantastic! You actually have to understand elemental weaknesses of the enemies, and use that against them. Example:
The bigger, armored, skags are really weak to corrosive damage, so much so that it's beneficial to use a gun with weaker damage as long as it corrodes.
Yea, I started getting into the weaknesses toward the end of the game (end game spoiler ahead):
The alien guardians had very low hp but high shields, so if you put shock artifacts on your bloodwing, they pretty much get one shotted.

Didn't think about corrosive on skags though, I had been using fire effects on them. Seemed to do decently. I'll have try it.

Blizzard

Banned
Victrix said:
Haha at you getting owned by the turret.

I had to make myself stop watching so I don't spoil myself more, but that is a NICE stream. Thanks for doing that so people can decide whether they want to get it or whatever. :)

My brief thoughts from watching:
Negative: Yeah, all the AI that I saw was pretty dumb, charging at you or sitting on the turret while being shot.
Positive: If the graphics look that good on 360/PS3, then wow...I can only hope they run smoothly on a 4850 at 1680x1050. :D

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Just hit lvl 10 solo, oh man is this game AWESOME... The atmosphere is just freaking great, I picked the hunter/sniper class and I really do feel like a hunter trying to survive.. I send out my hawk and snipe those alien looking pigs from a long way out :lol

This is fucking awesome, I can't imagine playing it online.. I'll hop on soon.

I panicked like hell the first time an Adult skag charged me :lol

Blizzard

Banned
bengraven said:
I think people who pirate this and can't play online are going to be fuuuucking themselves.
It sounds like unless they use some invisible key thing on the PC, it'll be easy to pirate and play online. Who knows, though. I hope it continues to sell well...it's still beating L4D2
and MW2 and some other stuff, mwahaha.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Question: how do the arrows indicating accuracy/damage/etc. correlate to anything? Is it compared to the guns in your inventory or what?

bengraven

Blizzard said:
It sounds like unless they use some invisible key thing on the PC, it'll be easy to pirate and play online. Who knows, though. I hope it continues to sell well...it's still beating L4D2
and MW2 and some other stuff, mwahaha.

I've heard it's impossible by some people and some say it requires custom servers. Don't know, don't want to know, don't want to encourage people to look. :lol

Just saying, 95% of this games fun is going to be the fact that it's basically a FPS MMO that doesn't suck and your friends are going to be key to this.

Grecco

Semi stupid question

I have an Incendiary Artifact in my backpack that i cant use. I already can use artifacts i think cause i have incendiary punch and shocking punch for my berserker. Any reason why i cant use it? I got an extra one then? shouldd i sell it?

Xevren

You're probably already capped for that type of mod for your action skill, go ahead and sell it. In case you didn't know you can change your mod for your action skill in the skill tree menu, it's to the left of the action skill.

chubigans said:
Question: how do the arrows indicating accuracy/damage/etc. correlate to anything? Is it compared to the guns in your inventory or what?
It's compared to the gun your holding in your hands at the moment.

Insaniac

I'm still confused as to the x1/2/3/4 on elemental weapons, does that refer to the chance of inflicting the elemental damage, or does it refer to the damage over time infilicted by the element?

Insaniac said:
I'm still confused as to the x1/2/3/4 on elemental weapons, does that refer to the chance of inflicting the elemental damage, or does it refer to the damage over time infilicted by the element?
It refers to the chance the bullet will inflict that effect. The higher the number the greater the chance.

Lebron

Hellsing321 said:
Fucking Mothrakk was a bitch. Finally took that fucker down tho.
Yeah, I just hid in the vehicle hanger nearby, since his fireballs won't cause you damage while you're in there. Then took him out with my SMG by popping out when he was going for a pass. Fucker killed me the first time I faced him since I had no idea what I was in for. Lite the torches, sat there, said to myself, "where the hell is this mofo?". Then a rain of fireballs out of nowhere and me trying to run back to the car, but didn't make it. :lol

Seriously, I think that is a glitch. I remember that one other boss in the Vehicle, in that racing ring, you could just attack from the car hanger and they wouldn't damage you. Oh well, I got my exp and money, so who cares :p

vhfive

Lebron said:
Yeah, I just hid in the vehicle hanger nearby, since his fireballs won't cause you damage while you're in there. Then took him out with my SMG by popping out when he was going for a pass. Fucker killed me the first time I faced him since I had no idea what I was in for. Lite the torches, sat there, said to myself, "where the hell is this mofo?". Then a rain of fireballs out of nowhere and me trying to run back to the car, but didn't make it. :lol

Seriously, I think that is a glitch. I remember that one other boss in the Vehicle, in that racing ring, you could just attack from the car hanger and they wouldn't damage you. Oh well, I got my exp and money, so who cares :p
i was under leveled when i went up against mothrakk. i got a machine gun car locked on and just kept firing for a good 5 min. and then he died over a cliff and couldn't get his loot

Lebron

vhfive said:
i was under leveled when i went up against mothrakk. i got a machine gun car locked on and just kept firing for a good 5 min. and then he died over a cliff and couldn't get his loot
I don't think he had any loot, he fell right in front of me and nothing dropped. Unless I was shafted.

Zzoram said:
Any word on if they're planning to sell the DLC on PC or release it free, but delayed from consoles?
It's $10 across the board for both consoles and the PC. 800 Microsoft Carnival Points. No date has been given.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Lebron said:
DEY TOOK MY LOOT

DER TOCK HIS LERRRRRR!

Anyway, I got a 40000$ class mod and actually sold it off like a tard, accidentally. Now I got a similar one, but man that sucked ass.
:lol

Zzoram

ThaiGrocer said:
It's $10 across the board for both consoles and the PC. 800 Microsoft Carnival Points. No date has been given.

This DLC better be meaty for $10. What Borderlands needs is a really huge dungeon or three with an uber badass boss at the end that has a 1/1000 chance of dropping some really super items. That's what MMO end-game content design is like, and since Borderlands feels like an excellent FPS MMO a bit lacking in end-game content, that's what it needs.

Eric WK

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Level 26 and I still haven't seen a yellow or an alien weapon. :mad:

Myself and QVT have probably seen a half dozen oranges so far, both chest drops and in vending machines. We're level 33 and 31, respectively.

Like you, no Eridian weapons yet.

Zzoram said:
This DLC better be meaty for $10. What Borderlands needs is a really huge dungeon or three with an uber badass boss at the end that has a 1/1000 chance of dropping some really super items. That's what MMO end-game content design is like, and since Borderlands feels like an excellent FPS MMO a bit lacking in end-game content, that's what it needs.

Yeah, exactly. I would love the DLC to be like MMO endgame progression. Make each subsequent DLC a little bit tougher than the last with very, very rare items in each.

I forgot to add that they said that the Zombie Island should be out before the end of the year. I am also in high spirits that they will give enough content to justify 800 Clown College Points.

Top Bottom