• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
So the elemental heroes got their 6*

Stya - Has a 30 hit SBB, seems like a BC factory
Zeln - SBB has 200% ATK boost to self, def ignore
Nemia - SBB fills own BB, single target SBB/BB, 80% weak/injury effect
Alma - SBB has 70% spark damage boost and 40% crit boost
Galant - 100% Def boost for 3 turns SBB
Oboro - 90% poison/curse and 30% chance to reduce ATK by 80% SBB

Pretty glad I went and capped them all - at least to me these units seem pretty darn strong? What do you guys think?

70% spark.

But yeah besides zeln and galant, they are all good units with great SBBs. Shame their stats are a bit squishy, but if you are missing a unit with these buffs, its worth looking into.

70% spark.

But yeah besides zeln and galant, they are all good units with great SBBs. Shame their stats are a bit squishy, but if you are missing a unit with these buffs, its worth looking into.

Oboro is nothing special unless you have no other units with his leadership skill.

Making his SBB single target really irritates me.

Shouta

Ugh, missed Alma too, lol. I got rid of her ages ago but forgot to get her this time but got everyone else, lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I think my dream arena team is 5x Semira with BC generating spheres, haha. I can't even count how many of my arena wins have been because of her.

Xetherion

He's likely won a lot due to Semira's Paralysis/Curse saving his butt. He doesn't realize better Arena teams are the ones that just wipe the enemy team outright.

Oboro is a boss killer. 90% poison and curse will be extremely good in Raid and Medal Rush i hear.

I'll believe this when it actually happens, because I bought into the Nalmika-as-Cardes-killer hype, and that was a flat lie.

Nalmika is terrible as a unit against Cardes. Just dreadful.

He's likely won a lot due to Semira's Paralysis/Curse saving his butt. He doesn't realize better Arena teams are the ones that just wipe the enemy team outright.

There is no such thing as an arena team that just wipes the enemy team outright. People complain about the randomness of BBs in the Arena but the randomness of who your arena team targets is way worse.

The truth is you want a team that can do both, but it's way easier to make a team which can BB win than a team which can theoretically win the other way. All it takes is the wrong one enemy left up and alive after 2 turns and you lost.

Corgi

Banned
Semira is the goddess of all status ailments (well all the ones she can inflict). Makes all the other ones irrelevant!

beat cardes with no dedicated healer, zero revives used.

Xetherion

I've found that a turn 2 BB either wipes the enemy or paralyzes/curses them to allow me to win on turn 3.

No, I fully realize that "best" way to is wipe the team. Semira does exactly that.

As you just put, you've had to rely on paralysis/curse to win on Turn 3 when Semira doesn't wipe the enemy, so obviously she doesn't do exactly that. Also Semira has low Atk, so her not wiping the enemy will happen more often as your opponents get stronger. Another problem with an all Semira team is she has the >50% hp check for BB, so when there are no enemies with >50% hp your chances of getting a BB off are really low.

And Birgitte, yes the randomness of AI can screw you, but I meant having a team of units where each unit has enough power to wipe a full health enemy team with just their BB. For example, my Elza, Azael, and Kuda all can and have done this.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As you just put, you've had to rely on paralysis/curse to win on Turn 3 when Semira doesn't wipe the enemy, so obviously she doesn't do exactly that. Also Semira has low Atk, so her not wiping the enemy will happen more often as your opponents get stronger. Another problem with an all Semira team is she has the >50% hp check for BB, so when there are no enemies with >50% hp your chances of getting a BB off are really low.

And Birgitte, yes the randomness of AI can screw you, but I meant having a team of units where each unit has enough power to wipe a full health enemy team with just their BB. For example, my Elza, Azael, and Kuda all can and have done this.

I should say that my comment was sort of a joke. I wouldn't ever field a pure Semira team, but I was more commenting on the way that her BB tends to kill or curse/paralyze the enemy and allow me to win 7 out of my 10 matches. Sure, I'm only in the Heavyweight tier, so my situation is VERY different from someone way up top. But she's been fun at my current level.

I'm not trying to say she's the best arena unit. However, I've found her to be great on my current arena team.

Xetherion

I should say that my comment was sort of a joke. I wouldn't ever field a pure Semira team, but I was more commenting on the way that her BB tends to kill or curse/paralyze the enemy and allow me to win 7 out of my 10 matches. Sure, I'm only in the Heavyweight tier, so my situation is VERY different from someone way up top. But she's been fun at my current level.

I'm not trying to say she's the best arena unit. However, I've found her to be great on my current arena team.

Ah, didn't realize you were joking, sorry.

Corgi

Banned
yep current meta arena teams strategy tends to relate to...

- hit hard round 1, take out 1-3 of their guys, so a good attack boosting LS. Less enemies alive = less chance of them taking out your guys on round 3. Fill out most/all BB gauges.

- hope at least 2 guys use bb on your team in round 3

- victory.

Which is why zurg and ultor are the best leaders atm. Zurg with that 100% attack boost is killer. While Ultor has 50% attack 50% def makes your units survive round 2 easier.

example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j-9B5QeCoQ&list=UUbZo4HMR__-oNJjuXUC6sRw

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah, didn't realize you were joking, sorry.

No, I do appreciate some explanation as to why certain units won't be viable later on. My unit selection has improved dramatically, so I have a ton of options now. Knowing what my arena team needs to consist of versus my quest/farming teams is good info. :)

yep current meta arena teams strategy tends to relate to...

- hit hard round 1, take out 1-3 of their guys, so a good attack boosting LS. Less enemies alive = less chance of them taking out your guys on round 3. Fill out most/all BB gauges.

- hope at least 2 guys use bb on your team in round 3

- victory.

Which is why zurg and ultor are the best leaders atm. Zurg with that 100% attack boost is killer. While Ultor has 50% attack 50% def makes your units survive round 2 easier.

example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j-9B5QeCoQ&list=UUbZo4HMR__-oNJjuXUC6sRw

Woah, what device are you playing on? That is a LOT smoother than my Note 4.

Corgi

Banned
No, I do appreciate some explanation as to why certain units won't be viable later on. My unit selection has improved dramatically, so I have a ton of options now. Knowing what my arena team needs to consist of versus my quest/farming teams is good info. :)

Woah, what device are you playing on? That is a LOT smoother than my Note 4.

iphone 6+. But yeah BF global runs way better on ios devices than android in general.

Lol, that BB drop rate - what caused that? :p

And yeah, I've been fielding Ultor as my team lead in the arena with quite good success.

lexida + the 2 halloween spheres.

broz0rs

Just want to add some info to Ultor, his weak element damage boost LS is very effective in Arena because of how players tend to favor dark units in their team, especially Elza, Kuda, and now Cardes. I made 3/5 units light units and they are a one touch kill on dark units.

I'm currently riding on my highest win streak (500 wins) at 460k points. Don't think I'll lose more than a handful under this meta. So I should be enjoying this until 7* units reaches Global lol

garath

Another day farming evo materials. Need 3 dragon mimics today.

I even have a spreadsheet put together so I can keep it organized lol.

Unfortunately I had to spend a couple gems expanding my unit cap. Just too many evo materials to hold on to.

Tomorrow with the totems I should be able to evolve all my party 4* into 5* except Vargas (I didn't have the space for the basic basic evo materials lol).

Red hood Ciara
Semira
Sea Pirate Eve
Nalmika

All should be 5* tomorrow. I THINK I have the cost for it. I gained 15+ rank on Monday just spamming that xp dungeon. Went from low 30s to high 40s in rank.

Finally getting somewhere.

Xetherion

So the info for Reed's batch 6* forms just got datamined, and damn some of them are great free units:

Evo Mats:

Miracle Totem
Totem
Pot
Idol
Metal Mimic
500,000 Zel

Reed

焔剣神帝リード
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:

atk: 1943 {300}
def: 1851 {300}
hp: 6002 {750}
rec: 1648 {300}

Hits: 9 / 2 DC
Cost: 26

LS: 30% Atk/Def/Hp/Rec, requires 6 elements

BB: 13 Hits 210% AoE + 3 BB / turn for three turns.

BC Cost: 28 // Max BC Gen: 13

SBB: 18 Hits, 420% AoE + 8 BB Fill + 3 BB fill/turn for three turns

BC Cost: 24 // Max BC Gen: 18

Rhein

闘神王ライン
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:

atk: 2090 {200}
def: 1642 {400}
hp: 5965 {750}
rec: 1705 {300}

Hits: 10 / 2 DC

LS: 100% ATK boost for two turns

BB: 13 Hits, 210% AoE + Ignore defense for two turns

SBB: 15 Hits, 540% AoE + Ignore Defense for two turns + -50% ATK Debuff, 30% chance for 1 turn

BC Cost: 21 // Max BC Gen: 15

Aneil

創功神アーネル
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:

atk: 1882 {400}
def: 1625 {200}
hp: 5843 {750}
rec: 2076 {300}

LS: BC Fill when attacked: 4-6, 50% chance / 20% dmg to HP, 40% chance

BB: 13 Hits, 210% Earth, Fire, Water, Thunder Aoe

SBB: 16 Hits, 420% Earth, Fire, Water, Thunder Aoe + Fire/Water/Earth/Thunder element buff for three turns

BC Cost: 24 // Max BC Gen: 16

Lucana

空迅神姫ルカナ
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:

atk: 1749 {200}
def: 1723 {400}
hp: 5950 {750}
rec: 2000 {300}

LS: 25% Reduced BB BC cost

BB: 2100-2300 Heal, AoE + 60% Atk/Def/Rec Buff for three turns

BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: -

SBB: 22 Hits, 540% AoE + -30% Atk/Def debuff, 30% chance for 1 turn

BC Cost: 27 // Max BC Gen: 22

Nevsky

重鎧神将ナグネス
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:

atk: 1804 {240}
def: 1984 {240}
hp: 6117 {750}
rec: 1554 {420}

Hits: 8 / 2 DC

LS: Status immunity + 100% Base/Buff Crit resist + 5% chance to take 1 damage

BB: 85% Def + 25% Damage reduction for three turns

BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: -

SBB: 15 Hits, 420% AoE + 40% Damage reduction for three turns

BC Cost: 28 // Max BC Gen: 15

Eru

黒神皇エル
Unit Art
Lord Stats/Imps:

atk: 2001 {300}
def: 1757 {300}
hp: 5982 {750}
rec: 1705 {300}

LS: 100% Atk buff, requires 6 elements

BB: 13 Hits, 210% AoE + 20% BC Drop rate for three turns

SBB: 18 Hits, 420% AoE + 25% BC Drop rate buff + 3-4 BC Fill when attacked {100%} for three turns

BC Cost: 24 // Max BC Gen: 18

Nevsky is the first free mitigator. He also negates crits with his LS, which will make him better than the other mitigators against enemies that crit a lot. Then there's the (admittedly small) chance for 100% mitigation on his LS as well. Add to that his artwork is awesome, and I for one will be using him as my mitigator even though I already have a sphrogged Darvanshel.

These 6* upgrades make me so happy I got Nevsky, Eru and Aneil. Eru's like a Lilly Matah that does damage too, and Aneil will be nice for FH since I don't have Shida.

Just thought of another reason that 3 turns 40% mitigation will be great. It will work well with Ultor, who doesn't mesh well with Dshel and Matah strategies because he hogs the BC fill on hit so Dshel has a hard time keeping BB up every turn. Nevsky should have no problem getting SBB every 3 turns though.

These aren't even out in jpbf yet, so the wait is going to be long. Ugh, I need my Nevsky 6*!

Corgi

Banned
there are quite a few units that remove buffs so nevsky probably won't be the best mitigator, but there is finally a free one. You can finally beat all the trials with just free units.

Kreed

Mitigation for 3 turns is pretty nice even if it's by a smaller amount.

Alim really needs to go back and give a lot of these defense up units mitigation abilities. Or at least update the units with 25% mitigation now that there's a unit with 40% for free.

Corgi

Banned
valentine unit seems pretty great. it really depends on the stats though.

Fei and Fang 6* - Earth Unit
LS: Greatly boosts BC drop and increased damage during Spark, huge chance to reflect high damage
BB: 15-hits earth elemental damage to all enemies, increases Spark damage to all allies & ignore enemy defenses for 3 turns (5* BB is 16 hits)
SBB: 18-hits earth elemental damage to all enemies, increases Spark damage to all allies & increases BB gauge of all allies significantly

pretty much a juiced up Elza with some rosetta.

Xetherion

I don't see it. Low hit counts and no BC fill on spark. How is this supposed to be a juiced up Elza or Rosetta? Unless the Spark dmg boost is 100% or higher i don't care about this unit.

Corgi

Banned
I don't see it. Low hit counts and no BC fill on spark. How is this supposed to be a juiced up Elza or Rosetta? Unless the Spark dmg boost is 100% or higher i don't care about this unit.

don't know the BC drop per hit, could be 2x!

And BC drop could be zelnite or rin tier, which is good enough for BB spam.

juiced up is the wrong words... alternative?

desverger

Oh cool, is Frontier Hunter season 11 already coming up?

I'm gonna go pull most likely, hoping for a Lucca!

edit: 2 pulls, Fiora and Len :S

So already having an Orna, I decided to invest 5 gems in this rate up to see if I could get anything else, only to get....another Orna -_-

At least the class is better (Guardian whereas the old one is Oracle) but I would still have preferred something different.

I'll probably do another summon for this rate up and stop there.

Xetherion

don't know the BC drop per hit, could be 2x!

And BC drop could be zelnite or rin tier, which is good enough for BB spam.

juiced up is the wrong words... alternative?

BC drop isn't the same as BB fill on spark. Fill on spark can allow SBB spam against a single target, BC drop can't. Also some bosses in Japan reduce BC drop rate I hear, which makes BC drop buffs even less effective.

Kreed

BC drop isn't the same as BB fill on spark. Fill on spark can allow SBB spam against a single target, BC drop can't. Also some bosses in Japan reduce BC drop rate I hear, which makes BC drop buffs even less effective.

I think you're focusing too much on the Rosetta part of what Corgi said (and he did say a "little" Rosetta). Excluding Elza's SBB hit count and Curse ability, I don't see anything wrong with the Elza comparison at least until we find out what the number values are for spark damage and BC rates.

My two pulls were a second Shera and a Hogar. Is he any good?

Hogar is a really good spark damage leader. You'd mainly use him when you want to focus on damage output/killing enemies fast, particularly ones that are critical resistant.

Xetherion

I think you're focusing too much on the Rosetta part of what Corgi said (and he did say a "little" Rosetta). Excluding Elza's SBB hit count and Curse ability, I don't see anything wrong with the Elza comparison at least until we find out what the number values are for spark damage and BC rates.

I mentioned the low hit counts before. Why would I exclude Elza's hit count and Curse ability? That's just silly.

Apparently there's a new trial out, Trial X1. Unfortunately, I haven't even completed the first trial, so it'll be awhile till I get to that.

7 summons:

Vampire (G)
Kikuri (G)
Lilith (A)
Kuda (A)
Fiora (B)
Fiora (B)
Athena (O)

No luck on Shera. Maybe next time, but I finally got Kuda baby! Gonna raise him for sure. Will raise my 2nd Lilith and get rid of my guardian one? Maybe. Have very little interest in Fiora since I have Ardin with his sbb. Athena is definitely fodder.

desverger

Goddamnit.. No Lucca again :(

That really sucks, was hoping to make a great FH team this time around but I'm still missing him.

Pulled an Anima Orna, yay - considering leveling him up sometime next year probably, my current Oracle Orna is lv100 and 5/10 SBB so I'm most likely not gonna throw her away just yet.

All gems gone, I still have that 1500BP summoning ticket unredeemed.. You think I should blow it? :p

garath

whoa. 50 energy for the miracle totem level?? ouch. Is it hard? Can I do it with my party of 4*?

Sea Pirate Eve
Fire King Vargas
Red Hood Ciara (Leader)
Nalmika
Semira

That's my entire energy pool in one shot. I guess I don't need the miracle totems yet. That's to go from 5* to 6* but I will be evolving Ciara, Eve and Nalmika today and Semira tomorrow so I'll be looking to evolve them soon. Every last one of them needs a miracle totem.

edit: Damn. Just evolved Ciara. While great, I'm not going to have the cost to have more than one more 5* in my party. I guess I'm going to wait on evolving Eve and Nalmika and instead evolve Semira tomorrow when I get another miracle bulb. If I can only have w 5* units, I think Ciara and Semira will be best. That is if I get a dark totem today. If not I'll evolve Eve.

Corgi

Banned
new trial wasn't bad. Went in mostly blind (knew it will be single boss at a time, and you need status cleanser).

vjdctj.png

second form is the biggest pain because she has a move that fully drains BB of a unit which is where I used most of my fujin's. 3rd form has ultimate attacks around 75% hp that they do 3 turns in a row that takes out about 70% of my team's hp with mitigation and cardes friend. Where I used all my revives because boss had a bad habit of focus hitting my poor lily matah.

So lily matah/orna and ulkina are key units for making this trial not painful :p

seems like this trial update also fixed a bunch of units

rosetta will be my lead these days so go wild with spark queen :3

TimeKillr

whoa. 50 energy for the miracle totem level?? ouch. Is it hard? Can I do it with my party of 4*?

Sea Pirate Eve
Fire King Vargas
Red Hood Ciara (Leader)
Nalmika
Semira

That's my entire energy pool in one shot. I guess I don't need the miracle totems yet. That's to go from 5* to 6* but I will be evolving Ciara, Eve and Nalmika today and Semira tomorrow so I'll be looking to evolve them soon. Every last one of them needs a miracle totem.

edit: Damn. Just evolved Ciara. While great, I'm not going to have the cost to have more than one more 5* in my party. I guess I'm going to wait on evolving Eve and Nalmika and instead evolve Semira tomorrow when I get another miracle bulb. If I can only have w 5* units, I think Ciara and Semira will be best. That is if I get a dark totem today. If not I'll evolve Eve.

Did you end up doing the dungeon? It's one of those where when your team isn't high enough, you'll definitely need healing. If you don't have a RS healer you'd actually highly benefit from getting one of the normal healers (I would recommend one of the light ones since they'll still deal okay damage) and evolve/level it to max, then max out their BB (which isn't hard for these units). It'll help plenty while you're leveling up and gathering these mats.

And Corgi, the update didn't fix those units, apparently. According to Xerte, the problem isn't in the data, but in the coding, so these guys datamined the game's files and claim it's fixed while it really isn't (as more people are doing tests, they see they aren't, and it was confirmed that the correct values and such are actually in the data and have been all along).

garath

Did you end up doing the dungeon? It's one of those where when your team isn't high enough, you'll definitely need healing. If you don't have a RS healer you'd actually highly benefit from getting one of the normal healers (I would recommend one of the light ones since they'll still deal okay damage) and evolve/level it to max, then max out their BB (which isn't hard for these units). It'll help plenty while you're leveling up and gathering these mats.

And Corgi, the update didn't fix those units, apparently. According to Xerte, the problem isn't in the data, but in the coding, so these guys datamined the game's files and claim it's fixed while it really isn't (as more people are doing tests, they see they aren't, and it was confirmed that the correct values and such are actually in the data and have been all along).

I didn't try it yet. I have been hitting the other elemental ones for my current evolves. I thought I'd have more than enough crystals to level all my guys too. I've been holding onto 15+ of them but I used like 6 and barely got Ciara to level 78 lol. Between the lack of levels and the party cost, I probably won't need the miracle totem immediately.

A healer is a good idea. I don't have one. On the off chance that I'd need one, I've been holding onto a 2* priestess maria. She's a light unit. I can level and evolve her. Might even be worth it to do that and replace someone like Nalmika or Vargas with her for the cost headroom and I can have 5* eve, ciara and semira on the team?

Kreed

I didn't try it yet. I have been hitting the other elemental ones for my current evolves. I thought I'd have more than enough crystals to level all my guys too. I've been holding onto 15+ of them but I used like 6 and barely got Ciara to level 78 lol. Between the lack of levels and the party cost, I probably won't need the miracle totem immediately.

A healer is a good idea. I don't have one. On the off chance that I'd need one, I've been holding onto a 2* priestess maria. She's a light unit. I can level and evolve her. Might even be worth it to do that and replace someone like Nalmika or Vargas with her for the cost headroom and I can have 5* eve, ciara and semira on the team?

Don't be afraid to use some of the random enemy healers as team filler until you can summon proper ones. Prior to the game focusing on BB Spam, Critical, Mitigation, etc... teams, many of us used Mono colored teams/Rainbow Leaders with a 50% Attack up with a free healer and Seals/Ores for the same element.

TimeKillr

Don't be afraid to use some of the random enemy healers as team filler until you can summon proper ones. Prior to the game focusing on BB Spam, Critical, Mitigation, etc... teams, many of us used Mono colored teams/Rainbow Leaders with a 50% Attack up with a free healer and Seals/Ores for the same element.

Exactly - these types of teams are excellent when starting since they are typically easier to field than the other big archetypes right now.

I personally used 2 Mimirs for the longest time (maxed out, anima, at 3*, they do less damage than 4* Marias but have more HP, which is weird as hell, and more REC) and maxed out their BBs so it healed quite a bit. 2 healers for those teams might have been a bit overkill, but it was also super safe to run all those evo dungeons until I could field stuff that was potent enough.

Not to mention the 3* Mimirs cost 6, which is ridiculously cheap.

Corgi

Banned
really curious if the newer units are any good in their 4-5* forms.

Haven't used a unit in their 5* form in like half a year.

Lan_97

Cleared Trial X1. I ran a double Zelnite team, though I imagine taking in Orna/Lily would have made it a bit easier. Wiped first turn of my first attempt. Second attempt, I made sure to fujin the mitigator and soldiered on from there. Estia and XE got a bit dicey with Star Seal and Elysian Grandeur.

Zelnite, Lead
Tridon
Zelnite
Ulkina
Shera
Zelnite, Friend

I just ran the miracle totem dungeon for the first time this morning. For perspective, I had a team of maxed level 80's. I also had a friend's terminator lilith, but that was more for damage than anything. The miracle totem was not too hard for my team, but I think if your team is not too high leveled, then you will definitely suffer from its AOE. My team could just about tank three AOE's in a row, but just barely. I would say a healer is pretty essential, if only to heal up after the AOE. Also he has a ton of HP, so it will definitely be a slug fest.

My team:
Level 77 Tiara (B)
Level 80 Lance (A)
Level 80 Orna (O) Leader
Level 80 Luther (A)
Level 80 Alyut (G)

Level 100 Lilith (B) Friend

garath

I just ran the miracle totem dungeon for the first time this morning. For perspective, I had a team of maxed level 80's. I also had a friend's terminator lilith, but that was more for damage than anything. The miracle totem was not too hard for my team, but I think if your team is not too high leveled, then you will definitely suffer from its AOE. My team could just about tank three AOE's in a row, but just barely. I would say a healer is pretty essential, if only to heal up after the AOE. Also he has a ton of HP, so it will definitely be a slug fest.

My team:
Level 77 Tiara (B)
Level 80 Lance (A)
Level 80 Orna (O) Leader
Level 80 Luther (A)
Level 80 Alyut (G)

Level 100 Lilith (B) Friend

Ouch. I'll struggle then. Gonna wait a week until I have a decent healer evolved and the rest of my team to level 80.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's the most useful lead to have up for new trial? Though I'm taking a break from BF, I want to help peeps out by having a useful leader up :) Lily?

Corgi

Banned
What's the most useful lead to have up for new trial? Though I'm taking a break from BF, I want to help peeps out by having a useful leader up :) Lily?

Why not beat the trial? only takes like 20min.

lily matah cardes tridon seems like good stuff for this.

Top Bottom