• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars – Reforged launches September 19 (XBS, PS5, Switch, and PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Why couldn't we have had a NEW entry for a change instead of this
Because thats the times we live in. Devs and companies have figured out a way to milk money on boomers and millenials by doing very little work instead of crafting something new and charging absurd prices. Anyway, they are also making a new game but who knows when its coming

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Because thats the times we live in. Devs and companies have figured out a way to milk money on boomers and millenials by doing very little work instead of crafting something new and charging absurd prices. Anyway, they are also making a new game but who knows when its coming

Well that's something at least...all hope is not lost...

emivita

Broken Sword 5 was good, but for some reason I have bad feelings about this one. Better keep my expectations low.

BS1 original version with ScummVM still looks good to me. I replayed the entire quintology last year, so I don't feel like playing the same old game but prettier, for the billionth time.

I don't think Reforged will sell any good. Do adventure games even sell anymore? The most recently released adventure game I've played was Gabriel Knight 1 remake in 2014, but unfortunately it sold poorly. That was a real pity, because the remake was fantastic. The good old times are gone.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Broken Sword 5 was good, but for some reason I have bad feelings about this one. Better keep my expectations low.

BS1 original version with ScummVM still looks good to me. I replayed the entire quintology last year, so I don't feel like playing the same old game but prettier, for the billionth time.

I don't think Reforged will sell any good. Do adventure games even sell anymore? The most recently released adventure game I've played was Gabriel Knight 1 remake in 2014, but unfortunately it sold poorly. That was a real pity, because the remake was fantastic. The good old times are gone.

They dont. This one sold well enough and Im guessing the last Monkey Island as well

Other than these two, nothing remarkable that I can remember. I liked the last two Larry games but based on the reviews they sold kinda poorly. No idea why every startup dev goes for the cringe haha funny story point and click nostalgia bait instead of making a serious one like with a few jokes here and there. Games like Still Life, The Longest Journey, etc. seem to be forgotten.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
What's with all of these new games not being sold physically right away: Age of Mythology, Plucky Squire, Dead Rising Remaster, Broken Sword Reforged? All of these either have no date or are next year. Methinks they want everyone who wants these games to double-dip.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

What's with all of these new games not being sold physically right away: Age of Mythology, Plucky Squire, Dear Rising Remaster, Broken Sword Reforged? All of these either have no date or are next year. Methinks they want everyone who wants these games to double-dip.
It’s £24.95 on TGC, but no release date. The double dip theory, both in double-purchases and two stabs at exposure I can see happening.

At least they’re not hiding the PS5 version until it releases.

Shows off the controller UI (don’t know if they support USB mouse too), original/reforged graphics switching. Only standout disappointment is the audible lack of voiceover improvement, despite the claimed improvements by Charles.

Last edited:

I REALLY liked Stasis: Bone Totem and that seems to have sold pretty shitty too.

Love Broken Sword back in the day. So cool looking.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt was saying about pre-rendered backgrounds in another thread and this is one game that always had beautiful ones.

I do play Point And Click Adventures. Some of the best prerendered backgrounds I seen is from this game called Silence which was made by Daedalic Entertainment. Too bad that Gollum game ended up bankrupting the company. They should have stuck with what they were good at

As for Broken Sword, I'm looking forward to playing that

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Price is a little much I agree.

Do we know if switch version will be native res ?
VSVBHsn.jpeg

Big Sean Omg GIF

Rivdoric

Very excited about this one.
Price on Steam yet unknown but higher than 30 € would be clearly OP though.

Last edited:

Just_one

Up on PSN for $29.99

Score! Much better than 40! Can’t wait to dive in after work

Trophies

CtPNETH.jpeg

I need that plat 😂🤣😂🤣
yeah imn getting it now for that price!!

hopefully they remaster 2 aswell

RAIDEN1

How come when it comes to Sony's machines it is only available on PS5 and not 4, yet on Xbox it will work on both Xbox One and Series X?

Hookshot

Gold Member
Didn't know this was being remade, used to love the genre but then I got to "Discworld" and having never read the books needed a guide which took the fun out and I dropped off of them. (other than the episodic Monkey Island)

CyberCali

Staff Member
Please move the discussion in the Review Thread / OT of the game. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom