• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

And Birgitte, yes the randomness of AI can screw you, but I meant having a team of units where each unit has enough power to wipe a full health enemy team with just their BB. For example, my Elza, Azael, and Kuda all can and have done this.

My bad, I read "kill them outright" as doing so without using BBs at all. I totally agree with your point.

Cleared Trial X1. I ran a double Zelnite team, though I imagine taking in Orna/Lily would have made it a bit easier. Wiped first turn of my first attempt. Second attempt, I made sure to fujin the mitigator and soldiered on from there.

For what it's worth I had a round where Xenon killed me first turn even after I fujin'd a mitigator.

That attack of Xenon's can do ~6K with a crit to your entire party, and as far as I can tell he's capable of using it 3-4 times per round, plus a couple weaker AoEs.

I think I could have turned off "require SBB" and auto'd Estia and X&E, but Xenon was dicey quite a few times.

garath

Did another 5 gem pull (getting harder and harder to get these gems as a f2p player) and got an orna. Good /bad/ugly? Seems just like Eve and Yujeh just with Thunder and fire for the BB instead of their elements.

Did another 5 gem pull (getting harder and harder to get these gems as a f2p player) and got an orna. Good /bad/ugly? Seems just like Eve and Yujeh just with Thunder and fire for the BB instead of their elements.
Orna is really good. That 50% crit buff too.

lol do you ever try to not cheese every boss in the game? :p
If there is an easier way and I have the units, I'll do it. They really do need to nerf Hadaron though. First time ever using him and man, its ridiculous. Autobattled that trial once my Rin and Elza friend died. =/

At least I didn't cheese Maxwell. :p

desverger

Yeah, Orna is pretty great like everyone has said. Good news now is that you can pretty much buff every element by having Yujeh, Orna and Eve in your team!

Definitely worthwhile when questing, since you don't have to switch your team around too much.

garath

Yeah, Orna is pretty great like everyone has said. Good news now is that you can pretty much buff every element by having Yujeh, Orna and Eve in your team!

Definitely worthwhile when questing, since you don't have to switch your team around too much.

Yeah. Pretty happy. Gem pulls haven't been incredible but have been putting together a roster slowly but surely. Now I want another honor summon event lol. I ran a metal key run and didn't get half of what the honor summon was dishing out. Going to be awhile to get my whole team to 80, let alone the next evo

Xetherion

Did 5 pulls, pretty happy with the results:

5* Lunaris (B) dupe and same type
3* Falma (A) new
4* Dragon Graven (A) new
4* Tridon (A) dupe, but Anima. Now i need to cap another Hydraloid lol.
3* Shida (A) new, finally got Shida!

4 out 5 pulls were Anima, that was awesome.

Corgi

Banned
That may be 3 months from now. Heck, we don't even have 7 star starters yet still.

True. But it's not like I need anything else atm

edit:

pn9xhow.png

ehhhh might pull for valentines unit.

Lord: HP 6300 ATK 2330 DEF 1900 REC 1780
Max imp bonuses: HP 750 ATK 200 DEF 400 REC 300
LS: Large boost to BC drop rate (20% during spark) and damage (60%) during Spark & chance of reflecting damage when attacked (25% to reflect 25%)
Hit count: 11 (drop check count 2/hit)
BB (Cost: 23): 15 combo powerful Earth and Water attack to all enemies (265%), increases Spark damage to all allies (70%) & ignores enemy Def for 3 turns (15 bc gen)
SBB (Cost: 22): 18 combo powerful Earth and Water attack to all enemies (455%), increases Spark damage to all allies for 3 turns (80%) & increases allies' BB gauge (9 fill) (18 bc gen)

Seems like a good alternative to rosetta/elza if you don't have those yet. And those are easily some of the best units around atm.

wish those hitcounts were slightly higher though, but some good abilities/buffs.

Rosetta buff with def ignore or increase bc gauge? I would pull if I had any gems left lol.
Will do the Valentine Vortex just to get Fei if I ever do get Fang later on.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah. Pretty happy. Gem pulls haven't been incredible but have been putting together a roster slowly but surely. Now I want another honor summon event lol. I ran a metal key run and didn't get half of what the honor summon was dishing out. Going to be awhile to get my whole team to 80, let alone the next evo

I have nearly everyone by this point, but I use Orna on all my teams. Love her. What's your ID so I can add you?

garath

I have nearly everyone by this point, but I use Orna on all my teams. Love her. What's your ID so I can add you?

More higher level friends would be awesome :) I have kettle and his Ultor which is basically my ace when I need to really crush a level lol.

I've added Orna to my main party now. Replaced Nalmika with her. Need a few ranks unfortunately. I evolved Eve and she is now an 18 cost. Everyone else was a 17 cost when I evolved them. Ended up one short haha.

I could probably evolve some 6* next week but I just won't have the cost for it. Gonna have to hold off.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

More higher level friends would be awesome :) I have kettle and his Ultor which is basically my ace when I need to really crush a level lol.

I've added Orna to my main party now. Replaced Nalmika with her. Need a few ranks unfortunately. I evolved Eve and she is now an 18 cost. Everyone else was a 17 cost when I evolved them. Ended up one short haha.

I could probably evolve some 6* next week but I just won't have the cost for it. Gonna have to hold off.

It's always funny to remember when just starting out and team cost is a thing (much like my team cost limts is killing me in Chain Chronicles). Makes you want to grind grind grind! BF has pretty fast energy regen so it's not so bad.

Sent you a friend request. I'm Noci. If you need a particular hero type, just lemme know.

garath

It's always funny to remember when just starting out and team cost is a thing (much like my team cost limts is killing me in Chain Chronicles). Makes you want to grind grind grind! BF has pretty fast energy regen so it's not so bad.

Sent you a friend request. I'm Noci. If you need a particular hero type, just lemme know.

Yeah. I imagine by the later ranks it's a non issue. The monday xp vortex helps a lot. I literally just did that all day Monday and doubled my rank. it's the only reason I could start doing evolves to 5*. I'll do it again on Monday and maybe squeeze a 6* in there if I get the evo materials next week.

Thanks for the friend invite. It'll help :)

Corgi

Banned
productive this week. got most of my water arena team to 6*

miscalculated how many water pots I need. always next week!

debating if I should pull for valentine unit.

Xetherion

Friend Request sent. Ultor is my main leader as well, but I can also put up Maxwell, Tridon, Lilly Matah, Darvanshel, or Zelnite if you need it.

Hmm. I don't see it? Is it a vortex thing?

Also did I miss a gem sale? I saw bonus amounts in the shop for awhile but today no bonus amounts. Was debating picking some up.

They're just gifts that end up in your box. You're sent them directly without any sort of notification once you hit a milestone. Woke up this morning to a set of four imps.

lordcyno

Sent a friend request

garath

They're just gifts that end up in your box. You're sent them directly without any sort of notification once you hit a milestone. Woke up this morning to a set of four imps.

Oooh yeah. That's why I ended up with some dragon mimics in the gift box.

Sent a friend request

Man you guys are great. So many awesome friends now. Pretty much crushing everything I am up against at my level lol.

desverger

That's great to hear! The friend cooldown in BF is quite long (around 4-5 hours) so it's good others have added you too, definitely helps :)

I went and redeemed my 1500BP summon ticket and yolopulled for Fang. Got an Anima Ulkina - I'm not even mad lol. She's definitely worth the ticket, absolutely the best healer in game atm.

I already have Tia for more extreme healing, but she doesn't get rid of ailments.

Next week I'm hopefully getting my Frontier Hunter team in shape. What do you guys think of this comp:
Ultor - lead
Elza - Spark buff
Stya - BC drop buffer and 30 SBB
Orna - Crit buff, fire & lightning element buffs
Rosetta - 30 hit BB

Should I use Ultor or Rosetta as a lead? Does her and Elza's spark buffs stack?

Corgi

Banned
That's great to hear! The friend cooldown in BF is quite long (around 4-5 hours) so it's good others have added you too, definitely helps :)

I went and redeemed my 1500BP summon ticket and yolopulled for Fang. Got an Anima Ulkina - I'm not even mad lol. She's definitely worth the ticket, absolutely the best healer in game atm.

I already have Tia for more extreme healing, but she doesn't get rid of ailments.

Next week I'm hopefully getting my Frontier Hunter team in shape. What do you guys think of this comp:
Ultor - lead
Elza - Spark buff
Stya - BC drop buffer and 30 SBB
Orna - Crit buff, fire & lightning element buffs
Rosetta - 30 hit BB

Should I use Ultor or Rosetta as a lead? Does her and Elza's spark buffs stack?

not worth spending BP on summoning tickets when they do super discounted ones during the holidays :p

But grats on ulkina!

Rosetta lead for the BC on spark. buffs won't stack. Not sure why you are using ultor. not really a FH friendly unit. Probably should put Maxwell in there for her easy spark attack and high BC drop

Kreed

Finished the Estia Trial on my second attempt, although I didn't realize Melchio's bug was fixed, so he was pretty much a wasted slot.

Lily Matah, Ulkina, Oulu, Melchio, Rowgen, Cardes

Way easier than my first attempt with a Tridon team:

Tridon, Zelnite, Ulkina, Narza, Lilith, Zelnite.

The issue with this team was Estia in the second round, who really went nuts with this team and my second Lily Matah + Tridon team that followed, constantly removed buffs/targetted my Refined Gem units. I almost feel like this was because of Tridon + Mitigation and maybe this triggered the buff removal spam, but I'm leaning towards just having a bad attempt.

desverger

not worth spending BP on summoning tickets when they do super discounted ones during the holidays :p

But grats on ulkina!

Rosetta lead for the BC on spark. buffs won't stack. Not sure why you are using ultor. not really a FH friendly unit. Probably should put Maxwell in there for her easy spark attack and high BC drop

I know about the discount tickets, but I was just so mad I didn't get anything with 25 gems from the previous summon event. Never gonna buy that 1500BP ticket again though lol.

Ultor is mostly there since he's my best all-around leader. Maybe Rosetta will work better. I will have to evolve her, too bad I have her as a Guardian type.

If I kick Ultor from my FH squad, I'd have another slot free.. I wonder what I could use there. Another unit with a crazy SBB hit count wouldn't hurt.

Cleaned out my friends list a bit. Some people were inactive for 20+ days lol.

My ID is 9589905796
IGN is Shiki

I have Maxwell as my lead most of the time, but I do have Zelnite, Darvanshel, Cardes, Hadaron(lol), Mifune(for metal parade farming), Ardin, and Lily Matah. I got a few others more just off the top of my head.

Will be adding Kuda to my leads in a week or two.

I don't do the monday vortex dungeon because cost isn't really a problem for me.

Anybody want to friend me? ID is 5028905681.

Tried out level of the new Vortex dungeon, was promptly owned by the boss. AOE too strong! Man I need a mitigator.

Corgi

Banned
payday + tax returns got me rolling for valentines girl. Which doesn't mean anything because i'm just using free gems lol.

sadly 7 pulls only new unit is a breaker arus. will pull 3 more when I get home to my nexus 7

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I said I wanted this new Fang chick.

Red Axe Michelle (B)
Red Hood Ciara (L)
Goelm (A) <dupe>
Dark Winged Ardin (A)
Huntress Fang (A)

I should stop pulling now. I don't have Zelnite or Rowgen, but I have a box FULL of shit to level now. :3

Is Fang actually good?

Xetherion

Cleaned out my friends list a bit. Some people were inactive for 20+ days lol.

My ID is 9589905796
IGN is Shiki

I have Maxwell as my lead most of the time, but I do have Zelnite, Darvanshel, Cardes, Hadaron(lol), Mifune(for metal parade farming), Ardin, and Lily Matah. I got a few others more just off the top of my head.

Will be adding Kuda to my leads in a week or two.

I don't do the monday vortex dungeon because cost isn't really a problem for me.

Anybody want to friend me? ID is 5028905681.

Tried out level of the new Vortex dungeon, was promptly owned by the boss. AOE too strong! Man I need a mitigator.

Friend requests sent to you both. I should probably just post my friend code again for anyone who needs more high level friends: 8979856094

IGN is Xeth. Ultor is my main leader, but I have Maxwell, Tridon, Lilly Matah, Zelnite, Darvanshel, etc. Haven't bothered to get Cardes yet but will probably get him after I finish getting Shida ready for FH.

Xetherion

So I said I wanted this new Fang chick.

Red Axe Michelle (B)
Red Hood Ciara (L)
Goelm (A) <dupe>
Dark Winged Ardin (A)
Huntress Fang (A)

I should stop pulling now. I don't have Zelnite or Rowgen, but I have a box FULL of shit to level now. :3

Is Fang actually good?

Lol you wanted her without knowing if she's good? She's tied for highest Spark buff in the game with Rosetta, but her hit counts are a little low unfortunately. I'd take Rosetta or Elza over her, but if you don't have either then yeah she's good. She also gives Def Ignore with her regular BB which is situationally useful, so again she's good if you don't have anyone else that gives that buff.

Edit: I should say that her 6* couple form with Fei is good. Not sure how good she is on her own. Good luck with the new dungeon, hope you cap Fei easily.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lol you wanted her without knowing if she's good? She's tied for highest Spark buff in the game with Rosetta, but her hit counts are a little low unfortunately. I'd take Rosetta or Elza over her, but if you don't have either then yeah she's good. She also gives Def Ignore with her regular BB which is situationally useful, so again she's good if you don't have anyone else that gives that buff.

I assumed an exclusive unit was at least decent, so I decided I would do what it takes. ;)

Now this Vortex special dungeon...Tough?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Apparently she is one-shottable but if you can't one-shot her she's pretty tough.

I gave lvl 3 a try and it wasn't terrible. But I won't stand a chance on 4 if it's much harder than 3. I'll just farm that this weekend in hopes of getting a drop. My team isn't capable of putting out quite the damage I need yet I don't think.

Corgi

Banned
level 4 is rough if you don't dual maxwell.

her AOE took out my tridon with shield and mitigation up o_O

ridiculous lol.

desverger

Cleaned out my friend list as well and sent out requests to people who just posted their ID!

If you see a request from "kettle" with an Ultor lead, that's me.

Posting my id here again just in case: 5313614031

So I got another Lario from the honor summon gate. He's a breaker. I already got an anima Lario maxed with sbb 10. Is it worth it to raise another one?

Got to level 4. Swiped for sbb on one of my Maxwells then realizing she's short and she just attacks. The boss survives and wipes me. Ran it again and steamrolled her.

Corgi

Banned
so total 10 pulls... got len and arus as the news. could be worse.

lord Fang from the guarantee.

Ok for REALZ no more summoning until Feeva!

unless earth SBS is broken.

Kreed

level 4 is rough if you don't dual maxwell.

her AOE took out my tridon with shield and mitigation up o_O

ridiculous lol.

Wow, I just assumed it was an easy auto dungeon because I went in with my normal Maxwell farming squad on both levels with no trouble.

Top Bottom