• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

sappyday

Didn't Gilligan say the episode would be diverse?

Maybe a lot of you wanted Walt to get what he deserved and as a long time #TeamWaltIsDespicable I really thought the ending was fitting.

Or maybe I'm just glad Jesse rode off into the night in peace.

Beelzebub

My favorite series of all time, can't believe the time that's gone by watching it and it's finally over. Randomly flipping it on AMC and oddly being engrossed by tighty whitey Walter White was worth it! Truly satisfying ending. Will anything ever be as good again?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
^Don't spoil the end of other tv shows.

Notice how people are getting recommended different shows to start watching? Not everyone has watched X tv show you can be a bitch and spoil.

Not everyone has started BrBa yet for that matter so don't go to other threads with it either.

Ataraxia

Vince Gilligan just related a cut scene from the finale that would have been quite cool to watch. Shame they couldn't fit it in.

They honestly could do another half season without Walt. What will happen to Brock? Will Jesse rebound and maybe adopt him? Will Jesse ever forgive Walt or try to make peace with Skyler? Will Skyler be prosecuted? Will Elliot give Walt's kids their money? I'd much rather get the answers to these than a Saul spinoff.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I am in the same boat as while I liked this episode, it somewhat pales in comparison to the rest of the episodes of this season.

I will need to rewatch it without the commercials. I swear half the viewing time was dedicated to commercials. It really broke the flow of the finale.

Yeah, commercials fuck things up.

Mononoke

Banned
Heh, I read reviews and summaries, and it seems that people are mad because Dexter pretty much won. Everything went perfectly for him. Breaking Bad ended exactly the same - sure the main character is dead, but everything went about according to his plans. Skyler is safe, his family will have money, the brotherhood is dead, Lydia is dead... No more blue meth... Everything was perfect.

Dexter sucked, because the writers insisted on making Dexter a hero, when he wasn't. Yes, him "winning" (if you want to call it that) - was apart of the problem. But the bigger problem with the ending, was that it didn't make any logical sense.

Dexter's actions made zero sense. Whereas Walt's actions made perfect sense.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Some of you seem to get real hard-ones at the idea of correctly predicting the events of this show.

Also, does anyone think there was any deeper meaning to Jesse being Jesus the carpenter?

They honestly could do another half season without Walt. What will happen to Brock? Will Jesse rebound and maybe adopt him? Will Jesse ever forgive Walt or try to make peace with Skyler? Will Skyler be prosecuted? Will Elliot give Walt's kids their money? I'd much rather get the answers to these than a Saul spinoff.
That's y u gotta watch Need for Speed. To see jesse on the run

Red Comet

For the love of God
Jack-dying-in-the-lost-finale.jpg

Haha that was my thought as well while I was watching it. Here was my post:

Where's Vincent?

Dash27

Great ending.

For me the scene with Skyler was the best part. Finally admiting to himself and her that it was about him. He enjoyed it. Really well done.

Offered his precious money by Jack... boom. Money is worthless now.

Finally, at the very end, seeing what has become of Jesse and saving him.

Jesse Slave Leia chokes his personal Jabba. Very satisfying death.

Lydia stone cold, satisfying farewell to her.

Even a Skinny Pete and Badger scene. What more can you ask?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I quit watching the Wire somewhere around the end of Season 4 or something or beginning of S5. It fell off hard

Whaaaaat. The entire 4th season of The Wire is just amazingly good.

KarmaCow

Some of you seem to get real hard-ones at the idea of correctly predicting the events of this show.

Also, does anyone think there was any deeper meaning to Jesse being Jesus the carpenter?

I thought it was that Jesse had nothing left except the methodical nature of making meth to keep him sane. He enjoyed actually working hard on that box from highschool.

I quit watching the Wire somewhere around the end of Season 4 or something or beginning of S5. It fell off hard
Let's not turn this into a wire omg best show ever thread (hyperbole IMO) but I gave up after season 3 a few EPs in. Wasn't feeling it. Season 1 was ok but that bore fest season 2 I couldn't get over it once season 3 started.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Great ending.

For me the scene with Skyler was the best part. Finally admiting to himself and her that it was about him. He enjoyed it. Really well done.

Offered his precious money by Jack... boom. Money is worthless now.

Finally, at the very end, seeing what has become of Jesse and saving him.

Jesse Slave Leia chokes his personal Jabba. Very satisfying death.

Lydia stone cold, satisfying farewell to her.

Even a Skinny Pete and Badger scene. What more can you ask?
Huell.

Unless Jesse kidnaps Brock, there's no way he'd end up raising him. Brock is probably with grandma.

My favorite moment of the episode was Walt admitting he did it for himself. Walter went out somewhat happy, but he got what he deserved. His family didn't deserve hell for him. It was kind of a safe finale, but it worked.

katkombat

Banned
So I cried.

What a fucking fantastic ending to a fucking fantastic show.

Jesus. Nothing, NO type of media has made me feel like this. I teared up so bad... I love you guys at AMC and all of the actors and Vince Gilligan. All of you. Thank you so much for this fantastic ride.... I love you guys.

Mononoke

Banned
1. Breaking Bad
2. The Wire
3. The Sopranos
4. The Shield

Are my top shows. The Wire is technically a better written show. But I enjoyed the entire story of Breaking Bad more.

You have shows like lost which was great and ending was like wtf and then you have sopranos where the ending was a cliffhanger wtf and then you have a show like breaking bad which just wanted to put closure on everything. And it did and thats why its good. the finale was not about villians or Lydia or Schwartzs it was about Walt taking care of business and redeeming himself knowing he will likely not get out of this alive . Other shows involve final bosses. The final boss of this finale was the Walt himself . He undid everything he could that he created. No one will cook blue meth again no one will distribute it . He said his proper good bye to skyler and baby and jr will get his good bye with the money. Everything was walts mission to remove everything he created and him letting Jesse finally having the choice of what he wanted to do was all that Jesse ever wanted and he got it .

Ecotic

The finale was definitely 'muted', but I guess it had to be that way. It was the bleak, dreary ending, the end of a long decline.

Only part I really disliked was the song at the end, just sounded tonally wrong, out of place. Loved the scene with Elliott and Gretchen, loved how Walt changed his mind with Jesse when he saw him. Loved when Jesse strangled Todd.

params7

Banned
I know we're at a BB high right now. But Deadwood, Rome, The Wire >> BB. Even though two of those shows were abruptly canceled due to lack of funding.

BB is one of the greatest though. I'd rate its finale better than Lost's.

Phatmac

I'll never understand people being disappointed that they predicted what was going to happen in the end. It's not about what happens, it's about the execution. Walt finally admitting he did it all for himself instead of his family is one of my favorite moments. It's not the best episode but it is a damn good episode. Endings are very difficult to pull off and the fact that most of us on here we're fine with it is incredibly difficult. I loved it all and I'll miss it so much. #GoodbyeBreakingBad

Top Bottom