• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Raide

Palmer_v1 said:
I think the operative can plant charges on the ground that are invisible without certain perks. If you DO see an enemy IED of any kind, you can iron sight it to have it automatically announce it for your teammates to see from then on.

As for the ability pips/recharge time, there are perks that definitely increase the max pips, as well as the recharge speed. There's also command posts in each map that grant either extra health, or extra supply to your entire team as long as you control it.

Do we know if there is a spotting system in this aka BC2 or is it a simple 'target enemy and it auto shouts a verbal command' or something else?

When I watched the videos, I like being told where downed or injured people are. Some games make it really hard for Medics to actually to their jobs. No wonder people skip the Medic class.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If this game doesn't cause me to rage as much as Black Ops does, it's worth my money.

I'll probably be selling BO for this (Mainly because Im broke).

Ah, remote turret control sounds soooo awesome. I'm really hoping, at the very least, Brink finds/gains a good sized dedicated playerbase. I'm sure it will on PC, but on consoles... MP only titles are like flavors of the week. On to next new/shiny/best thing. But anywho, really hyped. Can't wait.

Raide

Tomat said:
If this game doesn't cause me to rage as much as Black Ops does, it's worth my money.

I'll probably be selling BO for this (Mainly because Im broke).

If you roll with GAF and have some fun team stuff, I am sure the rage will be low. :D

derFeef said:
The TF2 medics are constantly healing/buffing the player.
Health pickups and small buffs are nothing compared do that (and I like that!)
You want to disable a reviver though, in ET you could instantly revive people as could the GDF medic in QW. QW medics are high-priority targets because they can revive a whole team in seconds if they're left standing. It was easy to pick them out in a crowd and thus you gunned for them first.

We don't know how fast a medic can dish-out syringes in Brink with the right perks, and I would like to be able to tell what kind of class abilities I'd be up against when engaging an enemy (or I'll get a surprise molotov to the face!) anyway:
DeanoCalver said:
There are lots of perks and class talents, that enable you to get info on your friends and enemies.
This guy knows what's up!

Is this game as fast as W:ET?
Not at all, unless the PC version is very different (which it most likely isn't, but hey we don't know do we!?).

Palmer_v1

Raide said:
Do we know if there is a spotting system in this aka BC2 or is it a simple 'target enemy and it auto shouts a verbal command' or something else?

When I watched the videos, I like being told where downed or injured people are. Some games make it really hard for Medics to actually to their jobs. No wonder people skip the Medic class.

As far as medics and reviving, I know a downed player can call for a medic, which will actually put an objective for medic's to accept, and the downed player is actually told whether or not a medic accepted the revive mission. I assume the player would then be highlighted somehow on the minimap/hud.

Raide

Palmer_v1 said:
As far as medics and reviving, I know a downed player can call for a medic, which will actually put an objective for medic's to accept, and the downed player is actually told whether or not a medic accepted the revive mission. I assume the player would then be highlighted somehow on the minimap/hud.

I have images of "Player downed, Choose Medic Quest, Declined, Foreveralone.jpg"

Kholdstare

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Ah, remote turret control sounds soooo awesome. I'm really hoping, at the very least, Brink finds/gains a good sized dedicated playerbase. I'm sure it will on PC, but on consoles... MP only titles are like flavors of the week. On to next new/shiny/best thing. But anywho, really hyped. Can't wait.

I'm hoping at the very least it turns out like Shadowrun where you have a very dedicated (although small) user base that will play the game consistently for years.

Raide said:
If you roll with GAF and have some fun team stuff, I am sure the rage will be low. :D

I need to roll with GAF in this game. I'm sick of getting into multiplayer shooters with friends only to have them blow it off after like one week of play.

Going to make a dedicated effort to post in this thread and communicate with other gaffers. :D

derFeef

Danne-Danger said:
You want to disable a reviver though, in ET you could instantly revive people as could the GDF medic in QW, in QW medics are a high-priority target because they can revive a whole team in seconds if they're left standing. It was easy to pick them out in a crowd and thus you gunned for them first.
Sure thing. TF2's health/damage system is really different, comparisons not always go well. I played a lot of ET actually (Field Ops main), never player ET:QW though.

charsace

I am already thinking of a class that will stop fast hit and run classes because I figure those will be the most popular. Its always the case that people go for those or snipers so that they can be the "lone wolf" badass that dies 5 or more times than they should and allows the other team to build up momentum because they aren't helping the team at all. And the more team based a shooter is, the more that these types stand out because they cause the whole team to lose.

Guess I'm picking this up on PC then ...Can't wait! ...though I suspect my ping will be complete shit due to being deployed right now =/

derFeef

charsace said:
I am already thinking of a class that will stop fast hit and run classes because I figure those will be the most popular. Its always the case that people go for those or snipers so that they can be the "lone wolf" badass that dies 5 or more times than they should and allows the other team to build up momentum because they aren't helping the team at all. And the more team based a shooter is, the more that these types stand out because they cause the whole team to lose.
Fun thing is, you can be a medic with heavy body type. How useful this is for the team is another question, but I am glad this game will provide a wide variety of options. I am sure people are going to yell at you because you are not playing the "perfect class for this body type" or something like that, but if I want to play a hulking medic with a gatling gun, then screw them! :)

charsace

derFeef said:
Fun thing is, you can be a medic with heavy body type. How useful this is for the team is another question, but I am glad this game will provide a wide variety of options. I am sure people are going to yell at you because you are not playing the "perfect class for this body type" or something like that, but if I want to play a hulking medic with a gatling gun, then screw them! :)
You will probably be a rarity. I'm thinking most players will play the lightest class I try to run on the walls every chance they get. They will build a hit and run character and try to circle strafe you instead of actually hitting and running. I just know it.

Dude, a gatling gun wielding heavy medic would be a beast. I definitely plan on creating a variety of characters using all the body types in "unconventional" ways.

Raide

derFeef said:

Damn that would be scary. :D

Actually, a whole team of fat medics would be even more scary.

Part of the fun of Brink seem to be giving people the options. If people want to make a TF2 Scout type characters, then they can. Not sure if Fat Sniper would be good though lol.

Are there ANY sniper rifles in this game at all? aka zoom scopes.

Just think about a sniper/remote control turret wielding engineer who is skinny and can run back and forth to the front lines and the fringes sounds sooo much fun.

scorpscarx said:

Just think about a sniper/remote control turret wielding engineer who is skinny and can run back and forth to the front lines and the fringes sounds sooo much fun.

Si senor (Yes, there is). They aren't of your traditional 'one-hit kill' variety (unless it's a headshot on a light body type -- that would have to verified, not sure if it's true). They are good at chipping away/providing support for those in the heat of battle/frontlines. Assist points galore!

Edit: Beaten.

scorpscarx said:

There are, but none of them are capable of one shot kills. Snipers will get a bunch of assists and few kills from the sounds of it.

abundant

scorpscarx said:
Yeah I'm going to use that gun, I saw it in action but there was no scope on it.
Both sniper rifles are also Light weapons, so you do have access to them if you choose a Light Body Type.

Kholdstare said:
I'm hoping at the very least it turns out like Shadowrun where you have a very dedicated (although small) user base that will play the game consistently for years.

I need to roll with GAF in this game. I'm sick of getting into multiplayer shooters with friends only to have them blow it off after like one week of play.

Going to make a dedicated effort to post in this thread and communicate with other gaffers. :D

It's like a rat race. I've been on an endless pursuit for the near perfect MP experience (for me) and Brink just might be it.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
It's like a rat race. I've been on an endless pursuit for the near perfect MP experience (for me) and Brink just might be it.

Yeah. I've been on the pursuit for the past few years. Bad Company 2 is the closest I've come to being fully satisfied. Brink might be it.

classicdms

Neo Member
If I can get the equivalent of running with a light body and Scout/Deagle gun combo, I will be in heaven. I don't have to one shot you if I can quickswitch and long range deag you.

Ultratech

Looking forward to Brink.

Been keeping up with it since I was at Quakecon when they announced it about 2 years back.
They also had a nice playable demo at Quakecon last year, which I didn't get to play (long ass lines for it).
Hoping it'll be real good.

Concept17

classicdms said:
If I can get the equivalent of running with a light body and Scout/Deagle gun combo, I will be in heaven. I don't have to one shot you if I can quickswitch and long range deag you.

This a thousand times. My glory days in CS this would be all I would do. The focus on movement in this game is what's making it look so good.

classicdms said:
That seems to be how they're balancing the snipers here from what I've gathered. (hypothetically, talking rifles) Scopes will make it take longer to take aim, grips/grenade launchers will make it take longer to equip (I wonder if "equip time" also means unequip time...), larger magazines leads to longer reloads, faster RoF lower dmg etc. I'm eager to see how a barebones (iron sights, small mag, no grip aids) bolt rifle with a heavy pistol will turn out, from the vids it seems like a bodyshot from the bolt rifle will take ~3/5 of health from a heavy, which sounds juicy to me! Now imagine headshots from the hip with the right add-ons, in the hands of a light-bodied soldier. :eek:~~~

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

classicdms

Neo Member
I hope theres multiple iron sights to choose from too. Most iron sights are cumbersome as fuck. Something clean and low key would be nice. And ya, a soldier specced light snipe/deag combo would play ridiculously well. I also wanna experiment with that build and medic class, since I'll be staying back in most firefights anyway.

MRORANGE

ordered the steelbook version of the game for pc for £22.75 and will probably be my only game pick up of the month, please don't disappoint.

Definity

Has any of the other abilities been posted or shown yet? I know they had a few images on facebook a month or so ago but I've not seen anything else since then.

Definity said:
Has any of the other abilities been posted or shown yet? I know they had a few images on facebook a month or so ago but I've not seen anything else since then.

i'd like to know this as well as if you are able to respec your spent points as well. seems kind of scary going in totally blind without knowing what is worth spending your points on.

Top Bottom