• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

-griffy-

Banned
Jesse would have been dead and you can't really have control over something like that. Walt didn't want Jesse to be killed.
He wanted Jesse to be killed, and likely himself, up until the moment that he actually laid eyes on Jesse and realized he wasn't willingly partnered with the nazis.

amnesiac

Maybe I'm thinking too hard but about the Gretchen/Elliott money:

If they hear that Heisenberg died, they'll assume that the hitmen wouldn't get paid anymore, and then tell the cops, wouldn't they?

If they hear that Heisenberg died, they'll assume that the hitmen wouldn't get paid anymore, and then tell the cops, wouldn't they?

He said he already gave them the money. I think they'll be too scared to take that chance.

zkylon

zkylewd

that's up to your interpretation, like jesse immediately getting caught by the police after escaping the nazis

-griffy-

Banned
Does nobody think 9 million dollars is a lot for Walt jr to receive from Elliot and Gretchen? I mean yes, they gave 28 million already, but that was spread out.

How is it anywhere near plausible for them to give that much money to one individual without raising suspicions? Certainly Walt Jr. will suspect something?

"If Walter White hadn't sold his share of the company for $5000 all those year ago, his share today would be worth around $86 million. In light of all that has happened, this is but a small part of what we feel is owed to this family to help them rebuild."

Robot Pants

The "hitmen" have already been paid.

Right.
He also needed to dramatically raise that price on what he paid them.
Just lie about it. 100,000 dollars each to keep tabs on someone every day for up to a year or more is ridiculously low.
Regardless of how much he paid Badger and Skinny Pete, he could have lied to Elliot and Gretchen and said "There was two million more that I would have loved to leave on this table but..."

It was really wonderful seeing Jesse escape last night. The look of sheer amazement and joy on his face as he burst through the gate of the nazi compound was one of my favorite moments. My only hope is that he can start a new life...

IN PRISON, for the murder of Gale Boetticher and his contributions to running a meth empire.

Justice.

Robot Pants

It was really wonderful seeing Jesse escape last night. The look of sheer amazement and joy on his face as he burst through the gate of the nazi compound was one of my favorite moments. My only hope is that he can start a new life...

IN PRISON, for the murder of Gale Boetticher and his contributions to running a meth empire.

Justice.

It would have been great to see him scream in joy as he rides off into the distance, only to be stopped by the oncoming police seconds later. I would have died laughing.

Right.
He also needed to dramatically raise that price on what he paid them.
Just lie about it. 100,000 dollars each to keep tabs on someone every day for up to a year or more is ridiculously low.
Regardless of how much he paid Badger and Skinny Pete, he could have lied to Elliot and Gretchen and said "There was two million more that I would have loved to leave on this table but..."

He did exaggerate. He said he paid them 200K but the stacks he gave them in the car look more like 10-20K.

Hindle

Banned
Jesse not shooting Walt showed that he was done letting Walt manipulate him. I've not really liked the character that much in S5 due to his whining, but not killing Walt and him growing some balls by killing Todd redeemed him to me.

Just the way he drops the gun and says No, you do it. Such a great moment.

Jesse not shooting Walt showed that he was done letting Walt manipulate him. I've not really liked the character that much in S5 due to his whining, but not killing Walt and him growing some balls by killing Todd redeemed him to me.

Just the way he drops the gun and says No, you do it. Such a great moment.

Would have liked a 'goodbye Mr White' but you can't have everything

Anustart

Would have liked a 'goodbye Mr White' but you can't have everything

image.php

iirc Walt made sure that was the case. He said something like "after what happens tomorrow" implying he probably wont be around anymore but no matter what the hitmen will be watching them.

I've no doubt Gretchen and Elliot would comply after probably hearing about all the crazy shit Walt has probably done on the news.

inm8num2

Can't stop listening to Badfinger's Baby Blue. Such a fitting swan song for the end of the show.

"Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell."

Moff

I dont really understand why jesse would be so happy. he was super depressed at the start of the season. what really changed for him? he lost all his money and hi girlfriend is dead. what changed for him that would make him happy now`?

y2dvd

10 million views vs the 1 million from season 1-4? Amazing!

I'm glad we got a closure ending. There was no way Walt was going to survive for long, so he went out on his own term. There was no need to make him surviving ambiguous.

I'll say it now because I don't know when this thread will be close, it's been a blast to be on a live discussion with gaf watching this show. I've had too many laughs reading everyone's freaked out reaction whenever a crazy twist occurred. The comics, the gifs, the predictions and debates...I will miss it and I thank this show for the ride. I wish I was there from the start lol.

#TeamBreakingBad

Dany

Banned
Jesus christ. Vince talking about the pitch he made about Walt taking revenge for Jesse's death is fucking maniacal. So was skylers death, that would have been some dark shit.

I dont really understand why jesse would be so happy. he was super depressed at the start of the season. what really changed for him? he lost all his money and hi girlfriend is dead. what changed for him that would make him happy now`?

He no longer has to cook Meth against his will for Neo-nazis that beat and abuse him.

maharg

idspispopd

He's free of Walt. Not the consequences of Walt, obviously, but ding dong the witch is dead and all that.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

He was brutalized and forced into slavery for a couple months. Freedom probably felt pretty damn good when he thought he was going to be doing that until he was dead.

Guess Who

Banned

Probably the part where he's not being beaten and enslaved by Nazis for the rest of his life.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jesus christ. Vince talking about the pitch he made about Walt taking revenge for Jesse's death is fucking maniacal. So was skylers death, that would have been some dark shit.

Yeah, was gonna post here about it, when GAF died.

Show would have went an entire different route. Didn't even sound drug related, but serial killer related.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
He did exaggerate. He said he paid them 200K but the stacks he gave them in the car look more like 10-20K.

I think it's actually how much was missing. The relocation fee for Saul's guy was $125,000 plus whatever money he paid him per visit plus what little he kept for himself for last minute use. The fact that he didn't give it to Badger and Skinny Pete directly doesn't mean much to me, but I am pretty sure that's at least where Walt got the number from.

I was going to give the finale a 10/10, but they didn't resolve the Trent plot point, or how he was able to make fresh guacamole at your table.

3/10

Top Bottom