• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Spinluck

Amazing episode and superb finale. Ozymandias is still king of this season though.

I really wish Walt and Jesse exchanged more words at the end. I felt that they were actually building up to that scene ever since the Todd and his peeps kidnapped Jesse.

But I figured after Walt completely fucked over Jesse and told him he let Jane die. Jesse was a about done with him. Regardless I will miss this series, definitely one of the best shows I've ever watched.

amnesiac

Anyone else buying the fuck out of the bluray series?

41L-c7lbLRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think in the end Breaking Bad ends up being my favourite series of all time, although objectively I'd still put it behind Deadwood and probably The Wire. I only really know Breaking Bad and Deadwood are my top two though.

Love all 3, not sure I can choose a #1. I want to rewatch all of them though.

Yeah I dunno. I'm not wanting for more since everything was tied up but it just felt lacking in something for me

Didn't have me as tense as previous episodes

It was too condensed to really let the tension draw out. Unfortunately, there are too many events that had to occur to reach its final destination, and it's difficult to pack that into some 52-53 minutes. From an event standpoint, I'm quite pleased with everything that occurred.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
That last scene with Skyler and Walt was golden. Loved it. The GPS leverage was a great touch.

kuppy

In the end Walt got to:

-watch Gretchen & Eliot stack his millions
-See Holly one last time
-Ensure Flynn and the family will be well off financially.
-Give closure to the family for Hank
-End things on the best possible terms with Skyler
-Defeat Lydia
-Shoot Jack in the face
-Free Jesee
-Share one last moment with Jesse
-Die on his Throne

He definitely salvaged one last victory out of the wreckage.
Well said

Manus

Really liked the finale, but I still think season 3 and 4 is the best of Breaking Bad. I miss Gus and Mike.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone else buying the fuck out of the bluray series?

41L-c7lbLRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thinking about it, the cheapo in me kind of wants to wait for the MSRP to drop, and I'm planning on getting an xbone around the same time.

They're throwing in a free tshirt on the breaking bad store. Awfully tempting.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Given the fact that his cancer is back, he basically won: he dies on his own terms, with a smile on his face; he had his vengeance, and he knows that his money will probably finds its way to his family. Breaking Bad is a very systematic show, and as such, each loose end has to be tied up - but this perfect closure pretty much means Heisenberg wins on all counts. I think the ending would have been more powerful if everything Walt did had, indeed, been for nothing.

Yeah but he's dead and his family is in shambles. He didn't get what he really wanted. Which was to retire from cooking, keep the money and hope everything blows over.

harSon

Banned
It was merely "good" IMO.
I was hoping for something a bit more morbid. I guess I didn't like the fact that Walt basically ends the show on top. Yes, he died, but he was going to die anyways and instead of dying slowly and horribly at the hands of Cancer, he went out on his own terms. He also secures his family's future, avenges his brother in law's death, saves Jessie, redeems himself in the eyes of Skylar and basically goes down like a motherfucking boss, securing his legacy in the eyes of the public. I guess it all tied up a little too nicely for my liking, and was a bit too pulpy in the process, but then again, I suppose that's consistent with the overall tone of the show. I know that it doesn't always end up bad for the villain, but history has been pretty consistent with the end game for drug kingpins not being pretty. I should have seen this ending coming considering how protective of Breaking Bad's characters the filmmakers have been, but I was hoping for a little more balls for the ending, and a final act that wasn't so tidy and predictable. Regardless, the show as a whole is definitely top 10 of all time.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
How come Bryan Cranston isn't on Talking Bad? Is he on another talk show tonight?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Love all 3, not sure I can choose a #1. I want to rewatch all of them though.

I think the biggest difference maker for me was the fact that Breaking Bad is the only one of those shows I watched while it aired. Being there during its meteoric rise was really fun to experience, and these GAF threads were awesome.

Sudden black is a cop out . This was not a cop out it ended everything in sync and with near perfection. Just like the blue meth

The mechanic wasn't a slam dunk, but the ambiguous ending was a perfect way to wrap up the show.

It was daring in a way that this finale wasn't. This was safe. Totally safe.

Maxim726X

Sorpanos finale is way better.

I legitimately don't understand how anyone can have this opinion.

What more could someone want? Walt came to terms with what he had done, and what his motivations were... He saw everyone he wanted to see one last time, took out everyone he wanted to in the process, dies where he was happiest.

Perfect.

aFIGurANT

I predict a less than A- for the AV Club...and I'd have to agree with them if I'm being honest with myself. They played it safe but a little too much so, imo. I just wish more of it came down to more than the neo-Nazis not caring to check the trunk, honestly. But that's nitpicking a bit more than I should be, this isn't some super tight show, it's been a great ride this season. Thanks for the series, Vince and co.

Top Bottom