• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Wow, I couldn't have thought of a more satisfying conclusion. It hit every point it needed to bring "closure" without tying up the bow in too transparent a way.

Never expected it to top the Friday Night Lights finale (and it didn't), but it's up there in the very exclusive pantheon of GREAT series finales.

Wondering what the significance of the episode title ("Felina") was, by the way.

THAT is how you end a show, ladies and gentlemen.

I always wanted Dexter to end like that, but let's not get into that shitstorm and enjoy what a great show BB was.

...Isn't that how Dexter ended? The main character dies on his own terms, everything that went badly tied up neatly.

Red Comet

What a satisfying ending. My expectations were so ridiculously high and this somehow met them. I was so happy that all of the characters did what I wanted them to this episode. I wanted Skyler to have a peaceful goodbye with Walt, I wanted Walt to protect Jesse, I didn't want Jesse to kill Walt. It was perfect.

Cudder

EWmof.gif
Goodbye Breaking Bad.
p0QHO.gif

Finding a new show to dive into is going to be impossible. :(

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This episode offered something that shows rarely do.
Closure
. Thank. God.

Zoolader

If you pay close attention you can see when Walt flinches on the ground when the bullet ricochets into him.

He was hit by a ricochet. You could hear the sound of the shot hitting Walter and his reaction just fine. Everybody I was watching with knew he was shot the second it happened.

He got hit, you can see him grimace when it happens

The flinch was easily seen but we kinda saw the same in the desert shoot out. I should have had my amp and speakers on instead of the tv speakers.

kaskade

Loved it. I don't think it was the best episode of the season but it tied everything up perfectly. I'm going to miss the show.

So Walt orchestrated all that, but he ended up getting killed by essentially a stray bullet/ deflection? I'm guessing he was banking on manipulating Jesse into killing him if he wasn't hit by the machine gun.

What was Walt's plan if he didn't get hit by the stray bullet and Jesse still wouldn't shoot him? Just off himself?
Its a show man don't over analyze it will go as writer writes it

bcl0328

One little nag, can't Lydia just go to the hospital now and tell them she has ricin poisoning? he shouldn't have told her anything

i have no clue about ricin but if it's like rabies once the symptoms set in there is nothing you can do and it's 100% death.

Thorakai

Damn I hate how the creators are commenting on the ending like this. I feel like there is some merit to saying Jesse killed himself afterwards but they are pushing they thirst for life thing a lot.

RangersFan

2hfiMj2.png

YES! Now it's just Todd left.

straungle him

STRANGLE THAT MOTHERFUCKER

YES JESSE!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Jessie !

Yessssssssssss

FUCK YEA JESSIE

Omg yes this is fucking awesome

JESSSSSE <3333

JUSTICE BITCH!

YES!!!!! TODD DIES!!!! BITCHES!!!!!

Fuck yes!

Leia choking out Jabba.

I knew Jesse would get to kill Todd.

GET THAT FUXKER TODD JESSE

Jesse....bittttcccccccchhhhh

good bye Todd, my love.

FUCK YES JESSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet revenge!!

DIE YOU SOULLESS NAZI FUCK!

YEAH KILL HIM JESSE YEAH YES YEAH YEAH YEAHH OHHHH YEAHHH
KILL JACK WALT KILL THAT FUCK YEAHHHH

FUCK YEAH JESSE GET HIMMMMMMMMMM

Nothing Personal BITCH

Jesse's Revengance!

Good for you jesse

Jack_AG

Banned
The final season was amazing, overall. While the finale tied up loose ends I felt it was the weakest episode this season I still found it a fitting end to the series.

Good God, that was glorious. Hit all the right notes, wrapped up the loose ends and was emotionally cathartic. I don't I've ever fist-pumped so much in a single hour.

Amazing.

Mononoke

Banned
Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Every thing was tied up so well, and I loved that Walt came to accept he was a terrible person, and did the things he did - because he enjoyed it. I also loved that Walt gave Jesse the opportunity to kill him (he knew he was going to die anyways) - and even then, Jesse wouldn't do it out of hate or revenge, he would only do it if Walt was really asking for it. But then Jesse decides that if Walt wants to die, he should do it himself and chooses to walk away from Walt.

Their exchange at the end was perfect IMO. I don't get the complaints. Jesse learned to take control of his own life, and get out of the grip of Walt. And I even think there was a look in their eyes, that showed they did both care about each other. It's why Jesse was so torn at the end when looking at Walt for the last time. He both loved him, and hated him. Loved it. Walt dying in the lab, was the perfect way to end it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
A little meh. Not bad, but it definitely felt like a weird downgrade with "villains". Like the neo-nazis being the "final boss" and not really Walt himself or something.

If Gus could've been his last adversary somehow, it would've been a lot better.

He was a bad bad man. He said it himself. No bad deed goes unpunished. Jesse was like the only good one there.

I know he was bad man but I would of been more satisfy if everyone he cared about was kill, and him the only one left alive, suffering because of the choices he made.

God I really wanted this ending to enter the The Shield/Six Feet Under Tier

So do you think Walt's family will actually get the money?

He gave the Schwartzes... motivation, but you can't just make millions in cash appear out of thin air in a legitimate business, and I think Skyler at this point would immediately smell something up with a gift like that out of nowhere.

Globox_82

Banned
End song was so out of place, I really didn't like it.

I didn't like that there was no "moment" between Jesse and Walt, they just look at each other like two idiots. In all of last 8 episodes Jesse had very little presence. Shame.
If they had a moment where they said a couple of sentences to each other, it would be much better. Instead I get a prequel to NFS where Jesse drives like a race driver.

Ok ending like I said. In a few hr when hype goes down, most of you will agree.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I loved the show's finale. It had its many great elements, minor surprises, and great cinematography that made Walter into Solid Snake. But I was hoping that the final scene would be shot in daylight. Day time, for some odd reason in my mind, feels like a better way for a last shot to pan out.

Top Bottom