• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Ahh, I got a mob that looked exactly like a Jewel God, but his name was Glutton God instead of Voracious God. Weird that they made 2 different mobs that look the same.

Glutton God is the middle version. Voracious god is the End version.

The End version is far better for this. Glutton god is barely better than the wave he replaces. Where as a well done 2x Voracious god level can give 350K points.

Any idea on what the obnoxious green guy's stats are like?

There are only going to be what, 50(?) or so people who get him this time around given the structure of the reward system.

His leader skill is "Boosts units attack and defense +50% for the first 2 turns.
Not sure about his Brave Burst.

I believe his starting stats @5* LVL 1 Lord are:

HP: 3900
ATK: 1430
DEF: 930
REC: 830

No idea what they are at 4*.

He is basically the ideal Arena Leader unit.

Phades

Tried doing end twice. It certainly is not what I was getting last time around.

My 2nd and 3rd round pulls being really weird.

Hit a mandragon that spammed AOE that looked like kikuri's aoe and saying "hiyaaaa". It would progressively latch on status effects as it did that. Dropped a bit of points, but not the ~100k+ range of points other enemies can do. First round AOE kills netted me over 100k (end of round tally), which just felt like a lot. Came across a couple teams of mixed element heros, pixie king leore, zephu, zegar, and weiss was one of them. Leore kept healing when I hit him. It was really weird, only about half my damage would count really. Smaller hits went through, but I kept seeing 1~2k heals popping up as the bigger hits from my characters would land.

Quite often the game would just decide that X character dies this round and attacked nothing else as well. Really weird.

His leader skill is "Boosts units attack and defense +50% for the first 2 turns.
Not sure about his Brave Burst.

I believe his starting stats @5* LVL 1 Lord are:

HP: 3900
ATK: 1430
DEF: 930
REC: 830

No idea what they are at 4*.

He is basically the ideal Arena Leader unit.

Thanks for that.

Colby

I've noticed a lot of old PAD names in this thread. I'd like to try this game out, but I'm afraid of trying to juggle three F2P's (PAD, Quiz RPG, this). Simple question: is it worth the time investment in the vein of PAD?

Phades

He can be decent, but isn't the top teir.

AOE armor break BB is useful and sparks well with many other attacks with not a whole lot of windup before release. Leader skill is generic and trumped by others which are more focused. He sees a bit of use as lead in rainbow arena builds. Regular attacks combo well with others, with the exception of his final hit being a bit delayed off of his main stream of hits. Although, unlike lava, the tail end of his attack which is delayed isn't the bulk of his damage.

Final status below.
http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Pixy_King_Leore

Base 3,278 1,017 785 918
Lord 4,946 1,386 1,049 1,348
Anima 5,526* 1,386 1,049 1,202*
Breaker 4,946 1,553* 904* 1,348
Guardian 4,946 1,225* 1,214* 1,348
Oracle 4,362* 1,386 1,049 1,501*
*Final, in-game stats may differ slightly.
Leader Skill: Dynasty Power
20% boost to Atk Power of all types

Brave Burst: Heavy Riposte
(Offense)
10 Combo Earth Elemental Attack on All Enemies & probable Weak Effect

razterik

Started this up a couple days ago. Been having fun, but not planning to spend money on it. Can I get some advice on my starting rolls?

5* Soul Keeper Lemia, Lord
3* Knight Aem, Lord
4* Earthly II & Mina, Breaker
3* Thunderbird, Anima

Also have the blue starter, Selena. Haven't linked my FB account yet, so I can reroll on another device. Is this lineup a decent start for non-IAP? Should I focus my gems somewhere besides rare summons?

Draxal

Sacred Jewel got. Tomorrow going for a miracle and as many dark totems as possible to get my dark team finally up and running.

So what are good mobs in frontier?

I keep on getting single (totem) or double light dragons.

Can't get over 370k on med. :(

Six group packs are the best (burnys, healer girls, spirits, idols).

Started this up a couple days ago. Been having fun, but not planning to spend money on it. Can I get some advice on my starting rolls?

5* Soul Keeper Lemia, Lord
3* Knight Aem, Lord
4* Earthly II & Mina, Breaker
3* Thunderbird, Anima

Also have the blue starter, Selena. Haven't linked my FB account yet, so I can reroll on another device. Is this lineup a decent start for non-IAP? Should I focus my gems somewhere besides rare summons?

While you don't actually have a synergetic team, II and Mina are in demand for friend leaders.

I've noticed a lot of old PAD names in this thread. I'd like to try this game out, but I'm afraid of trying to juggle three F2P's (PAD, Quiz RPG, this). Simple question: is it worth the time investment in the vein of PAD?

You can try it out, but I wouldn't dedicate to much time to this, I think some of the Padders realize they couldn't juggle both and went back to PAD. Two key difference between the games are the actual gameplay (Brave frontier is much more casual); and while Brave frontiers units are shown on screen their abilites aren't nearly as varied as Pad.

Yeah brave frontier is pretty much gachapon for cool looking sprites.

I do wish they put more effort in bbs though. It's just the attack animation with shit on the screen.

You can try it out, but I wouldn't dedicate to much time to this, I think some of the Padders realize they couldn't juggle both and went back to PAD. Two key difference between the games are the actual gameplay (Brave frontier is much more casual); and while Brave frontiers units are shown on screen their abilites aren't nearly as varied as Pad.

I was one of the hardcore padders. You might even call me a "whale" (anyone who follows f2p games knows what a whale is), and i think each game has its strengths and weaknesses. Pad definitely has better unit and ability design, while bf has better gameplay. But that better unit and ability design is both a blessing and a curse. Let's just say that I'm very glad that i don't feel as compelled to spend lots of money in this game as i did with PAD

yeah frontier hunter just feels like complete bullshit (Which tbf so does most of the game if you think about it lol). It sounded cool on paper but the random element factor is too big.

also if you are gonna throw a single dark totem at me, give it to me after i catch it. jeez

yeah frontier hunter just feels like complete bullshit (Which tbf so does most of the game if you think about it lol). It sounded cool on paper but the random element factor is too big.

also if you are gonna throw a single dark totem at me, give it to me after i catch it. jeez

Well it's not on the same energy bar and has pretty good rewards so not sure I'd call it bullshit. It's basically free stuff

Well it's not on the same energy bar and has pretty good rewards so not sure I'd call it bullshit. It's basically free stuff
true... but unless someone can prove me wrong, i feel like you need already pretty rigged team to get the higher tier rewards no?

you need to play a real certain way to get maximum points and if you can't tough it out, your fucked o_O

btw: is the survey down atm for yall? Is it only up certain hours or something?

true... but unless someone can prove me wrong, i feel like you need already pretty rigged team to get the higher tier rewards no?

you need to play a real certain way to get maximum points and if you can't tough it out, your fucked o_O

btw: is the survey down atm for yall? Is it only up certain hours or something?

Sure, but isn't that the point? Better team, better rewards. I have two 5* and the rest maxed 4* and i can clear the middle tier with 300k. Of course i wouldn't expect to be able to take end tier yet, but why should i be? Im getting upgrades from farming middle, and hopefully my HR will raise a bit and I'll get more rewards from that.

As is common in these games, you either take it slow and steady, or be prepared to shell out a ton of cash.

Sure, but isn't that the point? Better team, better rewards. I have two 5* and the rest maxed 4* and i can clear the middle tier with 300k. Of course i wouldn't expect to be able to take end tier yet, but why should i be? Im getting upgrades from farming middle, and hopefully my HR will raise a bit and I'll get more rewards from that.

As is common in these games, you either take it slow and steady, or be prepared to shell out a ton of cash.

even then, im trying to figure out how you can really throw money at the problem... hmmm... can you buy metal keys with gems?

... and right afterwards i got a good run with glutunous dudes and the weak 6 dudes at the boss stage and barely scrape by with 460k for med.

goddess of gambling is one fickle lass indeed >.<

even then, im trying to figure out how you can really throw money at the problem... hmmm... can you buy metal keys with gems?

Metal keys, energy refills (especially on evo material dungeons or special monster dungeons) , rare pulls, etc.

What's the best setup for medium? I have

5* lance (lv. 60)
5* loch (lv. 35)
4* alice (max)
4* aisha (lv. 35)
4* sefia (lv. 35)
4* oboro (max)

Should i go all dps eg. alice (L), loch, lance, aisha, oboro with recovery item set, or bring a healer and go balance / marauder?

Ferga

Balance set is best for middle if you have 5* units

You can easily get 400k+ points if you run a rainbow team and farm it by bb killing everything

oooh
i found it hard to get back into PAD, guess ill give this a shot

hello my PAD gaf brothers!

Wasn't expecting you here

Crap, I underestimated the level 99 nymphs in end and I got crushed by not using defense elixirs on the first turn.

Balance set is best for middle if you have 5* units

You can easily get 400k+ points if you run a rainbow team and farm it by bb killing everything

Wasn't expecting you here

Crap, I underestimated the level 99 nymphs in end and I got crushed by not using defense elixirs on the first turn.

Well i usually end up doing all i can just to survive, so getting all their HPs down to little and then BB killing doesn't seem viable because i usually need to start by thinning out their ranks. But maybe i just need more 5* units first.

Ferga

Yeah 5* is pretty important. Especially for leader skills, since you have an Aisha.

I was in the same position you are in in the last frontier hunter (lots of 4* and no zel/materials to evolve). You just gotta luck out and hope for a voracious god so you can slowly kill it with your dark unit for the elemental bonus.

That was how I got the sacred jewel and medulla gem last time. Just keep going at it, you're bound to get the items and come in the top 3000.

One of the waves in Frontier Hunter End I'm convinced is impossible.

4th wave, it's Leore, Zephu, Weiss, and Zegar.

You can't do enough damage to kill Weiss before his buff, and once he buffs your entire team just up and dies. Buffs and defense potions are irrelevant at that point, they will happily kill you through the buffs.

I mean they killed 4 full health Anima/+all sphere Kikuris in a single round. Through a defense potion and Elimo's defense buff (I'm not sure if they stack though). Without increased damage from weak elements. That's 28K damage in one round, and it's not like the other two units were full health after the round.

And it's not a "special" round you can guard through. They do that crap every single round.

Ferga

One of the waves in Frontier Hunter End I'm convinced is impossible.

4th wave, it's Leore, Zephu, Weiss, and Zegar.

Yeah, this damn stage always pops up in my 4th round in end. Literally, everytime.

I haven't seen any other spawns in the 4th round.

But I did beat it once out of the 7 times I've tried and I managed to get 600k for that run.

I had Aisha, Loch, Twins, phoenix, kikuri and a level 10 SBB magress for my friend.

Here what I did:
1st turn:
I used defense elixir and flute on my first turn
Used all my BBs and attacked Weiss with phoenix.

2nd turn:
I used pheonix bb to heal up and used 2-3 heals for some units that took a single target bb from zegar
I sparked the crap outta weiss with the rest

3rd turn
Killed Weiss

4th turn
Super BB with magress to get the defense buff and targetted zegar. Had to use revives here I think for my kikuri and loch

5th turn
Used normal attacks on zephu

6th turn
Used all my bb to kill zephu and zegar in one go

7th-9th turns
Finished off Leore with sparks and used another defense elixir when my magress buff was out

I used 8 cures, 2 revives, 2 defense elixirs and a flute for it.

The stage is insanely difficult.

Magicalhatz

Neo Member
Sometimes this game just really wants you to spend more gems and rage. I was doing the Totem Dungeon and I needed to do the Thunder Totem. I'm a non-IAP player so every gem counts. Usually I never use a gem after my whole party was down but this time I couldn't resist. I built my team so that it could survive a Thunder Totem plus one Light/Dark Totem. However, I got back to back Light Totems before my Thunder Totem, and at that point I got down to 1/4 of the Thunder Totem before I ran out of items. Sadly I had to use a gem for that Thunder Totem but now I got three totems for one dungeon though.

I've since done that wave twice more. (Zephu, Zegar, Weiss, Leore)

I think it takes a lot of luck with crits or a mostly earth party to kill Weiss before he buffs. I've come close when I had crit luck, but it would have taken more crit luck to finish the job.

I find I have a better shot to kill Zegar and Zephu in those first few rounds than I do to kill Weiss. This is better, but Leore is the AoE guy, the one who does the majority of the damage, and does that shield break thing to boot. I still lost.

Even if it's doable, and I think it is with enough luck, it has no business being a Wave 4. The three Wave 5s I've seen are a joke compared to this wave.

MicH

Decided to try the Totem dungeon for the first time today. Success! Got a water and light totem as well as a thunder totem. That random light totem was tough, but I managed to beat it. I really need a dark totem for Kikuri though

Boken

Banned
what do i get for connecting with facebook

Oh shit which hero element do I start with?

Is there rerolling? If so what are the top tier rolls?

Ferga

It's not top tier rolls. It's more like top tier types for your starters

Which element starter are you planning to go with? I'll tell you the best/balanced type for it.

facebook is their 'account' system. You can then log on from any device, ios or android.

if you are planning to reroll though do tie your fb account until your satisfied. its a pain to get shit done after that.

first try on End. got to stage 3 before getting gangbanged by like every unit that have a rapid fire attack lol.

shit is brutal, especially when a unit is dead and they just keep shooting at him :(

Lockon

Can't beat Frontier Hunter End...keep dying on the fourth stage (the one with Lelore, Weiss, and other 2), and fifth stage too.

My team: 2 5* Kikuri, 5* Alice, 5* Magress, and 5* Lancia. I bring in friend's dark units usually another Kikuri or 6* Magress.

I probably have to level them up more...or switch one out and bring in Elimo.

Kreed

You're not going to be sinking as much time into this as PAD, simply because this game is turned based and the game hasn't been around as long so there's not as much content. The game is a lot of fun though if you like turn based games but aren't looking for something complex.

You're not going to be sinking as much time into this as PAD, simply because this game is turned based and the game hasn't been around as long so there's not as much content. The game is a lot of fun though if you like turn based games but aren't looking for something complex.

PAD is turned-based as well in the sense of you go / they go, there is just more strategy and planning involved with PAD.

Talk about getting the right mobs. This is my Frontier End score after getting demolished in round 5.

IMG_9397.png

Lockon

Are any of the 6 new units any good? I'm thinking I'm about to throw some money at the gate lol. Kinda want the Light and Wood units because they look like something that come from Super Robot Wars.

These 2 looks awesome:
yrH.png

zrH.png

Kreed

PAD is turned-based as well in the sense of you go / they go, there is just more strategy and planning involved with PAD.

Right, I should clarify I'm talking more about the core gameplay, with PAD focusing on puzzle and orb matching while Brave you're touching the screen in place of traditional RPG menu selection inputs for attack/defend/item etc...

Are any of the 6 new units any good? I'm thinking I'm about to throw some money at the gate lol. Kinda want the Light and Wood units because they look like something that come from Super Robot Wars.]

The 6* units are very good. They each give +50% Attack & +10% HP to all units of their element type.

Edit - Scratch everything I just said. I read it as "Are any of the new 6* units any good?".

As for the (6) new units, I wouldn't know as I do not have any of them currently, but I hear the Fire one is good for a rainbow team.

Draxal

He exists, yes, but he has yet to release on Global. My guess would be sometime around the end of this month or early May.

Nah, he just came out last week in Japan, and we're 3-4 months behind them.

I think the newly released units are skippable, and save them up for the release in about a month or so.

Nah, he just came out last week in Japan, and we're 3-4 months behind them.

I think the newly released units are skippable, and save them up for the release in about a month or so.

When the new units are released, do you know if they will have an event where they have increased pull rates from the rare summon machine? I'm thinking of saving all my stones until then, but if they just go into the rare summon machine with the same chance as anything else that will be frustrating.

Draxal

When the new units are released, do you know if they will have an event where they have increased pull rates from the rare summon machine? I'm thinking of saving all my stones until then, but if they just go into the rare summon machine with the same chance as anything else that will be frustrating.

Well they didn't do it this time after doing it last time, I think Gumi/Alim are just experimenting right now.

http://www.appinvasion.com/threads/future-patches-and-units-spoilers.16027/

I'd just bookmark that link for predicted release dates and future unit spoilers.

Top Bottom