• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Raide

After some Hunter and Berserker co-op, I just don't enjoy playing the Hunter that much. Maybe its because I like playing support classes, hence the Soldier becoming my class of choice, or just because the A.I moves around so much that head-shotting them can be a pain in the ass. :lol

kylej

Banned
how can so much effort go into a game and still have an ending that lame. developers please learn from Kojima, thanks.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
haldalish said:
taking this shit back, ps3 version is borked

How so? Just curious, because I've been playing the PS3 version and I haven't had any issues that would be due to it being this version. Online usually works good and there isn't any technical issues exclusive to this version, as far as I can tell.

edit: I forgot about the friends list issues, I haven't noticed them personally but maybe that's what you mean by borked. At least they plan on fixing it.

kylej said:
how can so much effort go into a game and still have an ending that lame. developers please learn from Kojima, thanks.
probably the same reason how a online influenced game can have terrible netcode. lazy developers

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Six days later...

*yawn* So... soon the real gaming can begin. ;)

You consolites still playing this one? That bodes well.

I believe my day one coop squad has been assembled- that is, if God's Beard is around and ready at 6:30PM eastern standard time tomorrow (and you fucking better >:eek:).

For anyone that hasn't yet and wants oodles of people to play/trade with, go over to the coop thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376538&page=4 and post your various screennames. We may make a separate trade/lootwhore thread once the PC itemcard jpgs start piling up.

By the way I have assembled this handy guide to how the wait for the various releases of Borderlands has been going:
2ilf1gk.png

Tokubetsu

Hawkian said:
Six days later...

*yawn* So... soon the real gaming can begin. ;)

You consolites still playing this one? That bodes well.

I believe my day one coop squad has been assembled- that is, if God's Beard is around and ready at 6:30PM eastern standard time tomorrow (and you fucking better >:eek:).

For anyone that hasn't yet and wants oodles of people to play/trade with, go over to the coop thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376538&page=4 and post your various screennames. We may make a separate trade/lootwhore thread once the PC itemcard jpgs start piling up.

By the way I have assembled this handy guide to how the wait for the various releases of Borderlands has been going:
2ilf1gk.png

If he drops out, I'll be on and willing to play. Check the co-op thread for my steam id.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Snuggler said:
How so? Just curious, because I've been playing the PS3 version and I haven't had any issues that would be due to it being this version. Online usually works good and there isn't any technical issues exclusive to this version, as far as I can tell.

edit: I forgot about the friends list issues, I haven't noticed them personally but maybe that's what you mean by borked. At least they plan on fixing it.

Exactly. I have yet to run into a bugged achievement or anything. Maybe he ran into the friendlist glitch that's supposed to be... you know... being fixed by the end of next week?

Too many damn side quests in New Haven. Haven't finished them all since I'm so underlevel. Level 25. Now if I could level to 30 so I can safely take Skaggzilla on... :lol

Game reminds me of Fable 2 where I can't put the game down until I finish "One more quest" regardless if it's 1:30 am on a weeknight. I'm tired.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The only thing that I think this game needs, is a flash light or night vision or some shit like that. When it gets dark it can be hard to see enemies, at least when I'm sniping but that's all I do as a Hunter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Snuggler said:
The only thing that I think this game needs, is a flash light or night vision or some shit like that. When it gets dark it can be hard to see enemies, at least when I'm sniping but that's all I do as a Hunter.

Turn brightness all the way to supernova. It helps tremendously.

TheSeks said:
Exactly. I have yet to run into a bugged achievement or anything. Maybe he ran into the friendlist glitch that's supposed to be... you know... being fixed by the end of next week?

Too many damn side quests in New Haven. Haven't finished them all since I'm so underlevel. Level 25. Now if I could level to 30 so I can safely take Skaggzilla on... :lol

I beat Skagzilla at 21 o.o

I just ran around in circles taking him down with my combat rifle... I don't get it.

bounchfx

Remy said:
Steam is currently reading at 1 day, 4 hours. Assuming the unlock monkey doesn't fall asleep and that reading is accurate, we're looking at Monday at about 3PM EST / noon PST.

wow that's pretty... horrible. are you sure it's PM and not AM? usually they do the 'midnight launch' crap on steam from what I knew, but the way you're saying it is an equivalent to the store opening at fucking 3pm my time. that's bullshit. :(

Tokubetsu

bounchfx said:
wow that's pretty... horrible. are you sure it's PM and not AM? usually they do the 'midnight launch' crap on steam from what I knew, but the way you're saying it is an equivalent to the store opening at fucking 3pm my time. that's bullshit. :(

I don't think they've ever really done midnight stuff. Granted my first pre-load was earlier this year but every pre-loaded game since has been 12PM PST. Give or take a few hours as they're verification servers get hammered and you can't verify your pre-load. If it happened with Killing Floor and Zeno Clash, it'll happen with Borderlands.

Zzoram

Where is the Claptrap repair kit in the Tetanus Warren? I'm running all around the map marker but I don't see anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Never having played it on a console, my thinking would be if that is the case, couldn't you make the second profile character, log in with the first profile character and give it to them, log out, log back in with the other first profile character you want, give the item to them?

Zzoram

Hawkian said:
Never having played it on a console, my thinking would be if that is the case, couldn't you make the second profile character, log in with the first profile character and give it to them, log out, log back in with the other first profile character you want, give the item to them?

Yes, it's just inconvenient.

FinKL

Speaking of Steam unlock times, when I click Borderlands in the store, it says the game will unlock in 1 day 2hours from now. Is that Monday @ 12:00 PM Noon PST? I wanted to play tonight =/

Teknoman

FinKL said:
Speaking of Steam unlock times, when I click Borderlands in the store, it says the game will unlock in 1 day 2hours from now. Is that Monday @ 12:00 PM Noon PST? I wanted to play tonight =/

Yeah Steam unlock time is different from the PC retail disc unlock time...and maybe even that Direct to Drive unlock time.

Red

FinKL said:
Nm, misunderstood.

poweld

Zzoram said:
How many main cities are there in total? Fyrestone, New Haven, and Old Haven?
I wouldn't even consider Old Haven a "city" in the hub sense, since it's a hostile area. If you just mean urban areas, then yes, those are the three.

kylej

Banned
Finished the game a little over 1000exp away from level 36. That's after completing every single quest in the game and beating the final boss. Didn't really find that many super rad guns. The 3 orange weapons I got were lame and I only got one pistol with infinite ammo. Loved every second of it though. On to GTA Episodes and DJ Hero.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woo, beat the game last night with all of the sidequests done, around level 36. I did a little of playthrough 2 but only up to nine toes...the quest was now worth 20K exp. :lol

Captain N

I'm a level 16 right now and have an awesome shotgun I picked up during co-op last night. This is an amazing game that has me hooked! Can you unlock cars that allow for more than two people?

FinKL

That sucks, well in other recent news
There is confirmed to be a "Secret Cow Level" of sorts hidden area that has an easter egg gun to find. There are specific directions to do it and have prereqs like the cow level. Can only do before finishing quest "Another Piece of the Puzzle" http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=78136&highlight=basement
How to Find it
1.Most people do on second play through, Character doesnt matter, neither does level.
2. IT IS NOT behind zeds med shop but to the bottom right from the door the the shack behind there.
3.You must have started "Another Piece of the Puzzle" (DONT TURN IN AFTER YOU HAVE GOTTEN THE KEY)
4.Goto the blue shack to the BOTTOM RIGHT of the 1 behind zeds house and the door should open.
5.Go down the elevator
6. Claim your prize, the Rider (reference to The Christmas Story)

Teknoman

kylej said:
Finished the game a little over 1000exp away from level 36. That's after completing every single quest in the game and beating the final boss. Didn't really find that many super rad guns. The 3 orange weapons I got were lame and I only got one pistol with infinite ammo. Loved every second of it though. On to GTA Episodes and DJ Hero.

Doesnt co-op up the chances of getting better weapons anyway? Being a bit more difficult and all.

FinKL said:
That sucks, well in other recent news
There is confirmed to be a "Secret Cow Level" of sorts hidden area that has an easter egg gun to find. There are specific directions to do it and have prereqs like the cow level. Can only do before finishing quest "Another Piece of the Puzzle" http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=78136&highlight=basement
How to Find it
1.Most people do on second play through, Character doesnt matter, neither does level.
2. IT IS NOT behind zeds med shop but to the bottom right from the door the the shack behind there.
3.You must have started "Another Piece of the Puzzle" (DONT TURN IN AFTER YOU HAVE GOTTEN THE KEY)
4.Goto the blue shack to the BOTTOM RIGHT of the 1 behind zeds house and the door should open.
5.Go down the elevator
6. Claim your prize, the Rider (reference to The Christmas Story)

SO awesome. They add in so many cool little things.. its great.

Pctx

Banned
Question for you PS3 owners...

Anyone having audio issues or framerate problems?

I know it's a small gripe but was curious if people were experiencing any issues as I've been having. I was on Software ver 3.0 and I'm updating to 3.01 to see if that does anything but... who knows. Very minor. Audio is over Digital ToS link and has some random cut outs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pctx said:
Question for you PS3 owners...

Anyone having audio issues or framerate problems?

I know it's a small gripe but was curious if people were experiencing any issues as I've been having. I was on Software ver 3.0 and I'm updating to 3.01 to see if that does anything but... who knows. Very minor. Audio is over Digital ToS link and has some random cut outs.

I only had major framerate problems in the one area in Fyrestone where you have to collect 8 petals/find the two transmissions/early boss fight (can't remember the name). When 4 or 5 skags spawned and attacked me at the same time, it caused the game to slow WAY down, it wasn't pretty. For some reason, it was only this area that had major problems, I'm not sure why it would be so bad in just one spot.

Tomorrow is the last day I try and hunt down this game. I've been to 5 stores 4 times this week, but if its not in tomorrow, they simply don't want my money.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Xbox version got framerate issues too, aiming at any enemies with a fairly complicated texture will result a sudden framerate drop, for example, Crab worms, Alien defenders, while skags and human enemies seem not so bad.

In the last area, where snow gets heavier and heavier, the framerate drops under 20fps I am pretty sure, also the massive screen tearing during the last cutscene...overall Gearbox done a good job

Blizzard

Banned
Someone brought up a good point...who knows if the Steam verification servers may be down for a few hours or more after the 12 p.m. PST release tomorrow. :( The other thing for people to remember for Steam is that you have 7GB of files that are as far as I know TOTALLY encrypted, and it's not just flipping a switch -- you'll have to wait for all of those to be unencrypted. I don't know if that'll just take like 30 minutes or what, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lion Heart said:
Tomorrow is the last day I try and hunt down this game. I've been to 5 stores 4 times this week, but if its not in tomorrow, they simply don't want my money.

What's that? Do I hear something?

Buy it on steeeeeaaaaam... Steeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaam....

Is it the wind?

Top Bottom