• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

Only thunder units allowed. There's an isolated ranking system. Various ranks will earn you different rewards. Highest rank gets you an exclusive unit. Which you'll need miracle bulb and thunder bulb to evolve.

Source: reddit

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
so what is this 'thunder arena' thing and why should I care?

have like 2 thunder units :X

They had a fire vortex a few months ago. You get some stuff out of it, but nothing I ever actually used. If you don't have a thunder team ready, I wouldn't bother.

Corgi

Banned
yeah, dont have many thunder units leveled because honestly don't think many are any good.

rowgen, exvhel. Thats it.

Don't even find Uda useful now that current meta can sustain SBB easily without much help.

Kreed

so what is this 'thunder arena' thing and why should I care?

have like 2 thunder units :X

Were you playing when the Fire Arena was around? A couple of months back Gumi ran a Fire Arena event where you could only use fire units in order to get prizes (spheres useful for fire units and their exclusive fire unit).

While it "sounds" nice, this arena was one of the most glitchy events Gumi ever put out. In fact, they actually tried releasing the Thunder Arena right after the Fire Arena, but it was so glitchy they stopped the entire event to fix the issues (I honestly thought they gave up on it).

In addition, while some prizes like the exclusive unit are rewarded based on rank, other prizes were only awarded based on how well you rank with other players, with brackets based on level (unique spheres for fire types, Crystal Gods, the bulb you need to evolve the exclusive unit, etc...). With orbs refilling every 30 minutes like the regular arenas, players who use gems to refill their orbs will have a much better chance of getting these prizes than others.

Gumi has been making their exclusive units and spheres better as of late, so it "may" be worth trying the arena but I wouldn't worry about it/it will probably be better to focus on other content.

Corgi

Banned
I'm pretty much on idle for this until there is enough new stuff or units for me to poke around again.

ultor
melchio
rowgen
ulkina
kuda
elza
maxwell
exvhel
darvanshel
zelnite
lily matah
grah
rydn
eltri
grah
lilith
michele
dual sgx

are my units maxed lvl and sbb.

working on semira sbb atm for trial 4, but I feel like i'm pretty much set for a while.

TimeKillr

frontier hunter 9 starts tonight at 21:00

Alright, I think I have a good squad for this -

Zelnite lead + Elza + Grahdens (for light/dark buff) + Lucca (for earth + lightning buff) + Fiora (for fire + water buff). With this, I have all 5 elements covered on every fight, and Zelnite + Elza make for super easy BB spam (and they both have pretty high hit counts) so hopefully I can make a shitton of points and finally get some of the harder to get stuff (I'd love a Legwand, for example). The only thing I could change is maybe Zelnite for Melchio and use Elza as my leader so if there's a big 6-7 spawn on the first turn I can use a Fujin on Melchio and abuse elemental weaknesses like it's nobody's business.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it'd work and I should be able to rack in points by abusing elemental weaknesses like crazy.

Shouta

Frontier starts tonight? Excellent.

Gonna use Aneils and Melchio in my squads for their rainbow BB/SBBs and get as many weakness bonuses as I can, lol

broz0rs

Don't know how accurate this is, but here's a sneak peak at the new Terminus level of FH:

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/FH:Season9

-----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Thunder Vortex, Gumi's original implementation of it was an absolute disaster. Nothing in the game worked for a few days so Gumi ended up cancelling it.

I think the three strongest and useful units for the Thunder Vortex will be Uda, Grybe, and Orna.

I only have Uda, but a 2nd turn BB from him (or most of the newer units) is all it takes to win. I actually got all the prizes from the Fire Vortex a month after I started the game just because I had a Farlon on my team lol

desverger

Regarding Thunder Vortex, Gumi's original implementation of it was an absolute disaster. Nothing in the game worked for a few days so Gumi ended up cancelling it.

I think the three strongest and useful units for the Thunder Vortex will be Uda, Grybe, and Orna.

I only have Uda, but a 2nd turn BB from him (or most of the newer units) is all it takes to win. I actually got all the prizes from the Fire Vortex a month after I started the game just because I had a Farlon on my team lol

Orna is definitely a strong unit, seeing as she can be 6-starred these days. She also a nice crit buff on her SBB.

Xetherion

The only one of those 3 i have is Grybe, but he is maxed out Breaker type. Already use him in my regular arena team. I also have a Bran (B) that i just evolved to 6*, just need to get his level and BB up. Have a 5* Rina (B) waiting to evolve too, she'll probably be my Leader. I can use my maxed Rowgen (G) too i guess, might be decent with a Black Lance or Lexida. No good options for my 5th unit though, only other Thunder units I have are Exvehl BB2, Garnan BB1, or Rashil BB2.

Shouta

I should get my Thunder team ready. i don't want to use Rowgen since he's single target but I need one more or two more units to fill my group out. I've got these at 6 star and max-leveled.

Uda (Breaker)
Grybe (Anima)
Rashil (Guardian)
Lodin (Lord)

Then Rina, Orna, Exvehl, Bran at 4 stars.

I got Uda, Exvehl, Lodin, Rina and Ronel. Only Rina and Ronel don't have SBB. Will raise their bb after SMP. Also got a a Gyrbe at 6 star, not maxed and no sbb on him either. Have a Garnan at 4 star and Rowgen at 5 star. Not really planning to level either of them for arena.

When the fire arena happened, my strongest fire unit was Lava. Couldn't climb with her. Now I'm prepared to get Cerise.

Shouta

Ripped through The first 3 or so stages of FH but the 3rd one didn't give me many monsters to rack up the points quick. Woof. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Aneil and Melchio really rack up the weakness bonus and Ciara seems to be decent as a leader if I don't have a Maxwell friend, lol.

broz0rs

I double Maxwell cheesed to 1.5 mil at Terminus. I didn't know what to do during the first round and had to use two revives lol. After that it was pretty easy to bb spam the rest of the way. I used up all my Fujins at round 6 because round five is a single target.

Kreed

Tried a double Maxwell + Kuda team without mitigation for Terminus but I got murdered by Loch's God Piercing move after I one turn KOed the other three members. I'll try to swap out Douglas for Zelban to make this work otherwise I'll have to bring in Oulu.

I got 1.8 million with 2x Maxwell, Duel-SGX, Darvanshel, Elza, and Lucca.

I think I'm going to swap out Darvanshel for Fiora and see if I can get a better score, since the team as-is one rounded everyone but Zelnite, and Zelnite takes a few rounds to ramp up.

Xetherion

I cleared Terminus with 2x Ultor, Darvanshel, Ulkina, Zelnite, and Kuhla. Only scored 837k though. Will have to try Ultor + Maxwell next.

Kreed

Managed to clear Terminus thanks to swapping in Zelban for Douglas, but I didn't get a lot of critical hits so my score suffered a lot. I may try Michele and Duel-GX over Kuda and Luther see how well that works.

Loch is seriously pissing me off with my secondary account.

I simply can't figure out what triggers god piercing, and that thing is a team wipe with no mitigation unit.

She obviously uses it if you wipe out all 3 others, but she sometimes uses it with others still up too. And I can't figure out why, there is no obvious trigger.

1.5mil terminus.

maxwell
darvanshel
zelnite
dual sgx
elza
maxwell

saving your fujin's is the key.
I ran a similiar team, but switch out Elza for Douglas, to take care of Loch. Did you run Amano or Legwand on your Maxwell?

Trying Zelban and switching out Darvanshell and see if I fare any better or maybe Lucina?
Been experimenting with different teams. The selfish god wiped me twice lol. Should have guarded on the ouch text, but I critted him. 3 members of my team died instantly.

Corgi

Banned
maxwell (legwand, havoc)
darvanshel (dandelga, evil shard)
zelnite (providence ring)
dual sgx (medulla)
elza (legwand)
maxwell don't remember.

Xetherion

Loch is seriously pissing me off with my secondary account.

I simply can't figure out what triggers god piercing, and that thing is a team wipe with no mitigation unit.

She obviously uses it if you wipe out all 3 others, but she sometimes uses it with others still up too. And I can't figure out why, there is no obvious trigger.

The pattern is the 4 enemies are having an archery contest. Lario uses BB first, Mila second, Sola third, then Loch fourth. If you kill one before they use BB, it skips to the next. So if you kill Lario 1st turn, Mila will use her BB. Loch will use God Piercing on 4th turn unless you kill one or more of the others and lead him to do it sooner. After God Piercing turn all enemies left alive will start spamming BB.

I got my Legwand with 2x Zelnite, Darvanshel, Elza, Exvehl, and Fiora. Scored 1.47 mil

Zelban actually got me a lower score. Gonna try Ciara as replacement.

Zelnite + Elza friend got me 1.76 mill. Already had an Elza in my party.

My experience with my phone(which I only tinker with so has no where near the units my main account does) tells me the best way to beat the Loch fight is to make sure you leave both Loch and Lario up after the first round but kill the other two, heal up and guard the second round, then kill them at your leisure after that.

The other two guys have attacks which are almost as damaging as God Piercing are, they are just so much easier to kill most people don't know it.

Once I did that I cruised to the imp level of points, which is pretty good for an account that doesn't have enough cost to use 5 six star units.

TimeKillr

My first Legwand!

My Terminus team was

Zelnite lead
Elza
Darvanshel
Melchio
Grahdens
friend Zelnite

It was pretty simple, really - mitigate every single turn with Darvanshel (and if he didn't have his BB, I used the Zelnites to boost it). If there are Light units, use Grahdens first for the attribute, then go to town!

With mitigation Loch really didn't give me any trouble, and double Zelnites means there's waaay more HC than I need, so I'm always full.

I lost my Grahdens (and all my revives!) at the 6th fight and ran out of Revives but I still managed to kill Zelnite and score 1.5mil points so I'm happy! Zelnite scared the shit out of me though with his BB-stealing attack, but I guarded at the right times and it's all good.

Got a lower score even with Ciara lol. Even double Maxwell didn't score that great for me. Back to Zelnite and taking out Ciara for Duel-SGX.

TimeKillr

Finally! FINALLY!

There's an event right now for BB support units, including Lily Matah and others.

I'm like.. well.. I have a summon ticket... I really, *really* want a Lily Matah...

I pull once - Rowgen (Breaker too!). I already have a Lord Rowgen at SBB10, but I'll keep this one. 2 Rowgens together is going to be very explosive and they can easily spark off each other if I place them properly, which is going to be insane.

Then I go okay.. I'll just pull a second time and that'll be it, I don't want to buy gems and I'm at 32, so I'll go easy.

Pulled an anima Lilly Matah! I'm so stupidly happy, this really starts off my week nicely. The last event that had Lilly Matah in it I spent over 100 gems trying to get her and ended up with everything else in the event except her. At least now I can finally build much stronger boss killing teams. She makes a lot of content much easier for BB-spam and I don't have to rely on someone else's Lilly that won't be maxed!

Kreed

lol i have 2 thunder units total with multi target bb's.

im so fucked for thunder arena!

Many players were putting up Thief Leons, Totems, and Fire Pots to fill up team spots for Fire Arena, so you could be fine with a couple of free filler units like Weiss or Raiden with good spheres.

Still, we already know the thunder unit isn't worth much effort unless they give her a great 6 star upgrade.

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Vorpal_Wing_Cerise

desverger

Pulled an anima Lilly Matah! I'm so stupidly happy, this really starts off my week nicely. The last event that had Lilly Matah in it I spent over 100 gems trying to get her and ended up with everything else in the event except her. At least now I can finally build much stronger boss killing teams. She makes a lot of content much easier for BB-spam and I don't have to rely on someone else's Lilly that won't be maxed!

Congrats! I'm still debating if I should be pulling anything during this event.. There's a Zelnite for sure, and possibly a Darvanshel, but I dunno. Something tells me I might not have your luck :p

So I finally evolved pretty much everyone in my roster, except for 2 out of 4 Mikus.

Should I fuse them all for BB level up, or hold onto them?
Is there any point in using more than one of the same unit in a single team?

TimeKillr

Congrats! I'm still debating if I should be pulling anything during this event.. There's a Zelnite for sure, and possibly a Darvanshel, but I dunno. Something tells me I might not have your luck :p

I've read on Reddit that the event is a trap, since there's a *lot* of BB Sustain units - I think I was just super lucky this morning.

Here's a list of units that have BB LS: Narza, Zelnite, Orna, Dia, Phee, Lilly Matah, Elza, Uda, Felneus, Duelmex, Lodin, Lucca, Zellha, Kuda, Ardin, Bordebegia, Ulkina, Faris to list a few. This rate up is a trap, too many units with rate ups = low low chance to get what you actually want. Just my advice though.

And that's to name a few! Apparently the Dragon batch, which will be next, is much better than this.

It really depends on the unit but for the most part the only units you want multiples of are high damage, high BC gen units. Stuff like Zelnite, Elza, or Lilith are useful in multiples.

Corgi

Banned
So I finally evolved pretty much everyone in my roster, except for 2 out of 4 Mikus.

depends on the unit. maxwell is quite a bit easier with 2 rowgens/lilith for example.

Kreed

It depends on the BB ability and the situation. Having two Mitigation units for example can be extremely useful for a lot of content even if they are the same. However unless you are F2P and don't have a lot of options for high hit count spam teams and/or not a lot of Earth Units for the eventual Earth Vortex/Arena, I wouldn't keep multiple Miku.

TimeKillr

It depends on the BB ability and the situation. Having two Mitigation units for example can be extremely useful for a lot of content even if they are the same. However unless you are F2P and don't have a lot of options for high hit count spam teams and/or not a lot of Earth Units for the eventual Earth Vortex/Arena, I wouldn't keep multiple Miku.

The one advantage to multiples of a unit is very easy sparking, which is really useful with certain builds.

Multiple Miku would be useful for a high hit count BB spam team if you're F2P - 27 hits on her BB is pretty good, but the buff only is applied once, so you'd lose out on that. It's still pretty good when doing Metal vortexes, though.

I have 4 Zelnites, so I'm eventually planning on making a team of 4 Zelnites + Elza and pop Elza then all 4 Zelnites and watch the spark damage overwhelm, but typically it's not something you can do unless you pulled too much :)

I also have 5 Micheles, which I really don't need (hell even one is kinda useless now) so I won't keep all 5 (I also have 4 Grybes, which are all useless) but Miku I would probably keep, actually, especially if you're F2P and you don't have access to other high hit count BBs. If you have better units, though, then yeah, keep one (preferably an Anima one) and get rid of all the others (use them to level your BB from 7 to 10, which would be their perfect usage).

depends on the unit. maxwell is quite a bit easier with 2 rowgens/lilith for example.

God, a team with Zelnite lead + Ulkina + Darvanshel + 2 Rowgen + friend Grahdens would most likely destroy Maxwell quite easily, I can imagine... That's a *lot* of damage and if you can spark them off each other you've pretty much won and you generate a lot of BC (Rowgen has 30 drop checks on his SBB, which is the same as Elza) so you should be good. I can actually build that team... Hmmm.. :)

I think I'll still go with the safer route and go lead Lilly + Darvanshel + Ulkina + Rowgen + Zelnite + friend Grah. Lilly will boost up my BC quite a bit more, Zelnite for BB-gauge manipulation in tough spots, Rowgen for super damage... Should work well. All the members save Lilly that I got this morning are all SBB10, so it would most likely be doable.

Xetherion

I just got my Lilly to SBB10 lol. Oh well congrats on the great pull!

Top Bottom