• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Remember when LOST announced an extra half hour right before the finale?

They did the finale RIGHT.

The LOST retrospective special, the 2 and a half hour episode, and then the Jimmy Kimmel special after the news (stupid news).
All finales should be that long :(

Starting at the halfway point I'm going to want my perception of time to alter.

Because there were so many people posting. BB is huge here.....but LOST is easily the "biggest" show GAF has ever watched, in terms of # of ppl watching and amount of posts/discussion/arguing/flaming/Eriguing.
Heh. Those threads were crazy - just a staggering number of posts.
I can't wait until people interview the grip about the episode.
They're just working their way down the food chain. There's been a ridiculous amount of content this week - some of the stuff that I declined to post has been hilariously bad. I still ran out of characters on the last Granite State content round up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This show really does feel like it's ending precisely when it should. That's pretty rare.

Definitely.

I have hopes that Justified will also end at the right time since Graham Yost has been saying 6 seasons for years now.

Then you have shows like Dexter that should have ended like 4 years ago...

Wilbur

Banned
This show really does feel like it's ending precisely when it should. That's pretty rare.

Seems absolutely methodical in the time its been on the air, the journey its taken from pilot to final episode... everything feels absolutely naturally and organically perfect. Which is why its great to hear they made up the fucking thing as they went along.

Seems absolutely methodical in the time its been on the air, the journey its taken from pilot to final episode... everything feels absolutely naturally and organically perfect. Which is why its great to hear they made up the fucking thing as they went along.

I fucking love that. I love it so much.

I think the overall discussion on this show here has remained remarkably good despite its explosion in popularity. There are a lot of thoughtful regulars. Maybe it helps that there is no contingent of "THIS SHOW SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUX"-ers here, and, for those who do criticize, there isn't a lot of defensiveness in response.

Bteakin bad GAF I just wanna day I love all of you

Hear hear.

Dysun

mileygif1.gif

Orlandu84

Great OT for the finale!

Although I am very excited to watch the final episode, I am also oddly content that Breaking Bad has done such a great job so far. I suppose this feeling of desire and satisfaction is what people experienced when viewing Shakespeare's Macbeth for the first time. You know that the final scene of the final act is going to be excellent, but you don't know how excellent.

Anustart

Guys, where am I going to see you after the show ends? We're all one big family in here :( How's this sound, we get together and bang out 1 fanfic episode a week to keep it all alive in low-budget, terrible acting and ridiculous story fashion? I need you...

Wilbur

Banned
Guys, where am I going to see you after the show ends? We're all one big family in here :( How's this sound, we get together and bang out 1 fanfic episode a week to keep it all alive in low-budget, terrible acting and ridiculous story fashion? I need you...

please

and then we can do skype dramatic readings

i'll play fred livingliddle, walt's chemistry teacher and the man who invented heroin

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I'll see you in the AC thread bro :p

Mononoke

Banned
I agree with you but a lot actually think Lost lost it's purpose after season 3-4.

Yeah. X-Files gets a bad wrap, but I actually think it was pretty solid 1-6. And even Season 8 is pretty good with Doggett. Season 9 was awful, and season 7 was really atrocious. It was the season when David wanted out of the show. You could tell he didn't want to be there, the writers didn't really want to write for him. And all of his plot arcs were quickly rushed to half assed-conclusions.

Plus, X-Files could always get by with really solid monster of the week episodes, whereas LOST was more about the over-arching mythology and character arcs. Then again, I still think that Season 4 and 5 of LOST are actually really solid too as stand alone seasons. What I mean is, I think as just 44 min of entertainment, the episodes in 4 and 5 are generally great. But the main plot had become tired by that point, and was starting to go all over the place. So I'll agree there. And I also understand why it would be fatiguing by that point.

But hell, when you watch a show like Dexter where it goes downhill in a really bad way, and you just see this MASSIVE jump in quality, I think LOST and X-Files in hindsight held up pretty damn well in comparison (again, I mean just as entertainment. Not trying to defend the wonky plot). The problem is, because LOST's mythology and story is so important, I can understand why the conclusion of the story ruined it for some fans.

Top Bottom