• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

gnrmjd

What do you guys think happens to Jesse now?

In a weird way I almost think these events will be good for him. Like his life got destroyed but I think in the long run he will end up with a successful life which he probably would never have had before. I mean he definitely got scared straight and then some.

I think that he will honestly get his life together now, get a real job (woodworking) and have a family at some point. You can bet that he's never cooking or doing meth again. I know that he was back on it just earlier this season, but I almost feel like this Nazi meth slave stuff gave him the punishment he always felt he deserved and absolved him of his guilt that was leading to him going back on the drugs and destroying his life again. I think he can actually get through this, despite the horror of what happened to Andrea.

Damn, looks like I'm going to renew Amazon Prime in November...

Suits is another show I've been hearing a lot about that I was considering checking. I just saw that:

Suits, Justified, the Shield, all free streaming for Amazon Prime members

Suits is good but not as good as this. Shield is very comparable to bb as they both get better . But justified is what you should watch next

IceCold

I wonder what's the alternate ending. The bluray collection says the footage is 3 min long so it has to be something from the very end of the finale. I think Jessie kills Walt.

inm8num2

tumblr_mixwec1Rqu1ra4ssmo1_500.gif

isIDkb8q6kESB.gif

Needs to be done.

need-for-speed-movie-2014-trailer-aaron-paul.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Jesse Pinkman is wanted by the police.

Lydia even reminded viewers of this fact in the last episode.

He probably made it a mile down the road before being put in another cell.

it was really weird. before the show, i was watching that aziz ansari / jesse eisenberg movie where they rob a bank, and the climax to that movie the same laser pointer trick.

Damn, looks like I'm going to renew Amazon Prime in November...

Suits is another show I've been hearing a lot about that I was considering checking. I just saw that:

Suits, Justified, the Shield, all free streaming for Amazon Prime members

eh Suits is decent but I really don't the writer for that show that much. The best part about it is the character though.

Are we sure Jesse is wanted by the police. For all Marie knows he died with Hank and Gomez. And his confession is gone, so he's pretty much free to do what he wants. Whether he has a happy life is another question, but honestly I think it's great they didnt flashforward and show him older and how everyone reacted.

inm8num2

you know... there was a guard on that door. sooner or later he got a call saying Hank and Gomez are dead, and revealed Huell.

You are so right. And here I am thinking that the writers of the show intended the viewers to think Huell was locked in that home forever. Because that absolutely hasn't been a running gag among the fan base for a few weeks...

And while they did tie up loose ends, I think we have forgotten how badly loose ends could have been tied up. They didn't do some Harry Potter flashforward crap. We didn't see how the world and all the characters reacted to Heisenberg's death. Jesse's future is unclear. We don't know if Elliot or Gretchen actually gives the money away. For all we know they inform the police and his children get nothing.

Jesse Pinkman is wanted by the police.

Lydia even reminded viewers of this fact in the last episode.

He probably made it a mile down the road before being put in another cell.

That's why they added the wookworking flash foward. You already knew he turned out OK before that scene even happened. You know he didn't get caught by the cops.

FootballFan

You know Walt didn't have to put the ricin into the sachet inside the restaurant...

He could take a sachet, go to his car, put the ricin in, go back inside and put it back(removing all the other ones).

I have had a few problems with this final season but that definitely isn't one of them.

edit
Oh you guys are joking lol.

jtb

Banned
Very satisfying finale. disappointing that Walt gets a mini-redemption of sorts, but eh, that's the path Gilligan wanted to go down, so be it. Best episode of an underwhelming season, without question.

reKon

Banned
eh Suits is decent but I really don't the writer for that show that much. The best part about it is the character though.

Someone told me that Suits is like House except with Lawyers..

I would watch this if it's the case, while trying to manage my expectations because I believe that House was one of the greatest TV characters ever conceived.

If the characters are strong, I'll probably watch the watch the show and I don't want to put up with bullshit like Dexter where the only two interesting protagonist were Deb and Dexter... God I'm still pissed that I wasted my time with that show. It wasn't all bad, but I would say that only half the time it was truly enjoyable for me.

That's why they added the wookworking flash foward. You already knew he turned out OK before that scene even happened. You know he didn't get caught by the cops.

that wasn't a flash forward. that was jesse's reality being a slave. in fact there's probably an argument to be made that it was what's best for him, if he could continue to live in that delusion. but free will is something walt wanted to give to jesse, so he could make his own choice.

Someone told me that Suits is like House except with Lawyers..

I would watch this if it's the case, while trying to manage my expectations because I believe that House was one of the greatest TV characters ever conceived.

If the characters are strong, I'll probably watch the watch the show and I don't want to put up with bullshit like Dexter where the only two interesting protagonist were Deb and Dexter... God I'm still pissed that I wasted my time with that show. It wasn't all bad, but I would say that only half the time it was truly enjoyable for me.
Suits is great fun. It was never as good as House was in its prime (like first 3 seasons) where it was arguably one of the better shows on television. But suits is consistently a good time. Don't expect top tier shit just expect entertainment.

Hmm, I'm slowly coming to move towards BertramCooper's view of the episode. I think it's mainly because this didn't fit the pattern of previous seasons. The last two episodes really were epilogue, when I almost wanted to be smacked around some more. So by itself, the finale doesn't really inspire additional discussion beyond the show as a whole. In the long run, though, it doesn't matter--the show is just amazing. An all-time classic.

Mononoke

Banned
Very satisfying finale. disappointing that Walt gets a mini-redemption of sorts, but eh, that's the path Gilligan wanted to go down, so be it. Best episode of an underwhelming season, without question.

I'm curious. What redemption do you guys think he got? I agree the ending was tonally celebratory for Walt. Walt mentally went out on top etc. But what did Walt do, that really gave him redemption?

As far as I'm concerned, Walt finally accepted he was an evil bastard, that got his rocks off doing terrible shit. He embraced it, and went out dying this way. But is that really redemption? It's not like Walt set out there to save Jesse's life. That was just an on the Whim decision he made, when he saw Jesse, and felt bad for him.

Popparoks

Todd had the worst ringtone in the world. Fuckin creeper. Glad he got what he deserved.

Satisfying ending!

There is still one plot hole though....

Is Huell still waiting in the House?

Top Bottom