• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

demidar

Seriously these guys should be in charge of the FF series from now on...

Cant wait to get my copy this thursday and play through it all over again! :D

I wish I could play the game within the week, but I'm a Secret Canadian and Occasional American (according to my 3DS).

93 on Metacritic - wow. Not many reviews true, but I've been reading some of them. It's the Final Fantasy I've been waiting for for years.

This game looks splendid. I curse the fact that I can't access the demo right now, but hopefully the US gets a demo closer to February. I want a taste of this game!!

Speaking of the US release, so far Amazon doesn't seem to have the US release available for pre-order. I'd like to get in on that collector's edition.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I´ll add everyones FC on the first page - wont get the game till beginning of the next week though :-/

KMDm9ik.png

I have to admit I'm a bit giddy right now. WWHD and SMW3D going on hold tonight.

BUT DOES IT SHINE?
itkJbURDtihO5.gif

R.I.P

Will go to town tomorrow and see if any brick and mortar stores have broken the street date. Doesn't happen too often here, but 6.12 is the Finnish independence day and no stores will be open so hopefully the game will be put out earlier, don't wanna wait till Saturday :/

Majmun

Anyone spot this game in the Netherlands? Going to take off from work just to buy the game if street date is broken.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
BTW, game uses antialiasing throughout, in case somebody's concerned about BD's look on the XL.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of the US release, so far Amazon doesn't seem to have the US release available for pre-order. I'd like to get in on that collector's edition.

Amazon.ca has it (and the CE for $49.99) so unless GameStop secured an exclusive in the US, I think it's a done deal Amazon.com will get the CE too.

edit: just found out it's at amazon.com too now! yay

This game looks splendid. I curse the fact that I can't access the demo right now, but hopefully the US gets a demo closer to February. I want a taste of this game!!

Actually, it is up for $49.99 on Amazon for US ordering. Newegg has it too (for $54.99).

(Courtesy of this thread).

Santiako

I sent a pm to the OP to get my info there and I'm slowly adding everyone there, so if you want to add me:

3566-1546-8461

I'll get the game this Friday.

N.A

Banned
will have the game as soon as shopto sends it.

Friend code:
3411-1488-0702| N.A | UK

Adding everyone.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The EN voice acting is the best one I've heard in a JRPG yet. Time to call it a day, though. Game's a blast, but I guess everybody already knows that.

I had very low expectations myself. Perhaps that's why I've been pleasantly surprised,

Haha, ok, that might explain it.

Should watch the first hour of gameplay by NintenDaan can hear the voice suits the characters way better, the trailer's voices has basically been edited terribly.

Oh, I'll check it out then. Thank you.

judging by what I heard of it so far, I'd vastly prefer a british dub like the ones xenoblade, pandora, tls and PJZ2 got.

Absolutely. I'm the kind of weeaboo who switches to Japanese if I can but I never felt the need when playing Xenoblade.

Dunban sounds better in English instead of Japanese Vegeta.

speaking of Xenoblade English VAs, Melia's VA is the current companion in Doctor Who (someone fact check the "current" part for me)

anyone want to take bets on how many points higher Bravely Default's Metacritic average will be compared to Lightning Returns

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Cancelled my CE pre order too. Mediocre figure, mini OST. Only nice thing left is the artbook maybe, depending on pages/quality and the cool box. But it's not worth the ridiculous price.

Kater

Banned
The figurine still looks weird.
Keeping my CE preorder but I'm so going to sell that cheap plastic doll garbage on eBay.
Thanks for the video!

Slighty dissapointing but I like Bravely Default I want those stuff XD, gonna add that to OP
Dunban sounds better in English instead of Japanese Vegeta.
Not as disconcerning as hearing Norio Wakamoto's voice lol, kinda gave the twist away for me cause you can just hear his distinct voice XD.
speaking of Xenoblade English VAs, Melia's VA is the current companion in Doctor Who (someone fact check the "current" part for me)

anyone want to take bets on how many points higher Bravely Default's Metacritic average will be compared to Lightning Returns
You have no avatar to bet with =P and yep, you are correct. And don't think you'll find anyone within this thread will take that bet.

Zenaku

Not as disconcerning as hearing Norio Wakamoto's voice lol, kinda gave the twist away for me cause you can just hear his distinct voice XD.
Norio was chosen because of his distinct voice. They wanted you to figure it out.

I thought Dunban's voice was great in Japanese.

Anyway, officially Dec 3rd here in the UK, my 24th birthday. I'm hopeful Play-Asia will be sending out pre-orders today, so the game/artbook and 3DS XL will arrive on Thursday.

Norio was chosen because of his distinct voice. They wanted you to figure it out.

I thought Dunban's voice was great in Japanese.

Anyway, officially Dec 3rd here in the UK, my 24th birthday. I'm hopeful Play-Asia will be sending out pre-orders today, so the game/artbook and 3DS XL will arrive on Thursday.

Be hopeful, it is the holidays >_<

....I still haven't gotten my Link Between Worlds Poster from GAME's CE, and haven't gotten a tweet back or email (granted email was sent Sat) =/
But they don't reply to tweets unless you praise them or start badmouthing them, then they reply =S
Wow that's crazy. It's my 24th today too. Happy Birthday!

Oh and Happy Birthday to the both of you =)

....I still haven't gotten my Link Between Worlds Poster from GAME's CE, and haven't gotten a tweet back or email (granted email was sent Sat) =/
But they don't reply to tweets unless you praise them or start badmouthing them, then they reply =S

14 days and I got nothing from GAME. No posters, no games, no chests.

On topic, I hope Famitsu #1305 doesn't delay my order. It is supposed to come out on the same day as the game after all.

I am so jealous of the U.K. and their CE figure. :/ Why does Squeenix hate their U.S audience, so?

You haven't seen the figure in a close up picture have you?

Also, from the un-boxing video the artbook is rather... small. However, it is in color and appears to be hardback? Just hoping the US CE edition comes with the same artbook (and not softcover). Thanks for posting the un-boxing video Lord Ghirahim.
EDIT: Wait - huh??? I guess the actual artbook inside the CE box is bigger? So what is that small white book then - just a smaller version of the same book that comes inside the CE box?

ss-hikaru

mini OST? Please say it ain't so D:

It's really worthwhile getting the actual OST if you like the music, it came in much prettier packaging than I expected and even had some nice bonus stuff thrown in (seriously, I was really impressed when I got it). Better than what you get with the CE I reckon :p (but then again I have no interest in the figurine).

Switching subjects a bit, how limited a printing do you think Bravely Default For The Sequel Artwork artbook will get? I placed an order for it on amiami but it's a 'provisional' preorder only and I'm scared I won't get it...

Top Bottom