• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Good thing they didn't check the trunk.

Good thing everyone was in the room all at the same time.

Good thing Walt was able to get close enough to Jesse to keep him on the ground.

Good thing nothing at all went wrong with Walt's plan!

That's what happens when you are better than everyone else.

MormaPope

Banned
Jesse had been Walt's plaything or experiment from the pilot, yes, Jesse did escape the hell that was Neo Nazis and Todd. But he was truly freed when Walt was near death. Jesse was free from Walt's experiment.

Walt accepted who he was and wasn't necessarily depressed by these facts. He knew the choices he made and the experiment he created was all on him. He died doing what he loved, chemistry. The transformations, the binding, the destruction, it was mainly for Walt's personal enjoyment seeing these ideas and elements interact with each other.

An honest and beautiful conclusion.

tookhster

THAT is how you end a show, ladies and gentlemen.

I always wanted Dexter to end like that, but let's not get into that shitstorm and enjoy what a great show BB was.

So Walt orchestrated all that, but he ended up getting killed by essentially a stray bullet/ deflection? I'm guessing he was banking on manipulating Jesse into killing him if he wasn't hit by the machine gun.

What was Walt's plan if he didn't get hit by the stray bullet and Jesse still wouldn't shoot him? Just off himself?

Damaniel

Banned
But the bullet holes all lined up at above 4-5 feet through the wall, and Walt and Jesse were on the ground. Was it that clear and I missed something?

He was hit by a ricochet. You could hear the sound of the shot hitting Walter and his reaction just fine. Everybody I was watching with knew he was shot the second it happened.

Kusagari

But the bullet holes all lined up at above 4-5 feet through the wall, and Walt and Jesse were on the ground. Was it that clear and I missed something?

If you pay close attention you can see when Walt flinches on the ground when the bullet ricochets into him.

sangreal

One little nag, can't Lydia just go to the hospital now and tell them she has ricin poisoning? he shouldn't have told her anything

Yeah, it's a pretty minor issue but that crossed my mind too. When Jessie (incorrectly) told the doctors that Brock had ricin poisoning they seemed to have a treatment regiment for it

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
My friend is so mad. He fucking hates this show. Predicted exactly how it would end - 60s or 70s music and Walt dead.

Your friend is an idiot to think that it takes someone special to predict that following the end of Season 5: Part 1, Walter would die.

What other ending would have been more fitting or even expected? Even a fade to black and we could assume that Walter eventually does.

Good thing they didn't check the trunk.

Good thing everyone was in the room all at the same time.

Good thing Walt was able to get close enough to Jesse to keep him on the ground.

Good thing nothing at all went wrong with Walt's plan!

The episode kind of felt like Walt was already dead or dying and this was just a dream or final image playing out of how he would have liked things to go.

Mindlog

On the one hand: It was almost too neat. Given the preceding episodes you expect some major twist or event. The call from Lydia was way too much for that scene. We didn't need to see that.

On the other hand: That's exactly what it needed to be. There's no need to constantly one-up everything. What more do you want besides an M60 strapped to an arm that's set up perfectly.

Verdict: Spectacular final season.

EBDQSgS.gif

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

Mononoke

Banned
Pretty good ending. Tbh I liked ozymandias the most out of this season though.

Really thought Jesse would die or at least give him and Walt a bigger moment. Barely any words were exchanged

I don't think there needed to be words. Jesse was torn, because he cared about Walt, but hated him at the same time. He also knew that giving Walt what he wanted, would still be Walt controlling him. I think their exchange was perfect.

Jesse also got a new thirst for life, after the hell he had been through.

Good finale. Lazy writing and uneventfulness marred the first 60 minutes, but the last 15 were great. Do wish there was a longer Jesse/Walt scene.

KarmaCow

Broadly, I thought it was wrapped up a bit too neatly. I thought Marie's line about Walt thinking he's a criminal mastermind would be a little bit of self awareness but that's pretty much what happened. He Heisenberg'ed his way through everything and everything went with how he planned it. Of course, he still destroyed his family and everything didn't work out for the series as a whole, but that finale was pretty perfect for Walt in that situation.

There were some great moments (the scene with Jesse was fantastic) and there are certainly worse finales but I guess I hyped myself up too much.

Top Bottom