• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

SundaySounds said:
why? what's wrong?

Well for one thing its pretty old (amd 3500+ 7900 GS). I also upgraded from 1 gig of ram to 2 gigs but I think there might be some compatibility issues (maybe with timing?). Braid lags man, BRAID!

Lion Heart said:
Well for one thing its pretty old (amd 3500+ 7900 GS). I also upgraded from 1 gig of ram to 2 gigs but I think there might be some compatibility issues (maybe with timing?). Braid lags man, BRAID!

Oh dear. perhaps it's time for a total upgrade?

scobur

Banned
This was a fun game, but I didn't feel like I was going to see much more beyond bigger, stronger, faster after the first few hours. To be expected from a Diablolike, and I know that's fine for many. Suppose my interest is harder to keep with games anymore.

Lion Heart said:
My brother plays WoW on the lowest settings and sometimes it goes to 1 or 2 FPS :lol .

Blizzard

Banned
Dechaios said:
Probably already been answered but please tell me this unlocks on Steam tonight at midnight!!!
No, it will unlock (as the Steam store says) at like 3 p.m. EST tomorrow. Then it will take a while to unencrypt, and there might be more of a delay if the Steam verification servers are slow or down. :(

Teknoman

Blizzard said:
No, it will unlock (as the Steam store says) at like 3 p.m. EST tomorrow. Then it will take a while to unencrypt, and there might be more of a delay if the Steam verification servers are slow or down. :(

2a0ca4g.jpg

eshwaaz

I'm a level 21 soldier and I've just progressed to the Dahl Headlands, and I feel like I don't have as much cash as I should. I have about $65,000 and haven't really bought a whole lot as the gear that seems worthwhile is really expensive. I did every mission in the previous area before moving on and sell off inferior equipment frequently - am I missing something, or is this just how things go?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Pctx said:
Question for you PS3 owners...

Anyone having audio issues or framerate problems?

I know it's a small gripe but was curious if people were experiencing any issues as I've been having. I was on Software ver 3.0 and I'm updating to 3.01 to see if that does anything but... who knows. Very minor. Audio is over Digital ToS link and has some random cut outs.

Its a really big issue in my group. When we're in the lobby it works fine but once the game starts it just cuts out randomly for long periods of time. Communication is really important in this type of game so its very annoying.

Besides that I'm enjoying the game. I love all of the different guns.

kylej

Banned
eshwaaz said:
I'm a level 21 soldier and I've just progressed to the Dahl Headlands, and I feel like I don't have as much cash as I should. I have about $65,000 and haven't really bought a whole lot as the gear that seems worthwhile is really expensive. I did every mission in the previous area before moving on and sell off inferior equipment frequently - am I missing something, or is this just how things go?

Yeah you won't have a lot of money until you hit the 30s. Then all of a sudden you'll look at your inventory and have 800k in there.

KiKaL

Blizzard said:

I'm actually happy to hear this...This will make work tomorrow so much more bearable knowing that I'm only missing 2 hours and most likely those two hours would of been a slow decryption process.

Seriously. How did they fit THIS much awesome into one game? Such a fresh experience. Even though everything in this game has been done before, it has never been done in one single game, and this well to boot.

GOTY 2009 for me. I don't foresee anything topping it either.

MMOFPSRPG = best videogame genre ever, even though there's only one game in it so far. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm gonna be logging in to my home PC from work to decrypt the locked files, so that I can boot it up the moment I get home.

I am already resenting my Wednesday and Thursday this week- it's a two day new hire orientation (even though I've already been at the company 3 months).

Only thing worse than working and not being able to play Borderlands is not working and still not being able to play Borderlands. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really don't get the GOTY comments. Nothing about the game screams "BEST GAME ALL YEAR" to me. Most of the elements have been done before and I'm getting WAY burned out in the main story not even 30 levels in.

I think it's mostly because going online, you get higher level players than you which screws up the EXP gain for you. It's now taking me forever to level up with just level 29-30 enemies despite the fact that I'm level 30. :|

Unlocked the bridge to Trash Town, and stopped because I was getting burned out.

Bullshit time: Doing side-quests that I'm eligible for in a "non-eligible for main story" game. I spent about two hours doing quests in that only for them to not count? What the fuck. I mean if I'm not eligible for main story/some sidequests they've done, cool. I can do those later. But if they're doing side-quests that I/they BOTH don't have, then I should be able to finish the goddamn thing wherever the fuck I am. :|

TheSeks said:
I really don't get the GOTY comments. Nothing about the game screams "BEST GAME ALL YEAR" to me. Most of the elements have been done before and I'm getting WAY burned out in the main story not even 30 levels in.

I think it's mostly because going online, you get higher level players than you which screws up the EXP gain for you. It's now taking me forever to level up with just level 29-30 enemies despite the fact that I'm level 30. :|

Unlocked the bridge to Trash Town, and stopped because I was getting burned out.

Playing it split screen co-op with the wifey and it's such an extremely fresh experience. I've never played anything like this in my life in co-op and I've been FPSing since 1994.

Yeah, the story is thin, but the gameplay + set pieces + loot whoring just make the game SO good for me.

Bullshit time: Doing side-quests that I'm eligible for in a "non-eligible for main story" game. I spent about two hours doing quests in that only for them to not count? What the fuck. I mean if I'm not eligible for main story/some sidequests they've done, cool. I can do those later. But if they're doing side-quests that I/they BOTH don't have, then I should be able to finish the goddamn thing wherever the fuck I am. :|

The whole basis of popping in and out of co-op is that you're going into THEIR world strictly and helping that person out. The benefit to you is not completing the missions, but rather getting some XP as well as some new loot.

TheSeks said:

It's without a doubt my goty. All of the people having quest issues should not be playing with higher level people, and you'll stop having those problems.

Pumpkins

TheSeks said:

You don't have to like it.

Are you playing with a buddy? It's really fun when you play it with someone else.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Quick question: I want to play with a friend split-screen Co-op. Will my trophies glitch up? Or is that only online?

epmode

Anyone looking for someone to help with a Steam 4-pack? I'll buy the pack and distribute if that's an issue.

(I've already done the same with Left4Dead 2 on another forum if anyone needs references or whatever)

Pumpkins said:
You don't have to like it.

Are you playing with a buddy? It's really fun when you play it with someone else.

QFT.

Playing this with someone you know/like probably turns this game into a completely different experience.

I couldn't picture having as much fun if this was strictly single player, or if I was only playing with random people.

Grecco

kylej said:
Yeah you won't have a lot of money until you hit the 30s. Then all of a sudden you'll look at your inventory and have 800k in there.
Depends on the class my brick with full prize fighter is rolling In the dough best ability in the game IMO

Zzoram

I'm at the checkpoint before
Krom
after finishing all the side quests in New Haven and The Middle of Nowhere. I'm a level 28 Brick. How close am I to the end of the single player game?

Take heart if you think you suck: I'm a level 19 Brick and I have around $24,000. Yup - I die THAT much. Man, does this game rape you for respawning...

Still love it, though... :lol

Dead

well not really...yet
What the hell is wrong with the loading in this game? It took like 5 minutes to load in between the first area and the Skag Gully area

Red

I leave work at 3 p.m. EST tomorrow, which works out great for the Steam unlock. I'm hoping it'll be activated right away, since I have class at 4:30 p.m. Want to get some lootwhoring in before that.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
ALaz502 said:
QFT.

Playing this with someone you know/like probably turns this game into a completely different experience.

I couldn't picture having as much fun if this was strictly single player, or if I was only playing with random people.

It's definitely co-op or nothing, I'd say. To play this solo is to miss the point entirely.

Still, I agree with him that the GotY comments seem pretty silly. As much as I love playing Borderlands (67 hours so far across three characters), it's certainly not the best game I've played all year.

Dead said:
What the hell is wrong with the loading in this game? It took like 5 minutes to load in between the first area and the Skag Gully area

PS3 version? The load times are pretty ridiculous, yeah. Especially considering the game has a mandatory install.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Level 40 with my Siren, so much elemental carnage. Level 3 corrosive artifact, corrosive blast from phase walk along with constant electricity, killing an enemy causes a fire blast to get other people, and I heal about 180hp while doing so each time. I also get it to charge every 20 seconds. :lol

Dead

well not really...yet
EnjoyIncubus said:
PS3 version? The load times are pretty ridiculous, yeah. Especially considering the game has a mandatory install.
Yeah.

Also, the intro to the game on teh bus had terrible framerate, the game was almost stopping on several occasions. And after quitting the game, it froze on the intro screen for a bit.

The long load times are complety insufferable

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a reason why when I quit my solo character and later that day I started a new character in co-op and all my quests for my solo character appeared active on my new character and it screwed up my questing?

hitoshi

Okay, I need help cause it drives me totally insane, I've spent the last hour and half looking for the goddamn magazine in the quest called: Scavenger: Machine Gun. I've googled every possible thing for a definite answer but apart from the hint that
it is in a tire
I've got nothing. I've looked EVERYWHERE, crouching and so on and nothing. I think it's glitched because when I've reloaded the area the stock appeared which I have got previously...

Chrange

Banned
hitoshi said:
Okay, I need help cause it drives me totally insane, I've spent the last hour and half looking for the goddamn magazine in the quest called: Scavenger: Machine Gun. I've googled every possible thing for a definite answer but apart from the hint that
it is in a tire
I've got nothing. I've looked EVERYWHERE, crouching and so on and nothing. I think it's glitched because when I've reloaded the area the stock appeared which I have got previously...

They don't appear exactly where the indicator says. It took me a lot of looking to find one piece of the sniper, but I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with the SMG. Go up high and look around, should be easier to spot.

hitoshi

Chrange said:
They don't appear exactly where the indicator says. It took me a lot of looking to find one piece of the sniper, but I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with the SMG. Go up high and look around, should be easier to spot.

Sorry but I'm not dumb, I know how to find it. the problem is: it is not where it is supposed to be.

Zzoram

I hope Borderlands 2 has a bigger budget and more development time. This game is so good, but could be so much better with a ton of minor tweaks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So (while I don't know when I'll get to her, rolling a hunter first) I've decided that Phoenix is too cool a skill to pass up with my Siren, even though I was previously gonna go full controller. I'm skill going to focus mostly on controller with just enough points to unlock Phoenix, may or may not max it.

Any build ideas? What'd be the best way to head down the controller tree? http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21000000050055010000000 29 points left to spend

TofuEater

Only problem I have with the game is that

Where is my horizontal split screen in 1080i mode... grr, it only has horizontal split screen in 480p. Anything else and its vertical split, who do I have to kill to have a option to change?

TheFallen

TheSeks said:
It's called an opinion. Some people love it, some like it, some hate it. What's the problem with that?

TheSeks said:
Doesn't really work like that, the levels just require more xp as you get further in. Regardless, play with partners closer to your level. We have a GAF group dude and you're not in it. Get on it. All you've done in that thread is beg for corrosive weapons.

TheSeks said:
It's pretty fucking simple, you haven't done the prerequisite for whatever non-plot missions you are doing, some have pre-reqs. Stop joining someone else's game if you're worried about this shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hawkian said:
So (while I don't know when I'll get to her, rolling a hunter first) I've decided that Phoenix is too cool a skill to pass up with my Siren, even though I was previously gonna go full controller. I'm skill going to focus mostly on controller with just enough points to unlock Phoenix, may or may not max it.

Any build ideas? What'd be the best way to head down the controller tree? http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21000000050055010000000 29 points left to spend

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21414150332243111000000

Here's what I'm at right now at 40. I didn't look at her tree at all before I really played and the first point I used ended up being in Assassin even though I never touched it after, the other 2 trees seem way better. I'm planning on dumping the rest of my points into phoenix and spreading the rest around what I already have, probably put some into Girl Power too.

Only thing I'd say about yours is to maybe not fully load out some and ignore the rest, since some class mods give boosts to certain things that will only actually get affected if you have atleast 1 point in it. I think the melee one at 5 is a little overkill too, Lilith can die pretty fast so it's not that great to just melee people to corrode, I only really use it out of the phasewalk(which, for me, already does corrode them) or to finish off an enemy that's dazed, but that's for smaller scale stuff where it's safe to do so. So, some points in elemental effect for a weapon would probably be better suited, since a corrosive shotgun having a better chance to work is more effective than her melee.

Top Bottom