• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

garath

So got another 5 gems somehow. I think I got 3 or 4 from my level 50 reward. Sweet.

Worth pulling for this valentines thing?

Xetherion

level 4 is rough if you don't dual maxwell.

her AOE took out my tridon with shield and mitigation up o_O

ridiculous lol.

Beat it with dual Ultor, Lilly Matah, Tridon, Darvanshel, and Ulkina. Never really got close to dying, only had to use Ulkina to heal once after a turn when I didn't have mitigation up. Maybe she focused down your Tridon with single target attacks and AOE, and she couldn't do that to mine thanks to Ultor?

desverger

Just OTKO'd the level 4 Valentine dungeon. I still have no idea what the boss does lol.

I even brought Lilly Matah in case I needed more spam, but turns out it wasn't necessary. I had Ultor lead, Maxwell friend (granted, it was zerokool's), Elza, Fiora (5* but w/Angelic Foil), Yujeh, Lilly Matah.

BB order was Yujeh, Elza, Maxwell, Ultor, Fiora. Nothing left standing lol.

Didn't get a cap so I'll most likely get back to it.

Just gonna say, Elza seems ridiculously strong with her lv10 SBB. Combine it with Maxwell and Yujeh, which are both easy to spark with, the damage output is insane.

Xetherion

What should I spend my first 1500 BP on? The summoning ticket or the angelic foil?

Don't ever waste BP on angelic foil or other spheres. You'll get plenty for free when you do Frontier Hunter. Also if this is your first 1500 BP you should be able to get a one-time discount summon ticket for 500 BP, at the bottom of the list. They also have events around holidays when you can get discount summon tickets sometimes.

garath

seems like there are quite a few new or returning people showing up here.

would recommend this list for people wondering which units are good/bad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...98ixZzKRiHCM-bUVjdLb9tXMYiY/htmlview?sle=true

Not 100% with all the placements, but its a pretty good place to start.

Wow. Thanks for that. Good list. Helps me prioritize teammates. Looks like I have a few people from the "Great" tier: Ciara, Semira, Eve, Yujeh. Nothing higher though.

The only issue is that I was leveling Nalmika instead of Yujeh but it looks like Yujeh is a better character to focus on. I'll have to change gears on that.

edit: Oops.. I do have an Elite - Orna. Nice.. Just need to swap in Yujeh over Nalmika and it seems like my team is ok.

That spreadsheet doesn't quite show correctly in my browser.

Can someone tell me what about Rin "breaks the game"? I have Rin but never bothered because there doesn't appear to be anything special (as opposed to Len and the insane BC drop).

That spreadsheet doesn't quite show correctly in my browser.

Can someone tell me what about Rin "breaks the game"? I have Rin but never bothered because there doesn't appear to be anything special (as opposed to Len and the insane BC drop).

If you have Hadaron and double Rin (one leader and one friend), you can pull off a strategy that completely breaks the game. Hadaron's SBB makes him go stealth for two turns. The Rins and some items on Hadaron allow him to get his SBB back over those two turns. Getting the Rin's killed off means only stealthed Hadaron is on the battlefield, which causes bosses to glitch out and completely skip their turns. This lets you cheese boss battles.

For more see here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2vainp/breaking_the_game_hadaron_edition/

Kreed

If you have Hadaron and double Rin (one leader and one friend), you can pull off a strategy that completely breaks the game. Hadaron's SBB makes him go stealth for two turns. The Rins and some items on Hadaron allow him to get his SBB back over those two turns. Getting the Rin's killed off means only stealthed Hadaron is on the battlefield, which causes bosses to glitch out and completely skip their turns. This lets you cheese boss battles.

For more see here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2vainp/breaking_the_game_hadaron_edition/

The spreadsheet cuts off the Hadaron info part in Rin's row/column. Although I'm not sure if that should even be mentioned since it's Hadaron that breaks the game not Rin.

Summoned a few times and got Fang, along with Priscilla and Ciara. All new.

Plus the requisite Lidith and Dryad. Why oh why do I summon those two units so much?

desverger

Got a lot to do this week. I should make a shopping list for all the units I need to evolve :p

That, and level to at least 90 so I can field any sort of squad I want. 100 would be even better, for having 3 6* units, but I've been lazy as heck. As usual!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm at a point where I need to start farming materials for basic Cures, Fujins, and other important items again. I also need to start putting spheres on my units. I guess I should do some research.

Oh, and fuck this Valentine's Event dungeon. 8 runs on 3 and no luck so far.

desverger

So I'm at a point where I need to start farming materials for basic Cures, Fujins, and other important items again. I also need to start putting spheres on my units. I guess I should do some research.

Oh, and fuck this Valentine's Event dungeon. 8 runs on 3 and no luck so far.

Have you upgraded your town? At least the river gives a ton of drops, and one of them gave grass - probably the forest?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Have you upgraded your town? At least the river gives a ton of drops, and one of them gave grass - probably the forest?

Yeah, my town is coming along. River is like, level 11 or 12 I think? I should just focus on harvesting more...I sometimes sort of forget, ha.

TimeKillr

Just OTKO'd the level 4 Valentine dungeon. I still have no idea what the boss does lol.

I even brought Lilly Matah in case I needed more spam, but turns out it wasn't necessary. I had Ultor lead, Maxwell friend (granted, it was zerokool's), Elza, Fiora (5* but w/Angelic Foil), Yujeh, Lilly Matah.

BB order was Yujeh, Elza, Maxwell, Ultor, Fiora. Nothing left standing lol.

Didn't get a cap so I'll most likely get back to it.

Just gonna say, Elza seems ridiculously strong with her lv10 SBB. Combine it with Maxwell and Yujeh, which are both easy to spark with, the damage output is insane.

There's a reason why Elza is so strong :)

30 hits + 70% spark damage buff + easy to spark with = destruction. She's so incredibly useful it's not even funny.

Corgi

Banned
yep. Even with rosetta lead, I still have elza as a side for easy sparking. Not sure if fang+fei will be better as a spark buffer side than elza though.

garath

Now have 15 gems.. three pulls worth.

Should I pull now and try for Fang? Or hold off for some other rate up events..

My party:

Eve (5*)
Yujeh (4*)
Ciara (leader - 5*)
Orna (4*)
Semira (5*)

This week I should be able to evolve Orna as well and if I get enough cost up I can try to get Ciara to 6*. Everyone is maxed except Eve.

Corgi

Banned

My party:

Eve (5*)
Yujeh (4*)
Ciara (leader - 5*)
Orna (4*)
Semira (5*)

This week I should be able to evolve Orna as well and if I get enough cost up I can try to get Ciara to 6*. Everyone is maxed except Eve.

Fang rates are complete shit. about 5%.

You pretty much have to pull 10 times for guarantee if you want her.

Not worth it if you are being stingy

My party:

Eve (5*)
Yujeh (4*)
Ciara (leader - 5*)
Orna (4*)
Semira (5*)

I honestly wouldn't try, but I'm really stingy with my summons. I've managed to hoard 33 gems, only spending grudgingly on inventory and unit expansions. Though honestly comparing my team to yours my stinginess is showing! So maybe your way is better :p

Also Happy Chinese New Years guys! Here's some more stuff to clog up your inventory!

garath

I honestly wouldn't try, but I'm really stingy with my summons. I've managed to hoard 33 gems, only spending grudgingly on inventory and unit expansions. Though honestly comparing my team to yours my stinginess is showing! So maybe your way is better :p

Also Happy Chinese New Years guys! Here's some more stuff to clog up your inventory!

Lol. I guess the team is pretty all right. I've basically been pulling instantly whenever I hit 5 gems. I had no idea what was going on so just pulled all willy nilly. Had some decent luck with it. Only been playing a little over a week. Honor summon right in the middle of my ramp up was fortunate.

Shouta

I wanted to get Fang because I like the look of her unit but getting her is impossible, lol. I just got her upgrade unit from the dungeon and favorite'd him until I accidentally pull her down the way.

I did manage to Max out and Sphere Frog my Tridon this weekend. I just need to get his SBB up to 10 but I now have shield for my parties. So sexy.

I wanted to get Fang because I like the look of her unit but getting her is impossible, lol. I just got her upgrade unit from the dungeon and favorite'd him until I accidentally pull her down the way.

Weird. I managed to capture Fei and summon Fang the first time.

I must have gotten lucky that time.

desverger

Elza lead + Maxwell friend doing work at the Frontier Hunter :p

Holy bananas those two SBBs are easy to spark with. Just scored 800k in Middle stage and absolutely destroyed it with just spamming those two SBBs in every stage. Dear lord.

I want to use my Rosetta lead but she's only 4* atm, gonna have to wait for later in this week to evo her :(

edit: And 1,2M in End stage. Holy crap.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am going to be super pissed if I can't get Fang's evo mat. I have been running level 3 over and over and over with no luck.

TimeKillr

Elza lead + Maxwell friend doing work at the Frontier Hunter :p

Holy bananas those two SBBs are easy to spark with. Just scored 800k in Middle stage and absolutely destroyed it with just spamming those two SBBs in every stage. Dear lord.

I want to use my Rosetta lead but she's only 4* atm, gonna have to wait for later in this week to evo her :(

edit: And 1,2M in End stage. Holy crap.

Yeah Maxwell kinda breaks FH, to be honest. With a full crit squad I'm not even trying and hitting 1.5m on end.

It's kind of ridiculous :)

Terminus will be a bit harder since the last boss is Maxwell too, so you need to OHKO her or have mitigation since she still does Endless and such.

garath

Damn. Cost requirements are pretty steep. I have a full party of 5* with one 4* and 5 cost to spare. Evo'ing someone to 6* requires 10 more cost. I'm already up to rank 64. Guess have to keep climbing. I was grinding that Monday event hard last couple Mondays too.

I need to try this frontier hunter thing. Sounds interesting.

TimeKillr

seems like they are finally using the bundle feature lol. It's a pretty good deal!

Yeah, I bought it this morning. It's a *lot* of gems for that price. If only they'd let you buy more, I would buy a few (like maybe 20$ worth) but I guess they don't want people to go overboard.

Damn. Cost requirements are pretty steep. I have a full party of 5* with one 4* and 5 cost to spare. Evo'ing someone to 6* requires 10 more cost. I'm already up to rank 64. Guess have to keep climbing. I was grinding that Monday event hard last couple Mondays too.

I need to try this frontier hunter thing. Sounds interesting.

The single best map for you to grind right now (outside of the monday stuff) is on the St.Lamia map, St.Lamia Palace, Four-Fold Pillar map.

It gives a very, VERY good return for the stamina you'll spend in it. It's what you should focus on if you want to level up quickly.

So yeah, this FH isn't all that hard. Terminus is pretty easy, imo - crit squad with Ardin to make sure to 1-shot Maxwell is pretty simple. I hate that they still have one enemy stages... Those are horrible and just kill your point generation. Anyway, I'm still debating if I'll farm Terminus or End this time around again. Does anyone know the point conversion mechanism? I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of gemmers this time around due to ranks being upped to 26, so I doubt it's worth trying very hard. I can just do End with my eyes closed, so I have a feeling it'll be the best choice.

Corgi

Banned
a little under 1.9m the first try for Terminus.

lario lead
elza
maxwell
shida
shera
zelnite friend

not too bad. Enemies are way more squishy this time. having a hard time not 2 hitting everyone when I want to 3 hit.

garath

Wow. So many rewards for the Frontier hunter. I've only cleared the first two so far and I've gotten a ton of gems, spheres, etc. SS rank on the first one, SSS on the second. Out of high level friends for now so probably take a break.

Yeah, I bought it this morning. It's a *lot* of gems for that price. If only they'd let you buy more, I would buy a few (like maybe 20$ worth) but I guess they don't want people to go overboard.

The single best map for you to grind right now (outside of the monday stuff) is on the St.Lamia map, St.Lamia Palace, Four-Fold Pillar map.

It gives a very, VERY good return for the stamina you'll spend in it. It's what you should focus on if you want to level up quickly.

Thanks, I'll grind that out a bit when I'm not collecting evo materials or doing FH. There's so much to do in this game. Pretty awesome.

desverger

seems like they are finally using the bundle feature lol. It's a pretty good deal!

Wish I could buy it TBH. I would.

I'm using a Canadian app store account since I don't want to play the EU version. But that makes it impossible for me to pay anything for this game (and others), unless I buy a canadian store gift card online or something :p

TimeKillr

a little under 1.9m the first try for Terminus.

lario lead
elza
maxwell
shida
shera
zelnite friend

not too bad. Enemies are way more squishy this time. having a hard time not 2 hitting everyone when I want to 3 hit.

I did 1.5m running dual Maxwell leads with Kuda/Elza/Lario/Ardin and it was pretty easy, but I'm not actively trying to farm points (I'm just OHKOing everything).

I'll do tests on End if my crit squad gives a better return than my elemental change squad (I'll have fun and give them all amanohabakens anyway - this is the only time I wish I had an Orna, though). With my crit squad I get *MASSIVE* points just with Attack Bonus and Overkill, so I really wonder what will give me more. I still get a lot of points with the elemental squad though (Dual Maxwell leads + Lucca + Fiora + Ardin + Elza, all SBB10) so I'll have to check.

garath

Whew. That one was a little closer. Finished the third FH stage. Is there a benefit to doing the earlier stages over again? I don't think I'll be able to do the next if there is one.

Corgi

Banned
the return of the original meta queens :3

RGmpUs9.jpg

5CZ7T6V.jpg

TimeKillr

Whew. That one was a little closer. Finished the third FH stage. Is there a benefit to doing the earlier stages over again? I don't think I'll be able to do the next if there is one.

Yes, there is.

Basically, every time you finish a stage, your stage score is converted into points that are added to your overall running score. When the event finishes, you'll gain one or more ranks depending on where you are on the leaderboard for the points for the event - you can check in-game to see what Hunter Rank you're at, and what rank on the leaderboard you need to be to gain more than one rank.

That's why people gem to get more Orbs - the top 50 gains 5 Hunter Ranks, which is huge as the rewards for higher ranks are very good (the very top rank now, 26, gives you a completely crazy Sphere that combines every single BC buff into one).

The other reason why you'd replay them is if you haven't gotten all the rewards for a single tier, which then you want to replay them to get a higher score so you get the higher rewards.

There's always 4 levels of Frontier Hunter - Entrance, Middle, End and Terminus. Terminus is by far the hardest, and if you're not fully prepared for it you'll most likely die very quickly. If you had a hard time finishing End, don't even waste an orb on Terminus, really.

Corgi

Banned
still find it silly to gem for FH. you will get every reward eventually, and getting to the top quickly will just mean you have nothing to do for months until they raise the cap again.

the OP spheres and units are largely useless in global because content is so far behind and butt easy because we get OP units.

Top Bottom