• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Why is there no music or sound effects when you highlight the disc in the XMB for the PS3? I think it's my first game that does that.

RS4-

Just finished the game, wondering if I start my second playthrough, can I still play co-op with those that have yet to finish the game?

Xevren

RS4- said:
Just finished the game, wondering if I start my second playthrough, can I still play co-op with those that have yet to finish the game?

Yea you can, you can even toggle it from first or 2nd playthrough when you wanted to play solo also.

enewtabie

Only on a level nine soldier(thanks Giant Bomb) and this game is pretty damn fun. I gameflyed it,but I'll be purchasing it now. I had seen it since the first art was changed and just never really thought much of it.

I guess it wasn't really on my radar,but it's so much fun to play.

Akim

Banned
Just hit level 28. Me and my friend only play when both of us are on so it makes for a kind of annoying time. Anytime he's at work I can't play and I really don't wanna start a new game :/

Pretty amazing game though.

kylej

Banned
You guys thought
Skagzilla was hard
? I sat motionless and sprayed SMG bullets into his eyes for 3 mintues and he died. Maybe I was overleveled.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
kylej said:
You guys thought
Skagzilla was hard
? I sat motionless and sprayed SMG bullets into his eyes for 3 mintues and he died. Maybe I was overleveled.

I think they were just talking about the boatloads of HP he had.

LogicStep

One thing I like about the game is the "bosses" like the huge enemies one has to fight, I really enjoy those encounters. Also how hard the game is.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally. "Made in Fryestone." >_<

Finally, Shock weapon. >_<

Now if I could only get a Corosive... *sigh*

And Skagzilla seems to be kicking my ass right now. None of my weapons put a noticable dent into it. The best I can do is about 180 damage, worst is about... 5 damage. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TheFreshPrince said:
In terms of main storyline progression....how far along is Sledge? About 30%?

Not sure of a good estimate, but not that much. I've been doing all of the sidequests which may skew this since after fyrestone there's a TON more, but I've only done two major fights after Sledge and each took a lot longer to get to.

I have a question about Class Mods.

Do I have to have atleast one point in the skill that gets bonuses from the mod? For example with Hunter, if I don't have any points in the 'Fast Hands' skill, but I get +2 to that from a mod, do I still get the bonus?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
chubigans said:
Where the heck is Journal Day 76? I'm going crazy! (it's supposed to be in the wind turbine area...)

Climb up on the roof where the waypoint is.

Do I have to have atleast one point in the skill that gets bonuses from the mod? For example with Hunter, if I don't have any points in the 'Fast Hands' skill, but I get +2 to that from a mod, do I still get the bonus?

Like Diablo 2's "Skill +n" stuff, no.

Slapping myself: Yes, you need at least a point in the skill for skill +n.

Burger

I think I found a weird bug.

I have a rifle that holds 18 rounds. I have 2 points in the skill "Assault" which ups my magazine size by 18%.

I also have a Class Mod that adds +3 to the "Assault" skill, giving me a total of +5 points to "Assault".

So without the Class Mod, the rifle magazine goes up from 18 rounds to 21 rounds. With the Class Mod it goes up to 26.

Now, whenever I reload my gun to have a fresh, 26 round magazine and press back to go into my inventory/menu/map those extra 5 rounds are removed from the magazine, and go back into my inventory. So when I return to the game those rounds are missing from the gun. I didn't remove the Class Mod, just entered the menu. It's a bit annoying as I have to keep reloading my gun every time I check the map or whatever.

Zzoram

Ugh, Act 2 is really annoying. I keep dying and not every New-U has a tank spawn, and only a few New-U stations allow fast travel.

Do spiderants have a weakness? My bullets are doing 8 damage to them when they usually do at 100 on humanoids.

Xevren

Rocky_Balboa said:
Thanks.

I forgot to ask that does the bonuses stack over 5? If I already have 5/5, can it go beyond that with a class mod?

Yes it can, but it doesn't actually show it in the skill tree menu.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one who had no clue there was a lock on for the rocket launcher on the vehicles? Made fighting Mel Gibson too easy.

RS4-

Zzoram said:
Ugh, Act 2 is really annoying. I keep dying and not every New-U has a tank spawn, and only a few New-U stations allow fast travel.

Do spiderants have a weakness? My bullets are doing 8 damage to them when they usually do at 100 on humanoids.

Shoot them in the head so they get stunned, then shoot them in the ass for big damage.

Xevren said:
Oh my god, now I feel stupid.
:lol Yeah, I find it out the moment I got into the vehicle. As curious as I am, I tested every button and sure enough there is a lock-on. So much fun being an anti-air vehicle with launchers especially when they attack in group!

Jayge

Zzoram said:

Anything to their little ass-things will crit them for massive amounts of damage. Any shotgun or sniper rifle should hit them for at least 1 or 2 thousand per shot, and a good machine pistol will straight up melt their bars.

deathsight580 said:
Anyone rocking the siren? What's the best spec for her? I'm trying different things but I'm not sure what the best set up is...

First run through i went down the Assassin spec, phasewalk duration increase, extra crits, extra bullet damage. Played with snipers and SMGs

Now that I'm in the 30s, I find myself respeccing all the time trying to find good mixes. I'm about 50/50 split on elemental and assassin, but controller assassin with reduced cooldowns and 6 sec decreases was awesome too.

Honestly, it's like 6k to respec with 20 points or so, just do it until you find somethign that works for you.

Tobor

sazabirules said:
Am I the only one who had no clue there was a lock on for the rocket launcher on the vehicles? Made fighting Mel Gibson too easy.
They explain it when you do the vehicle tutorial mission, jumping the gulch. A window pops up and says "press A to lock on to enemies".

chewydogg

Any one having trouble finding the combat rifle scope for the quest? I can find it anywhere near the marker. Searched both walkways and underneath them as well. Spent about 10 mins. looking for it.

vhfive

chewydogg said:
Any one having trouble finding the combat rifle scope for the quest? I can find it anywhere near the marker. Searched both walkways and underneath them as well. Spent about 10 mins. looking for it.
what area is that one. they all kinda blend together

grumble

chewydogg said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of (either this one of the shotgun one), then you have to hop up onto one of the huts, then onto a grey archway thing. Can't see it from the ground.

NeoZylom

GAF, I require your help. Claptrap is telling me that Sanders (or something like that) has a new quest for me. Though, I don't remember who this guy is :S

Xevren

How far are you? I don't know of any Sanders, but could check the chick in the office in New Haven or Scooter who's also in New Haven. Those are the two I usually overlook with that.

I have a level 30 Hunter.. game has been a complete cakewalk since very early in the game. Is anyone else experiencing this weak difficulty progression? I have a rifle that just annihilates everything the game throws at me and anytime I need health I just throw my bird out there and he gives me hundreds of HP.

Do any of the other characters have a tougher time?

NeoZylom

Xevren said:
How far are you? I don't know of any Sanders, but could check the chick in the office in New Haven or Scooter who's also in New Haven. Those are the two I usually overlook with that.

Where is New Haven? :S

grumble

NeoZylom said:
GAF, I require your help. Claptrap is telling me that Sanders (or something like that) has a new quest for me. Though, I don't remember who this guy is :S

Are you talking about Shep? He's in a hut next to what used to be a blocked off gate in the Arid Badlands.

Blizzard

Banned
So ironically SecuROM (and the pirates) unlocks at midnight tomorrow instead of in the afternoon? Darnit.

On the plus side, that's actually a good thing, since I can motivate myself to get to sleep, get home from work early, and THEN play.

Top Bottom