• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

hmmm so i want to take out half blood princess lvl 2 and i have a time limit of sort...

current squad

60 hell king hades
49 scythe alice
38 goth idol kikuri
31 royal elimo
47 royal elimo

cost 47/48 lvl 39 atm

in my bullpin for low level or too costly reasons.

lvl 10 scythe alice
lvl1 shida
lvl 60 goth kikuri

so i have about 10 days left before the event ends. what should be strategy be to be able to power up to take out lvl2?

Hmmm... At summoner level 40 you will get +5 to your cost. Then you could swap out an Elimo for another goth kikuri? Since you're so close to that next cost boost, I would definitely level on up to 40 and try that out and see how they do. Also take some Dark seals/ores with you once you have both Kikuris in.

DEF matters a lot in Arena. Having an extra unit standing can mean the difference between winning or losing, since arena fights are often about staying alive until your team spams BBs and kill everything.

Want faster BB? Just get units with decent REC.

People have compared max level Anima and Oracle of various units, and if BB fill rate changes based on Recovery it is so small that it's irrelevant.

The testing actually showed no difference at all(crystal count to max was the same) but Gumi claimed on Facebook it does do something.

If it does it's like +1% which might mean one less crystal for some random unit somewhere. Hardly worth relying on, and certainly not a reason to prefer Oracle to Lord to Anima.

MicH

My Thunder King Eze is maxed out and I need a Totem to evolve him. He is my highest leveled monster. Can I even take the Totem dungeons on? I have a Goth Kikuri at level 50 and Royal Elimo at 53 as well. Those three are my best units

My Thunder King Eze is maxed out and I need a Totem to evolve him. He is my highest leveled monster. Can I even take the Totem dungeons on? I have a Goth Kikuri at level 50 and Royal Elimo at 53 as well. Those three are my best units

Depending on who else you can bring this is a good start of a group that will be able to take out a Totem. Just hope you don't meet a dark or light totem on the way, until you are stronger (or willing to spend gems) you don't want to meet two or three Totems.

Note that Totems are pure damage, so load up on healing items and seals for your weaker units.

MicH

Depending on who else you can bring this is a good start of a group that will be able to take out a Totem. Just hope you don't meet a dark or light totem on the way, until you are stronger (or willing to spend gems) you don't want to meet two or three Totems.

Note that Totems are pure damage, so load up on healing items and seals for your weaker units.
Thanks for the tips! So is it better to bring more healers than all out attackers? I have a Lava Phoenix as well which could be helpful. He's not that strong, though. I will try it out next time they're available :D

hmmm so i want to take out half blood princess lvl 2 and i have a time limit of sort...

current squad

60 hell king hades
49 scythe alice
38 goth idol kikuri
31 royal elimo
47 royal elimo

cost 47/48 lvl 39 atm

in my bullpin for low level or too costly reasons.

lvl 10 scythe alice
lvl1 shida
lvl 60 goth kikuri

so i have about 10 days left before the event ends. what should be strategy be to be able to power up to take out lvl2?

Level up until you get enough unit cost to replace Elimo with Kikuri, which as someone said above should be just (1) more level, then do some Metal runs to level up your Goth Idol Kikuri and other units a bit. Afterwards stock up on Dark seals and Dark ores so that you can always make sure you have that extra +50% ATK and +50% DEF during the battle. Also be sure that Goth Idol Kikuri is your lead.

I would have 10x Potion, 7X High Potion, 3x Divine Light, 5x Dark Ore & 5x Dark Seal as your items.

My current team is almost the same:

Goth Idol Kikuri x2
Unholy Magress (You have Alice)
Death God Lodaga
God Tree Eltri

Be sure your friend is a 5* Kikuri, Alice or if possible Unholy Magress (For the additional 10% HP buff).

you guys gets the evolution rewards yet? I saw mine come in for evo'ing to a 3 star, but not the others yet.

edit : nevermind, looks like they others were a bit delayed.

I am currently waiting on 5x Metal Gods for evolving my Magress from 3* to 4* and then to 5*. I also evolved a Kikuri to 5*. I wish the rewards stacked.

Anyways it might take a while. Millions of accounts to go through.

I've now gotten 3 metal gods and 2 metal kings, i guess they're doing it by category. Like the 3* rewards go out first, then the 5* rewards, then the 4* rewards.

I've now gotten 3 metal gods and 2 metal kings, i guess they're doing it by category. Like the 3* rewards go out first, then the 5* rewards, then the 4* rewards.

I think they are doing it by something weird like going through the order the evolutions were done in.

My phone got 2 gods, then 3 gods, then my tablet got Kings, then 3 gods, then my phone got 2 Kings and lastly my tablet got 2 gods.

Which makes no sense that I can see.

I still haven't gotten anything?? Do they appear in the present box?

Yea, try killing the app on your phone and then restarting. It might just be delayed for you though.

In other news, I decided to try Level 2 of Lico dungeon again and I got her down to 25%. It comes down to luck though, because she sometimes will do her jumping attack that does defense down, followed immediately by another attack on the same person, which kills them. If I can get a shitload of idols and spirits this time around, maybe I can get some of my 4 star guys up to 5 star with the new metal gods from the event, and hopefully that will hlep.

I'm starting to feel the weakness of these 3* healers. Their DEF and REC is great, but man their attack is just dog shit. And there's no other way to get a healer outside of the rare summon machine, which hasn't been kind to me on healers. What do people normally do about healing when they don't have an Elimo or Phoenix?

Edit: And... I literally just got my last 2 gods. I wonder if they're doing it by day of event. Like they go through the first day of the event, then second day, etc.

MicH

Ah, just got the two Metal Kings from the event. Good :D Just waiting on my Gods now. This should get Kikuri close to level 60

Draxal

Yea, try killing the app on your phone and then restarting. It might just be delayed for you though.

In other news, I decided to try Level 2 of Lico dungeon again and I got her down to 25%. It comes down to luck though, because she sometimes will do her jumping attack that does defense down, followed immediately by another attack on the same person, which kills them. If I can get a shitload of idols and spirits this time around, maybe I can get some of my 4 star guys up to 5 star with the new metal gods from the event, and hopefully that will hlep.

I'm starting to feel the weakness of these 3* healers. Their DEF and REC is great, but man their attack is just dog shit. And there's no other way to get a healer outside of the rare summon machine, which hasn't been kind to me on healers. What do people normally do about healing when they don't have an Elimo or Phoenix?

Edit: And... I literally just got my last 2 gods. I wonder if they're doing it by day of event. Like they go through the first day of the event, then second day, etc.

I just guard with my healers for harder content. Lancia and Trees are both good healers (Tree is a gigantic tank so I don't even both guarding with him). Anima 3 star healers are fine for some of the harder content, and you probably want an Anima May for the Karl event as you'll need more than 1 healer for that if you want multiple parties.

I just guard with my healers for harder content. Lancia and Trees are both good healers (Tree is a gigantic tank so I don't even both guarding with him). Anima 3 star healers are fine for some of the harder content, and you probably want an Anima May for the Karl event as you'll need more than 1 healer for that if you want multiple parties.

Well in this case the healers weren't the ones dying, Lico was just one shotting my attackers (Dark Impact would take off 50% of the HP and inflict DEF down, then another hit in the same turn against the same person, and they'd die). I currently have 3 of the 3 star healers (Earth, Light, and Water) maxed out. Any particular reason I need May specifically?

Draxal

Well in this case the healers weren't the ones dying, Lico was just one shotting my attackers (Dark Impact would take off 50% of the HP and inflict DEF down, then another hit in the same turn against the same person, and they'd die). I currently have 3 of the 3 star healers (Earth, Light, and Water) maxed out. Any particular reason I need May specifically?

Karl is a water dude, so a mono lightning team helps a ton as having the same element healer benefits for seals on this fight.

So, it looks like the new, Lv. 3 Congregation of Souls dungeon gives about the same amount of karma as the Lv. 2. That's dumb.

EDIT: What are the new BBs?

EDIT 2: So, with my evolution gifts, I got one of my Kikuris to level 79 (2985 to level, so I'll just wait to get some Metal Ghosts or something) and my other to 54. Sweet deal.

game is crashing when starting, dunno what happened.

I saw that i had some gifts, went to check them, then it crashed and started crashing all the time.

reinstalled, linked FB account, crashing again.

:(

current party

4 * alice
5* kikuri
4* kikuri
4* elimo
4* elimo

39/43

i can evolve alice right now and fit in my limits, or i can wait 2 levels and evolve my kikuri (they are 5 more cost)

decisions decisions.

current party

4 * alice
5* kikuri
4* kikuri
4* elimo
4* elimo

39/43

i can evolve alice right now and fit in my limits, or i can wait 2 levels and evolve my kikuri (they are 5 more cost)

decisions decisions.
Do you have a lot of metal units stocked up? I usually wait until I have enough metals (or whatever other color is necessary) in my box so that, as soon as I evolve, I can pump in enough levels to get my new unit's stats up to at least being on par with the max level older unit's. No sense using a ton of Zel to evolve your unit and end up with someone weaker.

Do you have a lot of metal units stocked up? I usually wait until I have enough metals (or whatever other color is necessary) in my box so that, as soon as I evolve, I can pump in enough levels to get my new unit's stats up to at least being on par with the max level older unit's. No sense using a ton of Zel to evolve your unit and end up with someone weaker.

Well it usually takes me a couple days to get their BB level up, so there's that. But otherwise, I agree with you.

Speaking of BB Level, does it get harder to skill up as BB Level increases? I got my Nature God Lance to BB Lv. 8, but I've dumped like 40 units into him since then and no skillups.

With all the Metal Gods I now have a level 100 Breaker Unholy Magress.

Sweet.

Mine is:
HP: 5941
ATK: 1686
DEF: 1460
REC: 960

Better HP and Def than Kikuri, worse ATK and REC. And of course Kikuri is ridiculously good at generating battle crystals and sparks well.

But it's nice to see they are at least comparable.

Draxal

With all the Metal Gods I now have a level 100 Breaker Unholy Magress.

Sweet.

Mine is:
HP: 5941
ATK: 1686
DEF: 1460
REC: 960

Better HP and Def than Kikuri, worse ATK and REC. And of course Kikuri is ridiculously good at generating battle crystals and sparks well.

But it's nice to see they are at least comparable.

Ayup, now you just need to level his bb up 20 times.

Well it usually takes me a couple days to get their BB level up, so there's that. But otherwise, I agree with you.

Speaking of BB Level, does it get harder to skill up as BB Level increases? I got my Nature God Lance to BB Lv. 8, but I've dumped like 40 units into him since then and no skillups.

Yes.

Draxal

I heard something about an upcoming patch where if you evolve your BB Level is only cut in half, not reset to 0. Is that a real thing or just a rumor? Any idea when it might hit?

It came in this patch supposedly. It's just the six star chars get a SBB which is unlocked by maxing BB once, then it resets to SBB 1. Luckily it resets the difficulty of leveling the SBB as well.

It came in this patch supposedly. It's just the six star chars get a SBB which is unlocked by maxing BB once, then it resets to SBB 1. Luckily it resets the difficulty of leveling the SBB as well.

Ahh, so if I get my 5* Lance to 10 and then evolve him he'll still be reset to 1? That sucks if so, I was hoping it would just set him to 5.

In other news, a less-advertised feature of the most recent update is that you can now see how much exp you need to get to the next level by holding your finger over the exp bar on the main hub screen.

Draxal

Ahh, so if I get my 5* Lance to 10 and then evolve him he'll still be reset to 1? That sucks if so, I was hoping it would just set him to 5.

In other news, a less-advertised feature of the most recent update is that you can now see how much exp you need to get to the next level by holding your finger over the exp bar on the main hub screen.

Nah, if you evolve Lance with 10 to six stars he'll be at bb 5. You will then need to level him up another 15 times to max out super bb.

MicH

Managed to max out my Kikuri so she's ready to evolve whenever I get a totem. Also finally beat Maxwell. Crazy design!

I have two Elimos and a Phoenix as well :p

What do you guys think I should spend my effort levelling up? Here's my units:

5* Anima Lance [56/80] [Lv. 8 BB]
4* Breaker Oboro [MAX] [Lv. 5 BB]
4* Oracle Loch [59/60]
4* Anima Sefia [22/60]
4* Lord Athena [39/60]
4* Guardian Aisha [26/60] [Lv. 1 BB]
3* Guardian Merith [MAX]
3* Lord Claris [MAX]
3* Oracle Mimir [MAX]
3* Guardian Vargas [1/40]
3* Anima Zaza [8/30]
3* Oracle Verica [MAX]
3* Breaker Alice [MAX]
3* Guardian Nemia [26/40]
2* Oracle May [24/30]
2* Breaker Lario [13/30]
2* Oracle Leon [11/30]
2* Anima Atro [1/30]
2* Guardian Mifune [MAX]

I can't decide whether or not to get my strong guys stronger, which means evolving Loch, Sefia, and Aisha, or focus on evolving some of my 2 and 3* units like Atro, Mifune, Lario, Nemia, Alice, and Vargas up to 4*.

also are there any of these units that I can safely throw away / aren't very good?

I would do Loch, Sefia, Aisha, and Alice.

Apparently Breaker Alice is the best dark unit in the game? I had no idea, just been sitting on her this whole time, unable to use her in a party because of her shitty DEF. Sucks that I'll be cock-blocked by a Dark Totem though, it's such a huge pain to get Dark and Light Totems. I've run totem dungeon 4 times and never seen either one :(

Draxal

Apparently Breaker Alice is the best dark unit in the game? I had no idea, just been sitting on her this whole time, unable to use her in a party because of her shitty DEF. Sucks that I'll be cock-blocked by a Dark Totem though, it's such a huge pain to get Dark and Light Totems. I've run totem dungeon 4 times and never seen either one :(

Nah, Kikuri destroys her. She gets a sixth star earlier than the other characters, however I have a feeling she'll be fifth behind Lunarith (not out yet), Lyra (not out yet) Kikuri and Graham (not out yet).

Got outclassed by kikuri, but she will be back at top tier with 6 star in a few months! Give her spheres to compensate def.

Man I'm running a clinic up arena. No one told me there was rewards for doing this!

Yeah, Dark Totem is a pain in the ass. I've only ever encountered one (but I also haven't even encountered Light Spirit before at all, apparently).

I think Alice is, right now, not the best dark unit in the game (although she's damn good), but once she gets her 6-star form and her Super BB, she becomes the best.

Draxal

Here is Lunaris's stats. She's getting a six star right after Kikuri is.

Unit Number :458
Name :魔姫神ルナリス (Devil God Princess Lunaris)
Rarity :★5
Element :闇 (Dark)
MaxLv :80
Cost :16

Max Status

Lord
HP:5323 Atk:1830
Def:1650 Rec:1250

Anima
HP:5925 Atk:1830
Def:1650 Rec:1099

Breaker
HP:5323 Atk:1979
Def:1493 Rec:1250

Guardian
HP:5323 Atk:1671
Def:1811 Rec:1250

Leader Skill :闇創神の力 闇属性ユニットの攻撃力が50%アップ (Dark units Attack +50% Up)
Brave Burst :タナトス 敵全体に強力な闇属性9連ダメージ&確率で弱体効果 (9 hits strong dark attack to all enemies & random chance weakness effect)

Max Status

Lord

Anima

Breaker

Guardian

Brave Burst :タナトス 敵全体に強力な闇属性9連ダメージ&確率で弱体効果 (9 hits strong dark attack to all enemies & random chance weakness effect)
Pics?

I use units based off looks!

Max Status

Lord

Anima

Breaker

Guardian

Damn. She just sounds like Kikuri, but better.

I hope they stop the power creep soon.

Top Bottom