• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

The best horrible idea I've heard so far is that in those last moments, Walt cooks once more after Jesse leaves, and produces the first 100% pure meth crystal, holds it in his hand and then vanishes in flash of light just as the cops arrive. Either he goes to the meth dimension or it's a Last Startfighter deal and aliens that need meth to power thier ships pick him up.
This is the best ending Skinny Pete could come up with.

Jesus, you guys are like the haters going on about refs after LeBron was already kissing the Finals trophy. You didn't get the outcome you wanted, but it's better to just accept it. It's over.

I have no idea who a dream what you are referring to in these posts. It was a great ending, but I never understood the "team Walt" thing.

As I said to friends, I wanted Walt to get his, right after he gave everyone else theirs. That's what happened.

Yiazmat

3.05 (Más)

xHYnMNJ.jpg

5.16 (Felina)

jkFbjci.jpg

haikira

Hey. Just thought I'd try again. If anyone could PM me if the finale had any non English dialogue, I'd be extremely grateful. It's the difference of me using Netflix or buying it on Itunes.

Flo_Evans

I think the only thing Walt could of done better is let Todd know Lydia was about to die a painful death.

Amazing show. I've never bought a TV show on DVD but I might for this.

iammeiam

So, we're all agreed Dean Norris should win the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor next year, right?

BB needs it own awards ceremony at this point. Jesse Plemmons needs to win Best Sociopath, Aaron Paul needs to win Best Perpetually Kicked Dog, Dean Norris should win Best Hero With Grey Edges, etc.

Andy Greenwald thought the "It was for me." line was undeserved, the fuck? The show has literally been building to that moment from the very beginning.

zma1013

So, we're all agreed Dean Norris should win the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor next year, right?

I'm in. He is one of the best actors on the show. In fact, I'd probably put him right behind Jesse and Walt. Every scene he was in this season was electric and I think appropriate for what he found out and had to do.

Maxim726X

I'm in. He is one of the best actors on the show. In fact, I'd probably put him right behind Jesse and Walt. Every scene he was in this season was electric and I think appropriate for what he found out and had to do.

He really nailed it this season.

You could just see a change in his demeanor, his presence changed. The look he gave Walt in his garage was worth 10,000 words.

Damn man... What a show.

IceCold

BTW I want to give a big thanks to Cornballer. You made great OTs, kept us updated with the reviews and news all the time, and reminded everyone not to post spoilers here quite often. Plus you're a arrested development fan. Good work man.

It's sad to see this show end :(

zma1013

There was one burning question that the show didn't wrap up for me though. Who paid the tip to the guac server at the restaurant? I have to know how that convo went down.

Hank: "So uhhh, you've made millions right? Could you do the tip?"

Walt: "I'm not sure what you're talking about."

Hank: "Don't play with me you sorry son of a bitch, I know you can afford to do 20%!!!"

Walt: "10% and no more."

I feel a little like Jesse tearing out of the compound. All the tension and stress of this show is over, and it feels a little liberating.

T Dollarz

Andy Greenwald thought the "It was for me." line was undeserved, the fuck? The show has literally been building to that moment from the very beginning.
Agreed, that scene and that line in particular felt so satisfying. I felt just like skylar, like it was a weight lifted off of my shoulders to finally hear Walt admit that his Heisenberg persona actually affected him and his life negatively.

3N16MA

Banned
Did Todd even know that Walt was the one who just killed his crew? He looked out the window and calls Walt like he was calling him to check out what happend. Would have been nice if Walt told him he killed Lydia as Jesse strangled him.

hort22

after hearing all my friends rave about breaking bad for the past few years...i finally caved and started watching on august 9 this year...finished with the finale last night...watched all 62 eps in 51 days...best decision ever...although tv might be ruined now after watching this great show!

You really see the visual split between Walter and Heisenberg in this scene when he says "Just get me through this, I'll do the rest". The mirror symbolizes that in this scene.

ixuROoS.png

Window

Really was a beautiful finale. Reminded me a bit of the Problem Dog monologue. How do you reconcile the irreconcilable? After 61 episodes, Walt finally came to terms with who he is and what he's done (without any presence of rationalization or self-manipulation) somehow. I'm having trouble imagining such a state of mind.

For the second half of S5, she's been incredible if you ask me. One of the (many) highlights of the show.

Yeah def. She really came into her own. I don't agree with the hate for her, but I did think she was a weaker actress at the beginning of all this than at the end. Not sure if that's justified, I'll probably decide on future watch throughs.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
At the end Jesse was better than Walter White. He reached a purity of 96%.
Did Walter notice this in the lab?

Gale states that Walt's meth is 99% pure in the flashback scene in Box Cutter iirc, and I think in Say My Name Walt says it's 99.1% pure.

Really was a beautiful finale. Reminded me a bit of the Problem Dog monologue. How do you reconcile the irreconcilable? After 61 episodes, Walt finally came to terms with who he is and what he's done (without any presence of rationalization or self-manipulation) somehow. I'm having trouble imagining such a state of mind.

Daaaamn seriously!!

Tyin it back to my fave BB moment EVAH.

Post of the thread!!!

Rational thought goes out the window (no pun intended) when you know you are going to die.

My biggest gripe is going to be:

Did mike ignore Todd's past and affiliates when he did the background check? or he didn't care?

Seems like a pretty big oversight.

Top Bottom