• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

So i'm nearing end game now, I checked a guide and it says
if you break the crystals you stop the loop, fight Airy and get the "bad" ending, but it then says you save your game and go back to the Crystal Release segment of the game so you can go through and do the "true" ending. If you do that, does your Level/Exp/JP etc carry over so that it's like a new game+ and you're all powered up for the true ending fights or is it more like you're just reloading a save file before you went off the rails and revert back to how you were?

Ironjam

So i'm nearing end game now, I checked a guide and it says
if you break the crystals you stop the loop, fight Airy and get the "bad" ending, but it then says you save your game and go back to the Crystal Release segment of the game so you can go through and do the "true" ending. If you do that, does your Level/Exp/JP etc carry over so that it's like a new game+ and you're all powered up for the true ending fights or is it more like you're just reloading a save file before you went off the rails and revert back to how you were?

Everything carries over.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Will I ever get to the point where I don't need to use a skill slot for misc for examine?

I don't do it.

Usually I can finish it in one turn with standard attacks and just let my mage experiment with elemental weaknesses, then make the next fight even easier.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Agh, I can't crack
fiore de rosa
at all.

If he isn't statusing me he is using cura constantly which means that I can't outdamage him to mitigate the curing because his goddamn statuses made me unable to do it!

Also I can't seem to get enough damage with monks.

Agh, I can't crack
fiore de rosa
at all.

If he isn't statusing me he is using cura constantly which means that I can't outdamage him to mitigate the curing because his goddamn statuses made me unable to do it!

Also I can't seem to get enough damage with monks.

If you're using knuckles unequip them and check if your Physical Attack rises. You outlevel the early knuckles pretty quickly.

Can't help you much, that boss never gave me much trouble at all.

Akito

Spent 10 hours to max out all of the jobs cause I don't want to spent more than 5 minutes on each of the
repeating
boss fights anymore. And because I couldn't stop, the grinding is so comfortable in this game.

Spent 10 hours to max out all of the jobs cause I don't want to spent more than 5 minutes on each of the
repeating
boss fights anymore. And because I couldn't stop, the grinding is so comfortable in this game.

I hope you already had Conjurer. I had a pretty good Crescent Moon setup before that was fairly good but Obliterate pretty much grinds itself.

The only shame is that by the time you get Conjurer the
Repeated
boss fights are over, the
repeated
bosses fight in [spoilers] groups [/spoiler] instead.

Labadal

I just got the
Valkyrie
and
Red Mage
jobs. can't wait to get their support abilites, especially some of the latter job's abilities.

I don't know if someone posted something similar before, I apologize if that's the case.

I guess most of us have Norende fully rebuilt by now, but I had a couple level 10 stores yet to upgrade to level 11 and I decided to check what effect did adding an extra villager to the building have.

At first, time reduction follows a 1/2, 1/3, ... 1/12 pattern, then it varies.

Here's the data, I'd say that anything beyond 10 villagers is wasting resources:

7e4ehD3.png

MZP1ffj.png

I can't check on anything below level 10 so maybe it's not the same for every level increment.

Akito

I hope you already had Conjurer. I had a pretty good Crescent Moon setup before that was fairly good but Obliterate pretty much grinds itself.

The only shame is that by the time you get Conjurer the
Repeated
boss fights are over, the
repeated
bosses fight in
groups
instead.
Yeah I did, Obliterate was a godsend, I watched tons of videos while doing the grinding :D
And I actually like the fact that
the former bosses get grouped together
so I wouldn't have to run to every single one of them anymore.

Vhalyar

Ah, couple of questions.

1) What's the best place to grinf in Chapter 5, besides the Rafflesias? Because I sure as hell can't deal with those little shits in a reliable and/or timely fashion for now.

2) Could someone repost that JP link about the sidequest that starts in CH5 or 6?

MicH

I'm playing on easy and this game is still kicking my ass. Wtf? I'm on the first sub quest and these enemies have 3000+ HP. I can't beat these dudes!

Oxx

I'm still in chap 2, overpowering fools with my village weapons and nifty specials. I hope I don't have to learn to use actual tactics at some point!

Cerity

Been grinding a fair bit. Just realised my level, 78, given that I'm in chapter 5 and practically waltzing bosses I should probably stop hah.

After sinking a few hours in : that's a pretty fantastic game. It's pretty funny how a game with so much old-school influence can be so refreshing.
I have one disappointment so far though...I wish the story and characters were as interesting as the ones in, say, Crimson Shroud. I know I'm actually not that far in and that these still have time to be fleshed out. But damn if I wasn't instantly and fully captivated by CS's narrative, from start to finish.
This comparison may seem to come out of nowhere, beside the fact that they're both RPG with an old-school flavor. But I'm not actually asking for Crimson Shroud 2 (well actually I am... but not through this game).
I just wish the story was a little bit more captivating to me.
I guess Crimson Shroud lore and story left such a big impression on me, I want more of this kind.
Kinda like how some people wants some Dark Souls in every game :p .

I need help beating
behemoth

I have grinded from mid 40s to early 50s and still can't even come close to killing him.

my guys are two black mages, edea is a valkyrie and agnes is a white mage
are there any better jobs for beating the boss?

Akito

Spoiler chapter 8:
Oh Jesus Christ, I need to beat those scrubs more than once in the same fucking chapter? They don't even have anything good I could steal from, as if the game haven't had enough padding already :\

I need help beating
behemoth

I have grinded from mid 40s to early 50s and still can't even come close to killing him.

my guys are two black mages, edea is a valkyrie and agnes is a white mage
are there any better jobs for beating the boss?

The ninja's Utsumemi is great, since all it's attacks are physical.

Violet_0

Banned
okay how the hell do I unlock the red mage. According to a gamefaqs guide
you are supposed to repeat the sequence in which you follow him multiple times, but i always get the same sequence. What did I miss?
e: nm found it

Ironjam

So would you recommend doing that?

Yes and here is a recommendation:
Most convenient method is to break the last crystal in chapter 8 to get the normal ending. Finish it and it throws you back to that crystal. Awaken it and you can do the true ending right away. If you finish that it will put you back at the beginning of ch8 with 4 unawakened crystals so definitely do the normal ending first.

Xord

So can anyone tell me what is the best place to grind in the final chapter? Ourobouros is too strong for me.

MicH

Just started chapter 2 and I'm in love with this game. Any tips on restoring Norende? I only have 8 villagers and many of the things I need to restore takes between 50 and 99 hours! How do I get more villagers?

krossj

those chapter 4
dragons
don't seem fun. Tried a few of them and only think I can take one or two at the moment :/

Just started chapter 2 and I'm in love with this game. Any tips on restoring Norende? I only have 8 villagers and many of the things I need to restore takes between 50 and 99 hours! How do I get more villagers?

On the save menu, go on update data, not only get friend's summon replenish but random peeps to summon/use and Norende villagers.

Holy crap, I cannot beat the chapter 2 boss
at the water crystal
No matter what I do, I can't survive this stupid Seep move. Fuck this :( AND I'M PLAYING ON EASY WTF

I've done that, but I'm still stuck with 11 villagers lol :p

You'll just have to do that daily, for that boss make sure you wait till the body is out of the water shell in order to attack it, so default/do your buffs then.

MicH

Holy crap, I cannot beat the chapter 2 boss
at the water crystal
No matter what I do, I can't survive this stupid Seep move. Fuck this :( AND I'M PLAYING ON EASY WTF

On the save menu, go on update data, not only get friend's summon replenish but random peeps to summon/use and Norende villagers
I've done that, but I'm still stuck with 11 villagers lol :p

Top Bottom