• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Spinluck

Before I watched the finale, I watched the Pilot for the fuck of it. The contrast in tone is truly amazing. A testament to how far everyone has come, just greatness all around.

The direction the show has taken from season to season has been nothing short of stellar.

Kajiba

tumblr_mtxd94ePe61rhbw3qo1_500.png

tumblr_mtxd94ePe61rhbw3qo2_500.png

Just awesome. Really going to miss this show = (.

StuBurns

Banned
I thought about that, but judging from that fake "flashback" they pulled back in Ozymandias and how "off" it looked, both Cranston and Paul are too old to really effectively sell even younger versions of themselves.
But this episode had a flashback to him in school, so they obviously thought he wasn't too old.

I just realized the part about Jesse making that box was a callback to his shop teacher telling Jesse to keep making that box until he gets it right.

At the end, he made a better box.

It means that he kept making meth until he perfected it, he made meth as good and even better than Walt's meth and lived on as Walt's progeny.

Then there's that contrast with how proud he is after making the box and his misery as a 5 star meth cook.

Such a good transition

Its over now.

Everything that lead to this point was brilliant.

I love it how he admired that lab because of the memories he had with labs and how he loved to cook.

Aiii

So not worth it
Perfect. Satisfying, everyone that deserved it got their due and by god, if that wasn't the best and most pleasurable strangling scene I've ever witnessed, I don't know what is.

I wonder if Walt Jr. uses his cash to get another Challenger. I like to think he does.

Great finale. Really enjoyable way to end a series.

I'm not sure who, but someone on GAF wrote a speculation that turned out to be pretty much exactly dead on, which didn't really ruin it for me or anything, but I wonder if they were just repeating a leak or something.

Anyway, a perfect example of how to make a satisfying ending to a great story.

StuBurns

Banned
Perfect. Satisfying, everyone that deserved it got their due and by god, if that wasn't the best and most pleasurable strangling scene I've ever witnessed, I don't know what is.

I wonder if Walt Jr. uses his cash to get another Challenger. I like to think he does.
Goodman? What did he get?

Wilbur

Banned
How apt that such a subversive show would do a predictable ending

Thus subverting expectations

GILLIGAN YOU SON OF A BITCH

#TeamWalt redeemed.

1. Felina is an anagram for Finale

2. Walt Returns To Save His Feleena

Marty Robbin's "El Paso" won the 1961 Grammy Award for Best Country and Western Recording. The song chronicles the story of a cowboy who falls in love with a woman named Feleena. The cowboy kills a man who hits on Feleena, and the cowboy is forced to flee town out of fear for his life. But while away, the cowboy desires to return to the town and to his love, Feleena.

Upon returning to town, the cowboy is gunned down and dies in Feleena's arms.

Feleena I assume is the Chemistry/Lab.

3. "Felina" = FeLiNa = Iron, Lithium, Sodium = Blood, Meth, Tears

4. "Felina" Alludes to Schrödinger's Cat which is a paradox presents a scenario where a cat can be both dead and alive

j74SykU.gif

ToeKnee

Neo Member
So I know Walt put the ricin in the stevia packet before Lydia got there, but how did he seal it back up as to make it not look ambiguous?

7he Talon

Absolutely amazing ending for an amazing show. Breaking Bad is seriously the best story ever told.
I'm completely satisfied by that ending. Utter perfection.

Metalmarc

Damn that last episode was good
It was missing one guy, saul.

The idea of better call Saul spin off, is that real or just a joke as i notice vince is going to be doing another show soon.

StuBurns

Banned

The idea of better call Saul spin off, is that real or just a joke as i notice vince is going to be doing another show soon.
It's a real show, it's a prequel, and Vince isn't writing it. The guy who wrote Goodman initially is running it.

squidyj

Haha, I just laughed so hard when I read this.

I mean that was my immediate reaction too when I saw the pointers, Walt doesn't know any hitmen, nobody would work with him even if he did. All he has is the fear of Heisenberg to make them believe him. What I DONT understand is why he gave a shit about getting the pointers back afterwards.

squidyj

Vince wrote a pilot a while ago that.... David Shore? is running I think Vince is directing the pilot and then he's out.

He's going to stick around for the first season on Better Call Saul to assist Peter Gould too.

He should do a movie after that.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Finished the ending, it was predictable, beautiful, and perfect. It ended just the way it was supposed to. The scene between Jesse and Walt was particularly well done, they could have done a cliche' talk between the two characters. You know, the one where Walt apologizes, they reminiscence over the good times of their past adventures, and the depart coming to terms with each other. Instead, it's just a simple nod.

And of course the ending scene which mirrors Crawl Space, just cinched it for me.

I'm so sad it's all gone. I wanted more, but what I got was still great.

Do people actually leave their car keys in their sun visors? Has anyone done this?

You always see this in tv shows and movies but to me that would be the such a silly thing to do.

lednerg

So I know Walt put the ricin in the stevia packet before Lydia got there, but how did he seal it back up as to make it not look ambiguous?

He took a part time shift at the Stevia plant, got real friendly with the managers, and after a couple weeks, was able to shmooze his way from janitor to the packaging department. After that, it was just a matter of reconfiguring the sorting computer's algorithm to jam up the equipment during his shift so while everyone was distracted, he could dump the ricin in an empty packet. Either that, or he had a razor blade and some glue.

Metalmarc

Vince wrote a pilot a while ago that.... David Shore? is running I think Vince is directing the pilot and then he's out.

He's going to stick around for the first season on Better Call Saul to assist Peter Gould too.

He should do a movie after that.

Awesome im glad to hear that then. Bring it on.

Top Bottom