• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Ithil

Really enjoyed the finale and the show overall.

Not sure why Walt would tell Lydia he gave her the ricin though, gives her a chance to go to the doctor and recover...

Todd looking out of the window and just going, "Mr. White...." before realizing what's going on and not showing concern for his uncle and crew goes incredibly together with his character throughout the series. Cold, apathetic, dumb, gullible, naive.

There is no recovery, ricin is fatal once it gets into the bloodstream.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm just saying, Gliding Over All would've been a much more satisfying open-ended ending than Granite State would have been. It's not like 5.2 played out in a particularly unexpected way, everything basically went according to plan. Which I have no complaints about, but I think you could end the show after Hank finds out and at that point, you know it's over. That would be fine by me.

edit: oops dp

Oh, more than Granite State? Yeah. Ozymandias would have been a better open ended conclusion, but then I think people would have whined about that even more. It's only that you know it isn't the finale that you read the posts saying "I would have been happy with that being a finale"

The show that BB was, it always needed closure. A Western, a pulp, a highly serialised piece of drama. It can go for ambiguous themes but plot wise, being absolutely blatant was the way to go.

and still people are like 'is he dead when did he get an m60 when did badger get s.e.a.l. training'

From reddit:

bpLJlS9.gif

LOL I want someone to combine that with this:

3859271924_24af790d82_o.gif

Well they did explain it when the Nazi guy riding with him was like park over there and then Walt parked where he wanted.

On a side note: I also I think Todd looking out the window can be explained because he had no idea what was going on. State of shock + getting killed by automated machine gun = dumbfounded for a few seconds.

Yea. I thought it was believable. I guess my thing, if anything was unbelievable, that gun in the trunk device would get pointed out by my first.

Todd at the window made me laugh. He is so aloof sometimes. I understand though. He didn't know what was in the trunk. He thought maybe it was an ambush.

I want to know if they had a full sentence for him to say before Jessie killed him. I bet it was pretty funny.

brock becomes a meth cook he sucks

brocks backyard at night one day

brock: you uhh you wanna cook meth? you and uh.. and me? :)

jesse: you know the business. and i know the chemistry.

abq news: heisenberg back from the dead???

rekameohs

Banned
brock becomes a meth cook he sucks

brocks backyard at night one day

brock: you uhh you wanna cook meth? you and uh.. and me? :)

jesse: you know the business. and i know the chemistry.

abq news: heisenberg back from the dead???
You lost your partner today. What's her name...Holly? Holly's going to prison.

Wilbur

Banned
Season 5 has knocked the music out of the park. Pick Yourself Up, Crystal Blue Persuasion, Take My True Love By The Hand, the actual Breaking Bad theme tune, El Paso, Baby Blue

and of course all of Todd's amazing ring tones

brock: it really broke me up about holly, shes like a sister to me how she doin she okay?

jr.: i dont know i heard maybe you D d-DIMED on her >:[

brock: that is BOW-SHII, jr!!!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
... You do realize that white power/skinhead gangs are a real thing and they're involved in the drug trade, right?

Did everyone dealing drugs in this show need to be a franchise restaurant owner or something?
Seriously. I found that very realistic. Hell, I went to school with a (really bad) kid who ended up a Nazi racist. (He even tattooed "Racist" to his forehead to make sure no one forgot.) He'd even gotten caught consorting to assassinate President Obama.

I keep thinking about the police showing up at the compound. What are they finding?

A dead Nazi outside
A room full of dead Nazi's
A dead Walter White/Heisenberg
A car with a remote controlled automatic weapon connected to a swinging arm, which is probably still swinging
All except one of them shot to death, one of them choked to death
Maybe a shitload of money if it's on the property (We never find out where it is)

I'd love to be on the force trying to piece that puzzle together. I think they'd figure it out though. Walt was the only one separate from everyone else and was only shot with one bullet indicating it was possibly accidental. One of the bad guys is dead by choking, the chains are also lying on the floor. Walt's fingerprints are probably in the car, on the gun and other machinery. I also assume Jesse left some fingerprints behind somewhere. (I doubt he has any money so it's not like he could call the Vacuum repair guy and disappear.)

Plus, Walt didn't give Uncle Jack the kindness Hank didn't get. Shot cold in the middle of his sentence. So glad.

I wonder what Walts plan would have been if he hadn't gotten shot and Jesse still refused to kill him. Get caught maybe? He still had cancer, right so eventually he'd die, but I suspect the prison would probably give him Chemo just so he could remain alive.

Marz

Not sure why Walt would tell Lydia he gave her the ricin though, gives her a chance to go to the doctor and recover...

Todd looking out of the window and just going, "Mr. White...." before realizing what's going on and not showing concern for his uncle and crew goes incredibly together with his character throughout the series. Cold, apathetic, dumb, gullible, naive.

Didn't Walt poison Brock with Ricin? He didn't die

hamchan

There is no antidote for ricin poisoning. Walt probably didn't give enough to Brock to kill him but looks like he gave Lydia a whole sugar packet's worth. She's dead.

EDIT: Oh wait, he poisoned Brock with that Lily of the Valley plant.

maharg

idspispopd
I wonder what Walts plan would have been if he hadn't gotten shot and Jesse still refused to kill him. Get caught maybe? He still had cancer, right so eventually he'd die, but I suspect the prison would probably give him Chemo just so he could remain alive.

The most plausible explanation that I've seen (and I think one or the other of the Vince interviews backs it up) is that Walt intended to go down with everyone else from the M60. Probably including Jesse. Only his last minute decision to throw Jesse to the ground kept him from suiciding-by-M60.

walt most definitely did not intend on getting himself shot

he cant even poke a needle into his own arm

it would make no sense for walt to do himself like that

Wilbur

Banned
i met a traveller from an antique land

tumblr_mp6pzwIuC11qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg

who said two vast and trunkless legs of stone

261948-walt_jr.jpg

stand in the desert. near them on the sand

steven-michael-quezada-3-e1358193871553.jpg

half sunk a shattered visage lies whose frown

breakingbad_ted-is-alive.jpg

and wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command

tumblr_m7d4tcDYaG1rbb4myo1_500.png

tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Gale_600x300_template.gif

which yet survive stamped on these lifeless things

tumblr_mbl7atD5OB1qat25fo1_500.jpg

the hand that mocked them and the heart that fed

2-gus-fringe.jpg

and on the pedestal these words appear

breaking-bad-gif-marie-schrader-8161151.gif

my name is ozymandias king of kings

42182_pro.jpg

look on my works ye mighty and despair

twave.jpg

nothing beside remains. round the decay

LAMBERT.png

of that colossal wreck boundless and bare

pontiac_aztec.jpg

the lone and level sands stretch far away

196217268_70060074001_AMC-BreakingBad-SaulWebisode-TestimonialBadger.jpg

#foreshadowing

maharg

idspispopd
walt most definitely did not intend on getting himself shot

he cant even poke a needle into his own arm

it would make no sense for walt to do himself like that

What are you talking about. Walt literally pulled a trigger to his own head (with a gun he didn't know was empty).

Well they did explain it when the Nazi guy riding with him was like park over there and then Walt parked where he wanted.

On a side note: I also I think Todd looking out the window can be explained because he had no idea what was going on. State of shock + getting killed by automated machine gun = dumbfounded for a few seconds.

What does it take to be dumbfounded for life?

What are you talking about. Walt literally pulled a trigger to his own head (with a gun he didn't know was empty).

the situation was much different then

there was an extreme load of shame on him back when he had no grip with his heisenberg persona, he was panicking his mind literally could not take the idea of his family finding out but when he saw the impact of the bullet to the ground he regained his sanity

maharg

idspispopd
the situation was much different then

there was an extreme load of shame on him back when he had no grip with his heisenberg persona, he was panicking his mind literally could not take the idea of his family finding out but when he saw the impact of the bullet to the ground he regained his sanity

Cute goalpost move. He's incapable of suicide! Except that time.

Top Bottom