• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Zzoram

Blizzard said:
Wow, it's not even unlocked on retail yet. That sucks. The delay didn't even stop it?

I don't know if the delay was even meant to delay piracy. They simply might have had more bugs to work on out the PC version because they prioritized getting the 360/PS3 version out as far as possible from MW2.

Blizzard

Banned
Hawkian said:
God's Beard, Blizzard, and Tyler, assemble!

6:30PM EST tomorrow. Be there. Bring your A-game.

Btw I know 'sBeard is going soldier and I'm going hunter- you decided yet, Blizzard?

BTW, I have not heard from God's Beard despite multiple attempts to confirm his presence. If he doesn't show, I think somebody else called the spot already; was it Tokubetsu?
Planning on Mordecai, if he's the sniper dude. I'll depend on God's Beard to protect us. :lol

Zzoram said:
I don't know if the delay was even meant to delay piracy. They simply might have had more bugs to work on out the PC version because they prioritized getting the 360/PS3 version out as far as possible from MW2.
Well, 2K Elizabeth explicitly said something like "If we unlocked this on Friday, it would be out on torrents by tonight". So basically they didn't unlock it early (or maybe they couldn't) and pirates got it before legitimate players anyway...sigh.

And we'll see if there's any day 1 PC patch. I still kinda doubt it, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody know if you can register a boxed version of the game with Steam? I know you can't do that with the vast majority of games, but there are a few that you can.

I'd like to have a Steam version available, but I can get a boxed version for about $5 cheaper with a discount I have at Target.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, but this is not a Steamworks game. You can "add non-steam game" it and it'd be essentially the same as getting it through Steam
except you paid more.

Teknoman

Blizzard said:
Planning on Mordecai, if he's the sniper dude. I'll depend on God's Beard to protect us. :lol

Well, 2K Elizabeth explicitly said something like "If we unlocked this on Friday, it would be out on torrents by tonight". So basically they didn't unlock it early (or maybe they couldn't) and pirates got it before legitimate players anyway...sigh.

And we'll see if there's any day 1 PC patch. I still kinda doubt it, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

That was gonna happen no matter when they released the game. If a PC version of anything released, it'll be pirated. Thats just a fact these days.

Blizzard

Banned
Teknoman said:
That was gonna happen no matter when they released the game. If a PC version of anything released, it'll be pirated. Thats just a fact these days.
I'm well aware, I guess it's just slightly more annoying when a community rep basically says "We're not letting you play this weekend because it would be out in torrents on Friday", and it apparently gets leaked at least a day before everyone legitimate gets to play anyway.

Zzoram

borderlands.jpg

I wonder how this mod came to be :lol

*Edit crap, my photobucket is outta bandwidth

Teknoman

Blizzard said:
I'm well aware, I guess it's just slightly more annoying when a community rep basically says "We're not letting you play this weekend because it would be out in torrents on Friday", and it apparently gets leaked at least a day before everyone legitimate gets to play anyway.

Nah I understand. Felt the same way during that "forum rush" on 2k's and gearbox's site. Still cant see why they thought it would be a good idea.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Hawkian said:
No, but this is not a Steamworks game. You can "add non-steam game" it and it'd be essentially the same as getting it through Steam
except you paid more.
If it's just registered with Steam, though, people can't see when you're playing (a message pops up when you start, but not if they log on after you started the game) and it doesn't track the hours you play.

I'll probably just get the Steam version tonight even though it costs more.

Zzoram

Monroeski said:
If it's just registered with Steam, though, people can't see when you're playing (a message pops up when you start, but not if they log on after you started the game) and it doesn't track the hours you play.

If it's only $5 that's not a biggie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Monroeski said:

Put together a 4-pack and it costs substantially less. The only reason I don't care that I need to wait essentially an extra day to play.

Post in the coop thread, you might get lucky and find someone with a single slot left to fill.

Zzoram

EnjoyIncubus said:
Just lost all my skills points on my level 43.

Guess I'll make a new character. :/

I hear if you gain a level and end up with 1 point, spend it, then pay to respec, all the points come back. Which version and did you play online?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Zzoram said:
I hear if you gain a level and end up with 1 point, spend it, then pay to respec, all the points come back. Which version and did you play online?

I've also heard of success with this! Try it before scrapping your old character.

Zzoram said:
It's +40% Team Melee Damage, -34% Team Melee Damage on the same class mod.

...:lol

+6%, then? I would absofuckinglutely keep that in my backpack for the novelty.

Zzoram

Hawkian said:
I've also heard of success with this! Try it before scrapping your old character.

...:lol

+6%, then? I would absofuckinglutely keep that in my backpack for the novelty.

That was my plan but I accidentally got rid of it while making room for more loot, not realizing what I dropped, and only realized it the next day. All I have left is the picture that won't show up until next month's bandwidth allotment.

Zzoram said:

PS3. Yeah, I was just in an online game. Host ended it or something, so I joined a new one and all my skill points were gone.

New Soldier spec based on my 360 experiences with brick.

I just hope I refind my orange shotgun that did 70x7 damage, 86.5% accuracy, high crit rate, 200% crit damage, 18 round mag, 3.5x scope and high chance to cause explosions. :lol

kylej said:
Lilith is the best.

Lilith has the worst skill tree, but once you've seen her phasewalk, it's all you want. I got jealous as fuck after all the running from place to place I was doing, and her shooting across the map in an instant.

epmode

This live stream thing has me interested in the game. Anyone need another buyer for the 4-pack? I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to pay full price but I'm definitely down for $33.75.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How are you supposed to climb up to
Flynt
? There's an arrow pointing at the obvious route, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out HOW you're supposed to climb over there, every jump point for me is blocked or walled. It's so annoying as this is the last active quest (*knock on wood*) for New Heaven I have. :|

Aptos

TheSeks said:
How are you supposed to climb up to
Flynt
? There's an arrow pointing at the obvious route, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out HOW you're supposed to climb over there, every jump point for me is blocked or walled. It's so annoying as this is the last active quest (*knock on wood*) for New Heaven I have. :|

ramps on the left and right

Blizzard

Banned
epmode said:
This live stream thing has me interested in the game. Anyone need another buyer for the 4-pack? I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to pay full price but I'm definitely down for $33.75.
You can try PMing dollartaco, but I don't know when the Steam deal ends, and he may have already hooked up with the other people in the co-op thread.

TheSeks

Aptos said:
ramps on the left and right

I don't see any ramps. Unless you mean those steel beams? I can't seem to climb those

teekun

Aptos said:
Yea, the best part is that even with Legendary weapons, I still have trouble in the end game areas.

This is so good to hear. I hope it'll still be fun to run through end game areas when I hit 50 on my second playthrough.

It also makes me wonder how they're going to handle the DLC areas. Unless they're designed for end-game leveled characters, I don't know how they'll be fun for anyone who has already beaten the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
God's Beard said:
New Soldier spec based on my 360 experiences with brick.

I just hope I refind my orange shotgun that did 70x7 damage, 86.5% accuracy, high crit rate, 200% crit damage, 18 round mag, 3.5x scope and high chance to cause explosions. :lol

I like the new spec. I will be camping by your turret for Bloodwing throws ;)

Also, I believe you are referring to my orange shotgun. I remember sooomeone saying they "sucked."

EDIT: I heard that starting a "third playthrough" ramps every single enemy to 50. Any truth to this?

Zzoram

teekun said:
This is so good to hear. I hope it'll still be fun to run through end game areas when I hit 50 on my second playthrough.

It also makes me wonder how they're going to handle the DLC areas. Unless they're designed for end-game leveled characters, I don't know how they'll be fun for anyone who has already beaten the game.

I really hope the DLC will be end-game super dungeons. Really hard, really long, with uber bosses that have a 1/1000 chance at dropping a super unique weapon.

TheSeks

Ugh, this is pissing me off. I've been all over the ground floor and looking for a switch or something. But there is no switch and the way(s) up are completely blocked. So I'm sitting here stumped with thousands of enemies swarming me instead of kicking the bosses ass.

This is so stupid. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Zzoram said:
I really hope the DLC will be end-game super dungeons. Really hard, really long, with uber bosses that have a 1/1000 chance at dropping a super unique weapon.

I wonder if you want end-game dungeons that are really long with uber bosses that have a 1/1000 chance of dropping like a super rare unique weapon.

If so, you really ought to say so dude.

Monroeski said:

BTW, I don't think you're right about that. I see people online after I log on that say "In non-steam game/ World of Warcraft" (for example) all the time.

Aptos

TheSeks said:
Ugh, this is pissing me off. I've been all over the ground floor and looking for a switch or something. But there is no switch and the way(s) up are completely blocked. So I'm sitting here stumped with thousands of enemies swarming me instead of kicking the bosses ass.

This is so stupid. :/

Did you go up the
elevator in the base of the Thor
?

TheSeks

Aptos said:
Did you go up the
elevator in the base of the Thor
?

Yes. And that's where I'm stuck. It's the damn GROUND FLOOR of the boss area. There is no obvious way to get up there and it's annoying me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
That was my plan but I accidentally got rid of it while making room for more loot, not realizing what I dropped, and only realized it the next day. All I have left is the picture that won't show up until next month's bandwidth allotment.
Or will you?

VOODOO MAGIC

33cvp6w.jpg

Copy the URL into tinypic and it will get the image

Put a couple of hours into this game after picking it up to day and so far I'm liking it. Taking a bit of time to get used to a FPS on the Sony controller again though, but its getting there. Im gonna have to recommend this game to my little brother though, he's a FPS and loot/Diablo whore so this game will probably be right up his alley.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey beardie, here's my final (eh?) build, with what I now know about class mods and such.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/#11000000044054550550521

I don't sacrifice much (one less item for Swipe and non-guaranteed Daze with the Bloodwing are the biggest), but I get to max Predator like you suggested and with a class mod that boosts Relentless and Hair Trigger, I will be in business.

...*sigh* I keep forgetting we have to start at level 1.

Hazaro said:
Copy the URL into tinypic and it will get the image

You sir have BLOWN MY MIND.

TheSeks

TheSeks said:
Yes. And that's where I'm stuck. It's the damn GROUND FLOOR of the boss area. There is no obvious way to get up there and it's annoying me.

I'm am stupid. Please smack me. This is the ONE TIME rushing a boss a la Ninja with my Siren DOES NOT WORK. You have to kill the two waves before you can ninja his ass.

w00t, finally can finish the game. >_<

In the arena, I beat the two level 15 Alpha Scags as a thirteen. It was actually a fun "shooter" battle. They would charge, I would jump. I took my shots when I could, and I would go all punches and bunches when the cool down reset.

A charge from the skag would completely deplete my shields so there would be times when I could safely take a hit, and times when it would be instant death. Fun stuff.

Top Bottom