• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Rootbeer

Banned
Pre-ordered my NA CE at amazon :3 Yesss!!!! So glad they came through.

Now if only I could get it delivered via Air Prime... :p

Added everyone on the first page friend list as of the time of this post. Will endeavour to keep up to date but if you add me and I don't appear as a friend feel free to send me a PM.

Wichu

I ordered the CE from Nintendo's online store. This morning, they e-mailed me to say they were about to dispatch, but I needed to fix my payment details as they had a problem with PayPal. So I added my card details, and they cancelled my order anyway.

WTF Nintendo Online Store/PayPal :/

Wichu

Should've asked them to price-match the American version. But yeah, that's a shitty move by them.

I haven't had any problems with PayPal before, and I have the receipt from PayPal that I submitted the order. I don't have anything else from PayPal (no payment processing confirmation), so it seems that Nintendo never charged me in the first place :/

EDIT: I can't place a new order like they tell me to because it's no longer up on the store. Looks like I won't be playing this for a while :(

EDIT 2: Ignore that second sentence. Apparently my payment expired. It's dumb that they accept PayPal for pre-orders in that case.

Just got a dispatch note from the Nintendo UK online store :)

138394369177.gif

Damn ThePeoplesBureau, you're quick with adding me to the friends list <3

Added everyone up until this post, please add me as well: 0774 - 4333 - 9602

Can't wait. I need to hurry up and finish Zelda.

aravuus

Urgh, the site I ordered BD from still hasn't dispatched it, and since it's already almost 5pm, they won't do it today. So I assume they'll dispatch it tomorrow.

But it won't arrive here in a day. I know it, they know it, yet they still do this shit. If it's not here by Friday, I'll just go out and buy it, and sell the copy I'll get later in mail goddamn it.

It's really worthwhile getting the actual OST if you like the music, it came in much prettier packaging than I expected and even had some nice bonus stuff thrown in (seriously, I was really impressed when I got it). Better than what you get with the CE I reckon :p (but then again I have no interest in the figurine).

It's the mini OST, but it should have the one new track Revo composed. I hope so anyway.

smh :(

what to do now. I want the Deluxe Artbook because Akihiko Yoshida is a god but I don't know what to do about the soundtrack. The Agnes figurine looking like garbage doesn't help either. Aw man.

zroid

Banned
As the Eurogamer review brought up, the incongruence between the difficulty slider and the microtransactions really is bizarre. Just lends more credibility to the idea that having them in there was a corporate decision from Square Enix executives, added in after the creative decisions for FTS had already been made.

iso135

I wonder if I should get this game. I have never really played any JRPGs. But I loved Fire Emblem when I played it (I know it's not a JRPG.) Might give this a shot.

darkziosj

I wonder if I should get this game. I have never really played any JRPGs. But I loved Fire Emblem when I played it (I know it's not a JRPG.) Might give this a shot.

Never played any jrpgs... do you like what you see?art style. turn combat, jobs, custom dificulty? if so yes.

iso135

Never played any jrpgs... do you like what you see?art style. turn combat, jobs, custom dificulty? if so yes.

I don't prefer the art style, but I also don't really care if the game is good.

I like turn combat.

Not sure on the other two. Need to look into it more.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
I don't prefer the art style, but I also don't really care if the game is good.

I like turn combat.

Not sure on the other two. Need to look into it more.

You might want to check out the demo on eShop then. It should give you a good first impression about the gameplay mechanics while not spoil anything about the story.

iso135

You might want to check out the demo on eShop then. It should give you a good first impression about the gameplay mechanics while not spoil anything about the story.

I'll have to check it out. I'm in the US so I don't think there is a demo available yet.

Does anyone know the track list for the CE OST? I'm pretty much sold on ordering the NA CE, but part of me is still on the fence... Even if the Art Book and AR cards are nice. >_>

Speaking of the AR cards, what do they even do? And 34 of them, at that! Are they like the Kid Icarus ones? That's the last time I remember a game ever needing more than 3-5 AR cards.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Does anyone know the track list for the CE OST? I'm pretty much sold on ordering the NA CE, but part of me is still on the fence... Even if the Art Book and AR cards are nice. >_>

Speaking of the AR cards, what do they even do? And 34 of them, at that! Are they like the Kid Icarus ones? That's the last time I remember a game ever needing more than 3-5 AR cards.

Here's the track list for the CE OST.

01 Overture to Hope
02 Land of Beginnings
03 Horizon of Light and Shadow
04 The Gongs of Battle
05 Sylvan Tranquility
06 Under a Hollow Moon
07 He of the Name
08 Windswept Day
09 Land of Radiant Flowers
10 Ship upon the Open Skies

Here's the track list for the CE OST.

01 Overture to Hope
02 Land of Beginnings
03 Horizon of Light and Shadow
04 The Gongs of Battle
05 Sylvan Tranquility
06 Under a Hollow Moon
07 He of the Name
08 Windswept Day
09 Land of Radiant Flowers
10 Ship upon the Open Skies

Ah... Thanks a lot! It's a shame "A Ballad Moving Towards Hope" is not there... It's one of my favorites from the full OST. :(

But the tracks that are there are nice enough, I suppose. :/

EDIT: Just saw that the CE is only $50... Well damn... I can't really argue for me to not get it anymore!

The first thing I wanted to test after getting my copy this Friday is to check whether it can summon friend from Japan copy (both Flying Fairy & For the Sequel). I wanted to summon my Tiz from JP copy in battle :p

Lee N

Membre
Did a Swedish store break the street date or something?

Apparently. I was there on an unrelated errand today and happened upon this in the 3DS section, took me a couple of seconds to realize that it wasn't, in fact, a display case.

No idea when they started selling this but I guess they're just clueless and put it up as soon as they got their shipment. I also got A Link Between Worlds two days before the release in the same store…

I am going to avoid this OT until it is out in NA... >.<

Good idea. You're going to be REALLY unhappy if you get spoiled on the later plot developments.

There were around 5 AR cards that, if scanned by the 3DS, would play a short AR movie featuring one of the four main characters. No idea why they suddenly have so many, maybe some of the bosses get their own now? I seem to remember them being featured on some cards.

Doombear

Good idea. You're going to be REALLY unhappy if you get spoiled on the later plot developments..

Excatly what I don't want to happen. I know only enough to know that this game's story is phenomenal. So, congratulations all you luckies. See you back here in a few months!

aravuus

Excatly what I don't want to happen. I know only enough to know that this game's story is phenomenal. So, congratulations all you luckies. See you back here in a few months!

I know literally nothing about the story. Like, zero.

And it's been so long since something like this has happened with a game. Can't wait!

Kater

Banned
Ha, got someone who wants to buy the statue from me for 15 Euros, yeah!

I might order the full soundtrack too if it's good. Until now I only heard the music that was in the demo, so I'll play the full game first and after that I will decide whether or not I really need it.
And there is an even bigger artbook too? I may have to buy that as well.

Good idea. You're going to be REALLY unhappy if you get spoiled on the later plot developments.
Just wanna check one thing that I was spoiled on... I'll edit it out if this topic is meant to be spoiler free...

I was told that *MAJOR SPOILERS?*
There's some sort of time loop to go through multiple times.

Is that supposed to be a major shocker? Or are there better details in the plot that are more spoiler-worthy? If so, I'll probably jumping ship as well. :p

There were around 5 AR cards that, if scanned by the 3DS, would play a short AR movie featuring one of the four main characters. No idea why they suddenly have so many, maybe some of the bosses get their own now? I seem to remember them being featured on some cards

It could be the bosses, and extra story movies? Maybe a few AR figurines to look at? Hmmmm....

Laconic

Banned
It's really worthwhile getting the actual OST if you like the music, it came in much prettier packaging than I expected and even had some nice bonus stuff thrown in (seriously, I was really impressed when I got it). Better than what you get with the CE I reckon :p (but then again I have no interest in the figurine).

Switching subjects a bit, how limited a printing do you think Bravely Default For The Sequel Artwork artbook will get? I placed an order for it on amiami but it's a 'provisional' preorder only and I'm scared I won't get it...

Where did you order it from? I want it. :)

Ha, got someone who wants to buy the statue from me for 15 Euros, yeah!

I might order the full soundtrack too if it's good. Until now I only heard the music that was in the demo, so I'll play the full game first and after that I will decide whether or not I really need it.
And there is an even bigger artbook too? I may have to buy that as well.

You should. I got it last year and it definitely one of the best OST that I've purchased ever. :)

Where did you order it from? I want it. :)

You can get the OST from either Amazon JP or Play-Asia. There's more but those two are the common place to get it. If it's the artbook, can grab it from Amazon JP too. :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It could be the bosses, and extra story movies? Maybe a few AR figurines to look at? Hmmmm....
The standard edition comes with the Agnes card alone, printed on the back of the quick reference sheet. If there are more cards those need to be scanned of and posted in this thread stat! O: ]

The standard edition comes with the Agnes card alone, printed on the back of the quick reference sheet. If there are more cards those need to be scanned of and posted in this thread stat! O: ]
Is it the same cards that can be found on the Nintendo UK's site? The PDF file that can be found on the webpage.

Also may preorder the Japanese art book, may give the code that's with it to one of the Japanese version GAFers here ;P

Top Bottom