• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The most plausible explanation that I've seen (and I think one or the other of the Vince interviews backs it up) is that Walt intended to go down with everyone else from the M60. Probably including Jesse. Only his last minute decision to throw Jesse to the ground kept him from suiciding-by-M60.
Well yeah, but after he decided to save Jesse, he wasn't planning on being shot by his own robot. So what if he hadn't been shot AND Jesse decided not to kill him? Would he have shot himself? Would he have set the pressure tank to explode killing him? I actually thought he was gonna kill himself in a lab explosion when they did the shot of the pressure gauge on the tank. I even thought it might still happen even as the police moved in on the place. (Which would have killed innocent people so I'm glad it didn't happen) Still.

Speevy

Banned
Perhaps the biggest reason that justifies Lydia's death is because she was as ruthless as Heisenberg.

No one that evil can be left alive.

Erekiddo

How many times can people ask why Lydia was killed in one thread? Jesus. We need a post-FAQ section.

Loved the finale. 0 complaints.

Perhaps the biggest reason that justifies Lydia's death is because she was as ruthless as Heisenberg.

Nah she knew about Walt's business so she was a threat to his family after he's gone so she had to be tied up. That phone call was pretty corny, now that I think about it.

the schwartz's giving that money is totally going to work. If Walt Jr's life isn't ruined enough already, just wait until the reality sets in that his father actually did go die by way of the media reporting it like crazy. He's accepting that money, i don't care how angsty he got about the whole meth kingpin thing, when a kid says "I HOPE YOU DIE DAD" they never really are prepared for that actually occuring. That family went through the worst, the Gray Matter people feel guilty, and made that obvious on national television.

and i don't think Walt intended on getting tagged by the robot M60 at all, a big part of this show has always been one snag in the execution of every Walter White plan. The one snag this time as i see it this time around was that stray bullet. also, I highly, highly doubt he wanted to get killed by the gun WITH the nazis because why would he ever want to go out looking like part of that group?

and one more cent, Todd looking out that window in awe at the trunk mechanism was 100% in character any way you spin it. If he pieced it all together right away, He's Walter White's number one fan, nobody respects WW more than Todd, his uncle and everybody being killed? he doesn't care he's Todd. What he does care about is that awesome thing Walt just did. He also didn't expect Jesse because you need empathy to realize that Jesse is as upset as a human can be, and is about to destroy you in like two seconds.

This finale was written by the same minds that brought us the rest of this show, they know what's up. I loved it.

strobogo

Banned
I liked that Walt's death was still directly due to his own actions and it wasn't some bullshit cop out. The bullet that killed him came from him. Jesse refusing to kill Walter was him finally ending the hold Walt had on him.

This was a show that needed everything to be neatly wrapped up. It had been building to a neat wrap up. The whole show from the start tied loose ends. It might take a few episodes or even a season to wrap up, but just about every plot was tied up for the whole duration of the show. That's a really stupid complaint.

It should have been unsatisfying, vague, and ambiguous!

Blackage

Uh no, like Mike said Lydia was just as bad as any man and we all know this is true.

Walter recognized this, he knew they would betray them, and he knew that she'd be in on it.

It's not hard to spot a monster when you're one yourself. That's just my take on it anyway.

Speevy

Banned
Nah she knew about Walt's business so she was a threat to his family after he's gone so she had to be tied up. That phone call was pretty corny, now that I think about it.

Well nobody would have picked up on the ricin unless they showed a separate scene of her dying (which would have been a waste of time).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: "What would have happened if he didn't get shot" -- you guys are overthinking this. He was days away from death for the cancer. It was over. He didn't care. It wouldn't have mattered if the cops got him or he shot himself or he got shot.

Blader

RE: "What would have happened if he didn't get shot" -- you guys are overthinking this. He was days away from death for the cancer. It was over. He didn't care. It wouldn't have mattered if the cops got him or he shot himself or he got shot.

But when did Badger and Skinny Pete become the greatest hitmen in the west?

And what happened to Huell?

smh gilligan, fix this shit!

kehs

Banned
How so? Why would he let her live after killing everybody that supplied her with the purest meth available? Walt knows what she's capable of so she had to go.

What is she gonna do? "OMG it's walter white with the blue meth"?

She can throw skyksy under the bus, but skysky has leverage with the dead bodies.

Lydia would just move on, like she did with mike, like she always has with two-different-shoed self.

inm8num2

What would you guys say are the best episodes to show newbies besides the pilot, to give them a taste of BB?

I'd vote for 4 Days Out and Dead Freight. Those are episodes you can watch not knowing much of the surrounding/previous narrative.

rekameohs

Banned
What would you guys say are the best episodes to show newbies besides the pilot, to give them a taste of BB?

I'd vote for 4 Days Out and Dead Freight. Those are episodes you can watch not knowing much of the surrounding/previous narrative.

None. The pilot tells the viewer enough and is great as well.

Speevy

Banned

One Minute is Breaking Bad at its best. Pure tension.

rCIZZLE

You should tell them to suck it up and watch the first few episodes so they get hooked the right way.

jtb

Banned

Fly!

loljk

but seriously, I'd vote for Sunset. not one of the series' flashier episodes, but I seriously love that showdown at the RV. One of, if not my favorite, scene in the series.

Yep. His final talk with Skyler showed that he was done with everything. He was intending to finish this his way. He still "won" in the end. His family will still receive his money, he wasn't caught, and he protected his... immediate family.

I couldn't believe they killed two of my favorite characters in a single season (technically it's one season). This show man.

It's such a shame that Vince Gilligan didn't go to HBO. He's producing that detective drama on national tv and Better Call Saul.

Now the only dramas I'm, as of right now, looking forward to are HBO's TV version of Monster and American Gods. But I've already read/seen both of those source materials. I'm out. Sons of Anarchy is fine. Justified is amazing. House of Cards is awesome.

But none of them are Breaking Bad. This is going up there with The Wire and The Sopranos.

season 1

episode 1-3 dealing with krazy 8/emilio and the disposal of their bodies

episode 6 with the introduction of tuco

speaking of which how about some love for tuco

mpchc642011090420500026.jpg

its been way too long since this guy got some appreciation

i remember watching tuco on screen for the first time, i was so terrified for walt and jesse, this guy is a pitbull

Odrion

Banned
The most plausible explanation that I've seen (and I think one or the other of the Vince interviews backs it up) is that Walt intended to go down with everyone else from the M60. Probably including Jesse. Only his last minute decision to throw Jesse to the ground kept him from suiciding-by-M60.
Doesn't Walt kinda cover Jesse from the gunfire as well? I think Walt figured that there was a good chance that the spray would be wider than a straight horizontal spread.

rCIZZLE

I thought it was just that she had to die to protect Jesse and Walt's family since she obviously had no problem eliminating loose ends.

GavinGT

Banned

The last few minutes of the pilot, and then the part in the second episode where he sees Zombie Crazy-8 walking down the street.

Oh, and the part where Walt punks the jock kid in the clothing store and then that sick pan flute solo plays.

Odrion

Banned
Do you guys think this exploded in popularity at the right time? I think so. No fan burnout, no worries of losing 10 million viewers, just a "Hey, you came at the right time. Now let's watch the conclusion."

IceCold

What is she gonna do? "OMG it's walter white with the blue meth"?

She can throw skyksy under the bus, but skysky has leverage with the dead bodies.

Lydia would just move on, like she did with mike, like she always has with two-different-shoed self.

Maybe have her killed because Skyler is the only one to have seen her? Better safe than sorry. Walt has no reason not to kill her as she was also involved with the Nazis and profiting from the empire he started. He wasn't gonna let that happen again.

season 1

episode 1-3 dealing with krazy 8/emilio and the disposal of their bodies

episode 6 with the introduction of tuco

speaking of which how about some love for tuco

mpchc642011090420500026.jpg

its been way too long since this guy got some appreciation

i remember watching tuco on screen for the first time, i was so terrified for walt and jesse, this guy is a pitbull

Fuck yeah. Tuco was great. Especially since really seemed like a crazy dude. The type of guy that things emotionally and not rationally.

maharg

idspispopd
it doesnt make an ounce of sense for walt to wanna do himself, if youre thinking it would be a way for him to punish himself for ~*~all the bad hes done~*~ then thats even cuter

Well lucky I don't think that at all then!

I think he'd do it because he's going to die soon anyways and he'd rather go out on his own terms, having proven his mastery over everyone who wronged him than rotting in a prison cell while his cancer ate him.

rekameohs

Banned
Didn't Vince say that Walt's original plan was to murder everybody, including himself and Jesse?

I'm pretty sure he was ready to just click open the trunk as soon as Jesse walked in, turning everyone - including himself - into Swiss cheese. He just changed his mind when he saw how shitty Jesse looked.

Speevy

Banned
If Walt had done the deed without Jesse nearby, wouldn't Jesse have made a better showing in court?

Prisoner vs. Fugitive?

nemesun

What an outstanding finale,everything about it was downright spot on. This show will forever have a special place in my heart, absolutely magnificent.

Top Bottom