• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Raiden

Banned
Kind of amazing how word of mouth turned this show into such a juggernaut. Though I never understood why so many people turn in for the FINALE of a series. Why decide at the very end "Yeah, I'll watch this episode"?

I said this before but most people just record that stuff to watch it later. But when you have a grande finale like this coming up and everyone is excited about it they watch it when it airs.

I dont think viewpoints are registered when your TV is off and just recording the thing.

Anustart

magicloogie.jpg

That's totally irrelevant and you know it.

Spitting has different physics than a bullet :3

Why did Jack want to kill Walt anyway? That's the only thing that didn't make sense to me. he shows up wanting to do business, and then they're like "nah we're gonna kill you instead". I thought they were on good terms. Were they just afraid he would get back into the business?

Loved the difference between Hanks death and Jacks.

Camera pulled away as Hank got shot, Jack, we got the full thing and screen full of blood (what we wanted to see).

Speaking of which, where is the Jack gets it gif ?

PBY

Banned
Why did Jack want to kill Walt anyway? That's the only thing that didn't make sense to me. he shows up wanting to do business, and then they're like "nah we're gonna kill you instead". I thought they were on good terms. Were they just afraid he would get back into the business?

Walts a marked man, Jack told him to gtfo and never come back; his presence puts Jack in danger. I don't think he necessarily WANTED to kill him, but Walt's return forced his hand.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So the spoiler about Charlie Rose being on the show was spoiled by Charlie Rose almost before the season started...

Did anyone hear it before (I had) and who did you think would be on. I was convinced it was Hank or Jesse talking about some book they wrote about Walter.

I had heard about it, and quickly put it out of my mind. So when it happened on the show, I was like "oh this is what he'd been talking about" but I wasn't sitting around anticipating it.

That's how I try to operate for most shows. I don't go to extremes to avoid spoilers, but then I do my best to just put it out of mind. It's easier to do when you're not hanging around sites or forums that are obsessed with guessing future plots.

I think the more likely scenario is that it wasn't a ricochet, but the bullet's course was slightly deflected when coming through the wall. It exits gun, hits wall, changes trajectory slightly and hits him in the side. It's unlikely that every bullet coming through a wall like that would continue to travel in a perfectly straight trajectory.

It doesn't need to bounce off the back wall, off the other wall and then into Walt.

Probably. The gun fired off a shit load of bullets, and it seems well within the realm of possibility for one of those to deflect and hit Walt. Not a big deal.

Artanisix

1. He's like the most wanted man in the goddamn world
2. Lydia called Todd at the end and asked, "is it finished blah blah?" before realizing she wasn't talking to Todd. Pretty sure she told Todd to kill Walt if/when he returns to the Nazi camp, and Todd told the rest of his crew.

boingball

Great Finale on one hand but a little bit too neat on the other hand. I think the episode could have been better. Nothing really broke bad in the episode. The Nazis all die, Lydia dies, Walt finds a way to get money to his family, Marie will get something to bury and get closure, Jesse leaves hell and Walt dies as a legend.

Ozymandias was predictable in the sense that all the bad choices finally paid out and there was no escape from them. Felina was predictable in the sense that it gave the fans what they wanted.

The last season was an awesome ride though and I am happy to see the great ratings the show got.

Linkhero1

No one wants to associate themselves with someone that hot.

Permanently A

Oh I heard that there was a story behind Walt leaving the watch behind on the payphone, but I didn't watch Talking Bad so I don't know what it is. What was it?

As stated, Lydia explicitly tells Todd to take care of Walt at the diner. And later on, Lydia calls Todd's phone asking to see if it was finished.

Oh I heard that there was a story behind Walt leaving the watch behind on the payphone, but I didn't watch Talking Bad so I don't know what it is. What was it?
I don't know if it was on Talking Bad since I don't watch it but I've seen it mentioned in the thread that it was a continuity error for him to keep it due to it's absence at the diner in Denny's so they had to have him remove it sometime before he returned there.

Game-Biz

Yeah, Lydia ordered a hit on Walt:

In the coffee shop after Walt leaves:

Lydia (speaking to Todd): "We are not doing business with him. Todd - please. Do not make me walk you through this. Jesus, did you look at him? We'd be doing him a favor."

And just to be clear, why was Lydia on Walt's hit list? I know a couple of people asked it on the last page, but it seems like the only answer is that she wanted to off all of Mike's friends... which is exactly what Walt himself did anyway.

If Walt knew Lydia wanted Skyler and the kids killed, that would do it, but I don't see how he would know that.

Permanently A

They had a continuity error in the flash-forward where he wasn't wearing his watch in the diner.

I don't know if it was on Talking Bad since I don't watch it but I've seen it mentioned in the thread that it was a continuity error for him to keep it due to it's absence at the diner in Denny's so they had to have him remove it sometime before he returned there.

Wow I would have never thought of that. Nice attention to detail.

Ithil

And just to be clear, why was Lydia on Walt's hit list? I know a couple of people asked it on the last page, but it seems like the only answer is that she wanted to off all of Mike's friends... which is exactly what Walt himself did anyway.

If Walt knew Lydia wanted Skyler and the kids killed, that would do it, but I don't see how he would know that.

To kill all her connections in the meth business.

phalestine

aka iby.h

The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the first episode of this season (Season 5 part 2), they showed him at Denny's with no watch on, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons.

edit - beaten

Linkhero1

She was profiting off his product. She was also in cahoots with the Nazis who Walt at that point despised.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I agree with that but what I'm trying to say is that we don't know if he had the intent to kill Jesse prior to that. I just don't see any point between Walt leaving to NH and the killing of the Nazis where he would have changed his mind about Jesse.

So you're saying that Walt always intended to kill Jesse? Or that he never intended to kill him? I'm just saying that Walt was at a point where he knew he may not be able to have his cake (kill Nazis in room) and eat it too (get Jesse in room with Nazis and kill them all). Assuming, of course, that Walt wanted to kill Jesse.

dem

Kind of a side issue but the Nazi gang never really seems to talk about race or politics that much. Did anyone notice that? It seems like they are more interested in just getting their money than in any other goals.

The Aryan brotherhood is just another criminal enterprise..

They arent the KKK..

mackattk

Ah thanks guys.. stuck at work and didn't have much time.. should have done a quick search and answered my own question about the ratings.

jonezer4

How did Walt get the ricin in the packet of stevia in the first place?

He built an automated machine gun out of a garage door opener, but the intricacies of resealing a packet of Stevia overwhelmed him and he had to go to the Stevia plant and force someone at gun point to make him a special packet.

Game-Biz

Because his plan is to kill the Nazi's, which are her employees. These are the guys she depends on for business. Once she found out that Walt took down her business who knows what she would do. Walt knows how much of nervous nut she is, and leaving her alive would be a possible risk for his family.

Nyx

I thought it was a great ending, but do understand why some people thought it was just a bit too neat.

Will remember BB as the show that i've enjoyed most, going to miss it for sure.

Sanjuro

To kill all her connections in the meth business.

Going into the episode I had a similar mindset. Lydia didn't need to die for any reason Walt could manufacture. That changed when Skylar revealed that the men wanted to kill his family when they questioned her about the woman at the gas station. She had to die after that moment.

The sequence of events could have been out of place now that I think about it.

Linkhero1

Going into the episode I had a similar mindset. Lydia didn't need to die for any reason Walt could manufacture. That changed when Skylar revealed that the men wanted to kill his family when they questioned her about the woman at the gas station. She had to die after that moment.

Then who was the ricin for?

Guess Who

Banned

Yup. Skyler only told Walt about that after he'd already poisoned Lydia.

Top Bottom