• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

There's always 4 levels of Frontier Hunter - Entrance, Middle, End and Terminus. Terminus is by far the hardest, and if you're not fully prepared for it you'll most likely die very quickly. If you had a hard time finishing End, don't even waste an orb on Terminus, really.

Some of the wave 5s on End, in some FHs, are harder than the early waves on Terminus.

The first time I managed to beat End I got enough points on Terminus to get a few items.

I didn't beat Terminus, nor get even most of the rewards, but it was still worth throwing an orb at.

TimeKillr

still find it silly to gem for FH. you will get every reward eventually, and getting to the top quickly will just mean you have nothing to do for months until they raise the cap again.

the OP spheres and units are largely useless in global because content is so far behind and butt easy because we get OP units.

I agree it is silly, but some people just have a weird need to be on top all the time? I dunno. At 26 ranks now, though, with one FH every month, you need over 2 years to get to the top, so I can sort of understand wanting to go higher up (Tilith is freaky good, for example) but it's true those spheres are kinda useless due to shit like Tridon/Hadaron and such. It's kinda ridiculous that we get such OP characters, and I don't even want to imagine what the next one will be like. I just won't make the same mistake and I will pull for it, since the Hadaron buff was ridiculously strong and I didn't get him since he sucked badly pre-buff.

Some of the wave 5s on End, in some FHs, are harder than the early waves on Terminus.

The first time I managed to beat End I got enough points on Terminus to get a few items.

I didn't beat Terminus, nor get even most of the rewards, but it was still worth throwing an orb at.

It depends, but it's true. It could be worth it and I'm sure with the Marauder set you can most likely activate 4 SBBs even if you're low level and clear the first wave, but the rest require strategy if you can't one-shot everything.

Corgi

Banned
I agree it is silly, but some people just have a weird need to be on top all the time? I dunno. At 26 ranks now, though, with one FH every month, you need over 2 years to get to the top, so I can sort of understand wanting to go higher up (Tilith is freaky good, for example) but it's true those spheres are kinda useless due to shit like Tridon/Hadaron and such. It's kinda ridiculous that we get such OP characters, and I don't even want to imagine what the next one will be like. I just won't make the same mistake and I will pull for it, since the Hadaron buff was ridiculously strong and I didn't get him since he sucked badly pre-buff.

it's not hard at all to get +2 though, +3 +4 is doable without gems depending on the season. It's gonna be hard this month though because they raised the cap so people come out of retirement.

A lot of HR 21 are are coming out of the woods. Most if not all are gemming. They all want Tesura next month that badly. My rank drops so fast just waiting for my orbs to refill.

Kreed

A lot of HR 21 are are coming out of the woods. Most if not all are gemming. They all want Tesura next month that badly. My rank drops so fast just waiting for my orbs to refill.

Hopefully I can still manage 3 HRs this round (I'm about 3 away from Tilith).

Corgi

Banned
earth SBS unit

HdmAuJn.png

Hits: 10 / 2 DC
Lord Stats:
Atk: 1895 {360}
Def: 2090 {280}
HP: 5980 {700}
Rec: 1955 {280}
LS: Reduction in BB gauge required for BB, reduces the amount of BB gauge used during BB & 15% boost to critical hit chance
15-20% Reduced BC use {100% chance} + 15% reduced BC cost + 15% Crit buff
BB: 22 combo powerful Earth attack to all enemies, negates all status ailments & chance to inflict Paralysis and Poison
22 Hits, 270% AoE + Status immunity for three turns + 50% Paralysis/70% Poison
BC Cost: 27 // BC Gen : 22
SBB: 22 combo powerful Earth attack to all enemies, negates all status ailments & increases allies' BB gauge for 3 turns
22 Hits, 450% AoE + Status immunity for three turns + 5 BB fill per turn for three turns
BC Cost: 26 // BC Gen : 22

Seems pretty underwhelming compare to the other SBS which each had something unique :/

Shouta

Got the prosperity pack but network error'd and I didn't get the gems. Booty. Set a support ticket for it. I've got the receipt though, so I can guarantee I get it, lol.

garath

Got the prosperity pack but network error'd and I didn't get the gems. Booty. Set a support ticket for it. I've got the receipt though, so I can guarantee I get it, lol.

No bundle offers for me yet :( I'd actually consider it. Been having a lot of fun with the game. It's overtaking Chain Chronicle as my favorite phone game.

Xetherion

Check your gift box. I got an error as well but the 5 gems were in my gift box. You'll have to log in and check your gift box each day for the 1 per day gems as well.

TimeKillr

earth SBS unit

Seems pretty underwhelming compare to the other SBS which each had something unique :/

I think it's uniqueness comes from 15-20% Reduced BC use {100% chance}

If this reads correctly, basically if you use a BB or SBB that costs something like 40, it'll cost between 32 to 34 instead of 40, which could be useful for some characters with very high BC costs like Tilith and Tridon... Not to mention all the other BC buffs that come with her.

She's just not broken like the other 3, I guess.

Shouta

Check your gift box. I got an error as well but the 5 gems were in my gift box. You'll have to log in and check your gift box each day for the 1 per day gems as well.

It's not in there either after relaunching the game. They said to wait 24 hours if I don't see it in my box immediately. If I miss a gem as a result of that, that'll be kinda ass.

Xetherion

I think it's uniqueness comes from 15-20% Reduced BC use {100% chance}

If this reads correctly, basically if you use a BB or SBB that costs something like 40, it'll cost between 32 to 34 instead of 40, which could be useful for some characters with very high BC costs like Tilith and Tridon... Not to mention all the other BC buffs that come with her.

She's just not broken like the other 3, I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's just the same BC cashback mechanic that Cardes has. The problem is that mechanic and the reduced BB cost mechanic actually conflict with each other, as reduced cost means you get less cashback. So putting them both on the same unit is actually really stupid.

garath

So the current Rare Summon says Vanberk, Rosetta and Zergel are ready to join the cause. Does this mean a rate up for them or just that they are available in the current pool? I think a Rosetta would be good to have but only have 25 gems for trying. Wouldn't want to do it unless it's a rate up I don't think.

So the current Rare Summon says Vanberk, Rosetta and Zergel are ready to join the cause. Does this mean a rate up for them or just that they are available in the current pool? I think a Rosetta would be good to have but only have 25 gems for trying. Wouldn't want to do it unless it's a rate up I don't think.
There is no rate up for them at all. Hold onto your gems.

Corgi

Banned
Is the Fang evo dungeon a one-time thing, or will it be back? I am done with it. 25 runs on 3 and no drop. Fuck it.

will probably be back. gumi brings back the other fusion mat vortex dungeons often enough. hopefully you'd have gotten maxwell by then, stage 4 is a cake walk with her!

I'm pretty sure it's just the same BC cashback mechanic that Cardes has. The problem is that mechanic and the reduced BB cost mechanic actually conflict with each other, as reduced cost means you get less cashback. So putting them both on the same unit is actually really stupid.

yeah its really weird. Just gumi goofing around with parameters without thinking, like usual.

btw: her summon rate is up if anyone wants. I'd wait for the 'rebalance' lol.

vortex is up too. more free gem

TimeKillr

Heh, that's true. It's absurd, really.

If Hadaron got an OP buff, I'm sure this one will too eventually, so we'll see what happens.

I'm miffed I didn't get Hadaron, so I'll get this one for sure.

Corgi

Banned
problem with hadaron is that his only use is the dumb exploit that will probably be fixed someday. he doesn't have any other use!

desverger

Goddamn Frontier Hunter filled my unit box with frogs. Now I have no space to gather evo mats :(

Do you guys think a Guardian type Rosetta is worth Evolving to 6*?

Corgi

Banned
Goddamn Frontier Hunter filled my unit box with frogs. Now I have no space to gather evo mats :(

Do you guys think a Guardian type Rosetta is worth Evolving to 6*?

sure. typing means pretty much jack shit in this game, every is viable :p

And rosetta is easily one of the top units atm.

Xetherion

Heh, I just counted and I have 42 burst frogs.

I'm pretty stingy with them - I typically get my BBs to 6 or 7 before I use them. Helps a lot.

I don't know how you guys save up so many burst frogs. I also usually wait til 6 or 7 to use them, but i never have enough for all the units i'm raising. However, I did just blow through 9 frogs to get Shida from SBB 1 to SBB 10, since FH already started and all.

Decided to use the summon ticket I got from leveling to 80. Got Selena Stalker Arius for my troubles. When do summoning tickets usually get cheap again?

Corgi

Banned
from twitch stream:

Q&A:
Raids
There will be a closed beta at some point, will be announced on their forums/social media sites.
Beta Testers will be chosen randomly, have access to early raid testing to give feedbacks/help with iron out issues.
Trial X2
Will be launched "at an appropriate time".
Features Battle Maidens.
User questions:
"Can you tell us what took so long to get raids ready and how will it be spaced up, RC1-2-3, etc"
A lot of the preparation went into making sure it's smooth without connectivity issues.
Raids will go live with RC1-2-3 and will also have Global exclusive Raid Quests.
"When are Battle Maidens making a comeback?"
We will re-open older dungeons when their 6 stars are available.
"When can we expect Grand Quests to arrive:"
ETA: April
"Will we see vortexes/6 version of Global units"*
Plan on re-opening vortexes when their 6* are up, no ETA
"Possibility of having campaigns that doesn't only cater to newer players"
Looking at it. Appreciate the feedbacks etc, no details.
Hogar/Mifune, etc, fixes: Working on it, most of them will require a patch update, no ETA.
Still looking into bugs/issues, post on the forum if you encounter any.

cool that they are dropping all the raid stuff at once.

desverger

I don't know how you guys save up so many burst frogs. I also usually wait til 6 or 7 to use them, but i never have enough for all the units i'm raising. However, I did just blow through 9 frogs to get Shida from SBB 1 to SBB 10, since FH already started and all.

My problem is I don't really have any 6* units - only 5 so far, Elza, Ultor, Tridon, Ciara and Orna - and I don't want to use burst frogs on anything else but a 6*, since the levels are essentially lost/halved :p

I usually wait till I get an unit I want and can afford to 6*, but that takes time.

After trying out different teams, finally able to OTK Maxwell with a dark team and Maxwell leads. I was having some BC trouble, so I switched out Cardes for Lario. That helped a lot, but dropped a bit in damage.

My dark team, I ran:

Maxwell lead
Shida
Kuda
Elza
Cardes
Maxwell friend

I scored 1.65 million. No deaths and only used items on the first round.

I got better score with this team:
Maxwell lead
Shida
Kuda
Elza
Lario
Maxwell friend

I'm still able to OTK Maxwell and I scored 1.69 million after dying on two different waves. Used brute elixirs on 3 waves. Had my units survived, would have scored a lot higher. Aiming for 1.8 mil with the latter team. Forgot my Kuda isn't sbb10 yet either.

The spark bonus in Terminus got hella nerfed. I'm scoring 100-500 on average. If I'm lucky, I score 1,000 spark bonus per wave.

Kreed

After trying out different teams, finally able to OTK Maxwell with a dark team and Maxwell leads. I was having some BC trouble, so I switched out Cardes for Lario. That helped a lot, but dropped a bit in damage.

My dark team, I ran:

Maxwell lead
Shida
Kuda
Elza
Cardes
Maxwell friend

I scored 1.65 million. No deaths and only used items on the first round.

I got better score with this team:
Maxwell lead
Shida
Kuda
Elza
Lario
Maxwell friend

I'm still able to OTK Maxwell and I scored 1.69 million after dying on two different waves. Used brute elixirs on 3 waves. Had my units survived, would have scored a lot higher. Aiming for 1.8 mil with the latter team. Forgot my Kuda isn't sbb10 yet either.

The spark bonus in Terminus got hella nerfed. I'm scoring 100-500 on average. If I'm lucky, I score 1,000 spark bonus per wave.

I'm running your second team except I'm using Luther in place of Elza. I've had much better results with Rosetta over Maxwell friend though in regards to BB, OTKs, and points (I swap out Luther with Zelnite if I run a Rosetta friend).

Corgi

Banned
pretty consistent 2.1 - 2.2mil with my team posted above when i figured out the timing right for 3 turn ko each round besides maxwell.

Got 1.73 mil and didn't kill Maxwell. Maxwell killed me lol.
I'm running your second team except I'm using Luther in place of Elza. I've had much better results with Rosetta over Maxwell friend though in regards to BB, OTKs, and points (I swap out Luther with Zelnite if I run a Rosetta friend).
Don't have a Luther and my Rosetta is still 5 star. Won't have her ready for this FH, but I'll raise her later.

Corgi

Banned
tried rosetta, but found lario lead to work bette. Rosetta's spark buffs makes the party too strong, which makes it real hard to 3 turn ko.

will try Fei Fang instead of elza tomorrow when I get the fusion mat.

I'm only using Luther because I don't have Elza for Spark Buff.
Oh.

Tried Maxwell again and I got 1.8 mil after dying to her again. Didn't get a single crit either. Its weird. Same team OTK her easy a few hours, but this time I barely take her down to 50% hp? Debating putting in Cardes again. Oh yeah, forgot my Kuda only has sbb8. Gonna try and max him today.

Xetherion

Oh.

Tried Maxwell again and I got 1.8 mil after dying to her again. Didn't get a single crit either. Its weird. Same team OTK her easy a few hours, but this time I barely take her down to 50% hp? Debating putting in Cardes again. Oh yeah, forgot my Kuda only has sbb8. Gonna try and max him today.

It's the RNG of 70% crit rate. I have the same problem, either my units crit and annihilate her or they don't and she annihilates them.

I am more convinced than ever that there is a bonus to BC drops based on raw damage.

If I use an Attack Potion + Demon Flute on wave 1 of Terminus, my team takes 3 turns to fill up BB, consistently.

If I don't use the attack potion, and just use the flute, it takes 4. Also consistently.

I've been doing this because I want the attack potion buff on the turn I go off, so have been delaying it until I'm ready to go.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That new dungeon destroyed my ass... had to gem through it.. I got the drop on the 1st time on the 2nd stage.. but had to gem.. then wasted 2 gems on the 3rd tier. Didn't drop.. but I was more mad that I was getting destroyed.

Need to have someone or something to stop getting paralyzed for sure.. or mono-fire.

Hits like a tank.

It's the RNG of 70% crit rate. I have the same problem, either my units crit and annihilate her or they don't and she annihilates them.
That RNG is a cruel mistress.
I somehow got a ton overkills one run and scored 1.97 mil. My highest ever with Double Maxwell.

After seeing Ushi's video about his 3 turn kill and multi-kill/overkill to rack up the most points, might as well try that team setup. Will have to borrow someone's Rosetta haha. The only unit I'm missing is Shera, so Darvanshel will have to do. Hopefully, I break 2 million with this team.

Well, what do you know. 2.04 million and I messed up on wave 2 by killing them turn 2 and not getting the highest overkill and 2 units dying on Maxwell. Alright, gonna raise Rosetta asap. The Rosetta friend I used only had sbb1 and the damage wasn't that great.

garath

Wow. miracle totems are no joke. I barely pulled it out with kettle's ezra in my team. Was doing ok until 3 of his AoE attacks in a row, wiped everyone but my ciara and kettle's ezra.

But got my first miracle totem yay. Unfortunately I don't have the cost to evolve anyone :(

When I do.. should I just evolve Ciara first as she's my leader or maybe Orna since she seems like she'll be a consistent party member for a long time?

Ciara 5* (leader)
Semira 5*
Orna 5*
Eve 5*
Yujeh 4*

desverger

Wow. miracle totems are no joke. I barely pulled it out with kettle's ezra in my team. Was doing ok until 3 of his AoE attacks in a row, wiped everyone but my ciara and kettle's ezra.

But got my first miracle totem yay. Unfortunately I don't have the cost to evolve anyone :(

When I do.. should I just evolve Ciara first as she's my leader or maybe Orna since she seems like she'll be a consistent party member for a long time?

Ciara 5* (leader)
Semira 5*
Orna 5*
Eve 5*
Yujeh 4*

Ezra? Elza? :)

Yeah I swapped my Ultor to Elza for FH. Not sure if Ultor would've helped you more, since he also gives a defense buff. Then again his taunt is kind of useless against the Miracle Totem. Glad you finished it though!

It's funny to reflect on this since it feels like only a few weeks back when I was having trouble with the Miracle Totem myself.

As for your units, I would most likely go along with your sentiment and evolve Orna to 6* first. Ciara does have slightly better stat distribution than Orna, but Ciara's 6* isn't a huge bump to her 5* form, whereas Orna gets a huge 50% crit boost (at max level SBB) to her arsenal.

garath

Ezra? Elza? :)

Yeah I swapped my Ultor to Elza for FH. Not sure if Ultor would've helped you more, since he also gives a defense buff. Then again his taunt is kind of useless against the Miracle Totem. Glad you finished it though!

It's funny to reflect on this since it feels like only a few weeks back when I was having trouble with the Miracle Totem myself.

As for your units, I would most likely go along with your sentiment and evolve Orna to 6* first. Ciara does have slightly better stat distribution than Orna, but Ciara's 6* isn't a huge bump to her 5* form, whereas Orna gets a huge 50% crit boost (at max level SBB) to her arsenal.

Elza! lol. Whoops :)

Yeah. I think I'm leaning hard toward Orna. Just realized she isn't maxed though whoops. I have all the evo materials so I'm just grinding some metal keys to get her to 80 quick.

Level 70 I'll have enough cost to keep the current party with Orna at 6*. I just hit 66 so I guess it's not too far away. Probably just evolve her and retire Yujeh for a basic healer for a bit till I hit it.

Corgi

Banned
rule of thumb.

BB generation is king in this game over all stats and buffs.

Leader skills that boost BB generation are the best unless we are talking 1hit ko, which is getting less and less viable with more and more bosses getting crit resistance.

garath

rule of thumb.

Leader skills that boost BB generation are the best unless we are talking 1hit ko, which is getting less and less viable with more and more bosses getting crit resistance.

Hmm.. Good call.

Maybe Orna should also be my leader then with her added BB for getting attacked.. gonna make that switch I think..

edit: So I evolved Orna to 6* and since I had a lot of burst frogs kicking around I also hit level 10 BB on her. But according to the in-game text, she doesn't get the crit bonus on the super BB, just the regular? Is that right? That would suck.

edit2: Actually maybe I read that wrong and its the other way around lol. Yep. Definitely read it wrong. We're good :)

rule of thumb.

Odd, because lately I've been thinking directly opposite of this.

As BC drops for normal attacks and BB/SBBs have gone up and up, BB generation leadership skills have become less important. My phone's Arena party uses a Maxwell lead and still has Endless up on the 2nd turn fully half the time, and she _always_ has Genesis ready to go.

Two Elzas or something like Darvanshel + Tridon, both get me to full SBB every round against 2 enemies, neither does against one.

Top Bottom