• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

garath

So my level 60 red hood ciara is a breaker but the new level 1 one I got is an Anima. I read that is the best type. Should I retire the 60 ciara and level up the Anima one? Or does it not matter quite that much?

So my level 60 red hood ciara is a breaker but the new level 1 one I got is an Anima. I read that is the best type. Should I retire the 60 ciara and level up the Anima one? Or does it not matter quite that much?

If you've really only leveled Ciara and not evolved her, then absolutely I would start over with the Anima one.

Type doesn't matter too much, but Anima is definitely worth it if you can get it.

If they ever make Recovery do something worthwhile Anima will come back to the pack, but as is Anima gives you something for nothing.

broz0rs

In my playing experience, there's been two top notch units (Ciara and Tridon) that I've fully levelled and got SBB10, but refrained from getting double spheres because it wasn't Anima type. They were both Guardian type.

I ended up rolling dupe Anima types for both units and consequently decided to level those and have them replace the Guardian ones, as well as give them sphere frogs. So if I were you, I'd totally stop levelling the Breaker type and level the Anima type instead.

Corgi

Banned
so I originally had a oracle rowgen. got it to 6* and SBB10.

Then I pulled an anima... got that to 6*... then hit the super rare feature of it switching types during evolution. Became a breaker. Got that to SBB10.

Then last week i got another anima rowgen. Haven't touched it yet.

garath

If you've really only leveled Ciara and not evolved her, then absolutely I would start over with the Anima one.

Type doesn't matter too much, but Anima is definitely worth it if you can get it.

If they ever make Recovery do something worthwhile Anima will come back to the pack, but as is Anima gives you something for nothing.

In my playing experience, there's been two top notch units (Ciara and Tridon) that I've fully levelled and got SBB10, but refrained from getting double spheres because it wasn't Anima type. They were both Guardian type.

I ended up rolling dupe Anima types for both units and consequently decided to level those and have them replace the Guardian ones, as well as give them sphere frogs. So if I were you, I'd totally stop levelling the Breaker type and level the Anima type instead.

Done. Thanks to this honor summon event it has been easy to get my chars up to 60. Leveled up the anima ciara. Now just waiting on the daily dungeons to evlove her. Thanks guys :)

desverger

Done. Thanks to this honor summon event it has been easy to get my chars up to 60. Leveled up the anima ciara. Now just waiting on the daily dungeons to evlove her. Thanks guys :)

If you wonder what the typing actually affects, it basically improves one stat at the expense of other. For example, Anima typing gives your unit HP, while reducing REC, which is considered to be pretty much an useless stat. REC only affects recovery strength, which I guess is only how much hp you regain from heart crystals.

Here's what the typings do:
Lord: Balanced
Anima: +HP, -REC
Breaker: +ATK, -DEF
Guardian: +DEF, -ATK
Oracle: -HP, +REC

I believe the difference in stats is like 10%, when compared to Lord? So an Anima type would have 10% more HP than a lord but 10% worse REC.

Personally I haven't paid too much attention to the typing, my Ultor is a Guardian type and is double sphered - but still manages to have over 3k ATK with a Medulla Gem.

If you're just starting out, I wouldn't refrain from leveling an unit that has the "wrong" type, but in case you manage to get multiples - which is pretty rare - then it's a good idea to have a look at the types.

Kreed

If you wonder what the typing actually affects, it basically improves one stat at the expense of other. For example, Anima typing gives your unit HP, while reducing REC, which is considered to be pretty much an useless stat. REC only affects recovery strength, which I guess is only how much hp you regain from heart crystals.

REC also affects healing items and abilities. So a regular Cure on a unit with shit REC will barely heal it. So you usually don't want Anima typing on a unit with a bad REC stat.

However, because of Alim introducing units with flat number healing abilities like Selena's 7 star form, even this is becoming less of an issue.

Hmm. Damn. I just got 5 more gems but the min 4 star summon is over :( probably not worth rolling in the current one?

The current Soul Bound Saga units in the Honor Summon are good (Tridon > Ultor > Hadaron (now buffed)). If you pull them, you will need their exclusive evolution material you can only get in their individual Vortex dungeons (the dungeons are currently running now, and I'd recommend getting the evolution material for all three in case you summon them in the future).

desverger

oh yeah, nicoga3000 or who was the guy that pulled an anima triton. Go get that fusion mat :p

Heh, I had huge issues getting that evo mat when I pulled Tridon originally. Just couldn't do stage 3 at all and had to use ores and seals like madman on stage 2.

I just went and demolished stage 3 with Ultor lead lol. He just didn't care about being weak to water and tanked Hydralol like a boss. Orna also helped immensely with the crit SBB.

Damn that felt good :p

garath

Got a holy treasures yujeh. Doesn't seem to spectacular but I could be wrong.

I tried to get one of the evo materials. Couldn't beat the last boss. Looks like I have a ways to go to get stronger lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lol, very nice!

GL with the evo dungeons! If you can't complete stage 3, stage 2 still has a low chance for a cap, it's what I grinded the first time around.

I need a Rowgen apparently to help clear it easier. Stage 2 is rough because Hydraloid just does WORK holy shit.

Can't even complete the first stage of the evo battles. Just getting rekt by the final boss. I probably need to level up a couple of my units to six stars before I can consider it. Also super honor summons and the elemental heroes vortex dungeons means I have so many burst frogs clogging up my inventory.

garath

Can't even complete the first stage of the evo battles. Just getting rekt by the final boss. I probably need to level up a couple of my units to six stars before I can consider it. Also super honor summons and the elemental heroes vortex dungeons means I have so many burst frogs clogging up my inventory.

Ditto. Burst frogs all over the place :( don't know what to do with them all. Gotta evo my 4* into 5s asap. Gonna work on that this week.

broz0rs

PSA regarding Tridon and Ultor is they're most likely getting nerfed soon. It was announced on the Gumi Twitch channel a week or two ago. I'd still roll for them because their Brave Bursts are just so unique and useful imo.

garath

So how do I craft the better spheres? I see people lower rank than me with medulla gems. Is there a weekly dungeon for the pieces or something?

I google searched but didn't find a lot of great info about it.

Corgi

Banned
So how do I craft the better spheres? I see people lower rank than me with medulla gems. Is there a weekly dungeon for the pieces or something?

medulla crafting requires mats that aren't in global yet. people have medullas from doing frontier hunter which give them as rewards.

Man, any tips for Hydraloid? I can't beat him on stage 2.

whats your current party? What part of the fight is messing you up?

They did give them out around a few months ago for one of their celebrations. They only other way to get them is Frontier Hunter unless Raid comes out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
medulla crafting requires mats that aren't in global yet. people have medullas from doing frontier hunter which give them as rewards.

whats your current party? What part of the fight is messing you up?

My party is not optimized - I'm just running a 5-color team with either a 5-color damage booster friend or a Tridon friend. I just can't kill him fast enough - too little damage. :|

Kreed

PSA regarding Tridon and Ultor is they're most likely getting nerfed soon. It was announced on the Gumi Twitch channel a week or two ago. I'd still roll for them because their Brave Bursts are just so unique and useful imo.

I don't think this is going to happen. Shortly after that stream, Hadaron got his stealth upgrade while nothing was changed with Tridon and Ultor, and now we have a rate up event for all three units and their dungeons. If Gumi was going to change Tridon and Ultor, they would have done it before this event, because it would be REALLY shitty if they encouraged people to pull for these three units only to nerf them later. And it makes no sense for Gumi to tweak these units when people are spending gems on them because they are OP (Although with the incoming 7 star units, they really don't need tweaking outside of Tridon's shield preventing scripted instant death attacks).

Corgi

Banned
My party is not optimized - I'm just running a 5-color team with either a 5-color damage booster friend or a Tridon friend. I just can't kill him fast enough - too little damage. :|

well i just added you. At lvl 84, you should be able to have a few 6*'s in your party so im surprised you are having problems doing lvl 2.

ill put my rowgen breaker as a lead to see if that would help :3

REC also affects healing items and abilities. So a regular Cure on a unit with shit REC will barely heal it. So you usually don't want Anima typing on a unit with a bad REC stat.

Recovery adds 11 points of healing per 10 recovery. Using a Tree as an example, which is a particularly bad recovery unit, the difference between Lord and Anima is ~200 recovery, or 220 points of healing per heal, which is not that much on a 1700 health heal. The base recovery is a much bigger influence than the difference between Lord and Anima

Edit: Bah, I totally misread the source I was reading, so Recovery is not nearly as bad as I thought.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
well i just added you. At lvl 84, you should be able to have a few 6*'s in your party so im surprised you are having problems doing lvl 2.

ill put my rowgen breaker as a lead to see if that would help :3

Thank you. Thank you SO much.

Cleared level 3 AND got the drop by putting it on auto-battle and walking away. Your Rowgen is ridiculous. Does he have a life absorb sphere or something? I literally couldn't lose.

Corgi

Banned
Thank you. Thank you SO much.

Cleared level 3 AND got the drop by putting it on auto-battle and walking away. Your Rowgen is ridiculous. Does he have a life absorb sphere or something? I literally couldn't lose.

nope just a batootha (boost atk def by 30% and increase spark damage by 50%)

desverger

Thankfully, I don't need to run that damn dungeon again. However, I may try it out on the one I need to run for Ultor.

I also have Ultor as my lead most of the time, you can add me up if you need one to run the dungeon. Couldn't find your id, so here's mine: 5313614031

garath

First world problems?

Thanks to the honor summon I have 11 crystal units and all my 4* units are level maxed. I'm pegged at 49/50 units between these and the evo materials that I may need at some point? Sigh.

I'm not going to be able to evo anything until at earliest tomorrow with the tuesday dungeon. Then the honor summon is over. :(

Corgi

Banned
First world problems?

Thanks to the honor summon I have 11 crystal units and all my 4* units are level maxed. I'm pegged at 49/50 units between these and the evo materials that I may need at some point? Sigh.

I'm not going to be able to evo anything until at earliest tomorrow with the tuesday dungeon. Then the honor summon is over. :(

They do honor summon events pretty much monthly, so no worries. You should spend your mondays doing the Vortex to lvl up summoner level.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm... am i crazy or did brave frontier always ranked higher in 'top grossing' apps compare to Puzzle & dragon?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
hmmm... am i crazy or did brave frontier always ranked higher in 'top grossing' apps compare to Puzzle & dragon?

Pretty sure BF has always been a little above PAD? Maybe I'm crazy, though.

Also, when do you use Burst Frogs? I have been waiting until 9/10 before I cave and spend one, but I'm thinking of doing it around 8/10 instead.

Corgi

Banned
Pretty sure BF has always been a little above PAD? Maybe I'm crazy, though.

Also, when do you use Burst Frogs? I have been waiting until 9/10 before I cave and spend one, but I'm thinking of doing it around 8/10 instead.

7 to 10 is where the success rates are typically pretty low.

I'm lazy these days and spend at 5 because I have like 30 frogs in my inbox.

desverger

I'm not even super honor summoning this time around, my gift box and unit box is completely full of everything from the previous giveaways, and I've even upped my unit box to 80 recently.

I guess it's a good problem to have, though!

desverger

So the elemental heroes got their 6*

Stya - Has a 30 hit SBB, seems like a BC factory
Zeln - SBB has 200% ATK boost to self, def ignore
Nemia - SBB fills own BB, single target SBB/BB, 80% weak/injury effect
Alma - SBB has 80% spark damage boost and 40% crit boost
Galant - 100% Def boost for 3 turns SBB
Oboro - 90% poison/curse and 30% chance to reduce ATK by 80% SBB

Pretty glad I went and capped them all - at least to me these units seem pretty darn strong? What do you guys think?

Alma, Stya, and Nemia are really good for free units. The other three are totally Meh IMO, too many other units with better effects.

They still don't compare to the better rare summons, but that's probably how it should be.

Zeln does not self-fill BB.

desverger

Alma, Stya, and Nemia are really good for free units. The other three are totally Meh IMO, too many other units with better effects.

They still don't compare to the better rare summons, but that's probably how it should be.

Zeln does not self-fill BB.

Ah okay, went and fixed that.

I'm probably gonna be evolving at least Stya and Nemia myself - I have Orna, so I don't most likely need Alma.

Not sure about Zeln, maybe him too.

Top Bottom