• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Holy crap, I cannot beat the chapter 2 boss
at the water crystal
No matter what I do, I can't survive this stupid Seep move. Fuck this :( AND I'M PLAYING ON EASY WTF

I've done that, but I'm still stuck with 11 villagers lol :p

Abate Water (White Mage, I believe) and Water Charms are your friends.

But yeah, the boss is a pain.

EDIT

Also, do you still have my FC? I've maxed all the jobs if you need Abate Water quick.

MicH

Abate Water (White Mage, I believe) and Water Charms are your friends.

But yeah, the boss is a pain.

EDIT

Also, do you still have my FC? I've maxed all the jobs if you need Abate Water quick.
Oh! I think I have the skill and might have the charm. Will have to check. Thanks for the tip!

I will add you (if I deleted you) now :D Thanks!

flowsnake

Got to Chapter 5...now to decide how much I want to do without getting burned out.

Weird that they're just doing the crystals again unquestioningly though. The definition of madness, etc.

God I suck at spoilers, sorry if that affected anyone for a moment.

Got to Chapter 5...now to decide how much I want to do without getting burned out.

That is a bother...

I did everything, but if I had to recommend...

Skip all the sidequests unless you love those asterisk bearers. All the events in Chapter 5 are the same with a few very minor changes.

Rubixcuba

Banned

Weird that they're just doing the crystals again unquestioningly though. The definition of madness, etc.

God I suck at spoilers, sorry if that affected anyone for a moment.

Just got to this point now and well. I think i'm going to take a break for a while, I appreciate how the plot developed but ugh.

MicH

That is a bother...

I did everything, but if I had to recommend...

Skip all the sidequests unless you love those asterisk bearers. All the events in Chapter 5 are the same with a few very minor changes.
Hot damn. Your advice really helped. Water Abate especially was a big help. Until I summoned your character. Holy batman, 52k damage

Highwind

At
Chapter 8.

Is it worth stealing from these sub-bosses if I've already stole from them in Chapter 7? Or do they yield the same rewards making it pointless?

Great game so far.
I don't mind the endless looping, provides good backstory etc. I've just been playing in small bursts.

At
Chapter 8.

Is it worth stealing from these sub-bosses if I've already stole from them in Chapter 7? Or do they yield the same rewards making it pointless?

Great game so far.
I don't mind the endless looping, provides good backstory etc. I've just been playing in small bursts.

Largely the same from what I found.

Exentryk

I can't bring myself to use Friend summons and abilinks. Feels like cheating -.-

Anyhow, I'm near
Yulyana in Chapter 1
. Progressing well. Need to find Chompers for level grinding.

Akito

Regarding the bonus dungeon: you have to walk all the way out from the last floor? I just wanted to get the loots, get out, do the true ending and then comeback to deal properly with the boss there :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't really get the point of the monk.

High HP yeah, but at some point it becomes negligible and pure DPS wise the valkyrie and the ranger seems so much better. Valkyrie especially because of the spirit barrier, which is amazing for tanking.

AM I playing monk wrong?

I don't really get the point of the monk.

High HP yeah, but at some point it becomes negligible and pure DPS wise the valkyrie and the ranger seems so much better. Valkyrie especially because of the spirit barrier, which is amazing for tanking.

AM I playing monk wrong?

I think the game tells you to mix Monk with
Dark Knight
for max damage.

Violet_0

Banned
my valkyrie/sword magic character annihilated the chapter 3 boss. Ringabel has ranger at lvl 12 but his damage output is not as impressive

btw, what's the advantage of white/black mage over red mage? Better stats?

Violet_0

Banned
I can't get any decent dps out of the valkyrie. Must be doing something wrong I guess...

level 51 here - got the two-handed support ability from the knight & default penetration. Self-buff with sword magic, then unleash massive damage on your enemies

Jintor

Oh nah, I killed him straight up, but he was a royal pain. The fear and charm wasn't the problem, the problem was any substantial amount of damage would trigger revenge, and then he'd spam Thundaras at inopportune moments.

What's a good use for time mage haste and stuff?

/edit jesus christ Victor OHKO'd Tiz right off the bat. Fuck my life

Last chance to get a Donnerjäger code for BDFtS.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/765/765463/
t1387810800z0.png

The first Bravely Quest also ends in a few hours, so save your game and do one last データ更新 before midnight. Thanks.

Ironjam

my valkyrie/sword magic character annihilated the chapter 3 boss. Ringabel has ranger at lvl 12 but his damage output is not as impressive

btw, what's the advantage of white/black mage over red mage? Better stats?

Red made can only use up to lvl4 black/white magic skills while the originals can use up to lvl6 so red mage cant use the top tier healing and elemental spells.

Antiwhippy

The
performer
class is adorable.

Also actually seems pretty dang useful. Especially if you're running 2
Valkyries

Dark_castle

Was having a good time with the game, until
chapter 5
hits.

Are you kidding me? I am supposed to literally
go through from the beginning again to just get to the real ending?
Reminds me of Ghost and Goblins. What a cop out way to extend the play time.

I really hope they don't do stupid shit like this again in the sequel.

ss-hikaru

pretty sure that's a major spoiler

time to bail

Thread was so good with spoiler tagging up til now...shoulda known it was too good to be true. Looks like I was just that little too early and read the post before the spoiler tags were edited in.

Geez and I'm probably a fair way through Chapter 4 with Chapter 5 just around the corner...

Oh nah, I killed him straight up, but he was a royal pain. The fear and charm wasn't the problem, the problem was any substantial amount of damage would trigger revenge, and then he'd spam Thundaras at inopportune moments.

What's a good use for time mage haste and stuff?

/edit jesus christ Victor OHKO'd Tiz right off the bat. Fuck my life

Haste makes sure you act before the enemy in most cases. Also, Time Mage gets Hasten World which is pretty awesome

Cerity

Just got to chapter 6 and my team are all level 84. I've also pretty much got their classes sorted unless the last one ends up being somewhat decent.

also ugh @
fighting the entire lot again, again. At least I seem to be pretty overlevelled atm and I should be able to waltz through most of them. I might just turn everyone into swordmasters and watch those 9999 nothing ventureds/before swines/know thine enemies fly.

Jintor

Seriously, I need some tips for what I assume is the end of Chapter 2.
Victor and Victoria - I don't have shit that casts light or dark, and I sure as hell don't have any abate abilities. I've got one ring, but Dark or Light one-shots all of my characters but Edea. :T

Antiwhippy

Motherfucking
Salve-maker
boss.

How the hell am I supposed to survive 9999 attacks?

Victor and Victoria - I don't have shit that casts light or dark, and I sure as hell don't have any abate abilities. I've got one ring, but Dark or Light one-shots all of my characters but Edea. :T

I survived 2 rounds and they went away.

Shane

Aren't SP drinks meant to refill without paying?

Mine permanately says 0 drinks and I need to buy more.

Wrapping up Chapter 2 now. Some of the classes seem underpowered. A low level ranger does way more damage than my high level monk. The summoner hasn't had a use yet.

Shane

What Antiwhippy said.
I ploughed them with high damage, survived a few rounds and then they buggered off.

Jintor

I did the same a couple times before I caught on :p

I hate those trick battles. If obtaining phoenix downs and stuff wasn't so easy I'd be more pissed lol

I legit thought the first boss battle of the game was an unwinnable battle and then I died and the game reset ==;;

Aren't SP drinks meant to refill without paying?

Mine permanately says 0 drinks and I need to buy more.

Wrapping up Chapter 2 now. Some of the classes seem underpowered. A low level ranger does way more damage than my high level monk. The summoner hasn't had a use yet.

Yes, you get one every 8 hours. You can even get them while the 3DS is in sleep mode, if the cartridge is in.

Scoot2005

Banned
Is this going to be what more along the lines of older FF titles such as 7,8, and 9? The last one I was invested in was 10. Didn't care for 12 and haven't touched the series since.

Edit - Nvm I can see that it is. Haven't been following this at all. Now I have to pick this one up!

Top Bottom