• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

desverger

Thanks - quite happy. Also did 2 more since I may be drunk. Rosetta and Jack Frost. Yay/nay?

Lol, don't drink and summon.

Rosetta is great, arguably the best spark leader atm. I'm currently working mine up to lv100, just evolved her to 6* today. She also may be Corgi's waifu?

Jack Frost.. well, I guess he has the highest hp in the game? Other than that, I can't think of what's good about him :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lol, don't drink and summon.

Rosetta is great, arguably the best spark leader atm. I'm currently working mine up to lv100, just evolved her to 6* today. She also may be Corgi's waifu?

Jack Frost.. well, I guess he has the highest hp in the game? Other than that, I can't think of what's good about him :p

Yeah we are in Epcot today in Disney. My first meal was beer today. A+

Xetherion

Don't get why people voted for zergel. He's pretty average compare to everyone else. Rip darvanshel

Highest atk buff in game, bc fill on BB plus good arena ai, good offensive bb spam LS.

Also will work great with Kira, you won't want Kuda any more if you have those 2.

Corgi

Banned
rosetta is great. infinite BB spam, that spark LS + spark sbb. Probably the best well rounded offensive leader in the game atm.

Highest atk buff in game, bc fill on BB plus good arena ai, good offensive bb spam LS.

Also will work great with Kira, you won't want Kuda any more if you have those 2.

Have shera so the 50% attack difference doesn't make much of a difference.

Don't think i've used Kuda in months outside of being a staple on my arena team. With halloween spheres/lexida... pretty much any multitarget BB unit is great for arena atm

4 Summons:

Zergel (B)
Belfura (L)
Rosetta (G)
Zelnite (L)

Still no Shera. Will start leveling up Zergel soon. Now I have 5/6 rate up units. I'll get a summon ticket tomorrow and try my luck then.

garath

Did a few pulls. No names I'm familiar with. Any diamond in rough?

Shida
Zelban
Melchio
Shera
Kuhla

Not sure if I should keep pulling lol. I had a decent chunk of gems.. 3 more pulls if I want.

edit: I see shera mentioned a few times. That's good :p

edit2: Shera and Melchio seem pretty good.

Shida is excellent for FH. Shera is good for pretty much anything.
Melcbio for status immunity and added light attack to your party, but so many units do that already.

garath

Woot. Next pull was an Elza. That's what I'm talking about.

edit: then a themis and a tiara

Any point keeping these lower tier units?

Shouta

Man, get an email from support yesterday from Gumi, send my Receipt and Google Play history and they still haven't fixed the deal for me. -_-

Kreed

Woot. Next pull was an Elza. That's what I'm talking about.

edit: then a themis and a tiara

Any point keeping these lower tier units?

I'd hold on to at least one of every unique unit despite current tier rankings. Besides situations where their unique abilities may come in handy (ex: Themis in Maxwell's Trial), Alim buffs and adds new forms to old units to keep them up to date and players wanting to summon them (they are in the process of adding 7 star forms now to old units like Kiriki and Sefia, who are now top tier again)

garath

I'd hold on to at least one of every unique unit despite current tier rankings. Besides situations where their unique abilities may come in handy (ex: Themis in Maxwell's Trial), Alim buffs and adds new forms to old units to keep them up to date and players wanting to summon them (they are in the process of adding 7 star forms now to old units like Kiriki and Sefia, who are now top tier again)

Ugh. Guess that means I'm investing in some unit space :(

Man, get an email from support yesterday from Gumi, send my Receipt and Google Play history and they still haven't fixed the deal for me. -_-

I hope that I never get an issue, because Gumi's support sounds awful. Hopefully they come through for you in the end, even though you might be in for the long haul.

Raika

So uh... I think I kinda broke the summon machine as a new player who's only spent $5 on the new year bundle so far...

All my rare summons in order:

Amy (B)
Elza (O)
Zergel (G)
Elza (A)
Lilly Matah (G)
Melchio (G)

Wtf RNG.

TimeKillr

I did a few, notable pulls are Shida (oracle though, but hey it's a Shida), Anima Rosetta, 2 Lillys (I don't need em, not sure if I'll keep them) and a 4th Elza.

I'm happy, I wanted a Rosetta and a Shida.

garath

I really wanted a Zelnite and managed to scrape up enough gems for one more pull today and pulled.... a Zelnite :) Hooray.

So other than Rosetta, I think I got everything I wanted. Dunno, still new to the game. Just happy about Elza, Shera and Zelnite.

Now I guess it's time to save for those new units. Wow.

edit: the best part about these pulls is I have some units to level and make different parties with now. I was getting a little bored with my current party.

garath

So my current team is:

Orna (6*) leader
Ciara (5*)
Semira (5*)
Eve (5*)
Yujeh (4*)

With my new units (Shera, Zelnite, Elza), I was thinking about mixing it up a little bit:

Elza leader
Semira
Shera
Zelnite
Orna

Maybe a different leader? Orna is the only 6* I can have for right now due to cost (I'm level 72) but thinking Elza should be the next 6* and probably Zelnite the lowest priority for getting to 5*

Thoughts?

And I guess I need to start working on Shida for an arena party. Probably do something like Shida, Ciara, Semira, Elza, Orna for my arena party.

Corgi

Banned
So my current team is:

Orna (6*) leader
Ciara (5*)
Semira (5*)
Eve (5*)
Yujeh (4*)

With my new units (Shera, Zelnite, Elza), I was thinking about mixing it up a little bit:

Elza leader
Semira
Shera
Zelnite
Orna

Maybe a different leader? Orna is the only 6* I can have for right now due to cost (I'm level 72) but thinking Elza should be the next 6* and probably Zelnite the lowest priority for getting to 5*

Thoughts?

And I guess I need to start working on Shida for an arena party. Probably do something like Shida, Ciara, Semira, Elza, Orna for my arena party.

depends on what you are trying to build a squad for.

normal quests are easy enough that a party of any recent units can be fine. Everything else usually has their own quirks you should build a party around.

Zelnite should actually be your priority to 6*. He's easily the best unit in the game in terms of versatility.

He's a really good swiss army knife.

Althane

Doing some teambuilding and such exercises. I'm largely stuck on evo mats, need to get Idols to make the jump from 4* to 5* heroes.

Current heroes that I'm using:

• Bolt Knight Amy
  • Garroter Shida
  • Lancia
  • Great Tree Alneu
  • Brave Legend Hogar
  • Inventor Elulu
  • Thunder King Eze
  • Final Unicorn guy evolution (fabulouscorn?)

That's also (perhaps coincidentally) pretty much my list of guys I've drawn (I evolved Unicorn dude because A) looks awesome and B) needed a Light hero). Any suggestions on how to get a team together to fight through the harder evolution dungeons? Any farmable monsters I should be looking out for?

Kreed

Doing some teambuilding and such exercises. I'm largely stuck on evo mats, need to get Idols to make the jump from 4* to 5* heroes.

Current heroes that I'm using:

• Bolt Knight Amy
  • Garroter Shida
  • Lancia
  • Great Tree Alneu
  • Brave Legend Hogar
  • Inventor Elulu
  • Thunder King Eze
  • Final Unicorn guy evolution (fabulouscorn?)

That's also (perhaps coincidentally) pretty much my list of guys I've drawn (I evolved Unicorn dude because A) looks awesome and B) needed a Light hero). Any suggestions on how to get a team together to fight through the harder evolution dungeons? Any farmable monsters I should be looking out for?

Hogar, Tree, and Shida are your best units (Shida's full potential being reserved for 6 star). I'd lead with Hogar and focus on a spark team.

As far as farming units, besides the starter units that you get from Honor Summon/Vortex dungeons, you should be farming the following units in order of usefulness:

Lario, Mifune, Weiss, Zephu, Luna, Zegar

However until you evolve them to their 6 star forms they are mostly team filler. The easiest place to farm these units when you're first starting out is on the St. Lamia map in Quest mode, but the drop rate and appearance rates are horrible in comparison to harder maps and Vortex dungeons.

Althane

Hogar, Tree, and Shida are your best units (Shida's full potential being reserved for 6 star). I'd lead with Hogar and focus on a spark team.

As far as farming units, besides the starter units that you get from Honor Summon/Vortex dungeons, you should be farming the following units in order of usefulness:

Lario, Mifune, Weiss, Zephu, Luna, Zegar

However until you evolve them to their 6 star forms they are mostly team filler. The easiest place to farm these units when you're first starting out is on the St. Lamia map in Quest mode, but the drop rate and appearance rates are horrible in comparison to harder maps and Vortex dungeons.

I just got 4* Semira from the draw, any good there as well?

I guess I should work on the quest mode, then. I've basically been sitting in the Vortex doing the various quests there.

Kreed

I just got 4* Semira from the draw, any good there as well?

I guess I should work on the quest mode, then. I've basically been sitting in the Vortex doing the various quests there.

Semira is a great unit, especially since you're just starting out. You can use her as a mono dark/light lead, which will help you clear a lot of early content prior to BB spam and Critical teams taking over.

I think time would make me think Super Metal Parade is worth it even if it's worth less XP/key.

But that's easy for me to say, it's been months since I've run a metal parade outside of trying to get ghosts/kings to evolve metal mimics.

And I still have like a hundred crystals laying around.

Corgi

Banned
Maintenance extended :(. Good thing I stayed up until 2 am yesterday so I don't have to worry about the login bonus.

wouldn't matter. they are good about compensation and if game is off too much they just max out everyone'a daily gift bar as compensation.

Xetherion

I can't even update the game. Can't get the damn update to show up in the Amazon App store. Edit: Had to go Updates tab and hit refresh. Finally worked.

FatalT

Banned
I would love to be able to get addicted to this game but for the past week it keeps hanging up at "Checking files..." with the little white silhouette soldier walking. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, opened it and closed it but nothing works. It always gets stuck there with the poor little guy perpetually walking but getting nowhere. Has anyone else had this issue before?

garath

I would love to be able to get addicted to this game but for the past week it keeps hanging up at "Checking files..." with the little white silhouette soldier walking. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, opened it and closed it but nothing works. It always gets stuck there with the poor little guy perpetually walking but getting nowhere. Has anyone else had this issue before?

Gotta let it go. It takes a LONG time to get in. It'll spin on that checking files for ages before finally opening. Just wait it out. Its why I just leave the game running in the background.

On the bright side, since this update it seems to load faster.

Tons of compensation for the outage today. Lots of imps, a summon ticket and 3x metal keys.

Purdy

Just installed this game on my Z3.

Get to the bit where I enter my name and choose between Fire/Earth/Water/Lightning. After that bit I just get an unexpected error, restarted phone, reinstalled it. Any ideas?

Corgi

Banned
Just installed this game on my Z3.

Get to the bit where I enter my name and choose between Fire/Earth/Water/Lightning. After that bit I just get an unexpected error, restarted phone, reinstalled it. Any ideas?

server is coming back after a long maintenance and major client upgrade best wait a bit.

Wow I lost almost all my progress in Ryvern. The Earth, Thunder and Light dungeons all reset. So much energy wasted. I wonder if it's even worth going to support for this though, over just completing the maps again.

Corgi

Banned
Wow I lost almost all my progress in Ryvern. The Earth, Thunder and Light dungeons all reset. So much energy wasted. I wonder if it's even worth going to support for this though, over just completing the maps again.

Free gems for clearing them again. whats to complain?

Top Bottom