• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

I can't decide who to sphere frog next. I already did Zelnite, Darvanshel, and Ulkina. Could do Ultor, Elza or Grah. Or I could save it for Maxwell.

desverger

I didn't even realize the halloween dungeon required a 5* Ciara :p

I got her when pulling for Ultor and evolved her back then, and only just recently put her in my squad.

That final boss in the dungeon is kind of gnarly though. Doubt I'll be able to beat it, since I only have two 5* units so far lol.

edit: Uhhh 10/60 cursed bones for the Hallowed Skull. Drop rate doesn't seem great.

broz0rs

I didn't even realize the halloween dungeon required a 5* Ciara :p

I got her when pulling for Ultor and evolved her back then, and only just recently put her in my squad.

That final boss in the dungeon is kind of gnarly though. Doubt I'll be able to beat it, since I only have two 5* units so far lol.

edit: Uhhh 10/60 cursed bones for the Hallowed Skull. Drop rate doesn't seem great.

that final boss of lv.4 is not a cakewalk by any means and I think you're going to need a few 6* to beat it.

For bones, just farm them at the lv.1 dungeon because the drop rate is the same in all levels and it's lower energy.

Phades

I am very disappointed. I got Ciara out of the door. I try to run the Halloween mission and whoops, requires a 5* Ciara minimum. No problem I will evolve. Whoops again I have no fire totem. The Halloween event ends wednesday. What the hell Gumi?

It was like this the last time around too, then they extended everything. The event coordinators leave something to be desired.

Although they announced a SMP sometime soon and a light/dark totem event as well... No idea if "soon" means by tomorrow or not...

Corgi

Banned
easy peasey too.

didn't even bother using maxwell bomb lol. Got all these new units recently, why not put them to use?

Ultor works quite well here, because magress does mostly single target hits.

broz0rs

after players complaining to the smithereens about Ciara and Semira, looks like they will be getting buffs. (source: /r/bravefrontier)

Ciara:
BB10 - 250% and ATK Buff of 95%, but note that the ATK buff does not apply on Ciara's BB. 22 BC
SBB10 - 420% and ATK Buff of 110% also does not apply to herself, and the DEF ignore is now 2 turns and applies on her own SBB. 42 BC
Semira:
BB10 - 250%, 20 BC
SBB10 - 370%, 38 BC
Also their BB/SBB costs got rescaled so that increasing BB levels do not increase in BC cost.

Since I never could pull a Michele, Ciara is a good substitute for her. I don't get the fire buff, but that 420% sbb modifier. Will raise her asap for FH.

Ushii's video also has Ciara's LS applies to light and dark units. I guess its a bug?

desverger

after players complaining to the smithereens about Ciara and Semira, looks like they will be getting buffs. (source: /r/bravefrontier)

Those are some very nice buffs. Definitely going to use her as my leader now.

I never could farm enough bones for the halloween item, since I've been busy and it's probably way too late now, but maybe I should get those two fire bulbs so I can eventually evolve my Ciara to 6*.

Those are some very nice buffs. Definitely going to use her as my leader now.

I never could farm enough bones for the halloween item, since I've been busy and it's probably way too late now, but maybe I should get those two fire bulbs so I can eventually evolve my Ciara to 6*.

The best place to farm the bones is in the level 1 mission which only costs 10 energy/run. You could easily get 3x the number of bones you need just today if you had to.

desverger

The best place to farm the bones is in the level 1 mission which only costs 10 energy/run. You could easily get 3x the number of bones you need just today if you had to.

Perhaps I was a little too hasty in judging the droprate, I did the 3rd mission with a Zelnite pal and got 5 bones, and then I did the first and got none.

I'll give it an another try then, and see how close I get. Would be nice to have that item for sure.

Also, seems like honor rates are up again, so it's a good time as any to farm easy missions!

Now that we are dropped below "Days remaining" into "hours remaining" it does look like the Halloween event will have about a 6 hour crossover with the Totem dungeon.

Since I have everything else I need I should still be able to get the Sinister Orb when all is said and done.

chrono01

I farmed the first stage for bones using my Zelnite. On average, I got between 6-8 each run, so it didn't take too long at all [I now have both Halloween spheres crafted!].

Xetherion

Question for someone that likes to do math: on a OTK squad with Maxwell leader, Kuda, Elza, and Kajah, who would add more total 1st turn damage, Zephyr or another Kajah?

Corgi

Banned
Question for someone that likes to do math: on a OTK squad with Maxwell leader, Kuda, Elza, and Kajah, who would add more total 1st turn damage, Zephyr or another Kajah?
probably kajah. Not even sure zephyr's sbb attack up stacks with kuda's.

Also there really isn't an ideal OTK for maxwell party. replace your other guys besides kuda for weakness will definitely do the most damage.

Xetherion

probably kajah. Not even sure zephyr's sbb attack up stacks with kuda's.

Also there really isn't an ideal OTK for maxwell party. replace your other guys besides kuda for weakness will definitely do the most damage.

Zephyr's Dark Atk boost does stack with regular Atk boosts like Kuda's. It also stacks with Ores (I know because i've done this with Grybe's). I'm not trying to get an ideal OTK maxwell party, just trying to decide whether to fuse my 2 Kajah dupes or keep them. If there is someday a unit that gives triple buff of crit, spark and atk then I could end up using all 3 Kajahs in a party. Besides, this Dark variant Maxwell party would be the ideal one against Light types.

lordcyno

Should be Kajah. Zephyr attack boost is additive and you'd probably use him 3rd in your sbb order so his buff would only apply to him and Kajah for the first turn. At least that's how I think it works.

Xetherion

Should be Kajah. Zephyr attack boost is additive and you'd probably use him 3rd in your sbb order so his buff would only apply to him and Kajah for the first turn. At least that's how I think it works.

According to one of the mods on reddit spark buffs can apply to hits from attack that started before them, so I could actually use Zephyr 2nd after Kuda and Elza 3rd. Not sure if that's enough to make a difference?

lordcyno

According to one of the mods on reddit spark buffs can apply to hits from attack that started before them, so I could actually use Zephyr 2nd after Kuda and Elza 3rd. Not sure if that's enough to make a difference?

Simplified comparison using base lord stats and no multipliers and not including Kuda's 100% attack buff or spheres

With Zephyr
Zephyr - 1850 attack, 430% sbb + 40% dark 470%
Elza - 2083 attack, 450% sbb + 40% dark 490%
Kajah - 2232 attack, 720% sbb + 40% dark 760%

2 Kajah
Elza - 2083 attack, 450% sbb
Kajah - 2232 attack, 720% sbb

Zephyr does add a defense ignore buff which we can't really calculate which would also apply to both maxwells

Corgi

Banned
it would make no real difference because it would be overkill on any light boss that isn't crit immune either way lol.

Xetherion

Simplified comparison using base lord stats and no multipliers and not including Kuda's 100% attack buff or spheres

With Zephyr
Zephyr - 1850 attack, 430% sbb + 40% dark 470%
Elza - 2083 attack, 450% sbb + 40% dark 490%
Kajah - 2232 attack, 720% sbb + 40% dark 760%

2 Kajah
Elza - 2083 attack, 450% sbb

Zephyr does add a defense ignore buff which we can't really calculate which would also apply to both maxwells
The 2 Kajah scenario wins by like 6k damage. Good to know, definitely keeping at least one of my dupes.

desverger

I farmed the first stage for bones using my Zelnite. On average, I got between 6-8 each run, so it didn't take too long at all [I now have both Halloween spheres crafted!].

Zelnite is too OP though lol. Wish I had him. I get an average of 0-1 bones when I run the first stage without a Zel, and it's about 6-8 when I use your Zelnite as a buddy.

Too bad I can only use it every 3 hours or I'd have this sphere in the bag already!

6 hours left and 9 bones to go. This is gonna be close.

chrono01

Zelnite is too OP though lol. Wish I had him. I get an average of 0-1 bones when I run the first stage without a Zel, and it's about 6-8 when I use your Zelnite as a buddy.

Too bad I can only use it every 3 hours or I'd have this sphere in the bag already!

6 hours left and 9 bones to go. This is gonna be close.
Haha, yea. I guess it's easy to forget how item drops can be when you're used to running with a Zelnite. :/

I wish you luck!

desverger

Haha, yea. I guess it's easy to forget how item drops can be when you're used to running with a Zelnite. :/

I wish you luck!

Thanks! Managed to get the bones by farming the second stage, which seemed to consistently drop at least 2 cursed bones for me. 2,5 hours left, so I had some room for bad RNG.

I couldn't get the friend list to refresh the support units though, which was weird. Pretty sure I waited for over 4 hours and restarted the app. Maybe it's more, or maybe it's random. I'm not sure.

Now I just need 1 honor bone as a friend gift to be able to make the Hallowed Skull. Maybe someone is kind enough to gift one for me later :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I wish you luck!

Zelnite is almost unusable for day to day questing. He gets too much crap and clogs up my item box.

Shouta

True but I hate having to go sell items every time, lol.

Maybe I should clear everything but items and orbs out then go questing

desverger

I have my Ciara ready to evolve as well. Evolved a bat mimic for it and even went to punk the miracle totem.

Not sure if I should pull the trigger just yet though.. The cost is huge, I'm only lv51 so that'd be 27 out of 77 and I'd have to use some rubbish units with her :p

Then again, in only four levels I'll be able to field 4 units with a cost of 13 with her. Heck, maybe I should just go for it. Could clear a lot of box room since I have about 10 burst frogs sitting about.

broz0rs

Ultor team in Arena is just so OP. Strategy is typically kill 2-3 (4 can happen but extremely rare) in first turn. The other team will be lucky to kill 1 because of defense buff (unlike Zurg teams). 2nd turn can finish the rest off even without BB if there's 2-3 remaining. Also using light units increases the odds because the current meta encourages everybody to use dark units. Never felt so worry free about losing cause of RNG in Arena until now lol

Corgi

Banned
Ultor team in Arena is just so OP. Strategy is typically kill 2-3 (4 can happen but extremely rare) in first turn. The other team will be lucky to kill 1 because of defense buff (unlike Zurg teams). 2nd turn can finish the rest off even without BB if there's 2-3 remaining. Also using light units increases the odds because the current meta encourages everybody to use dark units. Never felt so worry free about losing cause of RNG in Arena until now lol

does this work without amajaiofjewoajfo spheres or murmasa or other 1st turn attack boosts?

chrono01

Thanks! Managed to get the bones by farming the second stage, which seemed to consistently drop at least 2 cursed bones for me. 2,5 hours left, so I had some room for bad RNG.

I couldn't get the friend list to refresh the support units though, which was weird. Pretty sure I waited for over 4 hours and restarted the app. Maybe it's more, or maybe it's random. I'm not sure.

Now I just need 1 honor bone as a friend gift to be able to make the Hallowed Skull. Maybe someone is kind enough to gift one for me later :p
I always gift what people ask for. So no worries there!

Zelnite is almost unusable for day to day questing. He gets too much crap and clogs up my item box.
It can get irritating. :/

Xetherion

does this work without amajaiofjewoajfo spheres or murmasa or other 1st turn attack boosts?

Yes, though YMMV. My arena Squad is, in order from top to bottom:

Kuhla (Medulla),
Elza (Medulla, Omni Gizmo),
Ultor (Providence Ring),
Melchio (Hallowed Skull),
Grybe (Sinister Orb).

Kuhla is 5* because I don't have enough Cost for a full 6* squad yet. Will replace her with Zelnite once I do. I almost always get at least 1 kill on turn 1, frequently 2, sometimes 3, very rarely 4. I've had 0 kills on turn 1 only twice so far (when everyone attacked a different enemy and nobody hit a weak element). Still won those battles anyway. I have never lost with this squad yet, though I've had 2 close battles where Ultor was the last one left on my squad. Those 2 close battles were due to no one on my team except Ultor using their BB on turn 2 despite having full gauges, and the one enemy that lived past my turn 2 wiped everyone but Ultor with their BB.

chrono01

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna sell every item I have other than honor ones then finish up questing lol.
I've cleared out my Item Box a lot too, only focusing on keeping the essential/hard-to-get items. The other stuff I can just farm later if I need to and, with a Zelnite, it won't take long at all.

I'm almost tempted to blow 5 Magic Gems and just increase my Item Box Capacity a couple more times, but I'd rather save that for an increase in Unit Capacity or a summon.

broz0rs

I only equip amanohadokens on two of my guys, the others I have Halloween spheres and Lexida. Personally speaking, I think amanos have amazing synergy with Ultor's leader skill, better than Halloweens/Lexida, but I still prefer to see everyone with BB charged by 2nd turn. Equipping a team with five amanos don't always get that result.

Corgi

Banned
yeah, i've been doing fine with,

zelnite
kuda
elza (lead)
deemo (lexida)
maxwell

with various stat spheres.

haven't had much trouble in arena unless they just don't bb for random reason

Ultor's defense buff does practically nothing. If they aren't killing you it's not because of his buff, it's because of their relative attack vs. your relative defense base, or the fact that you killed a couple units.

The best defense units in the game take ~300 less damage due to Ultor's defense buff. That's nothing.

I think Ultor is highly overrated. With the stat inflation of recent units, you can take any 5 good arena units, slap them together, and you get a > 95% win rate.

If the Ultor party focus fires on the first turn, it has a chance to lose. The only thing that makes people lose is REALLY bad luck, and Ultor has that factor too, just in a different way.

lordcyno

Really regret not taking arena as seriously when you could see ABP since the spheres at the top are pretty powerful compared to the normal ones you get from like FH.

Corgi

Banned
Game seriously needs content/difficulty bump.

I have zero reason or motivation to farm imps or sphere mat because... well I don't need them for anything.

Top Bottom