• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Rosetta is freaking ridiculous for FH. Don't even have her max or even bb 10 since I got Elza for Spark, but her leaderskill is so good. Most of my units have their bb and the gauge is partially filled for sbb before getting those crystals. Everyone besides Shida on turn 1. I never have to worry about bc generation again with Rosetta as my lead. Got 2.26 mil, the run only took longer. OTK teams don't score the highest anymore.
Deemo was fun as leader too.

Corgi

Banned
Odd, because lately I've been thinking directly opposite of this.

As BC drops for normal attacks and BB/SBBs have gone up and up, BB generation leadership skills have become less important.

Two Elzas or something like Darvanshel + Tridon, both get me to full SBB every round against 2 enemies, neither does against one.

BC drops have pretty much averaged out around 20s these days (besides ridiculous maxwell) until we get 7*

I need to see what kind of darvanshel + tridon setup you are using to get full sbb against 2 enemies though :p

also you high level folks need to step up your FH game!

B-OBgXvIEAAFqEi.jpg

I need to see what kind of darvanshel + tridon setup you are using to get full sbb against 2 enemies though :p[/IMG]

My standard auto farming party is Darvanshel(lead), Elza, Maxwell, Alice, Kuhla.

I can pair that with any lead and have no issues with BB. I just pick whichever friend is first in my list.

My current FH group is Maxwell leads + Elza, Orna, Lucca, and Ardin, and again have no problem with BC gen.

EDIT: The Arena group I was referring to is Maxwell(lead), Ardin, Elza, Len, Len. Admittedly this one is pretty abusive.

Corgi

Banned
My standard auto farming party is Darvanshel(lead), Elza, Maxwell, Alice, Kuhla.

I can pair that with any lead and have no issues with BB. I just pick whichever friend is first in my list.

My current FH group is Maxwell leads + Elza, Orna, Lucca, and Ardin, and again have no problem with BC gen.

why alice? For the heal?

and yeah its not hard to SBB spam with most party setups these days. its those single enemy guys in the middle round that screw stuff up. Good BB boosting leaders makes it easier to refill all the SBB's in 1-2 rounds.

Yeah, I have Alice in there for the heal. I probably don't need it but I like having Alice and Elza in the same party, and Alice was my first "good" unit.

Althane

So, I'm still fairly new, I started some time last year, but then basically ditched it. Now that I have an iPad, I'm back playing (and I FB linked my account, so I still have my past account. Woot.)

What's the best way to level up my heroes? Is there anything equivalent to the Pengdra/Metal Dragon cycle from Puzzle and Dragons?

Also, given the number of "% increase to all" heroes, is a rainbow team better than a focused team?

Xetherion

If you go in the Vortex there is a locked dungeon called Metal Parade. You need a Metal Key to open it, you can collect one Mon - Fri in the Imperial Capital Randall, except Wed which gives a Jewel Key instead.

Mono teams are out of favor these days, but which is better for you will depend on what units you have. Rainbow teams are usually easier to make in the early game, but if you pulled a bunch of Dark units or something then a mono team might be better for you.

Kreed

pretty consistent 2.1 - 2.2mil with my team posted above when i figured out the timing right for 3 turn ko each round besides maxwell.

I decided to try your set up once I realized that Tridon could function in Shera's role on your team since I don't have any attack Mitigators. I'm definitely scoring higher and more consistently with this set up, and it's much safer than occasionally failing to OTK Maxwell with my previous Maxwell + Rosetta set up.

desverger

All this talk about Frontier Hunter made me gather up enough courage and finally try the Terminus stage. Last season I did really poorly, only managing to score something like 400k because all the waves took ages to kill and I just tanked through it to the bitter end.

I didn't have a Max friend available so I took Corgi's Lario, Elza Lead, Orna, Shera, Yujeh, and Lilly Matah. Lilly was there mostly because I didn't really have anything else. I would've most likely taken Rosetta and made her lead, if she wasn't 5* and level 6 lol. Just before going in I slapped a Steeple Rose and Masamune for my Elza.

Anyway, long story short, I managed to 3TKO 5 stages out of 7 and scored 1.3M, just enough for all the rewards! Really happy about that. Maxwell wiped me, even though I managed to almost empty her health bar.

Shera was absolutely vital for my success and to be able to get 50% mitigation every turn was basically what carried me over. That, and the ridiculous 40 hit SBB from Corgi's Lario :p

Corgi

Banned
All this talk about Frontier Hunter made me gather up enough courage and finally try the Terminus stage. Last season I did really poorly, only managing to score something like 400k because all the waves took ages to kill and I just tanked through it to the bitter end.

I didn't have a Max friend available so I took Corgi's Lario, Elza Lead, Orna, Shera, Yujeh, and Lilly Matah. Lilly was there mostly because I didn't really have anything else. I would've most likely taken Rosetta and made her lead, if she wasn't 5* and level 6 lol. Just before going in I slapped a Steeple Rose and Masamune for my Elza.

Anyway, long story short, I managed to 3TKO 5 stages out of 7 and scored 1.3M, just enough for all the rewards! Really happy about that. Maxwell wiped me, even though I managed to almost empty her health bar.

Shera was absolutely vital for my success and to be able to get 50% mitigation every turn was basically what carried me over. That, and the ridiculous 40 hit SBB from Corgi's Lario :p

its not just the 40 hit move, everything from his LS to his SBB buff makes him easily one of the best BB generating units, if not the best BB generating units right now.

LS: Combat Magic - Increase BC drop rate during spark (70%) and reduced BB gauge required to activate BB (15% reduce)
Hit Count: 10 (2 drop checks per 1 hit)
BB: 13 powerful combos earth elemental attack to all enemies (190%) (23 BC to fill)
SBB: 40 powerful combos earth elemental attack to all enemies (390%) and increase BC drop rate for 3 turns (20%) (20 BC to fill)

You definitely should farm one, especially if you are planning on using rosetta, because his 40 hit sbb is easy to spark with :3

desverger

its not just the 40 hit move, everything from his LS to his SBB buff makes him easily one of the best BB generating units, if not the best BB generating units right now.

You definitely should farm one, especially if you are planning on using rosetta, because his 40 hit sbb is easy to spark with :3

Yeah I will. I actually got one from honor summon, but sold him thinking he was something like Thief Leon, lol. Oh well, I'll get another soon enough. I haven't progressed enough in the story to be able to play a map where I could capture him with a decent rate.

Xetherion

I decided to try your set up once I realized that Tridon could function in Shera's role on your team since I don't have any attack Mitigators. I'm definitely scoring higher and more consistently with this set up, and it's much safer than occasionally failing to OTK Maxwell with my previous Maxwell + Rosetta set up.

Decided to give this a try since I don't have Shera. Corgi, what spheres do you have on your team?

Edit: Scored 2.1m. Managed to 3TK every round except Maxwell. Still beat Maxwell after her angel idol buff, though I was down to just Tridon, Lario and my Maxwell left alive by the time I finished her.

I could equip more damage spheres for a better chance of 2TK Maxwell, but that would make it hard not to kill the other rounds too early. Had to guard with some peeps to keep from 2TK some of the waves as it was.

I need more Lario friends. Corgi, do you have room to add me? 8979856094 if you do.

Kreed

So of the dozens of sphere recipes out there, which ones are actually useful and which ones should I just never bother crafting?

Sol Creator and Amanohabaken are the two most useful spheres to craft (you have to craft a bunch of other spheres to make these). There are other useful spheres but you'll end up replacing most of them with Frontier Hunter rewards and Gumi's endless Vortex spheres.

Corgi

Banned
Decided to give this a try since I don't have Shera. Corgi, what spheres do you have on your team?

Edit: Scored 2.1m. Managed to 3TK every round except Maxwell. Still beat Maxwell after her angel idol buff, though I was down to just Tridon, Lario and my Maxwell left alive by the time I finished her.

I could equip more damage spheres for a better chance of 2TK Maxwell, but that would make it hard not to kill the other rounds too early. Had to guard with some peeps to keep from 2TK some of the waves as it was.

I need more Lario friends. Corgi, do you have room to add me? 8979856094 if you do.

just legwands for the most part.

Xetherion

Corgi, is your IGN Cdig? I got a friend request from this person but can't accept because they're at the maximum number of friends.

Xetherion

try now.

fei and fang's been pretty good for me in FH. Having 3 units that do instant BB fill makes the single unit stages easy to manage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AwFXX-BZus&feature=youtu.be&a

It went through, thanks.

I also found a way to make the single unit stages easy to manage; I set Elza as my Leader instead of Zelnite. I realized that Lario's LS boosts BC drop rate during Spark so much that it actually goes over 100%, so the BC drop boost from Zelnite is a waste. 100% drop rate (on Spark) plus 50% fill rate works wonders though, I'm usually able to get everyone's SBB full or nearly full, then Zelnite S/BB finishes filling em up.

Corgi

Banned
It went through, thanks.

I also found a way to make the single unit stages easy to manage; I set Elza as my Leader instead of Zelnite. I realized that Lario's LS boosts BC drop rate during Spark so much that it actually goes over 100%, so the BC drop boost from Zelnite is a waste. 100% drop rate (on Spark) plus 50% fill rate works wonders though, I'm usually able to get everyone's SBB full or nearly full, then Zelnite S/BB finishes filling em up.
Don't know lario and zelnite still works the best in FH if you want to do 3 turn ko while keep sbb filled. Especially against single bosses.

garath

Nice. Got offered the prosperity bundle. That's a good deal! 3.50 or so for essentially 35 gems? Sold. First money I've spent on the game. Now I need something to spend the gems on lol

Raika

Just started and got Bolt Knight Amy followed by Inferno Elza. Is there anything I should focus on doing as a newbie or do I just clear the normal quests? Are there godfests in this game or should I rare summon every time I get 5 gems? :eek:

Nice. Got offered the prosperity bundle. That's a good deal! 3.50 or so for essentially 35 gems? Sold. First money I've spent on the game. Now I need something to spend the gems on lol
Got that bundle too. Couldn't say no to 35 gems for $3.70. Way better than their Christmas one which was like 20% more gems.

Just started and got Bolt Knight Amy followed by Inferno Elza. Is there anything I should focus on doing as a newbie or do I just clear the normal quests? Are there godfests in this game or should I rare summon every time I get 5 gems? :eek:
Level up your Elza and summon when the rates are up for a particular unit you want. If you have 15 energy, do the metal parade. You'll gain a lot of exp if you just started. Shame the Friday vortex dungeon just ended. You could have done that for 3k exp for 15 energy as long as you can clear it.

garath

You guys are making me jealous with that bundle :/

Guess I should go and look for some iTunes gift cards from ebay!

I normally just leave the game running and hit home and I never saw the bundle until yesterday the game crashed and when I restarted it, it downloaded a patch and suddenly I had the bundle avail.

desverger

I normally just leave the game running and hit home and I never saw the bundle until yesterday the game crashed and when I restarted it, it downloaded a patch and suddenly I had the bundle avail.

It's not a question of seeing the bundle actually, it's not being able to buy it since I use a Canadian account from Europe :p

chrono01

I have a few more days until the bundle expires. It's cheap [$4.59 CDN], and you get 35 Magic Gems out of it. I know it should be an easy purchase for me, especially considering I spent money on in-game currency in the past.

And yet, here I am debating it. :/

Limit

I have a few more days until the bundle expires. It's cheap [$4.59 CDN], and you get 35 Magic Gems out of it. I know it should be an easy purchase for me, especially considering I spent money on in-game currency in the past.

And yet, here I am debating it. :/

I found myself in the same position, contemplating if it was worth buying it or not. The reason I found myself debating is that I already have all the current top tier characters, defeated everything all that there is to defeat, and currently have 150 gems just sitting around. So no reason to buy the gems. In the end I ended up buying it because a. It is a really good deal and b. Those 7 stars are going to be a pain in the butt to acquire given that you need a rainbow gate for them to even show up.

chrono01

I found myself in the same position, contemplating if it was worth buying it or not. The reason I found myself debating is that I already have all the current top tier characters, defeated everything all that there is to defeat, and currently have 150 gems just sitting around. So no reason to buy the gems. In the end I ended up buying it because a. It is a really good deal and b. Those 7 stars are going to be a pain in the butt to acquire given that you need a rainbow gate for them to even show up.
Yeah, I'll give it today to think about it and decide tomorrow. It is a good deal, and it's not as though the Magic Gems expire. They can just sit there until I need them.

I've spent over 300 energy trying to get Lario so far, and I have not gotten a single one. This is punishment from the RNG for catching Zebra on my first try.

Corgi

Banned
rank 3700 atm.

There is no way to get +4 without gemming this season lol.

oh well. Guess ill get tilith... in 2 months!

Man, this sucks. I gemmed twice and was under rank 3000. I was at 2953 at the last 2 minutes, but dropped to 3022. I hope Gumi eliminates 22 hackers so I can get 2 sphere frogs. Tilith, here I come!

desverger

Wanted Zergel, got Narza, Grybe and Vishra lol.

Thanks for the event summons, BF!

Grybe and Vishra seem like proper rubbish units at least.

desverger

Don't get why people voted for zergel. He's pretty average compare to everyone else. Rip darvanshel

If we're just looking at the LS ability, isn't he basically a better Elza?

And yeah, I could make a super tank squad now. Got 4 mitigators (Oulu, Shera, Darvanshel, Narza) + Ultor!

But yeah, Narza seems pretty great. Guardian type as usual!

Corgi

Banned
If we're just looking at the LS ability, isn't he basically a better Elza?

And yeah, I could make a super tank squad now. Got 4 mitigators (Oulu, Shera, Darvanshel, Narza) + Ultor!

But yeah, Narza seems pretty great. Guardian type as usual!
He's fine for arena but attack is a pretty pointless buff compare to critical weakness spark. Only useful for arena because that's about the only time you will be using normal attacks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did a few summons. Got some good stuff, but a Zelnite (L) makes me happy. Matah popped out as well.

Also another Shera haha.

Top Bottom