• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

So I ran Frontier Hunter once for the first time, and when I try to run again it says I have no Hunter Orbs. However, at the top of my screen under Hunter Orbs all 3 circles are lit up. Am I reading this wrong or is it screwed up?

What are you guys doing to get such high scores in Frontier Hunter?

First off, bring the Balanced Set of item.

Then bring an all dark team 5* and lvl 60+, then attack each enemy until they are almost dead, but be sure NOT to kill them. This doesn't hold true for the first battle though since they are all burnies. In that battle just use the Fujin Elixers to give 3 of your units full BB and unleash hell on the poor souls.

If you do this right you should always have the enemies on the brink of death with your BB gauges full.

Unleash all your units BB attacks. Be sure they are AoE attacks for maximum dmg and points.

I just finished up Frontier Hunter Mid and got ~520k.

I hope I can do similar on High but I always get killed. I want a Medulla Gem. :(

First off, bring the Balanced Set of item.

Then bring an all dark team 5* and lvl 60+, then attack each enemy until they are almost dead, but be sure NOT to kill them. This doesn't hold true for the first battle though since they are all burnies. In that battle just use the Fujin Elixers to give 3 of your units full BB and unleash hell on the poor souls.

If you do this right you should always have the enemies on the brink of death with your BB gauges full.

Unleash all your units BB attacks. Be sure they are AoE attacks for maximum dmg and points.

I just finished up Frontier Hunter Mid and got ~520k.

I hope I can do similar on High but I always get killed. I want a Medulla Gem. :(
Thanks! I don't have an all -dark team, but I'll try to get as close to that strategy as possible.

Thanks! I don't have an all -dark team, but I'll try to get as close to that strategy as possible.

It will have to be a mono team with a leader who gives +50%dmg and a friends unit that also gives that same +50% bonus. Best if you have one of the 6* units or a friend has one, that way you also get the +10%HP bonus for your mono team as well.

You can never be too careful.

Phades

They really need to adjust frontier hunter element bias in terms of scoring, or at least some core mechanic change to discourage that kind of thing being optimal.

Reward sparks? Sure (needs more value). Reward multi kills. Why not. No items used (needs to be increased in value). Definately. Rewarding a dark team because its dark? Well meta mechanics and all that, but there is no need for that.

Phades

Probably another round of server maintence immenent. I have yet to try and I forgot it was supposed to start up today. I totally muffed what I was planning to do last night in game for evolution materials. :(

Some people on facebook are reporting that's one of their famous bad patch problems and re-installing will fix the orb issue. I don't seem to have it so far so can't verify.

On Frontier Hunter End I highly recommend taking the defense set. Those flutes are life-savers and can make teams do things that none of the other sets can.

Other than that, the easiest method to get points on Frontier Hunter End is hope you are lucky enough to get Voracious god waves with a high hit count dark unit along. Even weak parties can beat the first wave of 6 slimes, and if the second wave is a Voracious god it's a "JACKPOT!" situation. When you get a Voracious god guard with all non-dark units (and even low dark units if you want). The coins knocked loose and the weak element bonus for those things is massive.

Some people on facebook are reporting that's one of their famous bad patch problems and re-installing will fix the orb issue. I don't seem to have it so far so can't verify.

On Frontier Hunter End I highly recommend taking the defense set. Those flutes are life-savers and can make teams do things that none of the other sets can.

Other than that, the easiest method to get points on Frontier Hunter End is hope you are lucky enough to get Voracious god waves with a high hit count dark unit along. Even weak parties can beat the first wave of 6 slimes, and if the second wave is a Voracious god it's a "JACKPOT!" situation. When you get a Voracious god guard with all non-dark units (and even low dark units if you want). The coins knocked loose and the weak element bonus for those things is massive.

Speaking of Facebook, when I first installed the game I would constantly click Cancel when it tried to post to Facebook for me. Eventually it stopped asking me, but I found out that it still posted without confirmation anymore. Not to my timeline, but to my recent activity. For anyone that wants to *completely* disable Facebook posts for Brave Frontier, here is what you do:

1) Give it permission so it stops asking you.
2) From the web interface of FB, click the padlock icon, then "Show more settings"
3) Click Apps on the left hand side
4) Under "Apps you Use", click "Show all apps"
5) Find the entry for Brave Frontier, click Edit, and set the Visibility to "Only me"

Phades

They seriously should color those mobs like they did with the metals to mix it up a bit.

They really need to adjust frontier hunter element bias in terms of scoring, or at least some core mechanic change to discourage that kind of thing being optimal.

Reward sparks? Sure (needs more value). Reward multi kills. Why not. No items used (needs to be increased in value). Definately. Rewarding a dark team because its dark? Well meta mechanics and all that, but there is no need for that.

It doesn't need to be a mono dark team. People just like Dark and Light teams because they are only weak to the one thing they are also strong against.

My team isn't even a totally mono dark team. I got my 520k point with the following team.

1x Unholy Magress (Breaker Lvl 93)
2x 5* Kikuri (Breaker lvl 64 & Guardian lvl 64)
1x 5* Aisha (Anima lvl 64)
1x God Tree Eltri (Anima lvl 64)

I then brought a 5* Kikuri from my friend list.

Not only that, but the defense potions are almost a necessity.

It doesn't need to be a mono dark team. People just like Dark and Light teams because they are only weak to the one thing they are also strong against.

My team isn't even a totally mono dark team. I got my 520k point with the following team.

That's very close to what I have:

2x 5* Kikuri (Guardian lvl 80 & Guardian lvl 60)
1x 5* Aisha (Anima lvl 46)
1x God Tree Eltri (Guardian lvl 60)
1x 5* Lava (Lord lvl 80)

Maybe I can actually pull it off.

Phades

Close enough to a mono dark team. Unless you can point to a dark healer, the "mono dark" team is going to look something similar to that. There is also the voracious god issue, in addition to unit bias for stats giving the edge. So no, there is a definate advantage and thus bias to how it plays out.

Compound that with the only comparable unit would be something far more difficult by comparison being the dragon mimics requiring light units. There is nothing really for the rest that matches it.

Lockon

I went and do Frontier Hunter Mid. Not thinking getting all the rewards in one run, turn out I ran into 2 rounds of voracious gods. Didn't even have to try.

FH End on the other hand, wish they would show more often lol.

Close enough to a mono dark team. Unless you can point to a dark healer, the "mono dark" team is going to look something similar to that. There is also the voracious god issue, in addition to unit bias for stats giving the edge. So no, there is a definate advantage and thus bias to how it plays out.

Compound that with the only comparable unit would be something far more difficult by comparison being the dragon mimics requiring light units. There is nothing really for the rest that matches it.

I saw on Appinvasion that someone got 675k on Frontier End with the Voracious Gods showing up. He got 157k from that battle. So even without the Voracious gods he would have gotten over the 500k required to get all the rewards. So I wouldn't exactly say they are necessary.

Like with everything in this game, it all comes down to luck.

Time to take a shot at Frontier End now. I am prepared to get destroyed.

I went and do Frontier Hunter Mid. Not thinking getting all the rewards in one run, turn out I ran into 2 rounds of voracious gods. Didn't even have to try.

FH End on the other hand, wish they would show more often lol.

Is the Voracious God the same as the Jewel / Metal god? I ran it 3 times so far and in one of the runs I had a wave consisting of a Jewel and Metal God. It hink they were called God of Chaos (Metal) and Glutton God (Jewel). Is this what people are talking about by Voracious God, or is there a monster specifically named that?

OMG! I ran into 2x Voracious Gods in round 3, screwed up my round 1 by killing one of my king burnies and almost got killed by 5* Mifune in round 4.

To top off all of that my round 5 was against a 5* Sefia and 5* Kikuri.

I was getting my ass whooped until Sefia finally went down. Then only had (5) guys left. By the end of it I was down to (2) with a sliver of health on each and no items left.

I beat Kikuri! Got 550k points and got my Medulla Gem!

The attempt before that one I got wiped out in round 2 by 2x Wild Jewel Ghost and 2x Wild Metal Ghost. Those things are stupidly strong!

SOOO happy right now. :)

Phades

I saw on Appinvasion that someone got 675k on Frontier End with the Voracious Gods showing up. He got 157k from that battle. So even without the Voracious gods he would have gotten over the 500k required to get all the rewards. So I wouldn't exactly say they are necessary.

Like with everything in this game, it all comes down to luck.

Time to take a shot at Frontier End now. I am prepared to get destroyed.
Frontier end is a little different than the Mid route requiring very specific circumstances.

It would be different if there wasn't artificial handicaps placed on the scoring as well. I did a mid run (needing to reinstall the game now due to bug...) and the Totem I got on the 4th round stopped dropping points after the 4-5th round (roughly 60% health). It is fairly consistent with the higher hp stuff on that route. End seems to be a little different, or the payout per drop is signifigantly higher.

-------------
It would be nice if there was a way to complete download the game without any updating via the client. I do update through the play store prior to anything major, but even on reinstall I have to sit and watch the stupid client struggle to chug along and redo everything after the facebook linking.

Is the Voracious God the same as the Jewel / Metal god? I ran it 3 times so far and in one of the runs I had a wave consisting of a Jewel and Metal God. It hink they were called God of Chaos (Metal) and Glutton God (Jewel). Is this what people are talking about by Voracious God, or is there a monster specifically named that?

Voracious God is a specific mob that looks similar to a jewel god.

Frontier end is a little different than the Mid route requiring very specific circumstances.

It would be different if there wasn't artificial handicaps placed on the scoring as well. I did a mid run (needing to reinstall the game now due to bug...) and the Totem I got on the 4th round stopped dropping points after the 4-5th round (roughly 60% health). It is fairly consistent with the higher hp stuff on that route. End seems to be a little different, or the payout per drop is signifigantly higher.

As I said earlier. Everything in this game is entirely up to luck.

This is my first time ever actually completing a Frontier End.

Rank 1,244 at the moment too. Will bring my Hunter Rank to lvl 8. Seria will be mine.

Phades

Luck influences, but units like kikuri enable the possibility for it to even occur in the first place. If it didn't there would be no player bias towards it.

Marvelous

Got all the rewards from both Frontier Hunter Middle and End. Let's see if my account will get suspended again after this FH season is over with... -_-.

There is a light equivalent. You can do the exact same thing with the Metal God equivalent using Light units, and it's just as effective.

The main reason I always mention the Jewel God version instead of the Metal God version is because so many people have easy access to a friend Kikuri, and Sefia is a little less common.

Luck influences, but units like kikuri enable the possibility for it to even occur in the first place. If it didn't there would be no player bias towards it.

My 4 tries before this all ended with me facing (5) 5* units. Lorand, Gaia, Rickel, etc... and I was promptly whooped.

I lucked out that I only had (2) enemies at the end, even if they each got to attack (5) times per turn.

Credo

I've beaten the level 3 Lico fight ten times and still haven't gotten the drop. Does it have a lower drop rate than the other special events like it, or have I just been terribly unlucky? And if the drop rate for level 2 isn't much worse than level 3, I think I might drop down a tier just for simplicity's sake.

I've beaten the level 3 Lico fight ten times and still haven't gotten the drop. Does it have a lower drop rate than the other special events like it, or have I just been terribly unlucky? And if the drop rate for level 2 isn't much worse than level 3, I think I might drop down a tier just for simplicity's sake.

From what I hear the drop rates are around this:

Level 1 - 4% chance of capture
Level 2 - 12% chance of capture
Level 3 - 21% chance of capture

I have caught (2) Lico on level 2 in around 40 tries.
I have caught (0) Lico on level 1 in around 12 tries.
I have caught (3) Lico on level 3 in around 10 tries.

Phades

There is a light equivalent. You can do the exact same thing with the Metal God equivalent using Light units, and it's just as effective.

The main reason I always mention the Jewel God version instead of the Metal God version is because so many people have easy access to a friend Kikuri, and Sefia is a little less common.

Metal god appearance must be far less likely as well. I didn't bump into any last time around. Hit the Voracious once and the lower teir version of it in mid a couple of times. Never came close to topping out on mid though. Points just dry up after a few turns of play.

Marvelous

Better than me. Last time I was ranked around 9,000.

I guess you accidentally got caught up in the bad batch of players.

Maybe... but I also didn't receive the proper rewards because the suspension also took away my points. Sent them an e-mail about it multiple times but nothing has been fixed. My Hunter Rank should have been 5 instead of 2. Was only able to get a Flesh Armor, heh.

They even told me my case was being forwarded to the developers, but yeah... still nothing. Oh well, what can you do, lol.

Maybe... but I also didn't receive the proper rewards because the suspension also took away my points. Sent them an e-mail about it multiple times but nothing has been fixed. My Hunter Rank should have been 5 instead of 2. Was only able to get a Flesh Armor, heh.

They even told me my case was being forwarded to the developers, but yeah... still nothing. Oh well, what can you do, lol.

Well if you stay under 3,000 you should at least get Seria this time.

Phades

Any idea on what the obnoxious green guy's stats are like?

There are only going to be what, 50(?) or so people who get him this time around given the structure of the reward system.

cool thing about lico is the mobs in her map drop the mat for crafting dark ore/seals.

frontier end sounds rough... does the luck scale both ways, or only the best of the best can 500k that?

Credo

From what I hear the drop rates are around this:

Level 1 - 4% chance of capture
Level 2 - 12% chance of capture
Level 3 - 21% chance of capture

I have caught (2) Lico on level 2 in around 40 tries.
I have caught (0) Lico on level 1 in around 12 tries.
I have caught (3) Lico on level 3 in around 10 tries.

Thank you for that info. I guess I'll keep trying.

Another question: How quickly do frontier orbs regenerate and where can you see if you have any? I want to actually make an effort in the frontier this time.

Thank you for that info. I guess I'll keep trying.

Another question: How quickly do frontier orbs regenerate and where can you see if you have any? I want to actually make an effort in the frontier this time.

Hunter orbs regenerate one orb every three hours. Arena orbs are one hour each.

MicH

Just pulled Edea. A new unit and my first Earth unit from the rare summon! A dark or fire unit would have been nice though

Top Bottom