• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound by Flame |OT| Free the fire

pixlexic

Banned
PS4? Beginning area? I felt the same way when I first played it, either I got used to it or it's better later on. I think it's the variable framerate they used, very distracting and I usually don't get bother by that stuff.

yeah there is a lot of jittering its driving me crazy.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Here you go

i7QmnDXnKemFp.jpg

itWoKTKFDHWt8.jpg

That AO is ridiculous.

I hope you can turn this off and force nvidia AO from control panel.

See that's one way to look at it then again it's also a flawed perspective since not all youtubers or small reviewers do such a thing. Case by case basis. I mean, at what point does it just become an excuse NOT to agree with a reviewer just because they are a smaller outlet/youtuber. get review code, and because they don't agree with what you think? Do some Youtubers do what you say though, oh I'm sure of it!

As for me, I get codes on and off. Yet that doesn't stop me from telling my geniune feelings on a game. The last two Atlus games I got for example. Conception II and Daylight. Didn't really enjoy either of them, and I speak up about it. Daylight I absolutely trashed.

As far as this embargo goes. The PR have not heard back from the company over there and they assume it just has to do with a global embargo or release over in the Europe areas. Makes sense. I already have some walkthroughs up and ready to go. Even though there are people posting their videos already. I'm following the rules of the embargo because it's an honor system and nothing wrong with that.

Yeah of course it's not all YT reviewers, I know that there are many good people there. but that just my experience with some channels and the reason why I'll go for forums impressions or to someone reviewing a retail game he bought himself over the small YT reviewers.

Yeah of course it's not all YT reviewers, I know that there are many good people there. but that just my experience with some channels and the reason why I'll go for forums impressions or to someone reviewing a retail game he bought himself over the small YT reviewers.

That makes sense. Heck I bought the game myself in this case. Even after getting a review copy.

JJP12

I've been playing for an hour now on the hardest difficulty. The combat isn't very smooth but its actually pretty fun. I died a lot in the beginning being careless. Spamming square will get you no where. Parrying/dodging/knocking enemies back is essential. The combat is simple but there's a lot of strategy to it. Always take out those ranged enemies first. Its still early, but I'm finding the ranger fighting style to be the best. I can run past big/slow enemies easily and attack from behind while dodging quicker enemies and following up with quick attacks. I'm definitely really glad I bought this and I hope everyone else that buys it will enjoy it as much as I am =]

Took this picture to try and show off the pseudo cell shaded nature of the game, pay attention to the wooden bridge and also the wooden structure to the left.

ibhbuOdt99kttg.jpg

Majmun

Watched someone play this game on PS Live. Game looks really bad :S

I'm waiting for reviews and more impressions.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
yeah there is a lot of jittering its driving me crazy.
Here's the thing, it seems like they're using the "Ultra" shadows on PS4...which is not a good move.

While not impressive to behold they DO take a toll on performance. During review both a GTX680 and 780 actually had trouble holding 60 fps with this feature enabled. On medium the 680 holds 60fps perfectly with everything else maxed while dropping to high on the 780 achieved the same. The lower settings REMOVE shadows but they look weird regardless so no big loss.

ViviOggi

Definitely looks like AO, characters standing in front of objects, even like a meter away, also appear to have super thick outlines when otherwise they don't at all.

Apart from that it really just looks like a fantasy Mars: War Logs with slightly stronger art direction.

ttocs

I'm interested in the game but with no reviews or really any other information besides promotional material I'm a bit skeptical. War Logs didn't mesh too well with me so I think I'm going to wait.

Karak

I'm interested in the game but with no reviews or really any other information besides promotional material I'm a bit skeptical. War Logs didn't mesh too well with me so I think I'm going to wait.

This thread will be on fire come Friday morning.

Just completed my second boss fight other other than the tutorial one. I'm still enjoying it and will most likely see it through. The strategy during combat makes up for the lack of attacks you might use and the monster design is very food so far.

Honome

I'm enjoying the game so far on PS4 but i can see it getting a lot of bad reviews for not being polish enough. Even with tecnical problems gameplay is fun ang game is a lot challenging on captain difficulty.

Here is my second half to the prologue with the boss battle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjc8_2LH0J8

I streamed some of this last night and most folks watching seemed to really be enjoying what they were seeing. Reviews are going to be all over I think, but I see this game finding a great niche following. Even having put about 8 hours into the game now, I'm still finding myself getting my ass kicked if I'm not careful. This just showcases how intense the combat can be and how important strategy is as well.

Karak

I'm enjoying the game so far on PS4 but i can see it getting a lot of bad reviews for not being polish enough. Even with tecnical problems gameplay is fun ang game is a lot challenging on captain difficulty.

Captain Difficulty sounds so mundane to what it actually is.

A few people have posted impressions, including mine which sits a page back.

And you guys gotta give it more credit than Mars: War Logs. It's more focused than that game by miles.

pixlexic

Banned

It's ok. Not great but a good time filler .. It's more hack and slash than rpg.
I don't like the way you can switch can switch "jobs" I would have rather had to pick a job at the start.

Ps4 performance is horrible. If you have the option get it on PC.

I don't like the way you can switch can switch "jobs" I would have rather had to pick a job at the start.

Having played PC and PS4, not sure I agree with the term "horrible" not as smooth at times and fluctuating framerate. Yes. Horrible and un playabled. Not by any means. I wonder how the 360 and PS3 version perform then from this viewpoint.

Iron Creed, you have PS3 right? How is it treating you framerate wise?

Also just to show my appreciation for this game. Bought myself a retail version along with my review copies.

Gkkm7jy.jpg

It's not so much that you have 3 jobs and don't really select one, but that you have these 3 jobs that you have to use, it seems like. It's not, oh, just use one exclusively, no, you have to switch around to live.

But I'm only at the first village, so I might be wrong, hopefully.

pixlexic

Banned
Having played PC and PS4, not sure I agree with the term "horrible" not as smooth at times and fluctuating framerate. Yes. Horrible and un playabled. Not by any means. I wonder how the 360 and PS3 version perform then from this viewpoint.

Iron Creed, you have PS3 right? How is it treating you framerate wise?

Also just to show my appreciation for this game. Bought myself a retail version along with my review copies.

Gkkm7jy.jpg

N
I disagree it's very bad. It's not just going from 30 - 45. It's all over the place and with horrible stuttering.

Now I will admit to just coming off of dark souls 2 on PC with nonfaultering 60fps.so it may not be as bad for console only player who have been playing games like thief and Spider-Man .

N
I disagree it's very bad. It's not just going from 30 - 45. It's all over the place and with horrible stuttering.

Now I will admit to just coming off of dark souls 2 on PC with nonfaultering 60fps.so it may not be as bad for console only player who have been playing games like thief and Spider-Man .

I guess your refering to console peasants? I game on eveything including a high end PC. 60 FPS and smooth is nice. I still say from my personal standpoint it fluctuates a lot but I don't deem it terrible by any means. Different strokes for different folks.

pixlexic

Banned
I guess your refering to console peasants? I game on eveything including a high end PC. 60 FPS and smooth is nice. I still say from my personal standpoint it fluctuates a lot but I don't deem it terrible by any means. Different strokes for different folks.

Referring to string of bad performing consoles games in the past months.

I love consoles I want to play them which is why I bought this game for ps4.

Looks like it went up on steam early, along with an early retail release. Reviews are already up on steam. Given some of the criticism, its shady as fuck to make reviews available after release.

Looks like it went up on steam early, along with an early retail release. Reviews are already up on steam. Given some of the criticism, its shady as fuck to make reviews available after release.

From what I've gathered. It due to the release being the 9th over in Euro territories. Still sucks, but it is what it is.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
played it for about 2 hours its ok if your playing with a controller on pc it dosnt change the button lay outs itll still say hit tab and spacebar to do blah blah blah and the companion ai is pretty bad they like to just stand there and take a shit ton of damage but other then that the game is fun

played it for about 2 hours its ok if your playing with a controller on pc it dosnt change the button lay outs itll still say hit tab and spacebar to do blah blah blah and the companion ai is pretty bad they like to just stand there and take a shit ton of damage but other then that the game is fun

I used a xbox wired controller and they buttons appeared. Can't speak for other brands.

Top Bottom