• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

inm8num2

Not really. It's not that hard to make a tiny incision on the packet, dispose the contents and add tiny powdery stuff back in and seal it. A real plot hole would be Lydia drinking the coffee/whatever the fuck she drinks till the last sip and not realizing that it tasted funny.

But then, Walt probably did mix some stevia with ricin to not raise any suspicion.

Does the winkie really not give away the fact that comment also is tongue in cheek?

I DO NOT THINK THAT IS A PLOT HOLE, PEOPLE. That is called a joke. Apparently it's not a very good or obvious one. :)

Content Roundup - Episode 8 - Felina

DltSXCz.jpg

Videos
Reviews
Other

Speevy

Banned
I think Breaking Bad, on the other hand, was well-positioned to really pull off something challenging and exceptional, quite similar to The Sopranos.

Yes, I really wanted the screen to go black so I could speculate as to whether Jesse escaped his restraints. How satisfying.

A lot of shows with bad endings, most notably Lost and BSG, were inevitably going to have bad endings because they borked so much shit long before the end was even in sight. When you completely screw up the approach, you're almost certainly going to crash during the landing.

I think Breaking Bad, on the other hand, was well-positioned to really pull off something challenging and exceptional, quite similar to The Sopranos. But I think Vince held himself back quite a bit.

Again, not necessarily a bad thing. Just a bit disappointing.

yeah this how I feel. I didn't like The Sopranos ending but I could respect how much ball it took to do this type of ending

Rewatching the scene at the coffee shop to see where Walt slips in the ricin/Stevia packet.
It was already there. Lydia shows up and gets helped by the server and then once we see a wider shot we can see that Walt was already there waiting. He placed that single Stevia packet in that basket. IIRC every other time she went to that coffee shop, Lydia had to request Stevia.

maharg

idspispopd
It was already there. Lydia shows up and gets helped by the server and then once we see a wider shot we can see that Walt was already there waiting. He placed that single Stevia packet in that basket. IIRC every other time she went to that coffee shop, Lydia had to request Stevia.

I think the only problem with this plot point is that I feel really certain she didn't always sit at the same table. I remember her sitting by the window mostly, actually.

FootballFan

That finale was excellent.

There's so many things that would have made people hate this, and they did none of them.

Yeah I agree.

- He got back at Gretchen, she will be shitting her pants forever lol.
- Told Skyler what happened to Hank and Gomie(which will help her legally and help her understand).
- Walt Jr gets the money in the end.
- Jesse was free and happy again.
- Todd and the Nazi's got what they deserved.
- Lydia got outplayed.
- Walt died, in an awesome way too(imo).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
same feeling that I had with LOST, which didn't have the best ending of course, but same empty feeling because no show other show had me that hooked.

What should be my next show GAF?

I here that Board Walk Empire and Justified are very good

Justified, man. Do it.

Mononoke

Banned
I think the only problem with this plot point is that I feel really certain she didn't always sit at the same table. I remember her sitting by the window mostly, actually.

So..did you like the finale overall? Sorry if I missed your post. Did Walt going out on top mentally (and from a tone perspective) bug you?

One more scene where I cried was when Jesse screamed in happiness. It wasn't just freedom. Remember when Jesse was all down and depressed? Walt gave him his freedom and his happiness back

Ripclawe

Banned
Originally Posted by inm8num2

My comment about plot holes was tongue in cheek. I simply had to rewatch to see if there were any other subtle details I missed.

As for inserting the ricin into the packet, now THAT'S a plot hole. ;)

ricin in a tiny needle syringe, poke it, let it dry up a bit and you are good to go. I know Walt probably just brought a box of the stuff and planned it in advance.. not that I know that will work..but.. uh.. WINKY FACE!

Prompto

Banned
What an immensely satisfying ending. I actually teared up a bit at Walt and Skylers conversation and the ending. I'm gonna miss this show so much.

L00P

Felt like I was gonna regurgitate my own intestines after watching it. I always felt like that whenever shows that I like is ending

Man what a ride. I'll probably watch the whole series again later, though I already went through it more than a couple times already.

He probably poisoned every packet in the restaurant because Lydia is the only one that uses it.

inm8num2

Yes, yes.

I was just thinking out loud as I was skipping through the episode again.

The only detail I didn't realize is that the table never had Stevia. I thought that Lydia was just a fiend and always wanted even more than the table has. In fact I feel like I remember her using Stevia THEN asking for more on previous occasions, but that could just be hazy memory.

DiddyBop

Why are ppl focusing on the rosin packet? Walt is clearly portrayed as being very intelligent. He had at least a day/few hours to figure it how to open a packet of stevia and replace the contents. It's not something the show needed to waste time on. It's assumed we're smart enough to know Walt specializes in these kinda things.

He can make bombs, and improvised gun turrets among other things. Getting some ricin in a sealed packet is the least of his worries

Mononoke

Banned
Yes, yes.

I was just thinking out loud as I was skipping through the episode again.

The only detail I didn't realize is that the table never had Stevia. I thought that Lydia was just a fiend and always wanted even more than the table has. In fact I feel like I remember her using Stevia THEN asking for more on previous occasions, but that could just be hazy memory.

I know how Walt did it, I just didn't realize that Walt must have removed all the other Stevia packs and left just that one. But yeah, it makes sense.

inm8num2

ricin in a tiny needle syringe, poke it, let it dry up a bit and you are good to go. I know Walt probably just brought a box of the stuff and planned it in advance.. not that I know that will work..but.. uh.. WINKY FACE!

I think I'm going to have to do this all night!

Does the winkie really not give away the fact that comment also is tongue in cheek?

I DO NOT THINK THAT IS A PLOT HOLE, PEOPLE. That is called a joke. Apparently it's not a very good or obvious one. :)

That is the brilliance of the show. We don't need to see the detail of Walt putting the ricin in the packet. We know he is smart and clever enough to do it. Now if it was Walt using sleight of hand, that'd be another matter, but this isn't Dexter.

C4Lukins

On page 20 now of this thread. I have to say I feel a bit sad for those who were typing reactions to every moment of the show, not even waiting for commercial breaks.

I loved the ending.

I think Walt's already lost so much, he didn't really need to do anything more than die. That Jr gets set for life is a nice result since Jr's the one morally clean person on the show.

BadHand

Todd is a very simple minded fellow... "...uhh, mr white?".

any normal nazi would have just scramble for the nearest gun.

Saying that, this was a perfect ending. I hated Jesse but so glad he survives, I imagine he takes care of Brock.

The episode was very very good. The ending with Jesse very well done. Excellent ending. The only thing I wish was that they showed some of the follow up and news stories, as some other posters have said. Oh well. "A" grade show easily, and one everyone should own, watch, and consider.

Sad to see him go, and yet happy he is dead.

Edit: Oh, and that sniper sight moment. My god.

inm8num2

I know how Walt did it, I just didn't realize that Walt must have removed all the other Stevia packs and left just that one. But yeah, it makes sense.

That's really the question I was asking - did Walt remove other packets, or were there never any to begin with?

I thought the former, others say the latter.

It's such a trivial detail, but goddammit it matters. I love this show. There is literally nothing else I can ponder because this finale just wrapped everything up perfectly and in such a satisfying manner.

The only other thing it missed was a final shot of Huell's decomposed corpse in that hideaway.

reKon

Banned
Damn, looks like I'm going to renew Amazon Prime in November...

Suits is another show I've been hearing a lot about that I was considering checking. I just saw that:

Suits, Justified, the Shield, all free streaming for Amazon Prime members

Sad thing is Jesse is probably gonna go back being a loser smoking pot and listening to Badger and Skinny Pete talk about Star Trek fanfic for the rest of his life.

Top Bottom