• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

ss-hikaru

Of course, one of the characters names has a second meaning beyond the obvious comparisons you listed, but it's been removed from the localized/updated version of the game, and can't be mentioned because it's a huge spoiler.

Remember to ask about it when you finish the game.

Very very intrigued now....

It does remind me a bit of Golden Sun. Must be why I love what I see so much.

Yeah!!! Golden Sun is my favourite series, but Bravely Default could topple it. I hope that when they make a BD sequel it won't be a direct one like Dark Dawn though...I'd prefer a whole new story and characters, just same/similar battle system :)

How many villagers will the demo let you save and carry over to the full game?
Currently got 23 villagers in the demo and I can still launch it another 10 times.....

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Of course, one of the characters names has a second meaning beyond the obvious comparisons you listed, but it's been removed from the localized/updated version of the game, and can't be mentioned because it's a huge spoiler.

Remember to ask about it when you finish the game.

I know what it is. And it's awesome.

Should I?
oaw8w60.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Feel free to spoiler tag it - I don't mind spoilers. But can anyone comment on the story, please?

I very much need a good story with lots of plot development to really enjoy an RPG through completion. Most every RPG I have played falls into two categories: 1) I play for four or five hours, the story is lame, and I shelve it, or 2) I play for four or five hours, I like the story... the story keeps me entertained and I beat it.

I enjoy the stories in Witcher 2, KOTOR, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy IX, Tactics Advance. I feel like the PS1 and PS2 Xeno____ games could have pulled me in, but I didn't care for Xenoblade's story.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Feel free to spoiler tag it - I don't mind spoilers. But can anyone comment on the story, please?

I very much need a good story with lots of plot development to really enjoy an RPG through completion. Most every RPG I have played falls into two categories: 1) I play for four or five hours, the story is lame, and I shelve it, or 2) I play for four or five hours, I like the story... the story keeps me entertained and I beat it.

I enjoy the stories in Witcher 2, KOTOR, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy IX, Tactics Advance. I feel like the PS1 and PS2 Xeno____ games could have pulled me in, but I didn't care for Xenoblade's story.

Thats me as well. I`m interested to know about how the plot and characters are.

injurai

Banned

I really really agree with this. The only exception to this is pokemon where the mechanics are strong enough when coupled merely with the role-playing as a trainer element.

If they story is weak the last saving grace will only come from incredible world building, and rewarding exploration.

Moff

I have teen trying to get into JRPGS for years. I dont really like the genre but I want to change that.
there are many things I like about bravery default. its getting universal praise and it looks really beautiful, so I thought I might give jrpgs another try, especially since you can adjust stuff like random encounters, something that always bothered me in that genre.

I downloaded the bravery default demot but I was hopelessely overwhelmed by the possibilities, I went into a dungeon south of the starting town and got my ass handed to me by some dragon. I read the demo is not a part of the final game, but what I actually want to know if the introduction of the game is newbie friendly, otherwise I probably wont get into the game.

Mendrox

I have teen trying to get into JRPGS for years. I dont really like the genre but I want to change that.
there are many things I like about bravery default. its getting universal praise and it looks really beautiful, so I thought I might give jrpgs another try, especially since you can adjust stuff like random encounters, something that always bothered me in that genre.

I downloaded the bravery default demot but I was hopelessely overwhelmed by the possibilities, I went into a dungeon south of the starting town and got my ass handed to me by some dragon. I read the demo is not a part of the final game, but what I actually want to know if the introduction of the game is newbie friendly, otherwise I probably wont get into the game.

Yes Demo is kind of confusing. Just do the quest after quest and level your jobs and everything will click. Full version is way better tutorial of course but the demo is kind of easy when you level everything up a bit. :)

NotLiquid

I agree with this. The demo was a bit too much for me and I get the sense that I hope to like the game as it looks like everything I wish Final Fantasy would be.

I have the European CE back-ordered right now so I'm curious to know how much the game demands from you during it's beginning. It'll probably be a key factor for whether I should keep that order.

EDIT: I wish the Japanese cover was available reversible cover. It looks so beautiful and simplistic.

Leezard

I preordered this to ensure that I receive it on launch now, I don't want to have to go look over the entire town like for Zelda. Despite Zelda being more popular, this should have less copies in the wild at all.

Also, reposting to catch the day crowd:
I added everyone in the second post, please add me as well. :)
1521-3173-0406 | Leezard | Sweden

eShop descriptions and SP Drinks cost:
Bravely Default (Nintendo) - €44.99/£39.99
The crystal's glow wanes by the hour. Its fading light portends a greater darkness to come. Something must be done... In Bravely Default, quest through Luxendarc to awaken the crystals in a unique and innovative RPG experience, only on Nintendo 3DS family systems. Meet mysterious allies and terrible foes from all corners of the world, and best your enemies in instantly accessible turn-based battles. The new "Brave and Default" and "Bravely Second" systems set the stage for even more strategies, allowing you to disrupt the flow of traditional turn-based battles by attacking multiple times in a single turn - or even freezing time.

Bravely Default SP Drink (Nintendo) - €0.99/£0.89 (First time use costs €0.50/£0.50)
Bravely Second is a powerful system in Bravely Default that enables the player to freeze time during a battle. Attacks during Bravely Second use Sleep Points that can be accrued when players leave their Nintendo 3DS in Sleep Mode, or through purchasing an SP Drink from Nintendo eShop, which allows the player to recover 3 Sleep Points immediately after the Drink has been used.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
KMDm9ik.png

I have to admit I'm a bit giddy right now. WWHD and SMW3D going on hold tonight.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Urge to kill rising XD

But NA peeps will get to you before me =P
Let them come! ;p

Apropos, make sure you download the _demo_ before launching the game for the first time
game gives you a present if it finds the demo installed on the system

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Seriously these guys should be in charge of the FF series from now on...

Cant wait to get my copy this thursday and play through it all over again! :D

Top Bottom