• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Flame_AC

Spoiled Milk
backslashbunny - Vanilla Town
Poltergust
*Splinter
Flame_AC - Vanilla Town
zeemumu
Kawl_USC
Fireblend
Ouro - Miller

3/9 already.

Fireblend

Banned
It *might* be a good idea to mass claim, but I don't see that changing my vote today unless the remaining scum screwed up enormously. Feels like a bit of a desperate move from my perspective since I'm confident about my reads and one of Polter, Zee or maybe Splinter being scum.

Ourobolus

Banned
It *might* be a good idea to mass claim, but I don't see that changing my vote today unless the remaining scum screwed up enormously. Feels like a bit of a desperate move from my perspective since I'm confident about my reads and one of Polter, Zee or maybe Splinter being scum.

I'm trying to think of my top 3. Definitely Polter. Zee has been super weird today, so I'll toss them on the pile too. The last one...I don't know, maybe Kawl or Splinter.

And a little part of me still thinks Gorlak's thunderdome may have been a gambit. It's not likely, but...anyway. Flame would only be my vote if it was Lylo and all of the above are dead already.

zeemumu

I'm trying to think of my top 3. Definitely Polter. Zee has been super weird today, so I'll toss them on the pile too. The last one...I don't know, maybe Kawl or Splinter.

And a little part of me still thinks Gorlak's thunderdome may have been a gambit. It's not likely, but...anyway. Flame would only be my vote if it was Lylo and all of the above are dead already.

This is why I don't talk. It will eventually amount to gibberish

Fireblend

Banned

I mean, Kalor did not claim to have checked Flame. I don't see them doing the scum vs. scum gambit, but there's definitely some coal you could throw into that fire :p

Ourobolus

Banned
This is why I don't talk. It will eventually amount to gibberish

Please, I've said plenty of gibberish in here.

I mean, Kalor did not claim to have checked Flame. I don't see them doing the scum vs. scum gambit, but there's definitely some coal you could throw into that fire :p

Yeah, it's a total long shot, it's just something I've got in the back of my mind if it ever comes down to it.

Flame_AC

It'd be a crazy game in which Kawl, zeemumu, Splinter, and Poltergust are all dead and the game isn't over. ;)

Above post is for backslashbunny wondering where Fireblend's vote was.

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm, the order in which we should have people claim is an interesting thought.

I'd probably have Splinter and Spoiled go first in an attempt to learn more about who I consider to be blind spots and since I already have high suspicions of Polter and Zee. That leaves me and Kawl, and maybe I'm wrong about him, but despite everyone else's reservations I think he's mostly said things I agree with. I specially feel good about the way he reacted to Gorlak's claim, but that was some days ago and maybe I'm putting too much stock on that.

Anyone think it's a good idea to have everyone say who they'd like to claim first, or is that pretty much another way of asking for a reads list?

Also, still waiting for Spoiled and Kawl to check in. I'm guessing one of those two is going to be the neutral?

Flame_AC

Hmm, the order in which we should have people claim is an interesting thought.

I'd probably have Splinter and Spoiled go first in an attempt to learn more about who I consider to be blind spots and since I already have high suspicions of Polter and Zee. That leaves me and Kawl, and maybe I'm wrong about him, but despite everyone else's reservations I think he's mostly said things I agree with. I specially feel good about the way he reacted to Gorlak's claim, but that was some days ago and maybe I'm putting too much stock on that.

Anyone think it's a good idea to have everyone say who they'd like to claim first, or is that pretty much another way of asking for a reads list?

Also, still waiting for Spoiled and Kawl to check in. I'm guessing one of those two is going to be the neutral?

I was thinking more along the lines of having the scummiest people left claim first so they don't have as much information to claim against. Like, if everyone else here claims vanilla townie, or a tracker or something, then they'd know not to claim one of those, y'know?

Well. Zeemumu denied being the neutral already, so that narrows it down to 5 possible people. You, Splinter, and Poltergust all acknowledge the benefit the neutral has in coming out so it's not any of you three bringing the possibilities down to Spoiled Milk and Kawl. I bet I know which of those two it is, but let's see the claim I suppose.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh yeah, I understand the logic. It's just that I don't need more evidence against Poltergust or Zeemumu, so having my "blind spots" claim first before those two would preempt my being wrong about Polter and Zee :p

Kawl_USC

Sorry. Had softball playoffs tonight right after work. Out with the team now.

Have managed to peruse the thread quickly. I think that a straight up claim of neutral or not might be more beneficial than a full claim ATM. If the neutral doesn't claim before lylo it opens the door for a scum fake claim in which it goes to a 50/50. I think having everyone post whether or not they are the neutral with the understanding that if you ever double back on a claim of not neutral you get immediately lynched is the best play. I think we might have a soft/weak investigative role still in play and giving them more time to work is the better play rather than forcing their hand now.

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Poltergust (2)
Ourobolus 1583
Fireblend 1584

No active vote for Day 6: *Splinter, backslashbunny, Flame_AC, Kawl_USC, Poltergust, Spoiled Milk, zeemumu

Day 6 Postcount: *Splinter 6, backslashbunny 8, Fireblend 26, Flame_AC 12, Kawl_USC 1, Ourobolus 17, Poltergust 7, Spoiled Milk 0, zeemumu 20

Day 6 ends:
ora_1498251600.png

Automated vote tally here

5 votes for majority

Flame_AC

So I went back to read all the posts by Kalor and Gorlak.

From what I got here is that he doesn't seem to vote for scum, and TBH since zeemumu was the D1 pick I actually feel like zeemumu probably isn't scum.

Zeemumu is also mentioned as scum here. Chances of two scum turning on one quiet scum? Doubtful. Wants to policylynch nin who turned out to be town. Thinks zipped is suspicious, zipped is town too.

I was on the fence about zeemumu originally... one of my first posts is that I thought he felt like maybe scum, but TBH looking back on how both scum flipped so far have been towards him... yeah I don't know.

I also see a pattern in that neither scum has been particularly hostile towards each other but *very* suspicious of town people (the dead ones that are proven town), which makes me go back and look at all the names that they've listed that have stood out to me.

Interesting speculation on Gorlak/Kalor throwing shade at zeemumu. You say that because they had consistently been attacking other town targets, that zeemumu most likely is as well, however I think it is entirely possible that scum decided to include zeemumu in all of their suspicion/read lists. (Did this push start after Night 1 when scum had a chance to finally communicate?) It's similar to the earlier argument about scum votestacking on me I think. Scum can't/shouldn't just put like 3/4 town members on their scum lists and call it a day by prodding/attacking them. Instead these members of the scum team should at least be attacking/interacting/mentioning one of their teammates so that, when one of them inevitably flips the actual scum member in the list might be able to skate by, otherwise we'd just get a big ol' list of townies. So while I do think it is possible zeemumu is town, their consistent presence in the scum suspicion list actually makes me lean further on the scum side for them. I hadn't noticed the subtle push by Gorlak/Kalor that zeemumu was scummy, so good find.

*Splinter

I think having everyone post whether or not they are the neutral with the understanding that if you ever double back on a claim of not neutral you get immediately lynched is the best play.
The rest of the suggestion is fine but this part makes no sense. We know a neutral exists and we know it's in our best interest not to lynch them. If everyone claims not neutral but someone comes forward later that doesn't change either of those points.

As long as the neutral claims before lylo I'm not worried about them. If they claim during lylo then they (and we) will possibly have a 50/50 chance of losing (assuming a counterclaim), so it's in there own interest to claim before then.

Why zeemumu over Polter?
Because his first post of the day:

I'm assuming Kalor left mine off because he wanted a confirmed town kill since he was kinda screwed either way and his role would back him up regardless of whether or not he was town. More suspicious to leave it ambiguous after several non-ambiguous answers. Actually kinda clever.

Was 100% to distance himself from Kalor. My gut says something's fishy. But I feel more strongly about this Poltergust post:

Oh, and with how close the vote count turned out to be, too.

So with the remaining players, I'd rank scumminess like so:

Spoiled Milk >> backslashbunny >= *Splinter

Since day one, Kalor, CCS (I know he was neutral) and Poltergust have been trying to shift attention to me. We're down to one scum probably so it would make sense for Polter to try it again.

I don't like that Kawl's tried to be everyone's friend. That's bugged me this whole this. It's manipulative.

Are you manipulating me, Kawl? With that gorgeous smile?

Fireblend

Banned
Spoiled, are you going to deny being the neutral too? Do you agree that they should come forward to improve their odds of surviving to the end (and ours of winning)?

Spoiled, are you going to deny being the neutral too? Do you agree that they should come forward to improve their odds of surviving to the end (and ours of winning)?
Neutral coming out right now would guarantee his or her win if everyone agreed to leave them alone.

But neutral doesn't want to be forced to take sides, so he or she won't.

Neutral coming out right now would guarantee his or her win if everyone agreed to leave them alone.

It's not so much forcing them as it is that our goal as town and their goal to survive just so happen to coincide with each other now that we are very likely down to one scum.

Ourobolus

Banned

This doesn't make sense. Town has the majority of votes, and we know LyLo is a way off since we already got two scum. Neutral just wants to win, they should go whichever way the wind blows in their favor, and right now it is clearly through winning with Town.

zeemumu

Because his first post of the day:

Was 100% to distance himself from Kalor. My gut says something's fishy. But I feel more strongly about this Poltergust post:

It was more because it was on my mind the entire time since he never revealed his findings for mine or ouro. I found it curious.

Kawl_USC

Bunny am I misreading your posts or are you making all our arguments and statements in your posts about flame voters with the assumption that there are still 2 scum left?

4 scum/2 neutral/11 town if that is the case. Survivor third parties id weight as half scum. So looking at something like 5 scum for a 17 player game. That seems bonkers.

Same as yesterday I still think polt is scummy as hell. I do find it interesting that he goes full in on the thunderdome scum vote wagon theory for today and pushes spoiled milk and bunny instead of going after zeemumu. In fact in 1614 he actually defends zeemumu based on the kalor claim. Does the final scum with their back against the wall defend the other player who is looking like a possible target? I'd say usually not. But scum!polter would be in over his head at this point. He's in the line of fire he needs not just one mislynch but a verifiable marathon of them. Is he just playing the long game, defending zeemumu hoping he still gets lynched today any how and then use the credibility of not pushing that lynch to slink on?

Thoughts?

Fireblend

Banned
I agree that Polter is the most scummiest-looking player, but that sounds very WIFOM-ish. If he went after Zee you could argue that's to be expected from a scum player. I just don't find who he's defending or going against to be alignment indicative, specially when both Spoiled Milk and BSB (to a lesser degree) are players we can't be sure about.

As far as I'm concerned we should be focusing on other people on the off-chance that Polter turns out not to be scum (which I find unlikely), but I do agree that he's who we should lynch today.

Also I really find it hard to figure out why the other neutral wouldn't claim right now. Maybe they have a ridiculously anti-town role and they're afraid we'd find out? Regardless, everyone's checked in and denied being the neutral (Milk didn't do it explicitly but whatever) so I don't think further pursuing that line of thought would be of much use. Maybe they'll claim at day's end or something.

Flame_AC

The neutral not claiming just means that they'll have an opportunity to be killed at night, so a non-zero chance of losing. Unless they're unafraid because they have some type of ability that's protecting them like a 1-shot bulletproof.

The neutral not claiming just means that they'll have an opportunity to be killed at night, so a non-zero chance of losing. Unless they're unafraid because they have some type of ability that's protecting them like a 1-shot bulletproof.

They still have a non-zero chance of losing if we lynch them. Regardless of whether they claim or not I don't think the threat of them dying during the night will go away. Claiming now will at least prevent them from getting lynched.

I guess if a neutral still hasn't come forward then there's not much point in continuing to discuss this. I guess Kawl_USC and Spoiled Milk are also against mass claiming, too? =/

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah I don't think 4 scum would be super broken but it shouldn't really change our objectives or the way we approach the game anyway. If there's 2 left we're operating under slightly erroneous assumptions but on the other hand we're twice as likely to lynch scum so it balances out :p

Fireblend

Banned
Got it confused with a different role for a moment but that's what I assumed one of their shots could do.

You can't tell me you don't recognize how obscure and vague every single one of your responses is :p I can almost imagine you backing away slowly while saying this stuff.

Yeah I don't think 4 scum would be super broken but it shouldn't really change our objectives or the way we approach the game anyway. If there's 2 left we're operating under slightly erroneous assumptions but on the other hand we're twice as likely to lynch scum so it balances out :p

I'm having a hard time believing that there are four scum total. Maybe in a game with one neutral, but not with two. Like, that would be Hard Mode for town if that was the case lol.

Then again, this is a game with three cops in it, so I guess an irregular distribution is not off the table.

Top Bottom