• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
scorpscarx said:
Any PC footage yet?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's a steamworks game, nobody can play it until it unlocks on steam, at least not without outing themselves as a pirate.

Ummm I just downloaded my copy from Direct2Drive and I'm trying to install it and it is saying my product code is already activated by an existing steam account?

what in the world is going on?

Here are the two things I wan't to know later tonight from PC Brink Gaf:

1. Immediate impression of quality or disappointment when you boot up a match.

2. Is the game modern and pretty looking like the original trailers.

Biggie

robotzombie said:
Ummm I just downloaded my copy from Direct2Drive and I'm trying to install it and it is saying my product code is already activated by an existing steam account?

what in the world is going on?

Direct2Drive sold your key to someone else :eek:

I just activated and downloaded the game directly in Steam, you should try that. Just paste your product code into the Games/Activate a Product on Steam...

When I'm doing it, it is bringing up the actual window for the steam activation, so I don't know what the hell is going on

Edit: Is there any chance it just does this until it is 12:00am? I really better not be getting screwed over

robotzombie said:
When I'm doing it, it is bringing up the actual window for the steam activation, so I don't know what the hell is going on

Edit: Is there any chance it just does this until it is 12:00am? I really better not be getting screwed over
quick call an old priest and a young priest.

ameratsu

Just downloaded a 123mb pre-release patch on steam

6C0VR.jpg

Biggie

@robotzombie people in the Steam forums are complaining about the same problem of D2D Keys already been activated. I guess I would contact D2D support.

Biggie said:
@robotzombie people in the Steam forums are complaining about the same problem of D2D Keys already been activated. I guess I would contact D2D support.

Well at least its not just me and may be a generalized issue, thanks for the update. I already sent in a thing with customer support, hopefully it will be resolved quickly

XeroSauce

Proven said:
At this point, at least 3 of the 4 streams are playing in public games. One may have been on, but either way has started doing challenges last I checked.

By public, do you mean online multiplayer, or just co-op?

Proven

XeroSauce said:
By public, do you mean online multiplayer, or just co-op?

Online Multi, although I'm not sure about Koopa anymore. Anyway, there's Slayer, with good quality, or his friend, with low quality, but a weekend of experience. They're both playing together right now.

BigBlackGamer said:
He isn't half bad. Right now it's like he's showing what can happen when you work with your bots, instead of raging at them the whole time.

Tricky I Shadow said:
FUUUUUUUUU, those 360 VS PS3 shots are disappointing. The 360 version looks too dark!

All my friends are on the 360 and I prefer the controller, but the differences it’s quite big.
I usually up the brightness on my games, and this looks no different

Sanic

Those of you who want to be in good company during the final 37 minutes can come join the Steam group chat!...where there's just me and someone else :/

TheExodu5

Banned
scorpscarx said:
Here are the two things I wan't to know later tonight from PC Brink Gaf:

1. Immediate impression of quality or disappointment when you boot up a match.

I will post my immediate impressions after my first match or two.

My prediction is that immediate reactions from the campaign will be "meh" at best, and that the multiplayer won't really open up and get interesting until Rank 2 (when alternate body types and class-specific upgrades get thrown into the mix).

bigswords

I am glad that they "force" you to watch the how to play video for new players to earn 1000 xp. I do hope people who play this game work together and not play it like COD.

Detox

divisionbyzorro said:
Gerstmann (GiantBomb) seems to have the right idea:
Wait they didn't set up an event for journalists to at least play the multiplayer of this game? Wow Bethesda dropped the ball on this I mean that is like telling people to review Red Dead or Assassins Creed just by playing the multiplayer. They could have turned on the servers so people with review copies can actually play and it doesn't matter if a few guys that have the game early can also play.

Shurs

Detox said:
Wait they didn't set up an event for journalists to at least play the multiplayer of this game? Wow Bethesda dropped the ball on this I mean that is like telling people to review Red Dead or Assassins Creed just by playing the multiplayer. They could have turned on the servers so people with review copies can actually play and it doesn't matter if a few guys that have the game early can also play.

Like most online games, I imagine there were specific play sessions set up where reviewers could play against their peers and people on the dev team.

Shurs said:
Like most online games, I imagine there were specific play sessions set up where reviewers could play against their peers and people on the dev team.

I bet there were. And that's nothing like actually playing the game in the wild.

Top Bottom